Hey, Sup Forums, i was asking myself something recently so i wanted to ask you comic book nerds

Hey, Sup Forums, i was asking myself something recently so i wanted to ask you comic book nerds.
Why in the Marvel universe the mutants are always discriminated by humans or feared but Spiderman, The Fantastic Four and others have been accepted by them? Do humans somehow know that Spiderman and others do not posses the X gene?

Fuck you. We just had this fucking thread yesterday.

Read a comic sometime.

How the fuck would i know if someone else asked that already? I never come here and i don't read comics. I'm too lazy to go to Yahoo, man.

Humans are afraid of Mutants outnumbering them (also calling yourselves "Homo-Superior" doesn't help either).

>i don't read comics
Then either start and get your answer from there or fuck off. Sup Forums isn't your personal wikipedia or yahoo answers. This question has been addressed countless times in the comics and gets asked on Sup Forums every fucking day by people who refuse to read comics but for whatever reason care about this trivial minutia that should only matter to people that do.

Here's your short answer: Because it's racism, and racism is inherently illogical.

>I never come here and i don't read comics

Then fuck off back to whatever shithole you crawled out of. All you casuals think you're so damn clever pointing out this "discrepancy" when it's been explained in the comics for as long as the X-Men have been around, never mind the fact that other heroes don't always have good PR, especially in the Silver Age. It's incredibly annoying to see variations of this thread up day in and day out.

If you'd like to stop being such a faggot casual, read Marvels and Earth X.

As for the Fantastic Four, they told the public early on that they were caught in Cosmic Rays and weren't born with powers. They are perhaps the most public of the superheros since they give tours through the Baxter Building and have comics (in the Marvel Universe itself) about their real adventures.

And why do people forget that in the early years of the MU before the X-Men there were like, ten notable heroes? Namor, Cap, the FF, Thor, Iron Man, Ant-Man, Spider-Man. Not only did most of the grapple with the law but when the Mutants started popping up in droves, born with powers and fueled by racial ideology, it was a pretty big deal.

There are about 4 canon explanations, some dumber then others. I personally go with the "bad PR" one .I mean the Fantastic Four have several movies, shows, press conferences, merchandising, have given tours of their estate, and make dozens of public appearances, Reed use to visit hospitals just to cheer kids up. X-Men save the day and fuck off. They're secretive(for good reason mind you) People know them, but they don't KNOW them.

Or you can just go with the bacteria one

People have been asking this since the 60's and we are no closer to an answer than they were back then

Its Magneto's fault

he wanted a movement of mutants at war with humans

I don't think there was a faction of non-mutant, powered people with a similar goal

Magneto ruined it for the muties

X-Men and mutant stuff does does not work with the resat of the universe at all. All governments and civilian attitudes are just totally different between a mutant book and a non-mutant one.

Even the evil mutants that appear in the non-mutant books never see a single issue. Whirlwind or Speed Demon never once saw a Sentinel or spent time in a MRD prison. Living Lightning was never scrutinized by the public.

Then you toss in another species of superpowered people with the Inhumans and nobody has a problem with them no matter what shit they cause.

>how to spot a casual: the post

There's this sentient immortal super-bacteria named Sublime. He has survived until now by spreading himself through populations since the dawn of life on Earth. Unfortunately for him, Sublime can't control mutants unless they actively ingest him through a drug called Kick, so as a result, Sublime instilled subconscious mutant hatred and bigotry amongst all of humanity in hopes that humans would wipe out the mutants that way the mutants wouldn't become the dominant species, since if they became the dominant species then Sublime would die.

Man I love Morrison but when he swings and misses, he REALLY fucking misses.

find a way to refute any of that, and you can't use cartoons as examples

don't have to, you are just a fucking moron casualfag

All government attitudes are vastly different when reading Avengers or FF from just about any X-book. As well as their general outlook.

When Thor, Iron Man, or any FF member goes to the future it is pretty much the same space only more future-ey, When any X-Men time travel it is always hellish wasteland with sentinels or mutant warlords fucking everything up. And he has a point with the sentinels never making an appearance when an evil mutant fucks up somewhere in someone else's book. Whirlwind is one example of a mutant that keeps on robbing banks but there is also Typhoid Mary. Or even all the times Namor just rages out and starts breaking things. The super secret anti mutant things that appear on occasion in the X-Men and especially X-Factor never make an appearance when a mutant is causing trouble in a mostly non X book.

>casualfaggotry

>samefag
>casualfag

....smasualfag?

Because you're a casual

There is a running joke in Marvel comics where ordinary citizens wonder if spider Man is a mutant. Also the public as a whole almost never completely accepts spiderman its one of his longest lasting tropes the media specifically JJJ bashes him non stop

Depends on comic era and just how much does the writer want to lampshade the whole "mutants vs Mutants".

Easiest answer autists never accept is that other heroes, who are barely accepted, are just random people.
Mutants are a race. They're not just getting the fallout for their own actions but everyone else in their race. Their bad history and misconceptions follows every Mutant.
Spidey only has to deal with bad rumors about himself.
Every regular Mutant has to deal with Magneto's fuck ups and theories on how they're goign to usurp humanity as dominant species.
Also evil bacteria.

>help I'm drowning save me
>but not if you're a faggot/nigger/spic/etc
Any firemen or EMTs out there care to weigh in on how often shit like that actually happens? Because it sounded stupid in comics even when I was nine.

Mutants are advertised as the species that is actively making humans obsolete. They are "Homo Superior".
Who the fuck would be happy about being told that they are going to be replaced and made extinct? That's why mutants are dispised.

Other superheroes are just people who had something happen to them or got ahold of something alien. They aren't "the next step in human evolution".

Spider-Man is not accepted, this is like one of the central facets of the character.

Mutants aren't heroes. The X-Men were formed to show people that they COULD be heroes, but there had already been years of hate by then.

People aren't just afraid of Mutants existing, they're afraid of them for two reasons:

One, because they're said by the news rags to be literally replacing humans, and the Brotherhood of Mutants has a LITERAL mission statement of wiping out and replacing humans.

And, two, because they hide in plain sight among your neighbors and kids, but have a physical superiority over you. Your next door neighbor could just come over and freeze your dick off if he felt like it. Your son could get burned alive at school because he said the wrong thing to some psycho mutant.

But these are all things made in later years to help explain the situation more thoroughly. The real answer is >Because it's racism, and racism is inherently illogical.

That's the point here. People hate people who are different, the reasons and excuses just come later to reinforce that belief.

If there were suddenly a race of people walking around in America who were 7-feet tall, had huge dicks or tits and were twice as intelligent as your average human and were literally being called "Homo superior", you'd probably see them being burned at the stake.

Usually mutants keep completely to themselves and never give a shit about other hero things happening. X-Men historically never bothered with a villain fucking shit up unless it was a mutant doing it. 80's X-Factor was much more assholish about it too.

The best way to explain it ss, people just fucking know, rarely will someone say a character is a mutant and be wrong.

Its like people have a passive mutant detector sense.