Been watching this guy's videos for a while now, any of you have an opinion on his stuff?

Been watching this guy's videos for a while now, any of you have an opinion on his stuff?

youtube.com/channel/UCrlzSqLSGj8GIOeT5jrQsJA

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/94395212/#94395212
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I like that he brings attention to these problems, but hate the fact that what should be a 5 to 7 minute video ends up 15 to 20 minutes since he goes off topic.

He rambles too fucking much and most of his videos are basically podcasts over still pictures.

I can see him turning into the new mr. enter.

You JUST had this thread.

Where?

you should probably kill yourself

didnt he basically rape some marvel editor over tweeter or something?

Deleted by the mods for being blatant shilling. Now fuck off, D&C.

Fuck off, shill.

desuarchive.org/co/thread/94395212/#94395212

>they think I'm the video maker
>who would honestly waste his time shilling at this website, over others
lol ok

I feel like he brings the issues to the forefront without me actually having to pick up a comic book (something I haven't done in close to 20 years) but I do agree he can get a little ranty.

I generally agree with him, but he lacks the charisma for me to listen to him ramble over and over about the same topic.

Thats the other problem, he probably needs to script his videos because the ones i've listened to, he has made the same point repeatedly when he goes off on a tangent then veers back.

Yeah, exactly. At the very least, his vids are nice to listen to in the background on my other monitor when I'm doing grindy shit in a vidya

This. Though, to be fair, that tends to be the case with those who are just starting out. Hopefully, he'll improve as time goes on.

I'd like to know what he read regularly, because he seems like he's picking up random issues and reviewing them. Which isn't bad, but you'll tend to miss minor things here and there. I also feel like a good critic needs a foundation so you can get to know their likes and dislikes when they branch out.

all interesting content creators rant
if you just want facts, you can get those very efficiently somewhere else

he is from the jim shooter school of thought that "every issue should potentially be your first issue", but he also thinks that if that is not the case, then at least the cover should specify it (like saying this is issue 6 out of 7 on the current arc)

and you get a pretty good vibe of what he likes and dislikes if you just listen to a few of his vids or see his reviews

Stop shilling this asperger piece of shit.

For all the criticism of Marvel's shit titles, he really isn't any better with his Riri-Birth fanfic.

I like his reviews and I agree that identity politics in Marvel is a huge problem. But he needs to stick to criticizing the comics and stay out of internet drama. He got mad that some women who work for Marvel drank milkshakes and called them "fake geek girls" unironically.

This is seriously the 4th thread I've seen on this TODAY.

Stop being faggots.

Advertising your own site/Youtube channel is against the rules, you have been warned. Continuing to do so may result in a permanent ban. If you would like to advertise you may email us directly about purchasing ad space.

its probably personal to him that those people are running his hobby into the ground
unlike what your friends tell you, its natural and normal to care for things other than what Trump did or say this week

Private Snowball stop shilling your shitty videos here.

It's pathetic behavior even then.

>editor of Marvel's best comic
>editor of some successful Star Wars comics
>not responsible for anything Waid, Bendis, Aaron, Hopeless or GW Wilson are doing
this guy is angry at an innocent woman who is actually genuinely doing good
kys

>>editor of Marvel's best comic

>Marvel is so shit that Gwenpool is considered a quality product

His reviews are okay but he repeats himself a lot, and he's an absolute autist, but that's actually common with the marines.

>if you just want facts, you can get those very efficiently somewhere else
Such as?

Says the Sup Forums poster bitching on the internet.

its not something i would do but i can see and enjoy the entertainment value of someone else doing it. this is the reason why people watch his shit

i would be on-board with your train of thought if she had tried to cry wolf after being called a "fake geek". there are a thousand better comebacks than yelling "harassment1!!"

comichron for stats
twitter and assorted social media to get a "vibe" for creators
the actual books themselves to gauge quality in a way that is relevant to your taste

stop posting your stuff here

Why should he be expected to be better than professionals who get paid to write these stuff?

I agree with a lot of his points but he has a bad habit of jumping to conclusions and assuming the worst about stuff he doesn't know about like his video about saga.
Also he needs to stop recording his videos on his phone and start using editing software.

saga is utter shit

Why shouldn't he be?

>calling people working in the industry fake geek girls
>when you can't even review a single fucking comic without fucking up on details
Stop shilling your videos here and off yourself already

Toss in comicsbeat for month by month percentage changes, analysis of the bookscan numbers, and a column from a lcs owner (which has mostly been about how awful marvel has been to order for in the last year)

Perhaps but he still made numerous false assumptions about the comic bard purely upon his preconceived notions of what kind of comic it was.

You cant deny that the issue he reviewed, which was supposed to be a jumping point, was a TERRIBLE jumping point. Blame BKV for that.

It's not his job to be a comc editor. It's not your job either. Do you have a job, btw? Feel free not to respond if you're embarrassed.

>He lets me get angry about comics I don't read

literally cancer

MODS MODS DELETE THIS IS ADVERTISING

FUCK DRUMPF AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

Fuck off and stop shilling your shit

He's fine, I don't know why some Sup Forums people get so ass ravaged over him.

I guess Sup Forumsmblr is real after all.

He called Heather Antos and her crew fake geek girls, and went off on Rich Johnston

>and a column from a lcs owner (which has mostly been about how awful marvel has been to order for in the last year)

And also tweets from various retailers and that BC Bestseller list, and the Comixology chart.

its widely known Sup Forums is a leftypol branch

There's still one issue of Ultimates left to come out before Gwenpool gets the "best comic" title.