Will it be worth watching it?

Will it be worth watching it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2JE-0bAkU-E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No.

Same people who brought us the Lorax movie. WHAT DO YOU THINK?! D=

No.

There is no way this is going to be better than Jim Carrey's Grinch, and comparing it to the original would just be insulting. This doesn't need to exist

No, because it a Illumination movie, and they are going to market the absolute shit out of it like they did with The Lorax, going against the moral of yet another Doctor Seuss movie.

>caps
>D=

>They make it about the Grinch's backstory
>He's an attractive hipster guy like the Onceler pre-grinchyness
>Grinch becomes the next tumblr obession.

Just by that face you know there will be farts and a scene where he shakes his ass to a top 40 club hit from a decade ago

Fuck you're totally right. God save us all.

I'll eat my fucking hat if the Grinch doesn't shake his furry green ass to that haters song by Taylor Swift during a montage or some shit.

>Grinchler fanart will be everywhere

>obession

Depends on who's writing. If they have any sense of awareness and know how hated by some the Carry-Howard film was, they'll at least try to present something more watchable.

But it's probably just going to make the Who assholes again, make Cindy a QT tough girl who singlehandedly fixes everything, while Crustymuffin or whatever his name is turns in a (possibly) less obnoxious performance.

>Don't let these Christmas deals get stolen (slip away) by the Grinch! Shop at Wal-mart/Kohl's/Barnes & Noble/Sears today!

>because it a Illumination movie

*because it is an Illumination movie

Still waiting on that roadtrip take of Green eggs and Ham where Sam-I-Am is played by Shia Lapoof and the guy he annoys is John Goodman.

Didn't we already have a grinch movie? And it was garbage?

Watching? Maybe. Paying for? No fucking way.

>This will replace the live action as the christmas special

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I want to say that it's hard to go wrong with the Grinch, but there's 90 minutes to fill and the original story's only good for about 30. I feel like it's probably doomed to alteration the same way the Lorax was, though hopefully not in a way that ironically contradicts the point of the original story like in that case.

Knowing Illumination, though, this thing is going to end up being about an attractive young hipster from Whoville who realizes that no one's ever given the Grinch a Christmas present ever, and thereby cures the Grinch of his grinchiness by giving him a gift, thus saving the day with the heartwarming holiday message, "What you really need to be happy is things, lots and lots of things."

Nope. I doubt illumination is going to learn from the Lorax movie's mistakes

What would the Grinch's genitalia look like, anyway?

Sounds more like a message about just giving kindness where one previously never had it extended to them. But yea, Illumination would likely fuck it up to be about the consumerism and thus make the Grinch and the Whos all overly materialistic cunts who bond over not-PlayStations and not-android devices

>grinch hates christmas not because he hates the noise, but because he never got a present from santa
>grinch goes around stealing everything, not to throw it off a cliff, but because he wants them for himself
>all the whos get together to buy grinch the toy he's always wanted when he was a kid
>the movie ends with him giving away all the things he stole over the years from his hole

>Grinchler

Shh. Don't give em ideas.

>And what happened next? Well in Whoville they say.
>That the Grinch's small cock grew THREE sizes that day!

>He fucked and he fucked til his fucker was sore.
>Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before.
>Maybe fucking, he thought, doesn't come from a whore.
>good fucking, perhaps, costs a little bit more.

>All the whos down in whoville loved fucking a lot.
>But the GRINCH
>who lived just noth of Whoville.
>Did not.

>with him giving away all the things he stole over the years from his hole
Oh my

>Then he crept to the icebox, he fucked the whole feast!
>He fucked the Who-Pudding!
>He fucked the roast beast!

>Why that Grinch even fucked the last can of who-hash...

>The Grinch exclaimed, "What a fool I was, seeking fucks with my cash!"

I will fuck the tree fuck the tree fuck the tree fuck the tree fuck the tree

>Jim Carey played live-action Grinch
>Jim Carey played animated Horton

He's the Chris Evans of the Dr. Seuss movies.

Don't say this. No.

>Carey

Live action one was shit too though

Not for everyone

I heard that the yellow contact lenses hurt so much that it made Jim Carrey mad.

>no yellow eyes due to hepatitis
TRIGGERED

youtube.com/watch?v=2JE-0bAkU-E

Wait, what?

THE ANONYMOUS HACKER KNOWN AS Sup Forums

Reading that made my soul hurt.

The marketing was exactly like that for the Jim Carrey one as well

watch Sup Forums fall in love with this movie when they reveal Cindy-Lou to be wafiu material.

They'll probably use this exact line and that fact makes me upset.

Was it? It's been so long that I can't recall. I know the film really screwed up the Whos by making them more materialistic than just into the spirit of things.

Pretty sure Sup Forums have waifu'd before and still hated whatever the girl crawled out of.

But there was already a movie about the Grinch's backstory

Are you doubting the likelihood of seeing the origin of a character again in a reboot?

Since when did Sup Forums get a grammar Nazi?

>You have SHIT in your A-NUS, Mr. GRRRRRRRRRRRIIIII

nothing will replace the original
there, debate over

Pretty sure the guy meant that the new movie will become the tripe aired every Christmas from now on. Which probably isn't too far off the mark, unless somehow this movie does even worse and I mean in the way that not even CN would want to air it.

If they can air The Cat in the Hat and Diary of a Wimpy Kid, no movie is too shit.

Is this the start of the Seuss Cinematic Universe?

The villain of the Avengers equivalent better be Uncle Adolf.

>Cat In The Hat, Grinch, Lorax, and Horton all team up to fight Seuss Nazis

I always assumed he had a dick spiked with sharp green barb hairs and ironically looked a lot like a Christmas tree

I'd rather have a remake of the Lorax without the kids and only the Once-ler.

But cat in the hat was a good film.
And diary of a wimpy kid was simply meh

Oh please god no

Why would you assume this.

Not sure if bait or really shitty taste.

>wafiu

How bad could it be?

biggering, BIGGERING

Interesting, but inaccurate. The movie tells us that his bad banana is greasy black.

>crooked jerky jocky
>drive a crooked hoss
It's bent, too.

It's 9-and-a-half feet long
It's full of gunk
(and maybe spiders, too?)
Greasy black but with moldy purple spots
The entire song is about the man's penis

I think the live-action movie is worth watching solely for Jim Carrey. Any time he was on screen, it was fantastic.

>mangled up in tangled up knots
Having it inside you must feel unique...

It's actually a classic in its own right, because you're absolutely right. He's very much his own take on the character, and that makes the movie worthwhile. Making him an inventor who lives in a scrap heap was brilliant. It's just a shame some of the other new ideas are pretty bad, but overall, it's a guilty pleasure I just can't knock too hard.

"Wow."