>he's 14 years old at the start of the series
Are all kryptonians uber-chads?

Other urls found in this thread:

niagarafallsreporter.com/Stories/2015/DEC10/cult.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8OSIgpW-XUc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Clark
>Chad

More like a Cletus. He is an awkward farm boy.

Fuck, really?
Everyone looked collage age even at the start of that show. I assumed everyone was a senior in highschool.

Yeah. Clark and his friends were all in their freshman year in season 1, aside from Whitney who was a senior. Which is weird that he was dating Lana.
>Everyone looked collage age even at the start of that show
That's just how TV works. ESPECIALLY in the '00s and ESPECIALLY on the CW/WB

Also, Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum were the same age when the show started yet Lex was at least 10 years older than Clark

This show was a hot mess

this is pretty much high school in tv land

it was always weird as fuck when i was in the 8th grade and most everyone i saw in the same class about to transition into high school still looked like kids

Well, Soviet Superman was also 14 years old in this scene.

And Lois thought about banging him.

tom looked 20 up until he was fucking fifty. I wish i could have those genes.

What??
Really?
Holy shit
I always thought they were seniors likeTV is fucking weird
Higher younger people or something

Hiring kids brings on a ton of additional regulations so it's more convenient and cheaper to hire 18 year olds.

>More like a Cletus.

Nah, not Cletus. Cletus is the dullard cousin. Clem is the awkward one.

>Higher younger people or something

Problem with young actors is puberty. They can be clear face one week and next week they could have a major pimple break out. Also things like random growth spurts and voice changes.
I remember reading about all this in an article explaining why they need to replace the girl in the spy kids movie and such. Shooting something can take weeks or months so you need someone that isn't going to have any drastic image changes.

Would you commit a crime, Sup Forums?

Reminder that Alison Mack is still super cute looking but joined a cult where she's apart of the leaders harem.

details please.

niagarafallsreporter.com/Stories/2015/DEC10/cult.html

Also, kids still have to do school and stuff if they're acting, whether it's just a tutor or whatnot. I imagine it can get to be too much. I know My So-Called Life was cancelled because Claire Danes, who was 13-14 when working on the show, didn't want to do it anymore.

>Kristen Kreuk is in it too
What the fuck

This show was hot
Damn right it was
youtube.com/watch?v=8OSIgpW-XUc

Who didn't

Gay.

she is now the leader of that harem now

Lex was only around 6 years older I thought.

Still creepy how he'd hang out with Clark desu

>Also, Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum were the same age when the show started yet

What? Did one of them travel faster then the speed of light and age slower due to relativity?

>travel faster then the speed of light

*travel faster than the speed of light

Yeah, I could never suspend my disbelief and pretend that anybody in Smallville was actually a teenager. The cast in Buffy looked more like teenagers, and half of them were nearing 30.

I just ignored any mention of time passing until it had a notable effect on the plot. As far as I'm concerned, season 1-4 all took place during Clark's senior year.

>niagarafallsreporter.com/Stories/2015/DEC10/cult.html

Huh, good scam if you can pull it off.

But Clark started his senior year in season 4.

What the fucccccccck? If even half of this is true, why is the guy not in prison? Why is his business/cult still active to this day?

He cucked Superman with both Lana and Lois, that's quite an achievement.

Not gonna lie, the dude's a manipulative tool but I'm jealous and wonder how he does it.

I mean between show's like buffy, and everwood and smallville, a lot of shows that dealt with highschool always had a mixture of older and younger looking 'kids' so it never really stuck out to me very much considering but if you really looked at it too hard, they're a bunch of early 20 somethings playing highschoolers.

lana and chloe*

What law is he breaking? What's the difference between him and Mormons, besides the size of his religion?

polygamy is illegal in the us? mormons got rid of polygamy pretty early to assimilate better

They publicly got rid of it. Mormons still do it. At least some of them.

>Are all kryptonians uber-chads?
According with Smallville itself, Jor-El himself was a master Chad.

>Greaser Jor-El

Jesus, this show was amazing

Smallville has the best live action lois

>Jor El the greaser was saved by badass grandpa Kent

Teri Hatcher tho

dude only guys in their 40s+ would even give a shit about her. you're in extreme minority.

They didn't really hang out that much? They were "friends" but I always got the feeling it was more like Lex mentoring/humoring Clark.

I was in my teens when I crushed on her, my illusions of her body were destroyed when I saw her in Heaven's Prisoners though :(

>lana and chloe*

Eh yeah I vaguely wondered if Lois was in Smallville but considering they seemed to have everyone in it at some point I figured maybe they fudged it. I didn't watch a lot of it as you may imagine, just bits here and there over the years.

>people can't watch things after they've finished airing

?

I did like Smallville Lois a lot though.

>my illusions of her body were destroyed

what was wrong with her? Floppy tatas?

most people on here weren't even born when that aired brah, and most people defend characters that they grew up with and while they're people that watch after the fact, they're more modern choices, which is why you get niche fandom fights in the first place, it's all extemporaneous.

She was in the show but not the cult. Otherwise I don't understand the post that I linked to. Manipulated by who? The cult guy never met with erica durance.

I know user. But you're not in your teens anymore, are you?

Sup Forums is not that young, most people were in elementary/middle school when it aired

>what was wrong with her? Floppy tatas?

That would be a kind description, let's just say that push-up bras are pure illusion.

My brother is 5 years older than me and we had kind of the same relationship Clark and Lex had (in the first couple seasons at least).

God Clark's faces. I'm losing it

>He doesn't like hang and sag

don't think he's married to em all just fucking them

Oh all that sweet cringy nostalgia.
I actually liked the show in its initial seasons. For me it was the first show on television with actual superpowers and I loved the super-villain of the week gimmick. Also adding Superman's mythology to the Dawson's Creek formula created something pretty addictive.
But everything after season 4 was a disaster.

>But everything after season 4 was a disaster.

Season 9 was alright, and Season 10 had a horrible myth arc but was worth it for Lois and Clark.

For some reason, my dad really liked Smallville. He didn't have an interest in the comics I was actually reading but he had fun watching this and asking me about who the villains were and things like that

Thats the problem with everything after season 4: every myth-arc became convoluted as hell and involved at least one retcon about Kryptonians that contradicted earlier events.

>having 2 different Zods

One was a younger set of clones...yeah you're right though.

you're right it is a mixture but my point still stands. only people repping terri hatcher are older.

I know that entire episode is great

That's why you only watch seasons 1-3 then 8-10

>8

Why?

I hated Smallville

I actually unironically love Smallville.
Marathoning it right now.

>he doesn't like season 8
Explain why I write up why you're wrong

I really hate Erica Durance's one so maybe I'm biased, but still HAtcher

Everything about the Doomsday plot is really boring and I can't remember any stand out filler episodes like even 10 had

I did this before. It has some real fucking dire patches

Wait, rescind that - the Stilletto episode was pretty fun.

I'm going to be honest user this is my second time watching it through this year.
It's really hard to get through some of those Lana episodes in the later seasons.

SO

FUCKING

GAY

Holy shit, that was unreal. That was more cringey than Pete and his stretchy powers, sponsored by Stride Gumâ„¢, in association with One Direction (download their new single from iTunes NOW)

>One Direction
I'm positive it wasn't them.

Fuck, it was One Republic

Goddamn Pete, fucking up my concentration

Like right now I'm watching that episode with Lex's little brother and everytime a Chinese mobster shows up, some stereotypical "Oriental" kind of music plays really dramatically and it's in slow motion lmfao.

God forbid teenage characters go through things teenagers do.

Its taboo to say, but Americans have such a sexual fascination with high school, yet refuse to acknowledge how childlike teenagers in high school are for mostof it. People tie t to their sexual awakenings and ongoing fetishes, but if you were to show just how young HSkids are they'd be disgusted. Making adult teenagers makes it palatable to people.

fine just watch this one episode

>Lana

Fucks sake. I know Clark couldn't be around her, but in those episodes where he has the JLA running around all over the place, she'd have been a lot more use than Cyborg or whoever.

Oh em gee, this is really out of character for her. Or is it?

not too far if it was for a story, actual sex would cross the line though

Lets be clear about this - Chloe was best girl and they raped her by giving her superpowers

Why were they so autistic about him flying?

Episode by episode

>Justice League cold opening
>Sam Witwer making an awful Doomsday tolerable
>Ollie's origin isn't a clusterfuck
>gorgeous Maxima seduces all
>Lois being forced to confess her love for Clark under torture
I can't think of anything for Prey, but Sam Witwer is still great
>classic identity getting revealed fake out
>TRAPPED IN THE PHANTOM ZONE!
I got nothing for the next two episodes. They're Chloe and Doomsday centric
>THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES
>Who shot John Jones?
>the beginning of the end of Lana Lang
>Amazing Toyman and the end of Lana Lang (this alone makes the season redeemable)
>Linda Lake being the biggest threat of the season
>Tessnanigans
>ANNATAZ
Another shitty Doomsday episode
>Lois Lane: Hero At Large
And then the last three episodes are Doomsday and the best character dies

I'll admit, the Doomsday plot really made the season drag, but after season seven it was a breath of fresh air. It also sets up the final two seasons which are some of the best

>HOLY CRAP IT'S LIGHTHOUSE AT OUR HOMECOMING DANCE!
How did a high school book such big names?

Their one big rule at the beginning of the show was "NO tights, NO flight". And I guess they wanted to stick to that rule for integrity or something, so even 10 years later when he's working with Lois at the Planet and going around in a red and blue suit with the S and he still can't fly? It doesn't really make sense, so let's just give him anxiety and fear of the "DARKNESS" within him or something.

Point by Point

>Justice League cold opening
Why is this good?
>making an awful Doomsday tolerable
Nope, it was all for a terribly contrived love triangle subplot.
>THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES
I forgot that they were even in the show. They made no impression whatsoever. Brainy had the better episode later.
>end of Lana Lang
She was still around.and part of a plot. That doesn't really mean much overall.

In the early seasons, because they wanted it to be a pre-Superman show and typically flight is the moment of ascension (pun intended).

By the time they just embraced that they could move on and do Superman stuff it was probably budget.

I liked League of Superheroes, I wish they'd had the budget to make better use of them and maybe given us a one-shot Green Lantern episode

Watch it for her. whoever was in charge of costuming for Lois was a bigger pervert than me and hats off to him

ALL SMILES

do you just not like her look or is it a character thing?

Literally my fetish

I think it's the character, because I liked her one episode in Stargate

Just such a shrill, insufferable cunt

>its a they ran of out ideas because the premise itself is already paper thin so they just ripped off an at the time popular movie episode

she was chasing a story and going 'undercover' wink wink.

I just wish that they had an episode more to themselves.

Brainy at least played gatekeeper in the High School Reunion episode. Which was pretty fun.

Seen moments before giving Desaad an over the pants handie