How long will their marriage last, Sup Forums?

How long will their marriage last, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AQAuR1TakUc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

She'll say no, unfortunately.

Nearly every woman in DC is a better choice for a wife than that dyke you call Catwoman

Hopefully they learn from OMD and don't retconn it. Characters can grow up and be relatable.

A few possibilities

>A year in DC Universe
>Long enough for a new baby
>Helena is born
Gives a new dynamic for the batfamily and Bruce himself. Damien could be the reluctant babysitter

>Joker anniversary kills her or makes her the new Oracle
Pretty much already determined by this. King said his run is a gigantic story arc. Doing this will leave a huge impression within the Batman mythos.

This. Joker isn't going to stand for some back alley whore moving in on his man

Isn't she still a jewel thief?

>hating Catwoman

Shit taste, user.

>Joker killing/crippling Catwoman

I feel like this is going to happen and I would be devastated.

doomsday clock is a year in the future, and the books will have caught up by the time it ends

Name one? WW? How the hell would that work? Batgirl? The Nightwing fags and shippers would literally storm DC and burn it to the ground. Gotham Girl? Gotham who? Ivy or Harley? Talk about a crack ship only thing stupider would be Joker. You want him to remain a solitary sour puss like 90% of Sup Forums? Catwoman is probably the most reasonable choice.

Solicits have all but confirmed that she says no

If she says yes, and the marriage makes it past engagement period which will likely be a year, and then the marriage itself manages to last another year or two, then it will be pretty much locked in and permanent.

Probably Zatanna, but childhood friends never win in romance so...

Yea the only character with deeper commitment issues than Batman, plus ever since JLD and the animated movie they've been pushing her and Constantine together.

>Because of Paul Dini, Zatanna will forever be considered a "Batman character".

Prove it? I haven't seen anything.

Not hating bro, but she's about as interesting as a rock

Have you seriously not read her books? Out of the entire Batman family she's probably had one of the most interesting character arcs. She's funny, shady and badass.

It'll end as soon as he realizes she's a kitty cat.

Who knows? Injustices arcade ending for Catwoman has them not even making it to the altar. Earth 2 on the other hand had them married and side by side until the end of the world.

That kind of reads as if he is trying to get the Batfamily's approval. The last arc had in saying he is scared of everything and how much he doesn't like his life to Gotham Girl.

>Dick tries to talk him out of it because Dick self destructs every relationship he has ever been in
>Jason doesn't really care
>Tim (who comes back in September) will question him about her being a criminal
>Damian will throw a bitch fit and try call Bruce foolish. Comparing Catwoman to Talia
>Who cares what Babs thinks

We also have unfinished story arcs. Like the mass murder charge that still hangs over Salinas head.

This is what I think will happen.

Selina is going to say that Bruce needs to find himself under his cowl, and be himself, before accepting. Also, she will state that she has dangerous enemies that eventually will endanger their lifes as normal people.
Bruce is going to throw himself in a dangerous travel around the world finding his roots, recall his training and also put to an end the most dangerous guys out there because that's the way he thinks he will find himself, free Selina's from her ghosts and also the way he can put his crusade to an end.
He will come back then, they will marry, live together a few issues, maybe even a few story arcs, and then she will die for whatever reason, probably event related. Or she will be kidnapped, or she will make something awful.
And in the end, the status quo will reign again, unfortunately.

Better than nothing

that's kind of hot

>>Tim (who comes back in September) will question him about her being a criminal
I dunno, user. He was pretty forgiving with Jason. I know Tim is a self righteous bitch, or was, at some point. But sometimes he just goes and lets it go as if it was nothing really.

How long do ant marriages last Sup Forums?

She's literally the most interesting Batman character...

The thing people forget is that Bruce would never be able to settle down. His one and only goal in life is to the eradication of crime. It's dictated every decision he's made and has led him to where he is now. Marriage is about commitment and putting someone's needs before your own. Bruce can't make that promise since Batman is always going to be his number one priority.

In short, marriage is for normies and Bruce isn't a normie.

If the marriage does happen it'll last for at least as long as King is on the book which will be for another 4 years.

I see Tim of pragmatic. He will come to accept the marriage if Bruce wants it. The problem is we don't know what Tim will be like in Rebirth. I mean, did Oz's jail give him PTSD? Why is he coming back at the most important time in Bruce's life?

I for one will love to see Tim again.

Hopefully Oz will have turned Tim back into the real Tim.

otherwise she wouldn't be considered at all, so not a bad deal

So I take it you're too dumb to understand what the SPOILER boxes are for.
In that case you're just dumb enough to believe this bullshit plot-bump will last forever and ever.

>Like the mass murder charge that still hangs over Salinas head.
user, they... they sorta addressed that, but it felt like the biggest fucking running retcon.

So is Batman gonna make a deal with the devil to bring his Aunt back by trading away his marriage?

How about a regular rich people divorce with Catwoman as a petty ex-wife?

>did Oz's jail give him PTSD?
I sure hope he will. But I doubt they (editors and writers) will dare to. But honestly, that could give the character some interesting story and character traits, given that he hasn't really passed through any real hardship, or at least, lesser messed up shit than the other batfamily members (besides Babs, maybe. But even she had her share). Well, I don't know Tim too well, to be honest. I could be totally wrong. But in any case, drama is a hell of a tool to make a character into, well, a character, one who feels more real. It can be good things too, of course: the point is making them pass through events that actually let an imprint in them.

>Why is he coming back at the most important time in Bruce's life?
Story wise? Probably because he's the most detective out of the Robins. better than Bruce, I think? He's the Sherlock, I think? Damn, I know very little about Tim. Also, I think he was involved into some time traveling stuff: that may have something to do, too.
Editorial wise, they probably didn't know what to do with him at the moment and feel like putting him to rest until they could write some interesting story for him. Seems like DC is approaching their non big characters like that, overall.

The worst of DC is many times better than the worst of Marvel, so I don't think this will happen

Oh, I reread the second question. Damn I suck at reading comprehension when I'm this sleepy.

They're bringing him back now because they're going to introduce heavy stuff in the DCU and they need him for something else, I guess.

Like 1 year.

Have you not been reading King's run? His impulse to end crime is a torture for him. He does pretty much everything for Gotham (i.e. his parents), and nothing for himself. His conversation with Gotham Girl about doing things for his own happiness is what prompted him to risk proposing to Catwoman. That PLUS his last words to his dad in The Button about not being Batman for their sakes.

My prediction is that Selina says yes, but then something happens to her during The Metal that drags Batman into accepting his status as Batman again.

Of course, I do want DC to sack up and just keep them together, but I'm not holding my breath. That would just make too much sense. Think of the stories between Stepmom Selina and the Batfamily. Double dates with Clark and Lois. Damian not trusting her at first like a son whose worried a new woman will take his dad away. It could grow so many characters. But nah, let's just have another "[insert Batfamily member here] doesn't trust Bruce anymore" storyline.

that's actually a good idea... i have a feeling it's going to end badly for Selina though once people get bored with Bruce being married and want a return to basics they will kill Selina

Good points. I just don't want to see Tynion write for him and utterly destroy his character like he did Spoiler. I swear, that fucking guy has been dick riding Snyder for way too long.

It is heavily implied that OZ is supposibly dropping characters in and out of the continuity to fuck with the DC heroes at their most vulnerable times. We still have some time to go before we figure out what is going to happen to Doomsday and the other guy. Even Mxyzptlk was captured by him. They even went as far to say Mxyzptlk was scared of him.

They did? What issue? All I remember is that it was revealed it wasn't Salina and instead some she trained. I still think the bounty on her head is still up since it was unresolved when the real killer escapes to Khnadaq.

>Think of the stories between Stepmom Selina and the Batfamily. Double dates with Clark and Lois. Damian not trusting her at first like a son whose worried a new woman will take his dad away. It could grow so many characters.

This is my wish.

>Double Dates with Clark and Lois
I want this soooooooo bad now. Think of the possibilities, Lois and Selina on their own little adventure while the boys fight something. Or what if they dont get along?

dr manhattan event starts and he undoes the marriage proposal and selena doesn't know bruce's identity again.

Perfection.

Too bad most Batfags want Bruce to remain a stoic loner who jerks off only jerks off to justice and Joker

Would Jason's teammates be invited to the wedding?

I dont think they would go; Artemis wouldn't care, and Bizarro would probably try and eat the entire cake.
>Detective Chimp is the ordained minister
>Clark is best man
>Damian is pissed about being the ring bearer
>Babs cant stop crying
>Dick is being smug
>Jason is at the bar
>Tim's invitation was lost in the mail
>Rest of the league is there despite Bruce's protest
Who's throwing Bruce a bachelor party?

>Who's throwing Bruce a bachelor party?

Hal and Guy

>Jason's teammates be invited to the wedding
>Artemis will teach Babs/Cass/Spoiler the ways of being a Amazonian badass. Donna will try her best to fit in.
>Jon and Damian team up with Bizzaro to become the Best Boy Squad who team up to solve who stole the wedding cake
>Jason Dick and Tim have some family bonding time which leads into them uncovering someone is trying to cash the wedding
>Supes/Wonder/Batman will actually be relaxing as their entire family rosters are the one protecting the wedding

I could dig it.

not long, selena is too much of a "free spirit/rogue". she likes the flirting and taboo behind her meetings with bats, she'd never like monotony.

Was the old man scared of Oz? I got the impression that he was actually scared of Manhattan, actually. Oz imprisoned him, but he wasn't the one he was talking about to Jon.

Now, I just thought... Maybe the Jor-El stuff is actually right, with all the dealing with prisons as a them and being smart and all.

Trainwreck for the ages.
Fucking glorious!

Isn't Batman and Catwoman's daughter Huntress

The girl they pinned it on was Holly Robinson, originally Selina's teenage prostitute gal pal in Year One, who was brought back in Catwoman's second ongoing. The fucked up thing was, Holly became Catwoman for a story arc there while Selina settled down, and wound up quitting because of all the violence and death. She didn't kill anyone as Catwoman, but she was framed for it anyway, and saw enough people die to realize the masked life wasn't for her. She trained with Selina and Wildcat, but her biggest victory was beating up a teenage girl.

So the idea that "actually, Selina didn't hunt down and kill all those 200+ terrorists with her clawed hands, HOLLY did!" is ridiculous to me. And since it all happens abruptly in a single issue, in which Batman's suddenly convinced she didn't do it when that possibility was never even brought up before, it reeks of "fuck we can't risk losing readers, Catwoman can't be a multiple murderess!", but they picked the worst character to pass the buck to. I prefer her as Selina's last carefully guarded sliver of innocence, and now she's her scapegoat.

until the next reboot of the dc universe

>will you marry me?
>hold on lets have sex first then you tell me the story about when you were the most vulnerable
>then you'll answer?
>sure

>Jon and Damian team up with Bizzaro to become the Best Boy Squad who team up to solve who stole the wedding cake

I didn't realize I wanted this so bad. Cute Cute Cute Cute

>They ask Bizarro if he ate it
>He says no
>All three go on an adventure to find out who did it
>It was Bizarro

You just know they'll never make it through the wedding ceremony.
Ra's Al Ghul will show up with ninjas or the bat-signal will be lit up in the sky mid-vows or The Joker will ruin the whole day by wedding crashing because of course it'll be The Joker in a wedding dress.
It's kinda predictable when you stop to think about it.

>He says no
Well, he told the truth.

The Batfamily was always such a stupid fucking idea and whatever hack thought up this latest shit needs to be fired. Batman should have sworn off the entire concept after Jason Todd died and the stories should have went back to just Bruce/Alfred dynamic, maybe with the occasional help of another hero who happened to find themselves with the same goal. Now it's all a bloated mess that will never be cleaned up.

Until next reboot

Character stagnation doesn't work. It becomes boring and repetitive. Look at Spiderman. All these years and hes still a fuck up manchild. Then look at Renew Your Vows. It actually makes him interesting because of the new character dynamics.

Reading the same thing for 20 years isn't fun.

As long as fucking possible, it's a good change and I'm so fucking tired of status quo. I miss Dick as Batman.

Until next summer.
DC has been anti-family since nu-52.

>And in the end, the status quo will reign again, unfortunately.

Though possibly with some lasting change or character; Helena maybe?

Not that user, but I've read Brubaker's run but I'm still not a fan of Catwoman.

King is garbage, news at 11. I can't wait for him to fuck off already.

We all know how this ends

She'll just defeat his cock that very same night

Hopefully until they give birth to Helena.

As long as the writers want it to.

Until DC get's their own Quesada who hates Bruce being married

>Selina shutting Nruce down like that
This marriage needs to happen now.

That would require DC to not have editors.

Bruce*

I feel like Damian will come around after he sees her playing with his cat.

youtube.com/watch?v=AQAuR1TakUc

They didn't learn when they axed Dickbats.

Tim is irrelevant. Unlike Dick and Jason, he was never adopted by Bruce. Nor is he Bruce legitimate child like Damian.

Is there really any reason to go "Back to basics" with Batman?
What would you even go back to?

Unlike Marvel, DC isn't afraid to write "This happened a while ago" stories that are still canon, but not in the current point of the timeline.
The "Batman needs to be a loner!" excuse doesn't fly anymore since he's had, in one form or another, a dozen damn children that are all a part of his life still. Not to mention Alfred. And Clark. And Diana. Plus you could always go back to the previous point of "Here is a story that happened in the past" if you want it.

The only real reason to ever split up a Bat/Cat marriage is if you want Bruce to fuck other women.
But how many love interests does he have that actually matter.?
And I don't mean throw aways and short term things. I mean substantial.

Selina.
Talia.

And that's it. You could be a contrarian and try to make a case of Julie Madison and Vicki Vale, but they haven't been relevant as love interests in years and most people don't even remember the former
You'd need to do the obnoxious Spider-Man thing and throw a bunch of hollow, expendable love interests at Bruce...Which is just boring.

Let the fucker get married and be happy like Superman is.

Batman has a record of letting her continue with her criminal activities

Earth-2 could have been great but look at we got.

>Unlike Dick and Jason, he was never adopted by Bruce
I'm pretty sure that's backwards.
I know that Tim was adopted after Identity Crisis, and that there was a story that ended with Bruce awkwardly handing Dick the papers to sign and him telling Bruce that he didn't have to do that to show how much he cares.
Jason I don't know about at all here.

Won't last long. She'll start complaining about Batman caring more about Gotham/justice than her, or she'll get bored of being a housewife, or someone will kidnap and torture her (Joker) and will get angry because Batman won't cross the line for her or anyone else. That'll be the final nail in the coffin for their relationship. She'll probably then leave Gotham for a year or two and when she comes back they'll flirt again from time to time but the relationship won't go anywhere.

Post FP Tim was never adopted since his parents are both alive.

>they marry
>she gets preggy
>infant baby dies by something a villain does
>Selina goes apeshit revenge mode >Bruce is pissed but still not in murdermode
>they divorce
>Selina finds villain who killed batbaby
>Selina kills Villain
>Sline is Villain
>Batman and Catwoman, enemies again
Something like this
Something like the whole Lian Harper thing again

Current Tim's parents are still alive you fucking monster. Are you telling Tim to abandon his current family and live with sugardaddy Bruce!?

>or she'll get bored of being a housewife,

Why would Selina ever be a housewife?
Do you think Bruce would even expect her to be a housewife and not a partner?
What work would there even be for her to do while Alfred exists?

The other stuff you said is still valid, though.

Not preferring a cat girl wife?
WHAT ARE YOU, GAY?

I mean DC wants to create more lasting relationships now, look at Clark's family, he has it all but if you told me 10 years ago Clark would have had a real son and he would stick around I wouldn't believed you.

Like with Morrison's run, he's going to put his toys back where he found them when he leaves, or at least set up a situation where DC or the next writer can decide to continue it or end it.

King doesn't subscribe to the "hurr durr joker n batman r gay" garbage.

I don't think it was a last minute ditch to pin it on Holly. Or I at least don't think Batman is out of character for being totally sure that Selina was innocent. He trusts her, but more to the point, he trusts his own judgement more than anything. If he had to accept that she could've been a murderer under his nose this whole time, he would've also had to accept that maybe his judgement isn't as great as he thinks. This was also played up with his dogmatic refusal to believe the League of Shadows actually existed until it was too late, although King didn't write that one.

I mean, if the issue isn't that things have changed in this iteration from Year One, then I don't no know what to tell you except pretty much everybody's Year One is different post Rebirth. Don't see why you'd hold that over King more than any other writer.