How does he fly? I mean...

How does he fly? I mean, what sort of explanation is there that enables him to somehow lift off the ground and zip around at mach speed? There's some explanation out there that someone wrote, I bet.

His body emits gravity canceling energy. It's the same thing that allows him to lift large objects without them breaking apart.

Gravity field.

I always consider that he is jumping really high. And kicking the space really hard.

Yep.

Low-key tactile telekinesis.

On Clark, it serves only to fly and carry heavy and big objects without breaking them. On Conner, it was his mainly power.

Huh. It always bothered me that he can lift a plane without it collapsing.

>tactile telekinesis
What the hell does this even mean. If you're touching things, that's just carrying them. It's not telekinesis.

It's holding the things together

>His body emits gravity canceling energy.
But how can he go "I want to fly THAT WAY" and go? Also How does he regulate his flight speed.

He flexes his muscles iirc, it was in one of the origins

the same way you do, with thrusters and breaks

He has superpowers. Flying is a superpower.

Duh.

I think it's more like he can create an energy field around him that lets him move himself in the three dimensions.

Chris had a more classical kind of Telekinesis, for what I recall. And could also fly.

I've just applied all the explanations from Irredeemable to Superman.

It would have to be more than just canceling gravity.
Just canceling gravity would make you just float.
He'd have to be to control the intensity and vector of gravity to be able to fly

Well, part of it was started in All Star Superman by Morrison, where he popularized the bioelectric field he has; every living being has one albeit weak, he developed one through evolution in Krypton.

Then there's a comic where Luthor talks about how a planet would be considering all things Superman, he explains his laser vision, cold breath, colar energy absorption, invulnerability and flight.

It has to do with manipulating his bioelectric field, concentrating charge in a specific position around him to push himself away from there.

It's TK that only works on stuff that's in-contact with your body.

Kon-El for example doesn't need to lift a heavy thing from the bottom, he can poke it with his fingertip and it becomes weightless to him and attached to his finger by an invisible force field.

Superman has that same force field around his own body, but he can't use it to move objects like Kon can.

That "soap through a fist" explanation would make hovering in place impossible.

Super Farts.

According to Irredeemable Superman is the Plutonian done right, so he has the same powers. The Plutonian can warp all known laws of physics.

It doesn't matter.

He jumps really good

He has complete control over the soap, user. He squezzes the soap just hard enough for it to leave the bottom of his fingers but not enough to exit his hand.

You're forgetting that Superman has a few things the Plutonian didn't, foremost among them, perfect muscle control.

He flies through Kryptonian force of will. And hate.

When you start factoring in trash like "tactile telekinesis" and gravity manipulation you're fundamentally altering his powers.

Here's your explanation: he projects solar energy out of his cells, they envelop his body and he then essentially "swims" through the air. No warping the universe around him, no lifting himself with telekinesis, just like flexing a muscle he thinks to do something and his body spends the energy to do it.

It makes no scientific sense but neither does basically any superpower.

tactile telekinesis makes more sense than your explanation, and it doesn't alter his powers

He curls his toes and lifts himself off the ground with super strength.

seriously dudes? Waid took care of that question on irredeemable... just the best fucking comic of the last decade.

A kid in me says that he got super farting

There's never been an in-universe physics explanation. The same reason there's never been an explanation for
>why full grown adults put on extravagantly colored costumes when they could all be wearing much more practical shit. Why do Batman's ears not make him a laughing stock?
>how can Superman possible have "super breath" when he has the same lung capacity as any other humanoid
>Why does the Flash EVER lose anyfights?
>Why hasn't Child Protective Services intervened when any hero publically gets a child sidekick?
>Why doesn't Lois Lane explode on impact in that scene from Superman when he flies up from the ground to catch her when she falls from that building?
>for that matter, how does she wind up falling so god damn often?
>How the fuck is the Joker still alive?
>How does the Meta gene allow ANYBODY to fly?

Some questions can't have an answer. We're all fine suspending disbelief because we know this shit isn't real. If you try to give a real answer, it just ruins the fun.

Telekinesis is an alteration of his powers, what are you talking about? Before Byrne telekinesis was not one of his powers. His strength, speed, durability, and flight coming from his cells being superpowered by solar radiation was.

That raise further questions.

I've always thought it to be that the tactile telekinesis is a power gained by yellow solar radiation combined with his kryptonian genetics/molecular structure. This power in turn is what explains his flight and ability to carry large structures without them collapsing on themselves.

This does not replace or contradict his other classic powers of super strength, and speed, which are in my mind sufficiently explained.

>Why do Batman's ears not make him a laughing stock?
You mean the ears that are an iconic part of his silhouette? That have his communicators hidden in them allowing him to contact Oracle or the league if he's in too deep?

wait, he still has super strength right?

>field
Ah, a "field". The gool o' physics term to signify "We don't know how the fuck this works".

Well you see, there's this energy all around the multiverse called the "Super-Force" that grants him his powers whenever a yellow sun is born. In fact, the "Super-Force" is theorized to be the creator of yellow suns in general, each sun being spawned by the "Super-Force" itself. When all beings in tact with the "Super-Force" die, they become gods inside this "Super-Force" and transcends into the metaphorical construct of euphoria.

It's this "Super-Force" that also emits a strange "Super-Field" around Superman so that we he flies really fast, bugs don't splatter into his pearly white teeth, nor do the people around him die.

This is totally more reasonable than me just saying he flies because "he just can".

I always assumed heroes fly by telekinisis or by super powered farts

He's Superman.

No I mean the ears that would make any real person laugh at the manchild in front of him.
>That have his communicators hidden in them allowing him to contact Oracle or the league if he's in too deep?
Well that's even more retarded. The ears fucking stick out, what if someone accidentally shot one of them off?

but he still catches on fire if PA Kent is dying

Then he wasn't one with the "Super-Force" at that moment, was he? :^)

This was the original way he did it, he couldnt always fly he just could jump good.

was he one amphetamines?

No; he was on the "Not-So-Super-Force"