I'm not sure if I've ever seen a character go from "completely insufferable" to "I want to protect him!" quite like...

I'm not sure if I've ever seen a character go from "completely insufferable" to "I want to protect him!" quite like Ludo has. Was it his tragic backstory? Was it his determination to be something more than just a runt? Or, perhaps, it was his sudden realization that after all the hard work he did, he was just a puppet on a string for someone who discarded him once his purpose had been used, like a soiled tissue?

More importantly, will he return to us in #sagemode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=08uOsjP2vtw
youtube.com/watch?v=GIgpWLhoJcs
youtube.com/watch?v=eUeddYjDs6c
moringmark.tumblr.com/post/163561985998/patreon
pastebin.com/u/Riverposter
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ludo is a cute-o

I think it was his sheer naivety. When he was considered the villain, everything was so simple. Yet even after more serious threats arrived, he just seemed so vulnerable. He was still determined to learn magic and use a wand when he has a clear gift in recruiting animals under his leadership.
He's a cutie and deserves all the love in the world

>first time we see Jackie again she's sitting on a bed waiting for Marco
>Jackie keeps changing her hair, her clothes, and her personality to be more like Star's because she's desperate for his attention not because she is a narcissist, but because her father abandoned her and she can't bear the thought of ever losing another boy in her life that she genuinely cares about
>ultimately Marco leaves her for Mewni and she ends up on the cock carousel trying to fill the hole in her heart with dick and cum
>ends up pregnant, has to take a serious dive while doing a skateboarding trick to miscarriage
>ends up breaking her arm while doing so, gets rushed to the hospital
>the doctors tell her mom that she not only broke her arm, but was also pregnant and lost the child
>her mother, a drunk, viciously beats her when no one is in the room, but because of the drugs she doesn't feel the pain and doesn't cry out for help
>nurses come in, wondering how she broke her nose, lost two of her teeth, and why her face and chest are bruised and swollen
>her mom refuses to pay the medical bills, so she's forced to leave the hospital since they can't care for her for free
>her mom kicks her out for "being a slut", and doesn't even give her any new clothes, forcing her to walk through town with blood-stained shorts
>she hasn't eaten anything for over a day, and is weak from hunger, exhaustion, and being abused
>ends up collapsing in an alleyway in downtown southern California
>suddenly a young Mexican lad appears, his face blurred because her vision is dimming
>she smiles and cries, so happy Marco came back
>then more figures appear
>slowly it dawns on her that this isn't Marco
>next thing she knows, she's being forcibly violated, not just vaginally, but orally and anally as well
>she can't fight back because they put a gun against her head, and she's forced to please them
>she ends up just a bloody mess on the hot summer pavement, naked and crying while cradling her fractured arm

Prediction: Janna x Ludo, aka Judo.

I guess we're back to cancerous shipping shitposting. For once, being nuked by the janitor and sent to trash might be like chemo and help shrink the tumor before it metastasizes

Oh come on, we just started!

this would be a good shitpost if it weren't copypasta

But the image is what makes it great.

Hi Star.

Ludo already has a brother named Judo.

He told him their house burned down.

Personally I first started liking him more in late Season 1 when he was no longer presented as the main villain-- just the acknowledgment on the show's part that him being incompetent was ultimately a bad thing for both himself and Star sort of helped redeem the formulaic LUDO SUCKS appearances early on.

Liked the character as more than just a plot device to set up better things in Season 2 when they had him get competent, when it would have been easy for them to simply throw the character away forever after the previous season. Impressive both in the show and on the crew's part. Sad backstory didn't do much for me at the time, but the fact he'd been led along the entire season had the potential to be interesting. Was worried it'd just be too much Toffee-possessing-Ludo and sorta suppress his character development, since that plot WAS kind of a retread of the first season, but hoped instead it'd explore how he's unaware of it and how he'd take this manipulation and inevitable rejection.

Luckily the third season totally delivered on that by keeping the possession stuff to the minimum and going into more depth re: his character than I'd expected. Great illustrations of his inferiority and denial about being used once again; they hit really hard and got more emotional than I think they ever would have imagined treating this character at the beginning of the series.

It's great how much they've developed him. At this point he's ended up much better than Toffee, which is impressive considering so much of Toffee's appeal originally came from being better than Ludo.

He's a genuinely horrible guy (he is, after all, fine with kidnapping and punching children), but he's got moxie and reasons for his deplorable behavior so he's entertaining and sympathetic.

Plus, they gave him bigger eyes in Seasons 2 and 3.

Ludo was like the reverse Mabel for me, when Mabel went from lovable to pretty damn awful by the end of her season. Ludo went from annoying to lovable and likable by the beginning of season 3.

Where can I find more music with male harmony like this? It's positively orgasmic, but I don't want to browse through boy bands singing sappy music when I'm looking for emotional catharsis and I'm tired of the Gregorian chanting I usually listen to.
youtube.com/watch?v=08uOsjP2vtw

A lot of Weiss Kreuz.

youtube.com/watch?v=GIgpWLhoJcs

Oh cool, a German--
>Japanese
NANI

youtube.com/watch?v=eUeddYjDs6c

Was?

I forgot that the Japanese have a hard-on for English and German words. I was seriously expecting some Deutsche Liebe, not GRORIOUS NIPPONESE.

At least this one gives me a fair warning for what I'm about to listen to.

>all that in-universe Ludo merch
>tfw would throw money at them for that stuff IRL

I STILL don't understand why they won't release merchandise for Star vs. Is it because Nefcy is fully aware that releasing anything three-dimensional with Star's face on it is just BEGGING for images of hot gluing to sprout up on the internet?

It's up to Disney whether they get merchandise, not Nefcy (she's actually said she wishes there were toys), and apparently so far all they've chosen to release are books. It sort of makes sense there's not a lot of stuff: premium channel, not incredibly well known, etc.

On the one hand I sort of appreciate the lack of merchandise, keeps the universe/audience reception "pure" in a way: for example, Star can get a new outfit and fans will just think it's cute rather than HURRR THE MOUSE MUST WANT TO SELL EVEN MORE STAR DOLLS. On the other hand, despite never really buying merchandise for anything before, I love this stupid show enough that I probably would give THE MOUSE money for said Star dolls etc., if they actually existed.

I just want to have a Star of my own that I can tuck into bed. Maybe that's why they won't be released; she's the first character I have willingly given up my money for (besides shounen shit since that was my parents' money), and it's just not fated to be...

You can buy the Stump Day Edition of the guidebook.

Request filled for

Actually planning on doing that since I don't have the original yet either. And the spellbook, whenever that comes out (probably next year since there's no date yet).

So the New Star vs title card in the new intro has Evil as purple instead of Red now to signify it's allusion to evil. Like Eclipsa's magic. But another interesting note is that Star's magic she uses now is also purple see pic related. Anyone notice this?

Spoke to soon, it seems Star has been using quite a bit of purple magic throughout the show. Although you could argue the magic she uses for Ludo's chips is a different shade of purple. It still raises a point on the new title cards Evil being purple now though.

Star vs was originally called Star AND the Forces of Evil with a purple theme before Nefcy changed it. It is definitely implied that she's going to turn at some point and I think Eclipsa is going to be a big part about it.

Dark Star soon.

Satan is both the Morning Star and the Evening Star.
The sun has its dawn and its dusk.
You can see Venus early in the morning, and late in the twilight.
There is no Dark Star. There is just Star, but the perception of her changes depending on when you look at her.

moringmark.tumblr.com/post/163561985998/patreon

I would rather Ludo has a body like a starving ascetic instead of a meat-eating warrior, but still, okay. Good for him.

The new intro also seems to play up on Star's use of blue and purple magic symbolizing her nature of using light and dark magic. My point being I think Moon's deal with Eclipsa tainted more then Moon's arms. She influenced Star, so in point Star is half Eclipsa.

Also maybe the Star is Moon's darkest spell theory was just looking at it wrong. Maybe Star was more of an after effect of the spell as I find this line from the movie funny

>Marco: Star I've never seen you do a spell like that before.
>Star: Ya I'm not sure what that was
>Moon: Eclipsa

I want Ludo to learn how to fly.

Dennis could fly because he had the superior genes. Ludo is the runt of the pack and locked everybody out when they left him alone in the castle.

Lord Brudo pls leave.

Don't you have a wife to beat, or something?

>Ludo
>big beefy warrior
>not an archmage who specializes in one spell
Vingardium Leviosa

>parents and siblings treat runt like shit
>surprised when he locks them out
Good to see stupidity wasn't a new addition to the family. Dennis best sibling.

request me something to draw

Star the Rebel Princess/
Shined the brightest on the land/
With her sights upon the sun/
It brought about her timely end.

I miss Toffee

Eclipsa femdom Toffee

Post original Star following Moon around in wide-eyed wonder, with Moon noticeably worried for her personal safety due to the autistic child following behind.

>yfw Marco falls for proto-Star instead

Surprise us.

Star getting jealous of Marco getting too "friendly" with Baby

Marco holding an MX series rifle from ArmA III

how

For me it's his moefied design coupled with his desperation for a father figure.

to be fair its more so just Jackie suffering than straight shipping

Nevermind, maybe some lewd puppet Moon?

>magazine-fed light support weapon
what purpose

it's proabbly for suppressive fire

learned it from her mother

>teenager pole-dancing
Stobb id!

>Worried about me? Don't you get it? I lost my army, my kingdom, my clothes! And look – still standing!
I don't care if he's a slaver who tried to Levitato a whole children's choir.
His suffering will deliver him to glory, just as it will Star.

>ends up as god emperor of some distant world
>still tiny, but now commands an entire world
All hail Ludo, the phoenix of Mewni!

Ludo is the key to all of this.

I wonder when they decided to go with his whole arc.

I like the way you think

>Ludo ends up becoming one of the Mewnian royal family's greatest allies
>apocalyptic battle with a corrupted Star ensues, with Ludo and Moon's forces taking on any monstrosities she may unleash
>main cast confronts her directly, managing to either (A) reverse the corruption somehow, (B) imprison her in Rhombulus' crystal dimension, or (C) kill her
Tis a tragedy, but one I would watch willingly.

done

Ludo in the Wild hapened
that episode was pure kino

This is a thread about ludo fuck off

Here's some puppet Star from a few threads ago.

I'm not that user, but i want to repost his thoughts here

>Guys, I am not very good at theorizing into the deeper aspects of the Dies Irae theory but I have read the majority of the discussion about it in the numerous Star vs. threads that I have lurked since the first posts outlining it. I still believe its more of a motif/theme than an overarching plot-director but, nonetheless, I do know that Ludo's significance has been debated and, largely, that there is little agreement regarding his role within Dies Irae.

>However, after re-watching the Season 3 premiere I got to thinking that what if his parallel is humanity? The portion at the end of the premiere when Star and Toffee are both within him and how they both posessed him at different points resonates as to how humanity is fought over by the good and evil represented figuratively by temptations of Hell versus Heaven. Moreover, the way Ludo questions his own role in the conflict that, to an omniscient audience, seems to be between powers largely above him between the two battling parties (Heaven and Hell). Ludo questions his free will and, as I said, I am not a prominent expert on the Dies Irae theory and, as such, unsure what this seems to imply in terms of the complete idea. Moreover, with the introduction of Toffee and Eclipsa, the conflict in Star vs. seems to have expanded further beyond a two-party conflict as simple as Heaven vs. Hell within Dies Irae and, as has been noted in previous threads, serves as the reason that Ludo is difficult to pinpoint. However, I defend Ludo's role as humanity in that, as we saw in Ludo in the Wild, he is, indeed, capable on his own, and, as I choose to believe, the Bible discusses our free-will and purely human capabilities and serves in characterizing Ludo developing from season 1.

Did Ludo have sex with that spider and bird?

Star with a black eye. Tom telling her he's sorry but she made him hit her.

What would a 3dpd star look like?
Asking for a friend of coarse

>I'm not sure if I've ever seen a character go from "completely insufferable" to "I want to protect him!"

Has any character done the opposite?

>inb4 Star

inb4 Mabel, more like?

Star went from "completely insufferable" to "I want to protecc" just like ludo

___ ______ __

Honestly, yes.

I always wanted to protec her tho.

"you honour me"?

>More importantly, will he return to us in #sagemode?
He's a warrior bird now, user.

>not a sage warrior
Dropped

>Ludo is the new Enzo
>finally gets his big boy body

Would watch.

Sage warrior is season 5 user after the timeskip.

THANK YOU RIVERPOSTER

New to these threads
Who is the riverposter

It's the eyes, they made Ludo's eyes bigger in S2, more kawaii if you'd prefer.

pastebin.com/u/Riverposter

>3 months ago: monstar, sky, beginning of tableposting
>2 months ago: some monstar, tableposting is becoming more prevalent
>1 month ago: tableposting at its peak, sufferfags more prevalent, shipperfags are a plague
>now: god-king Ludo, the return of popular drawfriends, substar came and went
Any veteran anons wanna make/compile a not/sveg/ timeline of some sort?

He used to post as River Butterfly screaming at people posting Hekapoo. you can probably find the post by typing "love spikes" or "love toxins" Hence his name. Then he went and became a writefag and writes (not)star/user stuff.

Thank you for your autism sir.

i woudlnt say Table posting had its peak a month ago, it really peaked 3 days after it started then sporadically died and revived.

I remember that we were talking about a roleswap AU about a few weeks after the season 2 finale

Eh, memory was a bit fuzzy for that time, as I didn't frequent it like I do now.

>tfw 3 months more of this downward spiral
and i fucking love it
I'm just hoping we don't get /trash/'ed

i miss Star Avarius. makes me happy P-valley and cupil did some art about it without getting asked too.

That where this came from?

Yeah.

Oh, actually I requested both of them.

Fuckin adorable shit. I love it.

Bless you, kind user.

good on ya user.

>tfw no psychotic 14 yo girl to boss you around
>ywn be her buff frog
It hurts, comrades.