Is Power Girl's outfit really that dumb?

Is Power Girl's outfit really that dumb?

Not even

Yes, but it's not there to be smart or deep.

It's far from practical.

Super heroes aren't practical.

More Captain Falcon tits pls

Samefag

Nope. If it's good enough for the 3WA, it's good enough for Supergirl.

If anything she's overdressed.

Why are they so cool?

Shows less skin than Wonder Woman's but the boobwindow is seen as "highly problematic".
As audacious as it sounds without tits being part of her character she really wouldn't be talked about all that much.
She'd just be one version of Supergirl.
She'd be like Stephanie Brown or Cassandra Sandsmark.

But that isn't Supergirl.

Yes but the characters don't pay attention to it because she's allowed to flaunt her disgusting body however she wants.

Why are Captain Falcon's nipples so shiny? O_O

To make a very long answer short; yes.

Didn't they try to unproblematicize it a few years ago and nobody liked it?

The difference is that those characters are likeable, and this it's less annoying when they dress weird. Though I'd still much prefer they put on some decent clothes.

Power Girl is an obnoxious piece of shit, so her ridiculous outfit stands out all the more. Like, it's bad enough I have to put up with her shitty personality, but the creators have the sheer fucking gall to throw her tits in my face in the hope that I'll suddenly forget she's an awful person? Fuck right off with that shit.

Yes. It just exist to show her cleavage.

Didn't she still have the unproblematic suit when last we saw her?

>George Perez is a truly great comic book artist, and an industry legend for almost forty years now. What he’s not, though, is a great superhero costume designer. Much like Jim Lee, another exceptional penciler who also has a crazy attention to detail, he kind of fails to understand that sometimes, with superhero costumes, less is more. When Power Girl officially debuted in the New 52, gone was her classic look and the infamous boob window; instead, we got what looked like a white jumpsuit, and a red cape, with a giant red letter P over her left breast. I guess this was thought to replace the boob window and still draw attention to her boobs, or at least boob, singular. Fans really didn’t like this new look, probably more vocally than some other character’s costume replacements, and within a year, a variation of Power Girl’s original outfit was back…although with certain New 52 enhancements (lots more piping.This will be a theme.) But considering how it looked just before, fans welcomed the new “old” PG costume back with open arms.

yeah, cause superhero outfits are smart

what the fuck is a smart outfit? do you want everything to look tacicool?

>Zatanna has a talking rabbit who smokes
... I'm really starting to hate comic books. Bad enough they take themselves way too damn seriously, but then there's stupid nonsense like this. Goddammit.

>As audacious as it sounds without tits being part of her character she really wouldn't be talked about all that much.

Doesn't sound audacious to me. I mean the only thing I know about Nightwing is his ass.

The "P" on the redesign didn't help since it contradicted her old thoughts on wearing such a symbol.

>muh practical meme.
She is already bulletproof.

Which thought? The one where she yelled at her teammate for daring to try and do something nice for her, or the one where her heart is an empty hole that can't be filled?

Fuckin' hell Power Girl is awful. How's the new chick with the size shifting? She okay, or is she an intolerable asshole too?

Priest is trying to salvage Tanya in his Deathstroke comics. It has some nice lampshading on how shitty the she has been.

Sounds like someone needs to cut back on the diet soda

she's really great now

Hot Falcon nips

And that's bad because...

that's Constantine you filthy casual

That outfit spent most of its time getting battle-damaged during World's Finest

I always found her outfit funny I imagine bugs get stuck in her cleavage whenever she's flying.

Aw whoops. Forgot to put a "because" in there

>Give female superheroes "practical and de-objectifying" outfits
>Said outfits frequently get inconveniently "convenient" battle damage each issue.

I'd be okay with this compromise.

>bugs get stuck in her cleavage
For the love of God please don't give us more fetishes...

I imagine some of those bugs were Beast Boy haha.

she should wear a mask and a pair of goggles so her face isn't covered in bugs

If she was just some Batfamily jerkoff with no powers, sure.

But, she's Kryptonian. A Kryptonian on Earth could walk around bare ass naked and basically only two things in creation will fuck with them: super rare -except when they aren't- bits of green rock, or magic.

>John Constantine is a rabbit for whatever reason
You realize that only makes it worse, right?

First Power Girl, now Constantine. This thread is just full of characters I fucking despise. What next, Tony Stark, Vixen, Catwoman, and Peter Parker? Fuckin' hell.

That's because you don't read comics, user.

Sure I do, just not capeshit as much.

What about the random bird getting stuck head first in her cleavage every now and then when she's not paying attention while flying?

I know you were being sarcastic, but that's actually a good point! Most flying superheroes should probably have them.

So when do we switch Powergirl's costume over from keyhole sweater to virgin killer sweater?