Zim is getting a movie eventually. What are Sup Forums's thoughts on iz? Have you read the comic?

Zim is getting a movie eventually. What are Sup Forums's thoughts on iz? Have you read the comic?

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/10522150/1/Science-Knows-No-Bounds
amazon.co.jp/インベーダー・ジム-シーズン1-吹替版/dp/B015AG9UAO
amazon.co.jp/水の巻-第1章-氷に閉じ込められた少年/dp/B015AG9PGS
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

most people seem to like it

>What are Sup Forums's thoughts on iz?
It was ahead of its time in many respects. But honestly, between the network repeatedly trying to screw it and the production team being disjointed and uncooperative, it's no surprise it fizzled. Kind of sucks that Jhonen never got royalties for merchandise, though
>Have you read the comic?
A few here and there. It's pretty enjoyable, definitely worth a read.

>that issue where Zim went to an alternate reality where the Tallest loved him

I really like his music and how he sang with heart. I wish he was still alive

I liked it

Too many pizzas?

He was just being Hawaiian, don't be racist.

And the Membranes are apparently Mexicans
what's your point?

>Makes joke about iz in an invader zim thread
>end up in a race argument
How to derail a thread 101.

hey, we're just goofin around
it's all good

this thread needs some THICC

Issue 12 was one of the best so far.

I prefer reasonably proportioned but thicc is fine

>What are Sup Forums's thoughts on iz?

I think it's funny how bonkers Westaboos are suddenly going over it right now and some of the new Westaboo art is pretty amazing. The tons of art just keeps coming.

thicc tak

noice

All right, which one of you maggots let the old thread die?

MORE THICC

i hope the movie has zim and dib having to work together only to end up trying to backstab each other and losing

I'm going to be extremely surprised if Vasquez doesn't make sure it ends with Zim, Gir, and Dib all dead and buried in the same ditch.

>Gaz dominating Zim

That's the stuff.

Was the latest IZ comic just pure ZAGR bait? They had to have known.

Doubt it. But I'm happy as fuck we actually got a issue full of them interacting.

can't skizz the sizz

MY WHOLE LIFE HAS BEEN A HORRIBLE, PIG-FILLED ORDEAL

user, if you think that's "thicc"...

Who did you expect, Bigdad?

slow night

would be nice if Gooeyblob shows up to draw more art for us

THE BLOTCH KNOWS

Sorry user, I'll be somewhat busy with my job and other personal stuff so drawfagging might be a little slow. But since this thread is slow this week, I'm open to some ideas. Maybe I squeeze in a drawing among the other non-Zim related art I'm planning.

I thought the show was just okay when I was a kid, I was shocked to find out it had such a large fandom when I got older. I still don't care for it all that much.

two ideas pop into my head at the moment;

1) something to do with that Rule 63 Dib discussion we had in the last thread(especially relating to the idea we had of her being as bootylicious as Gaz is busty, maybe Zim commenting on how he has a mighty need for girl Dib's buns and Gaz agreeing with him)

2) something showing us what made Gaz in your AU decide she wanted to date Zim

They both sound interesting, I'll see what I can do. Like I said, I have other art ideas planned so please don't feel discouraged if I'm suddenly not up to doing it.

I'm fine with waiting, although the occasional progress update would be nice

Boco

Would have rather had pic related instead of muh nostalgia.

>Tumblr

I would of been happy with both.

Bump

continuing from the last thread, what would you want out of a Zim anime?

magical imouto neet gaz

Harem anime with Zim as the protag.

>membrane having a significant other that isn't science

Fat chance, those kids are clones.

she is science
irken science

Zip us already anime though

fanfiction.net/s/10522150/1/Science-Knows-No-Bounds
fic related

cute

and pic related are from the movie crew's twitters

what did they mean by this

>Want to buy the comics
>there's a gorillion variant covers for each issye
>never buy the comics because i can't decide what cover i want

Fucking with the shippers. Especially the most popular ship.

same twitter

>fucking with Jhonen

ftfy

nice to see membrane still has his fans

Draw Membrane a face!

>what did they mean by this

Zim/Dib or ZADR was always the most popular ship and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the new artists shipped it when they were kids.

Now that Japan and Korea have discovered IZ there are a bunch of new Asian fujoshits shipping Zim/Dib and actually retweeting these pics from the movie crew it is even more bizarre.

So beautiful.

Beautiful

Probably just messing with people but if there's more to it I say Human-Irken hybrids

>yfw mommyuki becomes canon

too handsome

Annnd, here's mind. I've always imagined Membrane with a beard. Something rugged and unkempt to contrast his sterile scientist persona. Like a super hero and his alterego, but Membrane is always in "hero" mode and the human side is far more vulnerable.

>Squidward and Membrane have the same VA
Goddamnit.

No joke, I'd probably freak out.

That one is good user.

These threads are slow but they pass the time somehow. So much that there is already a new issue of the comic coming out this week.

I can dig it

>new comic next week
No kidding, really?

*this week
fucking mistype

>page 9

I should draw Gaz with wet hair.

So what made Jhonen go from never wanting to be involved with Zim again to making a Zim TV movie?

$$$$$$

Wacky, epic and hilarious for the win, just like mr. vazquez's other wacky works. I'm sure the movie will be just as epic.

I hate people that like it. Like oMGz im sO RanDOM & eDGY

I'll bet we'll even see a pickle rick reference in the movie!

Thanks for posting this

>Now that Japan and Korea have discovered IZ
How did they discover it?

couldn't help myself

cute

Adorable

Besides that, he mentioned he missed working on the show several times over the years.

I could be wrong but I think the reason why japs know about it it's because the japanese dub is available on amazon since 2015.

I'm going to guess the fact that his fans are now all middle aged burnouts no longer insane enough to stalk him is a factor

>How did they discover it?

I've wondered that, too. Maybe someone translated the comics?

Nickelodeon Japan has been lately promoting some of their old stuff amazon.co.jp/インベーダー・ジム-シーズン1-吹替版/dp/B015AG9UAO also they not so long ago finally released the virtually non-broadcasted Avatar Japanese dub on Amazon amazon.co.jp/水の巻-第1章-氷に閉じ込められた少年/dp/B015AG9PGS

bump

Huh neat, It's using the new logo from the comics. Glad to see Japan getting into the show again.