I recently ended playing wolf among us and I liked it

I recently ended playing wolf among us and I liked it

Is fables worth to buying/reading?

Nope
>First few comics are bland and generic
>As they start fleshing out the world, you realize majority of the possible Fables are already dead
>The whole comic is an allegory for Israel, no joke
>With some over-whelming force committing genocide to Fables
>Lead by Gepietto
>Fables have been living in our world of hundreds of years
>Yet more murder and drama occurs in a mere decade
>Nazi werewolves
>Killer quiffs
>And you realize Bigby is actually an obnoxious, pretentious fuck

It's good up until The Adversary is defeated IMO. After that it just wanders.

The first ~20 issues is good, when they stop talking about the real world and get into the war shit is when it starts to dip in quality.

The premise is brilliant but a lot of the execution is shit. The simple stuff like the first arc are when it's best. Willingham is also a conservative talk radio-tier dumbass and it's next to impossible for him to keep his politics out of the comics.

Someone made this a few days ago. It's pretty accurate if you liked the game

I might add that Telltale did a favor by actually making the comic and characters seem interesting or likeable. Majority of the comics revolve around the same few characters, while the game actually serves to explore other outlets, like Fables running and owning dive bars, strip clubs, etc.

Oh I didn't realize they made a videogame based off of Fables. I liked most of the comics but after a while I lost interest it them. They got kind of bland once the exciting stuff was over. Still I think it's worth a look at.

I'm a huge fan of the Fables comic and despite having the first episode downloaded on my 360 for the longest time, I still haven't checked the game out yet.

This is all fairly accurate. And fuck Jack.

This pic is extremely accurate, though I would add that the comic starts out amazingly, but gets a little worse when bigby isn't drawn with a mouth anymore, which always bothered me.

The series is defo worth a check, though

Telltale games is an oxymoron and Fables drops down a gorge after the Adversary is defeated.

should be at your local library

Just stop at volume 9 when the adversary is defeated.

The game could have been so much better. It might be better when you play it now and it's all there in one go, but waiting for the episodes to release there was some clear bullshit happening.

Episode 2 took months to release. I'm fairly sure in the same time span it took between Episodes 1 and 2, 3 episode of The Walking Dead Season 2 were released.

And the reason why is obvious though they still refuse to confirm it. They changed the plot. A character prominent in Episode 1 barely appeared again until Episode 5 as a cameo and this is who many suspected to be the killer (Though as the character is referenced to be living upstairs by Jack in Volume 1 of the comics, maybe the change was done simply because they overlooked that their killer in the prequel actually was mentioned in the comic as still being around). Scenes in the "NEXT TIME ON WOLF AMONG US!" teaser at the end of Episode 1 never happened. The title cards of Episodes 3 and I think even 4 were changed with the release of Episode 2, with Episode 3's in particular looking far more rushed than the image that used to be there. It was apparent from the old title cards that the cop that appeared in Episode 2 was going to appear again as she was in one of the dropped title cards. Episode 2 also felt to me personally as the weakest episode, with lame decisions and the shortest runtime, which screams of them rushing to rewrite everything.

I just hope they don't get a repeat performance in Volume 2. I just know I'm waiting until all the episodes are out this time.

Wow whoever created this good job. I didn't know there was a sequel to fables. I would give it a try but considering i agree with everything the poster wrote ill probably hate everafter.

>Episode 2 took months to release. I'm fairly sure in the same time span it took between Episodes 1 and 2, 3 episode of The Walking Dead Season 2 were released.
Fuck no, , they actually pushed the walking dead back after the first episode JUST so they could rewrite the wolf among us.

Sounds about right.

Yes. But only up to issue #75

Very accurate

Bump.

>A character prominent in Episode 1 barely appeared again until Episode 5 as a cameo and this is who many suspected to be the killer

Who? I remember the speculation being that the killer was the Boy who Cried Wolf, who was just a reoccurring background character, not someone prominent.

I think he might mean the taxi driver. I don't remember what the rumors were, but I remember people being convinced that he was in on it. I can't recall if he was in other episodes.

Was the taxi driver the boy who cried wolf?

>Was the taxi driver the boy who cried wolf?

Yes. His tie pattern was shepards crocks.
He was a background character, not a prominent one.

I didn't care for it but a lot of people really liked it. Mostly I just found it bland. Grimm Fairy Tales is shit but at least it's bad enough to be interesting. That's pretty much where I'm at with it.

Btw

What are your hope for Wolf among us season 2?

A plot that doesn't feel like it was rewritten on the fly?
Though I did like the twist solution of Season 1, even though it didn't feel like it fit this universe, it would have worked in a regular noir mystery.

As someone who read Fables till Volume.18, this is painfully accurate. Congrats to the OP who made this. I guess I should play the TellTale game to redeem myself from the downfall of Fables

Oops meant for

Yes, it's very good at first.
fpwp