Do people on here actually read comics?

Does anyone in Sup Forums actually read non cape comics? Even the threads I see about the latest issue of whatever cape comic is popular are fairly sparse. And when someone makes a thread about a fairly popular non-cape comic they get under 5 replies every time and half of those are people calling a book they didn't read shit.

So, just curious.
1) Do you read any comics at all?
2) Do you read any non cape comics at all?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/tg/search/text/mediafire/username/Shakaranon/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1) Yes
2) Yes

Half of this Board is only her for Cartoons and couldn't give a rats ass about comics.

Most of this board is about comics, with the occasional repetitive cartoon thread. Cartoons are dying out.

This is me, although I wouldn't be against getting into comics if you had any recs

Cartoons and live-action dominate this board, because the simple fact is both mediums have much broader appeal and are far more accessible. And the few that read comics here are predominately only interested in surface-level shit. The best in-depth discussion is always found in the Shelf/Collection threads

>The best in-depth discussion is always found in the Shelf/Collection threads
Don’t forget the JSA storytimes

I sometimes read the storytimes here, but mainly I'm here for the cartoons

I read Empowered. I'm in it for the cartoons mostly.

My pull list is currently at 48 titles, about 18 of which are non-cape, depending on what you consider cape. That doesn't count things I follow in trades.
What kind of stuff are you interested in? Anything you want to avoid?

I really have no idea. I read a fair amount of literature and mostly watch comedy or childrens cartoons. The only comics I ever read was maus and bones and I liked both

I do read comics, and actually, the only cape series I read is invincible, big 2 series are too complicated, with plots that reach all across the universe and into other books and with tons of history that may or may not matter depending on the writer, so I tend not to fuck with them.

But I DO read comics, I picked up the 3rd trade of Zim and the second of the new Archie the other day. Finished out Chew and Lock and Key hardcovers on my shelf recently.

I'm actually pretty proud of my shelf.

Invincible 2/3 are on loan to a friend currently and I made the mistake of filling out the shelf while they were out.

Also here's a bonus shot of my one piece shelf.

1. Yes
2. Yes. I just bought all of the usagi yojimbo saga hardcovers. I'm probably the only one here that reads Shutter

>Most of this board is about comics
Look at the catalog and tell me that

Only a few of my comics are cape, actually. But then again, us europeans have way more variety of choice than you burgers.

>Occasionally
>More than capes

Comics - especially shitty comics - are a terrible medium. They offer none of the depth of traditional literature, nor the fluidity or audio value of animation, and more often than not suffer from reboots, conflicting writing teams, and the chronological structure that makes it fucking impossible for normies to get into them.
And unlike eastern manga, comics take months of issues to deliver a single story and often suck at pacing.

And yet, half of this Sup Forumsntrarian board still pretend that comics are a medium worth saving, and are for learned individuals and REAL fans.

I meant to say especially capeshit* comics, but it switched to especially shitty comics.

Not too far off.

Kinda? Came here for cartoons but started increasingly reading comics as I picked up more information about them from conversations. I enjoy lurking discussions and keep a lookout for storytimes of comics I've seen get a lot of attention here. Overall I think I have a lot more comic knowledge than the average self-proclaimed nerd, but I suppose that's hardly an accomplishment.

Don't really read anything but capeshit, but I do like to try and expand outside of the big two. Empowered is probably my absolute favorite comic.

yes
sometimes but not nearly as much, just haven't gotten in the mood really but I'll probably cycle there eventually

>America and Japan are the only countries in the world!
>A few shity products mean the entire medium is shit.
Nigga, please.

>Sup Forumsntrarian
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it...

>They offer none of the depth of traditional literature, nor the fluidity or audio value of animation
If this isn't a bait post I feel seriously bad for you because you consider yourself invested in both prose lit and animation but don't even have a sufficient understanding on how an image and prose comic differs essentially from them.

Why would a comic lack depth vs. traditional literature? Why would fluidity always be an advantage? Why even mention audio value? The second half of that sentence is meaningless vs. comics as a medium as opposed to specific comics too.

Like for me personally I read prose heavily and I don't really like animation at all. I love comics as much as I love books, the structure of a comic and how you can experiment with it is so pleasing to me. I find I come across striking images and moments in comics much more than I do in animation.

90% of everything is shit. And because comics are a relatively small medium that shit is more noticable. But there are plenty of great works which make use of the nature of the medium if you look.

I read comics pretty frequently. I'm unable to buy as much as I'd like, so I tend to read more online these days. But when Sup Forums storytimes something I make a lot of purchases that way.

I read mostly noncape stuff, but I'll indulge now and then.

user, you have some great taste in reading material.

I used to be a Marvelfag, but all the events, crossovers, fucking up old characters for political or company-war reasons (X-Men) killed any interest. I occasionally read comics, but I avoid capes like the plague.

I did. Like, really. I feel like I'm the only millenial in here that's read comics for real before capes were the shit. I've been buying my comics since I was in first grade. I tried to find silver age stuff mostly. I liked the old look they had. Marvel's Godzilla was one of my favorite things ever. I'd go to the comic shop, buy some Hulk, Batman, Spider-Man...

Not so much anymore. Comics just aren't the same as they were in, say, 2008 -- specifically Marvel. The universe was just so different in tone that I couldn't really take it anymore. By 2011, I dropped Marvel and remained with DC. Then New 52 happened. At that point, I was just hollowed out. The shops I went to were basically closed, and two new ones came, owned by pretentious assholes: one is an SJW (and no joke I think he is a cuck, the poor man), the other an Alt-Right fag, and they both seem to have "issues". So, as a result of this, I bought some noncape comics online. I tried the Walking Dead; it was good, but felt like it was /made/ for TV (ironically, the TV version sucks in my opinion despite some good actors). I'd buy more things, some neat comics online for a while, then stopped, thinking to my self, "You know, getting a comic book without going to a comic shop makes this feel really impersonal." Consequentially, I stopped buying compendiums or graphic novels from online. The last number of years I've spent have been miserable. The closest things I have to good cape-comics are either from the MCU and it's declining film-quality or the DCEU which, despite one good film, still doesn't satisfy me.

I just turned 18, and all my "nerd friends" have only pretended to read comics. I think I'm one of the few whom read them from the start in my generation unironically.

So yes. I read comics. I read them and enjoyed them so much that I can't put it into words. Now, no. Comics have turned into something toxic, poisonous, and "#cool"

no, i watch cartoons

there used to be a lot more interest in comics back when people storitimed shit
problem is why storytime when there are 8 steven universe or samurai jack or picle rick threads, captcha sucks, the servers suck, you need a Sup Forums pass or else its too much hassle and people either dont nottice or dont say anything or worse yet they derail the threads with shit

Yes.
Yep, currently digging more into 2000ad. Not particularly interested in Dredd, but im loving Nemesis, Rouge Trooper, Shakara and especially Nikolai Dante. Theyre all so fun and refreshing, really regretting that I didnt take the time to look earlier.

yes and yes tho currently only uber

People do still storytime but a lot of traffic these days just seems to be people who want to apply Sup Forums or Sup Forums memes to Sup Forums shit.

Are you reading individual stories or going prog by prog? What got you into it? I think Nikolai Dante is hit-or-miss in terms of arcs but overall great, and Rogue Trooper/Nemesis/Shakara are stand-outs.

Just did. Most of the board is about comics.

Im reading the collections, with occasional Sup Forums and /tg/ threads . I can see Dante isnt the objective best, but im a sucker for loveable rouges getting by on luck and sheer audacity.

I was out of comics for a few years, got back in with Nu52, which I mostly enjoyed (With a few exceptions).
But I mostly read Avatar Press, which has plenty of non-cape stuff.

>but a lot of traffic these days just seems to be people who want to apply Sup Forums or Sup Forums memes to Sup Forums shit.
if you belive this it means you are part of the problem and there is no helping you im sorry

I like ND, I just remember bad arcs alongside the good. It's a huge treat when John Burns is on the art regardless, which he frequently is.

If you're looking for any specific recs, well, you've probably already asked but feel free to ask again.

Those threads fill up way faster than regular comics threads.

eww no, that's for nerds

Where do I read 2000ad? I want specifically read Nemesis.

I fell out with comics a long time ago, and I haven't found a cartoon worth sticking with in years.

I'm mostly here for the shitposting and bait threads.

Please kill yourself for the good of the board.

Shakaranon on /tg/ just did a storytime of the whole thing. Archive searched for mediafire links, should all be here:

desuarchive.org/tg/search/text/mediafire/username/Shakaranon/

I'm kind of in this boat, but I like non-cape comics alot too.

Thanks a lot my man.

>Do you read any comics at all?
Yes
> Do you read any non cape comics at all?
A few.

Yes and yes.

No prob. Nemesis can be pretty inconsistent but as a whole shit's WILD. Hope you enjoy it.