Tropes You Love

>Character tries to hide from T-rex by standing still
>It doesn't work because the writer actually reads books instead of using movies as reference

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4UfYFya0nTo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>when a tv show gets a movie and the animation is ever so slightly smoother.

>Movie series
>Protagonist takes a moment to look over the items he has collected from past adventures

>that scene in comics where the character's inventory is laid out and everything is labeled with descriptions

Dumb frogposter.

>aninated series that seems to not have a continuity
>an episode near the end of the series has a shot showing nicknacks and newspaper clippings referencing previous episodes.

Ugh, I HATE that trope, and anything similar to it. It comes off as some kind of really cheap trick.

>Walls of weapons
>Cases of artifacts
>Other such collections of goodies to look at, often full of Easter eggs

They explained it in the books that it was the frog DNA that cause the visual issue, as frogs hunt by movement. Hell you could attribute all the issues with the dinos of JP as mutations the scientists added to them. (Which would make the frilled spitting dino kind of a prototype of the I-Rex.)

>villain treats incredibly depraved acts, from genocide to planetary annihilation, like a fun hobby
>imitates a character mourning another presumed dead character in a dopey voice while laughing hysterically

Any villain that is a completely irredeemable sack of shit for the sole reason that they find it to be fun is auto-GOAT.

>dog shits on a tranny's cock

>the villain does their own version of the hero's transformation or attack

will also explain why the spino got buffed (t-rex fags still salty about that one?) in the third.

makes even more of a convincing prototype for the I-rex.

Is there any predator where that tactic will work?

I haven't read the books, but it sounds like they made a smart decision by including the frog dna thing just for the sake of having an excuse when inevitable new discoveries about dinosaurs would be made.

not Sup Forums but Hazama/Terumi from Blazblue was one my favorite villains that did exactly this.

Most
It's why most prey animals will freeze if they think they're being watched.

It's just not 100%, which is why prey will run if they think they're still being stalked

This is incorrect, the only predator this works on is frogs.

If you freeze up in the presence of any aggressive animal even half the size of a human it can see you just fine

If they see you.
Moving while camouflaged is counter productive.
Which is why, like I said, prey animals like rabbit or even deer will freeze if they feel being stalked.

It doesn't work in the way that they can't see you it works in that it kind of confuses em. Like why the fuck isn't this food trying to escape, and oh shit its running it must be food. Unless you are in their territory, most carnivores can be stopped by standing your ground and then trying to spook em. They are easily startled. You could prolly scare away 99% of predators by popping open an umbrella, cuz it will trigger literally all of their oh shit instincts.

I find those characters kinda boring unless there's a little subtlety to them. If they're just constantly laughing evilly, cracking jokes about dead people, and doing the "But for me it was Tuesday" thing, then they just come across as a corny Joker ripoff. I like it better when the irredeemable psychopath is mostly stoic or is eerily ordinary.

Read 'em. If for any reason that the sequel book is a completely different story than the sequel movie.

The tyrannosaurus has the best sense of smell recorded even at conservative estimates, if one targeted you you would literally have to find away to instantly move miles away to get it off your track

The eye positioning is consistent with predator birds and indicates better vision than eagles and hawks

In which case you're utterly correct

Name 3 (THREE) examples of this.

>Character is revealed to be the traitor
>Cue montage of character doing traitorous acts in the past
>It really happened in the episode and not just a cop out
>You can actually go back to the episode and see it happen, but it was so subtle that you never took notice of it

>one of (if not the) most heavily built predatory dinosaurs
>agile for it's size
>great eyesight
>great sense of smell
>second most powerful bite force in recorded history (only under megalodon)
>while speed estimates vary wildly the minimum speed is 12 mph (faster than it's prey items)

it was like it evolved to be based

One of the people that the protag talks to or interacts with often is an legendary person from the past.

Being a trope means it happens fairly frequently, non?

>Every appearance of tyrannosaurus in cartoons and anime since 2010

Sup Forums only or everything?

cell mostly
anytime a evil clone appears (black saints)
this

>based
>literally the Mary Sue of dinosaurs

that's only because of shill human fucks that marketed it wrong. T rex was beautiful and deserved so much more.

If you want a better example check his grandson
Chickens defeat every single animal they fight
Check YT and tell me I'm wrong

I dunno if trope but shows that looked like X-Men TAS, Gargoyles, 90's shows like that. What the FUCK happened to that style? It's probably not the best style overall but it's my personal favorite and it pretty much disappearing in the 00's really fucking blows. Some of those DC animated movies have a similar style but even they're not quite there.

It was "realistic" without looking boring, it was colorful and well cartoony without being totally goofy shit.

uh
I also really like well-established big rogues galleries no matter how pattern they get. Actions shows like Korra that only cycle through a couple villains can get really boring.

Also protags going evil/darker, really a sucker for Symbiote Spider-Man type of shit.

>or is eerily ordinary.
Aside from pick related, what are some other villains who do this?

only cause media portrays it that way

>Body swap episode
>Characters don't swap voices

>Comic relief character is actually strong

Any examples of this one?

Sure a fucking white-haired rabbit would be seen immediately in a prairie. But not in a snow bank, as , stated.

You didn't even consider this shit before commenting. Please do.

In the context of the Jurassic Park tyrannosaurus failing to see people in broad daylight?

They're not even real why would that matter?

It's Sup Forums but

DUDE SPOILERS WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU JESUS CHRIST THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE STILL PLAYING PERSONA 3 FOR THE FIRST TIME YOU KNOW GOD DAMN WHY ARE YOU JUST AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

The lobotomized Joker in the Justice Lords episode. I think a few of the Gargoyles villains did this as well; maybe Dracon or one of the Pack.

Mainly it's a Sup Forums trope; some examples would be Henry from Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer or the killer in Citizen X.

Not that I know of, but it'd be really interesting to see it happen one day. Imagine the storm

Geoffrey from Archie Sonic, before the reboot. The best part is his acts of betrayal weren't even written by the guy who made him a traitor. It was just weird, unexplained shit that everone assumed was just Geoffry being an asshole.

Honestly, they are a dime a dozen, but I love flying bricks.

What does this?

>"Ugh"
>caps lock to give emphasis
>strong personal negative feeling for something benign and mundane in children's cartoons
Are you, by any chance, autistic?

>the hero kill all the villians because they deserved it

No one deserves it.

>Hero helps many people along his journey
>They show up again to help him in his final battle/darkest hour

Funny how it's about as fast as olympic runners, though I'm sure it could endure greater distances considering it's possible long range sense of smell and sight.

Can't think of a lot of Sup Forums examples unfortunately, but I'm sure there must be plenty given all the evil counterparts to heroes.
>The Sinestro Corps lantern oaths
>Big O's Big Duo (I think?)
>Panty and Stocking's Scanty and Kneesocks transformation
>A few different moments in TTGL, notably the anti-spiral's final form
>Satsuki and Ragyo's transformations in Killa la Kill
>The ninetailed fox's brush attacks in Okami
>Terumi activating the Blazblue engine
>iirc in the live action Sherlock Holmes, Moriarty did the same pre-analysis of a fight that Holmes did

I hate this one, too cheesy for me.
In life, you help people because it's the right thing to do, and they just go on with their lives. They don't miraculously appear at your lowest points. But to each their own.

>THUMBS DOWN
it's so good

You're probably a FUCKING FEATHERIST aren't you? I don't need any fucking LGBT tokenism in my prehistoric lizards. The T-rex didn't wear no red man headress.

It was at night and raining quite heavily, which could also help explain why it had trouble finding them by smell.

Am I the only one who think dinosaurs with feathers look dumb as fuck?

>Really dumb character, usually the comic relief
>Mostly used for saying funny dumb things or doing something dumb for comedic effect
>Out of nowhere, Says something profound, smart, or well thought out

Dr. Wu in Jurassic World even states outright that the Dinosaurs were designed to mimic audience perception rather than their natural states. And probably to work around the health issues that Malcom mentioned in the books about Dinos not being adapted to live in modern day Earth.

Not Sup Forums but Attack on titan did this well

The best example is it Showning Bert about to bite himself when he thought he was going to get eaten

Not in 3
Read a fucking book written after 1980

>tyrannosaurus with feathers meme
when will featherfags fuck off?

I still love how people missed this very direct scene and continued to complain about lack of feathers in the JP series

When you have more than an inch or two of skin to prove that scales were anything more than a baseless assumption because the bones sorta kinda looked like dragons

Get off my board you fuckin scalie

>Read a fucking book written after 1980

Like this one?

I'm not saying whether they are scientifically accurate or not. Just that they look dumb.

Calvin & Hobbes didn't have feathered dinos either, because they look dumb.

That actually looks really fucking stupid.
Do you think birds and lions look stupid?

He said it in the first book too. Wu tries to get Hammond to let him make the dinosaurs have slower metabolisms so they are less dangerous, but Hammond whines that then the dinosaurs wouldn't be "real". Wu tries to point out that they're not real now with their frog dna but Hammond brushes him off.

Lions weren't covered in feathers...

>that wound over the eye

think this is the first ever dinosaur book I've ever seen try to be edgy

I'm imagining aliens finding remains of our planet millions of years from now and arguing with each other about what our species looked like

Some of them saying things like "mammals with hair look stupid"

Dinosaur feathers are more like fur

Except for on raptors you JP fags can go cry they were practically chickens

>Tyranitar.jpg
Aside from the fact that Tyranitar is a FUCKING AWESOME name, it always bothered me that he was more of a godzilla expy than a T-rex.

Dinosaurs didn't get their food from Walmart, they had to fight tooth and nail for every scrap. It makes perfect sense for a dinosaur to have wounds, as much as it makes sense for any other animal that is a predator, or has its predators.

They still looked stupid.

>Dinosaurs didn't get their food from Walmart
Prove it.

>Characters' love for each-other is painfully obvious for everyone else but themselves
>Heroes discover a new piece of tech or knowledge to Deus Ex their way out of an episode's dire situation, but then that piece of tech becomes a common part of their arsenal and is used later on in the show instead of being immediately forgotten or destroyed
>Occasional sidecharacters have lives of their own that organically evolve off-screen between their on-screen appearances
>All of the MC's allies unite for the final battle against the enemy forces
>Hero saves an entire race or a planet and his deeds become legends to these people

>Fleebnarp you fucking idiot, mammals were gelatinous.
>Zep damn it Quardon, the bones are right fucking there!
>What about the bone jellies of our homeworld? Besides, mammals would look stupid with solid skin.
>These bones are different you fucking dunce!

No Walmart fossil records were ever found, let alone ones dating back 65+ million years.

I'm not sure what's worse, the people who think everything from JP is real or the people who think everything from ARK is real

Source: your ass

I know they got wounds, but the line over the eye looks exactly like a scar an edgy protag or villain would have

>Wolves look stupid they should be lizards
You in the future

Its already gotten to the point that that is not enough to make a full body of scales even remotely plausible

The only people pushing this are JP fans and sensational news writers

>Hero and Villain team up
It's so simple. But whenever the two have been enemies forEVER it's pretty cool to see them on the same team

Its just as good the other way

>Over half the people there have been Goku's enemies and wanted to kill him before
>If you also count Krillin when he was a rival for a short while, then literally only 2 people there did not dislike Goku from the first moment they met him.

>cast has gotten used to the craziness that the hero explaining what he needs to do exactly is met with an "OK" while those not in the know are like "are you on drugs?"

So is this thread just a dinosaur argument?

*cough* Hisako Ichiki *cough*

>trope thread
>People post something other than the same thing they post in every goddamn trope thread

>chirping intensifies

>Implying off-topic dinosaur shit is better than simple reposts

>Two dudes team up against bad guy
>One takes the lead, the other's doing whatever
>The first rushes the bad guy, tanks an attack, producing a large cloud of smoke
>Second dude comes OUT OF THE SMOKE, using it for a surprise attack

I think I just want to gush about the Digimon movie, but damn those fights scenes are great
>youtube.com/watch?v=4UfYFya0nTo