We all agree that Vlad Tepes did nothing wrong!

We all agree that Vlad Tepes did nothing wrong!

He was right that evil triumps when good men do nothing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/B7Z-eUmR2bM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I read Dracula recently and was surprised to learn that the Castlevania design for him is 100% accurate.

I thought it was just dumb anime bullshit but he's explicitly described as being a weirdo with a long hair, a big moustache, pointy ears and gross long fingernails.

Of course he is, he just a monsterfied version of pic related

Isn't his name Gabriel?

Mathias Cronqvist

>vlad the implier

I wanna know how did Alucard grow up so fast

I did overreact a bit.

I don't understand why Anime and Manga get Dracula and the Vampire mythos right when they don't have any mythological analogue for Vampires.

The Vampire is as alien and novel to the Japanese as Christianity.

Yet, Japan gave us Castlevania, Vampire Hunter D, and Hellsing.

Pic is reference

No, Dracula did plenty wrong. But the show makes us feel sympathy for him because of why he chose to unleash an army of Hell's henchmen upon Wallachia. If he had unleashed Hell upon humanity for no rhyme or reason, we would see him as nothing less than a bastard. Doing it for revenge still makes him a bastard, but it also makes him a far more sympathetic bastard.

>D

"Bloodlust" might have been light on story, but FUCK, was it a beautiful film. I need to pick up that Blu-ray someday.

Only in Lords of Shadow.

Drac is still a douche no matter, it just gives him a reason to justify his bs.

I wonder if he bit her down the road

There have also been hundreds a vampire girls in harem shits. Though Rosario Vampire and Princess Resurrection are good manga that for some reason are shit anime.

Actually, the year that Lisa arrived at Dracula's castle was '55 and she died in '75. It's in the first episode.

How do you think she got pregnant

>tfw no vlad to impale Moslems
I miss him

I would assume Vlad impaled her with Li'l Dracula.

>Implying

>How did a vampire half breed grow up too look like a twenty something year old in about twenty years?

Just bullshit vampire genes

Alucqrd proved there at much down there so Drac bites Lisa to inject his DNA. Vampires are already an allegory for sex and rape, why not just make it more literal

Dark Horse has been publishing the original prose novels by character creator Hideyuki Kikuchi. They are pretty good. Way more science fiction and horror elements.

D's creator originally envisioned D looking like Phil Collins in his music video for Don't Lose My Number.
youtu.be/B7Z-eUmR2bM

Hideyuki Kikuchi watched the old Universal Monster films and Hammer films in a dime theater as a small child growing up.

I don't think he did, I think drac's wife just had anime non-aging-mom syndrome. Adrien could easily be like 18-25 or something, it seemed like drac and his wife had spent quite a long time together before she got burned.

>draculas got workign light bulbs and electricity
>Alucards little coffin looks like something off a fucking space ship in the future

>meanwhile everyone else is still using candles and torches and shit

>using the devil's magic

He seemed like a pretty cool bro in the beginning. Like if you just wandered in and told him you wanted to learn shit he would have let you stay and asked if youd like something to drink.

Weird

Assuming you had big tits.

>le church burned my waifu!
The original fedora tipper.

>4 episodes
>20min each
>just over an hour

>wow, so that was season 1 huh, whens season 2 coming out?

>2018

Everybody knows that suking vapire's blood everyday helps to remain young.

How the fuck did Lisa still look 20 before she died
Magic?

Warren Ellis confirmed the second season will have eight episodes. He is currently writing them.

Both he and Netflix didn't anticipate this series going over as well as it did.

Modern technology has made it so people who are in their 70s look as young and healthy as people in their early 50s.

Good hygiene and a balanced nutritional diet does wonders to make people look young and healthy at older ages.

Vampires do the SCIENCE. You figure it out.

He was not a "pretty cool bro". He had people impaled on pikes outside of Castlevania. The only reason Lisa lived beyond her introduction was because she was a defenseless woman who showed no fear in the face of an otherwise merciless murderer. Any man could have tried wha Lisa did -- and he likely would have died. A woman who tried what Lisa but showed fear would have died as well. She gave no fucks and got at least one in return.

WITCHCRAFT I TELL YOU

"Season 1" has to be just the pilot episodes. I remember hearing that cartoons usually get three to four episodes as a test. If the show doesn't get picked up they tend to get mashed together and get released as a movie.

> Both he and Netflix didn't anticipate this series going over as well as it did.

It's like if you do something new and well, people will respond favorably to it.

They might have anticipated a good reaction, but certainly not one to the extent that Castlevania actually received.

Besides, Ellis already had plans for this shit. He's been waiting a decade to get his Castlevania stories made. His original plan was for a trilogy of movies; arguably, the first season of the show is Movie 1.

I know, he's been talking about his Castlevania project for the past five years. I subscribed to his Orbital Operations Newletter, so he's been keeping fans updated.

They have a non loan word for it

>cartoons usually get three to four episodes as a test

LOLno. Whatever idiot told you that is a liar. No studio is going to pay for three to four episodes of a show it does not plan to pick up.

>He had people impaled on pikes outside of Castlevania.

He only had impaled people outside because they kept trying to harass and kill him all the time. If they would stop sending angry mobs to his house with pitchforks and torches they wouldnt end up on spikes on his front lawn.

If a local village befriended him they probably would have gotten along great.

But now that his waifus dead theres no going back.

>If they would stop sending angry mobs to his house with pitchforks and torches they wouldnt end up on spikes on his front lawn.

HE IS A GODDAMN VAMPIRE. HE DRINKS HUMAN BLOOD FOR DINNER.

Shit, Lisa was lucky enough to impress the bastard into letting her live.

>when they don't have any mythological analogue for Vampires.
1. They got one from China. Though it's obviously not the template.
2. Who cares? They can read books and watch movies, that's all the reference needed.

There's also a comic based on an unpublished short story. First issue is pretty cool, unfortunately #2 got delayed until the fall.

>post yfw he turns into the disembodied conjoined heads and bird person during the final battle

What is a man?

Do also keep in mind that he literally gains his powers from the Anti-God. Ol' Drac is evil as all sin.

A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS

A miserable little pile of buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllshiiiiit!

Why was Alucard wearing a thong?

He's just wearing a pair of belts.

Well how the fuck else is he supposed to wear tight ass pants without getting pantylines?

Why is he wearing two belts? Is each belt supposed to represent a time Dracula was disappointed with him? He's going to need more than two belts then.

>Legend has it that Dracula will be defeated by a vampire hunter and scholar
So this guy was reading up on how to kill his dad?

When your Dad is hellbent on killing everyone else and locks you in a coffin, you read a lot.

Yes.
Alucard wants Dracula dead even more than humanity does

>go back whence you came, trouble the soul of my mother no more!

It's a sword belt. He puts the scabbard in it after the fight.

He wears his actual pants belt stylishly askew as well for ~muh aesthetic symmetry~

woah, i wonder if my friend knows about this. He loves the books.

can't really blame him either, it's a really cool setting.

Because Japan LOVES To copy the fuck out of shit that impresses them. Nintendo copied the atari 2600. Mitsubishi copied Benz, right down to the 3 pointed logo. Hideki Tojo tried to copy the Brittish Armada and Empire.

well, they just kinda know cool things when they see them.

like guns...the took one look at guns and were like "okay yeah.."jesus is lord" whatever......JUST GIMMIE THE FREAKIN GUNS"

Nobunaga was a cool guy with cool tastes

Consider my interest piqued in this adaptation!

The world of Vampire Hunter D is amazing.

I thought it was hilarious that Vlad and his wife went from being enlightened people of science to Dracula summoning a demon army. Can't wait to hear the science behind that.

Pennangalan are the best kind of foreign vampire

>ywn get so mad you abandon science and summon a demon army from hell

I wish the Church had found that Drac's wife was doing autopsies or something else that a relatively primitive person would find horrifying and objectionable instead of "obscenely thin glass work."

Nah, it's kind of funny this way.
>Washing your crusty asses every once in a while can help prevent illness.
>WITCHCRAFT!

I have 2 gripes with the series
1. They made the church way too evil
2. Making Dracula sympathetic

It's really only that one bishop, and he got eaten. The rest is just your standard "people being afraid of what they don't understand"

Drac's backstory was from symphony of the night. The church was too evil though. They did show one good priest, but the church is usually helping the Belmonts.

Exactly! For christ sake the whip is blessed!
Love SOTN favorite entry, but this is about Trevor Belmont (CV3).

But autopsy and dissection was a Church approved study.

They mixed SOTN in there for sure, just look at Alucard's design. I think they're just picking and choosing bits to make the whole "catlevania lore" more coherent, even if they're technically adapting CV3.

Sotn and cv3 are both part of the original castlevania timeline, they are meant to connect.

But that's like the FF7 remake giving cloud his advent children outfit along with Zack missions

Heck in the games they gave him a reason with Symphony, so if anything they just applied that reason early in the story.

He seemed to have killed a lot of people before choosing to be a hermit. Also Trevor implied that some Belmont's in the past had run ins with him.

Nothing wrong?
Thanks to him there's fucking Romanians now!
Fuck his bones!

Dunno what to tell you. They decided to go with SOTN bishounen style Alucard instead of the bela lugosi mofo from CV3.

Certainly made the trevor/alucard fight more interesting

He also got that impressive as fuck clocktower.

The scene in the church was great, that demon showed the bishop how better a christian he was

>"I love ze Steam punk Bleh!
>"Alucard did you remember to light ze candles?!"
>"Velcome to Hotel trans- I mean my castle bleh!"
Me and my friend added this kind of if comedy over the 4 episodes and had a good time

That's Castlevania 3 though. I wonder if now they'll make others.

Yeah he's a bit more than your average vampire. Hence all that flames out of the cape stuff.

He also likes his women blonde, coincidence?

iirc, castlevania 3 is the second story in the timeline, with only Lament of Innocence coming before it.

Wow, what a nice family.

Same with Drac's look being basically his SOTN look sans white hair, which he'll most likely get after some ressurections.

Yeah, there used to be Legends where you play as Trevor's mom. But IGA took that out of his timeline because he didn't like the idea of Trevor being Alucard's son.

The first time Drac lost his wife he got so pissed he decided to make himself into Satan and punish the world forever.

He's a man of high passions.

Because they didn't get bored with Dracula clones ca 1950.
The vampire as a powerful being has to them not been undermined by dozens of movies that tried to limit his threat or romanticise him because Western practical mindsets cannot deal with a monster that would not use its entire potential all the time.
So the author seeks to weaken or hamper the vampire so it can be defeated.
On the other hand, Japanese stuff tends towards the theatric, towards odd dream logic. So the all-powerful vampire sitting pretty in his castle or talking to people is not so odd.
They also tend to experiment a lot with structure, which leads to very appealing beginnings and atrocious ends when their arcs fall apart after some time. But it also gives you freedom to have a character who is neither protagonist nor antagonist but the focus of events, like Alucard.
Less well-meaning voices might claim half the mangaka have no idea what they are doing at all because they are not supported by an academic system of best practice and proven methodology, but an overblown cottage industry of shut-in weirdos who self-taught by copying shit they saw.

>currently writing them
You sure? If that's true then there's no way we're seeing season two in 2018. Animation takes a long, long time to produce.

>We all agree that Vlad Tepes did nothing wrong!

he overreacted

fuck the church? yeah. government? go for it. anything that lives and breaths that ain't from hell? bit far

The church didn't approve of anything that might be mystical( or in this case advanced science).

Interdimensional portal? The Church was right and Dracula only has modern scientific knowledge from dealing with demons?

Who know?

That may be true but I think they were probably even more disapproving of the fact that dracula was a literal bloodsucking hellspawn