Do you think they will usher in a new era of 2D animated feature films?

Do you think they will usher in a new era of 2D animated feature films?

Well, ponies are going to be 2D and Hanazuki will propably be 2D as well. If ponies end up being successfull, they have a high chance

Maybe, if they could stop making their action figures look like shit

It's mind boggling how Hasbro's entire company is based around selling mediocre toys. Maybe they wouldn't need to do all this extra shit if they tried to sell products that didn't suck?

Hanazuki's getting a movie?

they were doing so well for a bit. Its like the autistic backlash against increasing the articulation of Joe figures (which did increase the height slightly. Corrupted the rest of the company to think going back to four point articulation is a good thing.

Exactly, what stings even worse is that before IM3(a movie as shitty as their modern toys), they used to be the best company for action figures. Now all they sell is this poorly sculpted unarticulated shit like this

Hasbro is the best toy company ever. F#ck Mattel!

Remind me, how big are these toy companies that sell products that don't suck?

Oh, they're tiny niche companies that are barely afloat?

While Hasbro sells merchandise in billions of dollars, and has many millions in profit?

I'm sure they'll take your business strategy into account.

>i thought those were bootleg

>constantly complains about lowering margins
>"b-but our products are quality"
Yeah right. Hasbro deserves to burn

>multiple billions of dollars worth of sales
>profits are only in the millions
Clearly they're doing something wrong.

v=lE50gSuFqDU
What do you think of the animation?

Nah its the Dollar Store level of shit they put out.

Well Mattel does it partly through legislation they get pushed through government that punishes competition and excludes them from heavier restrictions.

So yea if only because they are sleaze that would and has sold out to scalpers whenever possible.

Damn I miss the ToyBiz era and Palisades for Muppet stuff. Their playsets were on fucking point. Still have a Swedish Chef Kitchen in Box.

>It's mind boggling how Hasbro's entire company is based around selling mediocre toys. Maybe they wouldn't need to do all this extra shit if they tried to sell products that didn't suck?

Kids don't buy toys anymore, and super young kids do not care about quality. Kids play video games now

When I was a kid it wasn't abnormal for nerdier kids to still be heavily into action figures at like 15, these days it's different since kids have other forms of entertainment, so toy companies don't have to try as hard in the actual physical toy department

I'm not watching it unless you post the whole link so it's embedded.

If you sell a $2 piece of plastic for $50 you don't make $48 profit. You gotta take into account the entire production and distribution chain and sales department.

I'm not saying Hasbro can't improve productivity - they certainly have lots of inefficiencies - but the price/quality tradeoffs of their figurines aren't one. I don't have any data, but I'd wager shitty cheap toys sell better than good expensive toys, because parents buy the cheapest shit off the rack for their kids so they shut up.

I'll save you the trouble: it's some VERY EXPENSIVE animation that was probably done without an animation director, or worse, they took the hack animation directors from the show for the job.

There's a point where throwing more money at the animation doesn't make it better, you need actual artists with talent.

That song clip is filled with frame-by-frame animation that's wasted because everything moves as if it's wading in mud.

That was actually pretty cute. Certainly not golden era Disney, but that shit's never coming back.

If an original 2D animated (hand-drawn or otherwise) movie became a hit it might mean something, but otherwise any success will be attributed to the IP.

It's shit, like anything that comes from Barney.

Isn't it a bit early to be awake, barneyboi?