HYPER CHARGING STAR

HYPER CHARGING STAR

General MvC thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/18/report-yet-another-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-leak-indicates-rost/
eventhubs.com/news/2017/jun/24/if-you-were-actually-think-about-it-these-characters-are-just-functions-capcom-talks-about-representing-character-playstyles-mvci/
youtu.be/2t8J1KXhUXc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Infinite? More like Infrastructure.

Rather, LACKING in Infrastructure.

BROOODIAAAAAAAA

I hope Richard Grieco comes back for the voice of Ghost Rider in Infinite. I like his calm voice more than a cliche demonic voice.

damn i loved the 2d sprite work.

i gave 3 a shot and i dug the roster but i didn't love playing it like all the others. not bothering with infinite.

I am...In my Sunday Vest!!!! Proton Canon!

There was an user who pointed me in the direction of an actual MvC1 rom that actually worked who wanted to try some matches. Want to play me in Fightcade?

>they're never going back to sprites

Fuck.

I really hope that Cap isn't mediocre like he is in every previous entry this time.

We are Venom.

Infinite is looking playable with a mediocre roster. They need some fan-favorites who were missing from 3, like Venom, and some really out there picks, like Death's Head.

Venom is already confirmed but no one seems to know for sure if he's in the base roster or if he's DLC.

I do agree that it looks pretty damn good from a gameplay standpoint though.

EEERUUUUUUUGGHHH
LIKE THAT
LIKE THAT

Nice to see we still sneak fighting threads.

>Venom is already confirmed
Source? I thought they already released the full roster.

Who the fuck cares about Venom? You really just want to see his function that we can give to anyone.

comicbook.com/gaming/2017/06/18/report-yet-another-marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-leak-indicates-rost/

TORUNADO HORUDO!
EI!
EI!
EI!
TORUNADO HORUDO!
CHOWE!(???)

MVCI's roster is disappointing in general, but the return of Venom makes me feel better.

Still, what made them think this was acceptable after 2 and 3's massive rosters is beyond me.

Supposedly, there's going to be a lot of DLC and the final roster is going to be much bigger. I've also heard rumors that the X-Men and FF characters might be DLC as well. Not saying you should get hopeful but it's what I've heard. Also, still DLC, so.

Just pick up the Super Turbo Hyper Ultimate Edition or whatever.

No need to spend money buying the original game or each overpriced DLC character. I'm gonna wait until they put out All-New All-Different Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Deluxe instead.

LET'S GO BUB

Man, Venom was my favorite in MvC1. This should be so awesome.

So why can't I give a shit?

>So why can't I give a shit?
Modern Capcom?

Probably. How many DLC characters do they have planned, anyway?

They said they were going to support it for a long time, supposedly.

I still have my manual, case, and disc to MvC1 for Playstation.

Probably not worth anything and it's not a game I got particularly good at but I have fond memories of it.

Still works too.

Fuck.

Which home port of MVC was the best?

Arguably the dreamcast version.
That's the one I remember playing briefly and it blew my socks off.

Dreamcast. Unless that PSN/XBLA port is still up.

Looks slow and stupid to me.

Nah origins has been delisted for a while. Same thing happened to the jojo hd port.

INFERNO

Reminder that Cap lost his Stars & Stripes super

Ghost Rider vs Sailor V? Hoo boy...

Imagine you were put in charge of salvaging MvCi and given an extra 8 months (with comparable budget).

How would you fix it?

The only way they'll go back to sprites is if a VS game is made for a system like the 3DS/2DS, or if it's done by Arc System Works.

The latter I'm totally down for.

Fix Jedah. Get rid of the unnecessary costume redesign and make his blood red.

NO DLC.

Everything is already on the disc. Remember when games were like that? When all you had to do was complete some achievement to unlock stuff?

It still amazes me on how Capcom caught and animated Marvel so well back in the CPS2 days.
Each character really did feel on how they would fight in comics and such.

I'm waiting for them to do that with Street Fighter V as well, since I'm not about to buy the game after all this time and try to earn enough points to unlock everything when I actually have a life or buy everything like they want people to.

They can get away with it because they're making money hand over fist from suckers who bought Shit Flinger V are don't have the time to put into getting enough points in-game to unlock everything. MvC:I is designed from ground-up for the foolish casual audience whose money are soon parted from them.

I'd give the game a much better presentation, comic book-inspired like MvC1 and 3. Replace the announcer with a female one like the ones in 1 and 3 or a new male announcer with a female one. Improve the graphics and animations so that it doesn't look like shit. Improve the character models. Force a new soundtrack that harkened back to the sound of MvC1 with character themes that aren't just generic orchestral bullshit. Include all the DLC characters that would normally go on sale up to that point in the base game.

Boom, we now have a genuinely good game on our hands.

ALLEGEDLY they'll release 12 characters over the next 24 months after release.

Capcom's sprite style was heavily influenced by western comics and animation of the 90s, so it was a pretty natural fit.

>They can get away with it because they're making money hand over fist from suckers who bought Shit Flinger V are don't have the time to put into getting enough points in-game to unlock everything.
The stupid thing is, no one complained about Fight Money by itself. People complained about how much of a fucking grind it was to get everything. But Capcom chose to ignore the first thing and get rid of it entirely as an excuse to sell more DLC without the option of getting that shit for free.

Forgot one last thing: include a Fight Money system so that players could get every character, costume, or stage for free if they earned enough money and I'd make the economy more fair than SFV.

Fuck, that means two years before they make an ultimate version. So two years before I can play the damn thing.

>Best boy Kl'rt is gone because of Marvel's anti Fantastic Four fuckery
>Second best boy Doom is also gone for the same reason
>Chun-Li returned, but looks like she has Down's syndrome
Well my UMvC3 mains sure got fucked over.

In other words, something like out of Capcom vs SNK 2 (but with every character looking awesome and not mish-mashed) or Marvel vs Capcom 2 (but without the cut animation frames from past titles)...?

Iron man's smart bomb Cannon is still my most favorite sequence

>In other words, something like out of Capcom vs SNK 2 (but with every character looking awesome and not mish-mashed) or Marvel vs Capcom 2 (but without the cut animation frames from past titles)...?
Pretty much, I guess.

At least we have X-Men: Children of the Atom -> Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

I don't want to say everything was better with sprites, the returning characters from CPS2 days still felt like themselves in MVC3.
But the newcomers didn't have that same magic to them, honestly the only ones that felt like themselves was MODOK and Ghostrider. Everyone else felt like some weird MUGEN brawler which was a shame too since I was hyped for Thor.

I fucking loved She-Hulk and Taskmaster.

Super Skrull was also too damn fun to play with.

WE ARE VENOM

Venom's animations gave me so many boners.

>play UMvC3 arcade mode
>beat it first try
>play MvC2 arcade mode
>by Round 5 all the AI perfectly blocks every single one of your attacks
>eventually lose due to Time Over

>all that effort for a bad joke
Infinite? More like definitely shit.

> caring about arcade

you know these games are meant to be played with other people right

MvC2 is likely the reason I'm so fond of Venom.

All DLC characters are included in the base game, and new ones are added for free.

I was playing it at home, and I don't have everyone unlocked yet. Unless there's a cheat code to unlock everyone off the bat I'm going to keep playing arcade mode. There is an arcade cabinet version at my work but nobody else fucking plays it, not even the customers.

>Nobody plays it

Niggers.

I live in the southern US and I only see people playing it once every blue moon.

My boy Doom is out but my boy Thanos is back in . I don't know how to feel about this.

Doom bros WW@?

Fuck the MCU pandering, fuck the fighting game 'community', just give it a big roster and go back to 3v3 for the sake of fun. All characters have at least one alternate outfit/appearance you can use.

And like others said, no DLC. You can unlock everyone by doing stuff in-game.

UMVC made me so sick of this character.

>They cut characters with my functions
>The new functions don't even include replacements for mine

>functions
Can someone explain this meme to me?

eventhubs.com/news/2017/jun/24/if-you-were-actually-think-about-it-these-characters-are-just-functions-capcom-talks-about-representing-character-playstyles-mvci/

>"If you were to actually think about it, these characters are just functions. They're just doing things"

In an interview with a some guy who was working with Capcom on the game, he said that "If you think about it the characters are just functions. People like Magneto because he has an 8-way air dash, and now Nova can do that." Something along those lines. But that's how the meme started.

I actually think the swap system is interesting and can be really exciting. It's just that everything else about the game is a train wreck. The ugly character models, the shitty story, the ugly UI, and dlc out the ass. It may be a fine system, but it sucks as a product.

Do I fRiGhTeN yOu ¿
youtu.be/2t8J1KXhUXc

Obligatory ArcSys post about DBFZ and BBCB

Got it, thanks.

im still extremely salty at capcom for this bullshit

Take the Symbiotepill, laddies. There's still time.

FighterZ isn't coming out for months and BlazBlue has all but been made redundant by Xrd. Funny how diverse the anime scene used to look before it came out.

I dunno, I'm pretty hype for Cross Tag Battle

>FOO-FOOT DIVE
>Relaunches you twice in a combo and builds bar for Level 3
>Sets up hidden missiles on incoming character

>MorriDoom player
>Wiles fail to work as expected.
>chain through Soru Fistos
>tags out
>wipe out other characters
>Succubitch comes back
>X-factor > Penance Stare
>NOT SO AMUSING NOW, IS IT?

Remove the Gem System. Whoever is the fucklehead that keeps trying to push that shit needs to be taken out back and shot. Also give Jedah his blood back.

notmuhfunctions

>it's another "you're winning too much so the AI stomps your shit in" episode

To be fair, he wasn't entirely wrong. But it was pretty stupid to actually say that in a crossover fighting game where fan service is a huge part of the appeal.

CMON

COME ON

HYPER COMBO FINISH!

Because most Capcom artists who created all those moves moved to Arika, Dimps and Platinum. Most Mahvel series went to Arika.

Good thing I bought those and MvC2 before they got taken out of PSN\XBL.

Man, I fucking love Thor in MvC3. My team was the freaking Avengers and playing online was a blast in vanilla MvC3. By Ultimate, Vergil players were everywhere and it became a nightmare to play this fucking game. The HD port for Xbox One and PS4 is good, and I've yet to fight anyone who uses Vergil. It's mostly Doom now.

Dlc is gonna happen whether you want it or not

the FGC is literally the only reason 3 even exists

>It's a retards actually play single player in fighting games episode

Even Arcsys is moving away from sprites into 3D.5 stuff. Sprites are really expensive.

Vergilfags were cancerous shitbags. I understand that people can still have fun of the game outside of dealing with broken ass characters, especially since 2, but this was the first instance I actually dropped a game in the series because I simply didn't want to deal with its bullshit anymore.

Still fun with friends though, but that could be applied to nearly anything.

I started playing UMvC3 recently and good god I"m bad at it.
I feel like I don't understand the basic mechanics yet. All of my opponents feel really fast and maneuverable while I'm struggling to keep up.

Imagine being so shit at a game you drop it instead of getting good

>clear tier differences between the characters I like using and the characters that a bunch of faggots abuse because of their extensive utility versus my characters with a relatively limited toolset to counter their advantages

Nah, fuck you.