What is Sup Forums's opinion on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends...

What is Sup Forums's opinion on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends? I remember liking it very much as a child and think about downloading and rewatching it to see if the magic is still there.

Other urls found in this thread:

fosters-home.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sup Forums's main point of contention seems to be Bloo, and I won't deny the writers turned him into a huge dick,
so maybe use him as a meter. Once you find him unlikable, stop watching - he won't get any better.

Honestly, there are some genuinely rage-inducing episodes.

> Bendy
> Big Cheese
> Cheese a Go Go
> Duchess of Wails
> Fosters Goes to Europe
> Imposter's
> Little Peas
> Surpise for You

But the good ones make up for the bad ones by a lot, especially the movies. and the art direction is honestly one of my favorites of any CN show.

The show's a solid 3/5 for me. When it's bad it's god awful but when it's good it's wonderful.

It's a decent enough show.

Let's be honest. Most of us are only here for Frankie.

Delicious /ss/...

It's really, really fucking terrible. And it didn't even come out in the modern shitty era of cartoons, which makes that fact simply inexcusable.

Go back to bed dave.

Which is retarded because she's pretty fucking ugly. It reeks of incel desperation.

It was pretty boring, and full of unlikable characters.

Most will tell you "hwe watch for Frankie!!1" but in reality she was pretty boring as well. Grey Delisle literally just talking in her default voice into a mic.

The only people who dislike this show are retarded enterbots who think "muh mean-spirited characters" is actually a legitimate complaint. Bloo was an asshole it was part of his character, it was funny.

Bendy was the only 'bad' episode and that was only because people who didn't deserve punishment got punished which naturally goes against most people's sense of justice making an unpleasant experience, but this is something that doesn't happen in the rest of the series and is the worst possible example to use because it's not indicative of the series as a whole.

>>Big Cheese
I don't understand why people dislike this episode. It wasn't even Cheese's fault that they got locked out. Cheese wasn't ill intentioned. Everything that happened was harmless, there was a lot of good gags in the episode and the side story to it was good as well.

>>Cheese a go go
What is even the complaint here?

>>Duchess of Wails
aside from the ending which wasn't that bad this was a really good episode.

>>The rest
These are decent if not great episodes what the fuck is this list? Of any episodes you could choose you pick Little Pea? One of the best in the show?

Started out pretty damn good, then it went downhill almost immediately.
I don't know about most anons, but I blame Lauren Faust for this.

Always wondered why Max is putting up with Bloo's shit.

>unlikable

Imho I've seen worse (read: CatDog's cast)

>Cheese a Go Go

Honestly I hate it just because it was part of some stupid CN alien event and they really ramped up Cheeses character.

> Big Cheese / Little Peas

Main thing I hated about Big Cheese was that Herriman was a complete idiot the whole time, and Little Peas took away Frankie's achievement by having some literal who give her the idea to salvage the news piece.

> Duchess

I was just annoyed by the fact that the housemates still trusted Terrence at all after what he did in the pilot episode. He really should've been Duchess' servant at the end, it would've saved it.

> Europe / Surprise

Eurotrish is legitimately great, that's about it. Both episodes were just huge kicks in the balls for Mac, he didnt do anything to deserve that treatment.

> imposters

Honestly I don't hate Goofball. The hate for him is overblown, his Canada jokes are funny. Again Herriman was just being an unreasonable dick.

This. No wonder Wander of Yonder got cancelled. Disney realized their mistake.

This thread is just gonna turn into Frankieposting isn't it.

Do it

Bloo was good in the movie, but because they didn't want to have any development of the characters in the show he just evolved into an obnoxious asshole who never learned his lesson and it was almost like Mac was going back for his other friends there more than him.

The show was good besides that.

Here. Have Mac's mother instead.

...John?

Really miss the show. Have fond memories of it.

>and full of unlikable characters

Jesus Christ. You sure are one weird judge of character.

To be fair, in most cases Mac acted as Bloo's direct enabler - and usually in case of worst of their hijinks.

That and imaginary friends seem to have personalities based on their creator's subconscious. Look at Ed and Nina or Wilt and Jordan.

Mac isn't as straight -laced as he lets on.

Believe me, not every FHFIFfag is a Frankiefag.
I remember those times when the show itself was far from being concluded. Back then Frankiefags were plentiful, but not exactly the main driving force behind audience. If anything, these fantards were the closest FHFIF had to cancer, as they would chimp out whenever writers put their beloved waifu into predicament. Lauren Faust herself was harassed just because she dared to write "Imposters" where Frankie had to put up with all kinds of shit to try and prove that a troublesome imaginary friend is just a guy with clown's nose.

I'd rather have Mac.

how's the weather up there

#TallLivesMatter, you heightist.

Don't forget the episode he was in detention for shooting spitballs.

Mac created Bloo as an outlet for a rebellious side against his terrible brother and absent mom, but now that he's around more positive people he starts to mellow out but Bloo still has to act out and rebel- it's his purpose as an imaginary friend

>he was old enough to be posting on Sup Forums when FHFIF was airing

Nope, that was TV .com.
At that time I didn't even know what memes were.

It's hot...in Topeka

how long until we have the inevitable "what if you imagine a big titted anime girl to fuck" conversation that happens in every single fosters thread

Anybody has that pic where Mac is an older girl, and Frankie is the boy of the /ss/ pair?

Wilt was in the right about this.
Manlets should know their place, yet they still never learn.

It so so. When it's good it's good. Love the episode where they are in the attic the one at the mall the baseball card one. I always adored the one where bloo is stuck in the knotting store that was so relatable as a child.

All the movies are excellent.

>35 posts
>still no lewd Frankies

Come on, lets just cut the bs

I risk getting a vacation from Sup Forums for this, ya know.

I remember the episode where Mac and Bloo got lost in the house was really good.

She one of the main reasons I used to watch the show.

not him but I remember some forum I used to post on where there was one guy who was a gigantic waifufag for frankie. Like, "unironically writing her love letters" tier. Didn't even know what a waifu was at the time since I was barely pushing 13 but I wouldn't be surprised if he had a body pillow of her too.

>some forum I used to post on where there was one guy who was a gigantic waifufag for frankie

Was it "Never Forgotten", by any chance?
fosters-home.com/
It is all but frozen in time, but gives a good hint as to what it used to be.

oh fuck, yeah that's exactly it

kys both of u

I think I recall who you meant, then.

The one Frankiefag that stood out was also one of the moderators for this forum.
I remember how he used to pester people who got to view episodes early to give him all sorts of upcoming Frankie trivia just so he could go to sleep with clear conscience.

He was also a fighting atheist - on one occasion forum denizens made a thread about ghosts and overall spirituality in the offtopic board. Just minutes later he showed up and threatened to ban them if they continue to post in that thread, as it supposedly violated some TOS on site remaining ideologically neutral.

The Pilot, the Wilt special, and Destination Imagination were the best episodes. Prove me wrong.

But I can't user. You are absolutely correct.

>The show's a solid 3/5 for me. When it's bad it's god awful but when it's good it's wonderful.

Agreed.

>"unironically writing her love letters" tier

Like this?

I liked to show, but I really loved the game on CN.com where you made your own imaginary friend and did chores. That game was the shit.

Big fat awesome house party was great

So was the virtual pet game where you took care of the fosters main characters.

The DS game was fun too

Yeah I can see why Sup Forums doesn't universally love it like Courage or EEnE but I think it's firmly in the debatable area.

People just get stuck on Bendy I think. Lauren Faust even had to apologize for that one.

I love that episode

Really? Most liscenced games suck

GOAT episodes
>Anything with Orlando Bloo
>Coockie episode
>Imaginaryman
>Blue steals the bus

You may not like em but this is what prime cartoons are made off

Frankie/Mac is best pairing

>Grey DeLisle's default voice
I can't listen to Jackie from Star vs. without hearing a significantly less stressed Frankie.
She puts on a completely different voice for Queen Moon though and I like that one.

Antagonistic characters are far more interesting than nice characters

Seemed really dull when compared to CN's other shows of the time

Fair enough. But I felt like the writers could've gave the antagonists in those episodes a much more satisfying comeuppance - or even one, period.

Like in the Europe episode, Mac wasn't being a dick to anyone in the slightest. Madame Foster straight up stole all of the tickets from him for no reason.

Wasn’t fond of how obviously dickish they made Bloo when they could have easily used more Terrance or whatever, but overall, swell series.

Euro Trish is a top wifu

Foster's was a show that had some really high highs and some low as fuck lows. The setting, and cast were colorful and rich, but a lack of creativity on the writers' behalf held it back considerably. Bloo, in all of his bemusing dickishness, acted as a hell catalyst more frequently than some of the clear antagonist characters, like Terrance.

All of that being said I really loved:
>Goo's Eps
>The Movies/TV specials
>ORLANDO BLOO
>That one ep where Mac and Bloo get lost in Foster's

This one? I like fem Mac.

>that episode where Wilt was just a giant fucking doormat until he snapped at the very end

Shit hurt since he's my main man but that ending was kinda satisfying at least.

Bloo did nothing wrong, The rest of Foster were just as annoying and they deserve him

>hating Little Peas
Fuck you.

I hated that cocksucker Bendy.

Frankie owing her plan to a literal who really irks me. Like they had to take that one victory away from her.

If it's any consolation user, Jackie and Fluffer are a hilarious ship, the one silver lining in that ep for me.

On the other hand Big Cheese at least has

> I
> FOUND
> A
> CARROT

I really enjoyed the show more than I didn't, but like said, its lows are fucking low.

Even as a kid I would often change the channel whenever Foster's came on, to be honest. I watched the beginning movie about half the first season when it was airing. Maybe I would like it more now, but it'd be at the very bottom of the backlog.

bump

Changed the channel as a kid. Watched it for a bit if there was nothing else. I didn't care for the whole snowflake theme visually and storywise, it didn't help that I was in middle school and basically every awkward preteen persona was condensed into this show. However, I watched the pilot episodes recently and enjoyed them. I was planning on watching the whole series until I watched ep 4 where they go to the mall and I remembered what a little ADD fuck bloo was and lost interest. At best I'd cherry pick episodes with interesting premises.

I dug it.

I actually bought the first season of this show for $2 the other day. Too bad one of the discs are fucked!

Cheese was a mistake. Got too flanderized in the latter part of the series. Some of the early episodes still hold up though.

Loved it to death growing up. I was mostly a Nickelodeon kid until I saw this show on Cartoon Network in early 2005 and I started watching the network more often. True, there were some pretty bad episodes, but the good episodes were amazing. I was very sad when it ended but I was very happy we got around 78 episodes out of this series. Most cartoons don't get that much, so that was great

Frankie was and is so hot.