WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm
imdb.com/title/tt0259929/business?ref_=tt_dt_bus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't mind.

Yeah, the movies are pretty okay.
Them minions are the only faggy part, but in the main movies they're pretty much relegated to secondary character relief.

question is does that include the minions movie

They're like a major plot point in the second movie, brah.

I just want this industry to crash and I will laugh all the way. Emoji Movie 2 fucking when.

i'm ok with this.jpg

>Ever

wew

The movies themselves are ok (3 sucked though) Its just that everything surrounding how the minions are shilled is goddamn unbearable. The minons movie was surprising decent though

3 was better than 2

1,2 and minions were boring piece of shit, why is it so popular?

Now subtract the marketing budget.

Emoji movie is most probably better than this shit

No the movies are shit. Whats worse is that they waste a lot of potential, they have a supervillian as main character but aren't ballsy enough to have him do despicable villiany things, instead they'd rather have him at home being the loving but in over his head dad.

I was just mildly surprised they beat Shrek until I remembered Minions are part of that series

I swear that every well-known animated film does this now

they're easily marketable.

Minions are probably the worst things ever

Tbh the latter would be fine if he also did the former. Cut out the minions to make room for it and it'd be a fun flick.

That's disgusting. Fuck you, France.

Looks like that Adam Sandler movie

>the top grossing film of the franchise is Minions

What about Toy Story?

Actually glad they are. There is not a lot of animated movies about non-animal based dads.

God help us all

>Emoji Movie
>better than Despicable Me
I know Sup Forums hates Illumination but that is a bold-faced lie.

Don't let your c/co/ntrariarism blind you, man.

As much as Minions suck, they're not such a soulless cashgrab such as that movie.

will return.

does the calculation for that account for inflation?

Holy shit I'm so mad that a movie I don't like and is not aimed at me is popular with children and soccer moms I don't know, civilization is collapsing around me I'm literally shaking right now

you know, until in a couple of months another movie claims the title. that shit doesn't mean anything at all now, every year our world's population goes up another billion and more and more people watches movies because cinemas are bigger and you don't have to walk 3 days from your one-horse town to a major city to find one.

THIS.

B.O. is bullshit.

I mean, what other animated franchise created in the last decade or so (since movies make more these days) has had more than three installments? Other than Ice Age?

I wish Megamind got that spot, its pretty much the same premise.

First movie was alright.

>tfw you might live to see the millennials drafted into the third world war

>implying ww3 will have air or ground combats to deploy any militar units
face it, ww3 will be total worldwide anihilation in 30 minutes or less.

>implying WW3 will even fought by humans at all

exactly

Yeah well... Zootopia is second only to Frozen on highest grossing non-sequel animated movies and is the highest grossing for a movie based on an original story.

what these chinks saw in this movie i have no idea

>Minions is number 2

Watching The International with Gaben and Ice Frog.

>Minions at number 2

I don't get it
what's the appeal of the series?

aggressive marketing.

Disney is finished

>Trey Parker is a part of something good again.

Good.

>you know

No, I actually don't know how any of this works

As if they care

for once DM and Megamind were mainstream films about focusing in the "bad" guy, then Pixar came with their take on it with Wreck it Ralph

wow there, do you have any idea how stupid you were going back there?

>Pixar came with their take on it with Wreck it Ralph
Wreck it Ralph is Disney not Pixar

Is Trey on this?

He voiced the main antagonist. For a time, it was the biggest thing before we saw Gru's twin brother.

Disney FINALLY started making good movies again when they took people from Pixar to work on them.

>Finding Dory beat out Zootopia
Fuck you, moms of the world.

>t. Butthurt Furfag

>Live action Dumbo
>Live action Lion King
>Live action Mulan

Adjusted for inflation? Because you do that and ancient Disney movies probably bump it out of the top twenty.

The only way to save the world is to out-Minion the Minions.

A character design so generic and interchangeable that you can project any sort of idea or emotion onto it as possible.

They're both movies about animals, I'm just mad the mediocre sequel won out.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is the highest animation box ofice ever

Inflation calculator says it like nowadays $30,942,579,513

I'm just sitting here surprised, I mean was Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaurs THAT popular when it came out?

>live in literal fly-over country
>nothing important for hundreds of miles
>mfw i survive the nuclear holocaust while the coasts are annihilated

>$30,942,579,513
You know there are resources you can look at so you don't have to do poor math yourself.
boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

This. They're decent enough.

I want to die

More than Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, and How to train your dragon?

I tought that the Moana's Kakamora would be the new Minions.

nuclear wind will eventually reach your country in a couple of months no matter how deep in a hole it's located, only difference it's you will die a very slowly and painfull death while your fucking DNA gets unknitted from inside out and your flesh falls in big chunks from your face. seriously, the worst part of a nuclear fallout is surviving it.

Op is upset that emoji movie isn't number one

>More than Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, and How to train your dragon?
Shrek was the previous record holder, yes.

>Despicable Me did in four what Shrek needed five to do.
Impressive.

>Meanwhile Cars 3 did dick at the B.O. and Coco is gonna bomb.

Wreck it Ralph 2 can't come soon enough for the animated film divisions of Disney.

hardly a contest, one's a sequel to a classic, other's from the juggernaut of industry

brown people dont sell.

Tell that to Will Smith.

Cars movies are not for beating B.O. records.
They have same purpose a minion movies.

*ANIMATED brown people

Ahhh, carry on.

To be fair here, this is talking about a Franchise. Most of the classic great animated films are one-offs. One film that does great would likely gross less than three films that did ok.

The previous record was to Shrek which just kept churning those films out until the well dried. Despicable Me/Minions is following the exact same model.

Could be worse

aka how sane people feel

>Frozen on top
This is a PS4 situation, where the comptetion is so bad that the least ammount of effort puts you on the number one spot

I mean if they make like 3 more Frozen movies it would take the spot, it really isn't that big of an accomplishment when we know they are purposefully milking the shit out of the movies. Like gee, this incredibly marketable franchise that Dreamworks keeps making and making made a lot of money! Go figure.

I actually like minions
The characters and the movie
Not the memes, tho

they put alot if effort into this movie: they rewrote whole thing because villain song for too good for a villain.

I was gonna make a snide comment that you got millenials and gen z mixed up like everybody on here does, but I looked it up and apparently the army takes people up to 35 now. TFW my Navy board didn't select me so I don't know what I'm doing with my life right now,

They saw Judy. Will you be getting the revoltech or the figma?

man, yo're behind.

>people actually watch the Ice Age movies

What in the absolute fuck?

Whats the worst grossing animated movie ever? I mean to come from a large studio im sure that the lowest has to be from some slaw indian animators or something

What's the appeal?

Nice. I liked DM 1, 2, & 3 but didn't care for Minions.

It felt as if they thought it would be like The Penguins of Madagascar, (where the studio was surprised at their popularity as secondary characters to the other animals in the Madagascar movies so decided to create an off shoot) but with Minions it didn't quite work out that way. Maybe because of the not so subtle fag shit going on in the backgrounds.

I'm sure you'd be a hardcore badass troop yourself, with your years of experience sitting in a chair and being an amateur political analyst.

This, which was only in cinemas in Europe:

>imdb.com/title/tt0259929/business?ref_=tt_dt_bus
>Budget $12,000,000 (estimated)
>Opening Weekend £171,576 (UK) (9 December 2001) (234 Screens)

It was directed by the guy who did the animated adaption of the The Snowman.

Starring Nicolas Cage.

Just remember, Dory had to stay in the theatres for 175 days vs. Zootopia's 154. The theatre in my city begged head office to keep it longer as they were still drawing crowds while the new stuff was falling way short of that.

holy shit this looks like DeviantArt of Richard Williams version