Without Jerry around to belittle, Beth is now pouring her vitriol on her kids

>without Jerry around to belittle, Beth is now pouring her vitriol on her kids
>those passive-aggressive jabs and threats made at them to not make her look like the bad guy in front of the therapist
>that implication that she now resents them for wanting her to act like their mother (i.e. caring about their emotions and accepting their vulnerabilities while helping them overcome their problems)
>"And fuck both of you, too."

This is starting to get really messed up. If Jerry somehow manages to stumble his way into a decent job, he might actually get custody of the kids at this rate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-YsBK_5I8
youtube.com/watch?v=RXGnsYrA1ZM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Man this stuff really tickles my funny bone

Dan Harmon needs to take a break.

I feel like they're either setting us up for something like that toward the end of the season, but most likely it'll either end with them getting back together or the writers hand waving Beth's shittiness and making her the good guy at the end just so they can shit on Jerry some more.

>jerry redemption arc
fucking yes

Beth is realizing that without Jerry around all the time she can't pass off the actions of the kids on him.

It's all her, 100% from now on. And that scares the living shit out of her, because of two things.

1. She can't blame Rick because she's literally put him above everything else at this point
2. She can't blame Jerry because he's not even there.

I'd also love it if Beth did get a complete Fuck You moment or two just so faggots would shut up about "Muh Female Writers"

People don't write with their dicks or their vaginas, they write with their assholes.

PICKLE RIIIICK XDDD

Jerry gets the weekends with the kids, I think? Anyway, her feelings were pretty transparent and I think the lesson to take from this is to stay out of trouble so Mom doesn't get all up on their ass.

If Jerry had custody, the kids would be even more rebellious, I think.

She reminds me of my mom

I'd love to see all the fans do a 180 on Jerry because the show simply told them to

DUDE SELF INSERT WRITERS LMAO

i haven't watched any of the season 3 episodes yet but just by reading your thread OP it kinda sounds like something from family guy. just opinions, carry on

>People don't write with their dicks or their vaginas, they write with their assholes.
that is oddly poetic

What this ep lacked in lauggs it made up for in Beth bashing. I like it.

>She can't blame Jerry because he's not even there
I don't think you fully understand how the female mind works.

>implying the entire show wasn't about Jerry's need to man up and take control
>implying they haven't been constructing a philosophical hierarchy where nihilism (Rick) is superior to a morality driven life led by somebody spineless (Jerry) but inferior to a morality driven life where the person embodies or self actualizes their beliefs (Jerry after getting his shit together)

Why do you think Rick's persona and nihilistic outlook only shine through when he's in complete control but collapse when he's in trouble? You see him literally praying to God when about to die at one point. He gets sanctimonious when the kids are on their tablets during Christmas. Nihilism is only better than living with purpose if you're weak like Jerry, who can conceptualize right and wrong and what's meaningful but is too pathetic to act it out or make it reality.

No user, she can now blame everything on Jerry BECAUSE he's not even there.

@94483711
I dont think I could ever take this guy serious. EVERYTHING he says is wrong even if he's parrots what others say things that are true

Family guy never has serious topics.

This is actually a mother who is being spiteful and mean...because they are human too and can be flawed...and some IRL mothers are like that and some of us can relate to that.

When women lose their sexual currency as they get older they seek power through nagging and making people feel guilty, now that the husband is gone it goes on the kids.

This is sad but real

I come from SO CAL, the land of single mothers raising shitty kids...

one benefit though is that the kids had their father for most of their child lives...having a divorce in their teenage lives will fuck them up and honestly fucks up people no matter how old but at least they know who their daddy is

youtube.com/watch?v=Mr-YsBK_5I8

youtube.com/watch?v=RXGnsYrA1ZM

>stefan molyneaux

>If that happens the Rick would have to move in with Jerry so he'd have access to Morty.
Rick may have just screwed himself here.

i really hope they take it this direction.

I don't see anything wrong with what he said.

>Steven meme
>Sargon cuck
Lmao let me guess, are marathoning Jordan Peteron too?
I'm kidding I watched them all too but seriously man such a meme to link those guys especially Sargon

Agreed

im a libertarian and cant stand him

Good thing women in my country usually basically grows into caring grumpy old men.

maybe it's because he has maybe a god complex and puts himself in situatutions because he wants something to challege that complete control. He knows the is and outs of everything and just wants something to beat him. Like one punch man, too strong so everything is boring kinda thing.

Y'know it's a shame the internet has a clear pattern of creating spikes in popularity which end up devaluing what people say because it reduces the content to the same level of the lowest person engaging with that content. It makes it too easy to dismiss things as a fad because discussion is too saturated with their presence.

I hate trying to have a genuine discussion about some of Peterson's ideas and the discussion has already been reduced to spouting memes based on his common talking points and mannerisms.
>dude lobsters lmao
>dude dragons man

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought Beth is treating her kids terribly.
Jerry was truly /our/ guy all along.
Also will the dude that Beth remarries from the Jerry Day Care episode come back?

Remember that time he tried to make a comment on one of his videos pretending to be a female fan but didn't log out of his main account?

or that one time he misinterpreted data

>Beth loses kids to Jerry and finally turns on Rick because he's the last person she has to blame
>Beth is no longer around to stop Jerry from telling Rick to fuck off
>Jerry won't let Rick see Morty anymore, and even Morty calls Rick out on it when he tries to do it anyway
>Rick comes to the horrible realization that Beth and Jerry's marriage is indirectly the only thing keeping him happy

I'm actually dissapoited they aired this so soon, this kind of episode would have been way better latter in the seasonmid, but having it so early just means that everyone's going to guess that Jerry's going to get full custody by the end, and Rick being fucked since Jerry won't let him near Morty.

Or the time he blamed the Welfare State for him not being able to get a girlfriend, and not because he's a tool?

Wow, only a show this smart could be this stupid

Pussies are a half inch away user. It's why it's hard for them smear shit on paper.

I know what you mean buts come on man , you have to admit some of it is pretty funny. Also dude ____ lmao! Is my favorite way to make anything sound dumb and I just assume people who post them are just in it for shits and giggles

Also...do cockroaches actually squeal?

Some do a hissing sound, but regular ones only make noise while flapping their wings (if they have them).

I mean it makes sense. Imagine you envision that life has a meaning or purpose, and you don't live it up it. Or worse, you envision that life has a meaning or purpose but you don't know what it is and you might die before you even figure it out let alone live up to it. You can break it down into a real simple ranking:
Success > refusing to acknowledge the idea of specific success and failure states at all > explicit failure

Jerry's life and beliefs would be heartwarming if they were held by anyone but someone pathetic like him.

>This is starting to get really messed up. If Jerry somehow manages to stumble his way into a decent job, he might actually get custody of the kids at this rate.
>straight white male getting something he wants

lol no

Since I'm not completely familiar with the way divorces are handled (other than the mom getting the kids almost without fail), do the kids get any say if they're old enough?

Kds by definition can't be old enough because if you're in somebody else's custody you're a minor. To "be old enough" would make the matter irrelevant because you wouldn't be in custody anyway.

Do people actually dislike Jerry? Him and Morty are the only characters I can at the very least sympathize with.

Why did S3E2 make Jerry out to be the bad guy anyways?

Just finished seeing this. Episode was pretty good, but boy is Beth a huge bitch. Really resent her.

It didn't. It made him the guy that gets shat on by life. Two very different things.

If this was a British comedy he'd be the protagonist.

You say this as if Jerry doesn't have supporters already. Jerry is a coward but his ultimate goal has always been to protect his family even if that means from Rick.

I didn't think so till i saw all the comments in the youtube mirrors this season.

No it very much made Jerry out to be the bad guy, with Morty blaming everything on Jerry not manning up while its primarily Beth and Rick's fault.

Reminder therapist was Tammy in disguise. Reminder she is using this position to make Rick weaker mentally by turning his grand kids against him.

Beth has always been a huge bitch, she is a daddy's girl and defends his bullshit at every opportunity and never stands up to him. Jerry actually has more of a spine than Beth just for not constantly kissing Rick's ass.

You're dumb
Yes. As of 16, or w/e your state's age of consent is, you have complete control over who you live with. You can change who has custody as young as 10-14 if you can make a good case in front of a judge (saying mommy beats me or does cocaine).

I think that if Jerry had custody Morty and summer would become a hell of a lot more normal
Sure Jerry is a pushover and summer and Morty could get away with doing anything they want but they aren't dumb, after doing that shit for a while they would reverse to proper normal behaivour
A big house and money is not what children need, they need an environment where they can have a healthy life

I love child neglect, therapy and no jokes in my waky sci-fi comedy.
>mfw nearly pissing myself when beth acted like a cunt to her kids

So...anyone think they'll adress Beth's possible electra complex? I mean i can't be the only one who thinks Beth's obsession with Rick could lead to some fucked up revaltions down the road?

Morty isn't the R&M's absolute moral compass. Him, his son, blaming Jerry for what happened is just another facet of the universe shitting on him.

Just because a Main Character considers Jerry the bad guy, doesn't mean the show made him out to be the bad guy. At best he's made out to be weak and spineless, which he is most of the time, but that doesn't mean "bad guy".

Ok, then that confirms what I thought would happen, they'll give Beth custody, only for Morty and Summer to say they want to move in with their dad.

It's the most dramatic way to go about it.

I like asshole Beth, it's funny because the show it's self aware of it's cuntish behavior, kinda like Rick in a sense.

I also really hope she gets no comeuppance either, for some reason retards really, REALLY hate her and want to see her get fucked, and it would be hilarious to see them when nothing bad happens to her.

I feel like some one on the inside is crashing the show, if this happens it will be confirmed. why else would you make the least liked character less likable and then not even do anything with it?

>really hope she gets no comeuppance
Nah, I'd rather see her get her shit kicked in just to shut up the people who hate women that get no punishment for their actions

I'm kind of glad they're making her an asshole, too. It wouldn't make sense for her to shit on her husband continuously for nothing than blossom into this perfect character once he's out of the picture. If he had done something, maybe I'd understand

>why else would you make the least liked character less likable and then not even do anything with it?
Because that's literally the point of the show? I don't think anyone watches Rick and Morty to watch the characters get fucked because they are irresponsible assholes, user.

No vocal cords, so no. I mean some species technically could, by slowly wheezing out air from their trachea under compression, but they wouldn't be making that noise purposely either, so no.

It's pretty obvious that Beth is going to lose custody of her kids to Jerry.

the point of the show is not to like any of the characters?

>I don't think anyone watches Rick and Morty to watch the characters get fucked because they are irresponsible assholes

that has happend multiple times:
jelly bean king, rich purge people, devil, Frank Palicky

>rich purge people
literally did nothing wrong besides hole up in their house during the purge.

Cockroaches don't have tracheas. Insects don't have lungs and breath by taking in oxygen directly through tiny openings all over their bodies. Any insect noise is made by vibrating their external body parts like their wings or legs together.

Well not the main characters at least, Rick is an asshole and it's funny because of it, Morty does deserve it yet we laugh because it's mean, Jerry is pathetic and you are not supposed to feel bad about him because it's not realistically-pathetic and Summer is a bitchy teenager but nobody cares because she's clearly not happy with herself, that's the joke.

Same with Beth, if at the end of R&M Rick is a loving grandpa, Morty a regular person and Jerry and Beth a loving couple then Harmon would be missing what made his series good t begin with.

Season 1:
>What if Doc Brown was an abusive alcoholic and Marty was his grandkid and they went on fucked up space adventures?
Season 2:
>Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.
Season 3:
>Dude family drama lmao

God forbid a show makes you take a hard look at yourself in the mirror inbetween gore and fart jokes, right?

Has anyone noticed that every other character who acts rudely, dismissively, aggressively, and arrogantly towards other characters generally has a good excuse?

Rick, for example, has seen some shit.

But Beth? Beth grew up without a daddy, who's now back in her life. Boo-fucking-hoo.

Actually they do have trachea. That's the canal that leads the air from openings in the abdominal region (spiracles) to the respiratory system. Hissing roaches make their ''hissing'' noise by expelling air through the spiracles, by the trachea.

Literally blew their load to early.

Good writing is all well and good, but if you paint your girl's face white all at once, you'll have nothing left for later.

No, instead, you got to take your dick in hand, and lovingly stroke your load across that face. Michelangelo didn't paint the Sistine Chapel in a day.

It was flat out stated that they engineered the purge to keep the poor people weak and distracted so that they could exploit them.

Jerry is stupid, spineless, and selfish. His only positive trait is that 99% of the time he's too weak to impose his shittiness on others. Just look at the shrimply pibbles episode for an example of how much of an asshole Jerry would be if he were even slightly less spineless than usual.

Morty is the only character in the show that genuinely cares about other people. Summer's just as self centered as Rick, and Beth and Jerry only care about their kids because being a "good parent" is the only thing they've accomplished in their lives and their egos depend on it.

Being asshole for the hell if it can be fun to watch but Beth is an asshole because of her daddy issues, it pushes her attitude and treatment of her kids into a creepy new light. Her quasi incestuous devotion to her father at the expense of her kids well being should be adressed, she should face consequences for her fucked up priorities. Whether or not the show is building up to something like this is still up in the air.

Calm down Freud

I don't know, at the end when she was really not into going back to therapy and was talking about going with Rick for food it really felt like a punchline, user. I hope they just pull a South Park bring back the Jerry status quo in a classy yet funny way.

Jerry c137 grew a spine and balls when he thought Beth would cheat on him. Then he started killing every bug and cronenberg person in his way. Which made beth love Jerry and become submissive to him.

Second(maybe third due to Jerry daycare mixup) Jerry tried to stand up to Beth and Rick, but failed his willpower roll. This Jerry needs to level up and try again.

>Morty was the subject of this episodes pee fetish
>Not Summer

I'm disappointed in Justin.

Not an argument

>he might actually get custody of the kids at this rate.

Not unless they portray the custody battle realistically

great I can't wait for that hilarious episode.

>the point of the show is not to like any of the characters?

Many many shows are like this.

Well, I didn't think you could do lazier toon drawings than Senpai Guy/American Dad.. but there you go.

Why didn't Rick go to another universe at the end of Season 2 where Bird Person didn't die?
Why didn't Rick go to another universe at the end of Season 2 where he wasn't a wanted criminal?
Why didn't Rick go to another universe at the end of Season 2 where Bird Person didn't meet Tammy?
Why didn't Rick go to another universe where Jerry is a good guy and loved by his family?
Why didn't Rick go to another universe where Jerry and Beth have a good marriage?
Why does Rick pretend to care about anyone or anything when he can just go to another, better universe?

how many of those are wacky science fiction comedy shows?

what happened to the science and adventure this show had? now it's like I'm watching some shitty show on lifetime.

Rick cares, but pretends he doesn't. He ditched c137 universe because he screwed up too badly.

So he had to find the next closest possible match. Where he could jump in and replace the other Rick with no one noticing. There are a finite number of universes close enough to Ricks. So he can't waste them.

No

Well, we'll just have to wait and see where they're taking this sub plot and if a cigar is just a cugar or some fucked up daddy issues.

>He ditched c137
That was not universe c137. Rick had already abandoned his original universe and family before the show started.

I really loved the episode. I don't get why everyone here is bitching out.

Remember that time he got upset over a soup can having women on it? He truly is a man of logic and reason.

The Madagascar hissing cockroach!

He only fucks off to another universe when he fucks it up, like the cronenberg universe. rick pretends not to care about his family but he actually does.

My parents divorce was similar.

Kids literally become pawns in the plan to hurt your father, divorced women are grade a fucking psychopaths.

It's so stupid. It must be satire.

Me too thanks :,)

Am I the only one having these creepy incest tones from Beth towards Rick? I feel like she would rather have Rick as her husband at this point

Think about it.

Because he's trying to give a fuck about something so that not everything is an endless void of meaningless sensation. His anchor right now is Morty. Morty, gives a fuck about this current dimension and the things inside it. Until Morty goes full Rick level euphoric Rick will be tied down to wherever Morty's investment is. An easy example of this is:
>was about to leave summer in the desert
>wasn't as keen to leave morty for dead
>leaves both of them eventually but comes back before long and focuses on retrieving morty first

Were reaching Moral Orel levels of realistically terrible parents Jesus Beth literally does not want to care about other people especially her own family

im hoping that a younger version of rick will fuck her and create morty