Does it still hold up?

Does it still hold up?

Other urls found in this thread:

its-not-its.info/
articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/12/entertainment/la-et-ct-mtv-susanne-daniels-20121112
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

It was new and exciting back in the '90s, but now it's just another sitcom with the jokes spread very, very thin.

Just the original seasons.

*laughing*

Yes. And the new ones are good too.

Yes. It's comedy is kinda niche, but unique enough where it stands out. There still isn't anything like it. The music video segments are really the only thing that dates the show, but they're still funny.

>It's comedy is kinda niche

*Its comedy is kinda niche

who was in the wrong here?

its-not-its.info/

their parents

What's Sup Forums's favorite episode/music video?

Dammit guys, its really not that big a problem.
Its the English language's fault.
If it's rules weren't so stupid, we'd be in a better place.

Nose Bleed/Mr. Bombastic

Huhuhuhuhuh he said hold up huhuhuhuh

I think it does. I like it more than King of the Hill.

some of it does. the stuff where they're not panning on videos is pretty timeless. the pop culture stuff with the music videos and the mtv shows in revival are pretty dated and in the moment

The revival season was too savage for MTV.

It's surprisingly short.
But the movie is great.

I like most of the 30 minute specials. My favorite is with the escaped convict.

How humorless can one guy be? I watched them for the first time last year and I was dying.

this. i don't think they were expecting Judge to go as hard at them as he did.

I'd say so. Even though it's set in 90's lower-middle class suburbia, the characters and their antics are pretty timeless. I bet you could show Beavis and Butthead to someone from a century ago and they'd get the humor. There always have been, and always will be, dumb, horny young men slacking off and doing stupid shit because they think it's cool. There are pop culture references here and there, but you don't need to get them to enjoy the show. The emphasis is almost entirely on the characters and their interactions.

That one was amazing.

This show was butchered by censors after some retarded kid allegedly burned down his house after watching it. Newcomers likely saw what remained and said "that's it? Boring." The only way to see it in its uncut form is through bootlegs.

Why did they cancel the show so fast in 2011?

Yeah. Definitely better if you're drinking or smoking though

yes for the most part. some of the earlier episodes are a little tryhard, but it really found it's stride later on. the music videos are the funniest part

MTV's demographic isn't what it used to be and towards the end of the season, a new network head took over, claiming she wanted more female oriented programming. Beavis and Butt-Head, in spite of the hype and solid reception it received upon coming back, wasn't part of that vision. When asked about the fate of the show she gave a snide "Talk to me in a month" response and it was left to die.

TL;DR women ruin everything.

That sounds plausible. At least mtvclassic plays mostly music.

Here, dug up an article about it from a few years ago.
articles.latimes.com/2012/nov/12/entertainment/la-et-ct-mtv-susanne-daniels-20121112

>One of the hopes MTV has for Daniels is that she will come up other shows that can attract female viewers, which was the WB's sweet spot. That could spell bad news for "Beavis and Butt-head," the classic cartoon series that MTV brought back last year that was a hit with young boys.

>Asked about the fate of "Beavis and Butt-head," Daniels said, "talk to me in a month."