Baby's first entrence to deeper storytelling

Baby's first entrence to deeper storytelling.

And there is nothing wrong with that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dHg50mdODFM
youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2MRVHPfwc
youtube.com/watch?v=hYtn4imn3NI
youtube.com/watch?v=7_CvVf9yflU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Steven Universe
>Deep

This is worse than the pickle shitposting

>entrence
You have to be at least 18 to post here

>SU
>deep storytelling

I can't take SU seriously for shit. That entire fight was ruined for me because they decided to make it into a Disney musical.

Call it shit taste, but I fucking hated it.

Then how else would you describe the intricate lore and meticulously planned foreshadowing in Steven Universe?

That is your opinion.
And there is nothing wrong with that.

sorry user, musicals in a fights are pathetic as your life.

Thank you for understanding.

i dunno man, that's a silly opinion. songs didn't stop lion king from being taken seriously.

>being taken seriously
by furries

Irrelevant, because the songs weren't mid fight, nigga.

If Scar and Simba's last fight had Simba singing like an idiot while getting ash tossed in his eyes, I'd probably hate that too.

I hate this stupid complaint that the music in SU is bad because it's so subjective nobody can argue it, even when the music is fine in reality.

The only SU song that sounds even remotely Disney is the one where Steven is training with everyone

>the music is fine

That's your opinion. Not everyone is going to like the same things as you, nor is everyone going to get along while having the same point of view.

Regardless of what this show teaches you, that's not how life works.

it's more of the fact that, you know, it's corny as fuck.

and it shouldn't play in the middle of a battle because it adds nothing to the weight of the punches or any type of movement whatsoever. it enfatizes nothing besides 'good guys always win btw'

Can we please just make ALL SU related content /trash/ like the general?

Piss poor pacing

youtu.be/dHg50mdODFM
The music hasn't been corny since season 1a

the aforementioned song proves otherwise.

Musical numbers aren't an entrance to deep storytelling. They're an introduction to musicals.

>meticulously planned
How come they completely ditched the magic angle build up in S1 then, and all the magic related plots like the time travel device and the special bugs?

>special bugs
Werent those just tiny gems?

And the time travel episode isnt canon

It's called subverting expectations. You can see the planning and forshadowing as far back as the first few episodes.

Yes. They are corrupted gems

>And the time travel episode isnt canon
What? Did the writers retcon it in a twitter post or something?

He's talking about the pilot

Would smash/10

there's a difference between subverting a concept and completely ditching a concept

But none of the concepts were dropped. Everything we see in early SU blends perfectly into the weird sci-fi it has become. Honestly going back, everything can be explained in the context of what we now know

Can you fucking gems just TALK to me when you explain things? ffs

i miss it being more magical tho desu

I thought I did, but then I realized I just miss the Crystal Gems

They have barely been in season 4 and 5. They might as well be supporting characters at this pointm

This episode was where I dropped the show.

youre actually fucking right

wasnt the last time they did anything relevent during the final jasper fight? and even then that was just amethyst

I mean, they saved everyone from the zoo, but that was really the B plot.

They haven't moved the plot forward at all since, like you said, finishing off jasper

I just marathoned the entire series and can't wait for more. It's funny, has likable characters, complex relationships Pearl somewhat resenting Steven for the death of Rose even though she still loves him, world building, fusions, and I like seeing Steven gain control of his powers. Also I look forward to seeing how the conflict between yellow and blue diamond resolves itself.
The only annoying part is imagining the fat ugly feminist dyke who's grinning because she thinks her writing in queer relationships or fat and ugly people is some moral accomplishment. Also the plot moves slower than I'd like, but the 10-minute format makes it easier for me to tolerate for some reason.
Besides that last part I don't know why I see so much hate for it on Sup Forums. It's one of the few western animations with an actual fucking plot across the entire show. That automatically puts it above 99% of anything else.

I'm going to neck myself for being unable to post something so simple.

>the intricate lore and meticulously planned foreshadowing

>can't wait for more
>It's one of the few western animations with an actual fucking plot across the entire show.
>That automatically puts it above 99% of anything else.

>magic
>believing a canonical liar's lies
>ever
You deserve everything you get.

>haha le epic gif

Fuck off Satan, he's right. SU has been planned from the beginning and the only show that gives a shit about it's own lore nowadays.

Dude, that's literally the only fight song so far and it's there for good reason. Garnet vs. Jasper was a demonstration, a turning point. A talking piece almost. There's a difference between that and something like the Arcade Mania fight with the drill monster or Lapis vs the Gems.

>the only show that gives a shit about it's own lore nowadays.

Uhhhh....A for effort. Cool show but very clearly being written as it goes along. Not that there's a necessary problem with that, but it has it's fair share of asspulls.

I can completely understand hating the show for its disgusting virtue signalling. There is nothing wrong with wanting media to fail because it serves as propaganda toward an ideology that you find dangerous. But if that's why you dislike it then you need to be honest about it so others won't feel ashamed to speak up too. Don't pretend the show is garbage for some made up reason. If I could snap my fingers and make everything tainted by "them" disappear in an instant then I would. But that's not the world we live in so I just accept and enjoy SU for reasons separated from its virtue signalling.

i looked this up on google and found this on wikipedia:
>Johnson stated that Star vs. the Forces of Evil "excels on wild, silly, and clever set-pieces to bring the laughs and action", but expected that adult viewers won't get much out of it
yea definitely doesn't sound like the show for me. i enjoy shit that in the very least appears deep so i can pretend to look smart, or a show that is deep so i can appreciate it as more than some children's show

>toward an ideology that you find dangerous

Kek.

deep as a kiddy pool

How low are today's standards that we consider SU something more than a shitty kids cartoon that pushes gay propaganda?

>acting like this show was written rather than storyboarded
>even the stoaryboarders can't keep the character models str8
>
>in most shows they try to explain plot, motivations, and characters through dialogue or by actually showing what's happening to you
>in this they try to explain plot, motivations, and characters through crying, singing, and singing while crying

I miss the 50's prudish standards.
Seriously.

A fat ugly annoying child can't be a good protagonist.

Storyboarders don't write the lore you dumb nigger.

Name ONE legitimate plothole. ONE!

Well that's just not true at all

>SU has deep storytelling

Earth's FUBAR history. WW2 (or lack thereof) would result in a huge change for humanity, and probably not for the better.
All of the Gem shit being ignored by humans... I'll let that one slide...
None of Rose's previous human suitors ever thought of going the distance with her? An eight ft. tall sex goddess and no-one before Greg thought "I'll make her my own!"?
Where the hell did the Handship go, anyways?
Why Amethyst. Why Pearl. Why Rose. Just why.
Lars. Total copout.
Why is Lion the only thing Rose chose to resurrect?

Alright, I've been seeing more and more tripfags and namefags lately, and it's bern about half a year since I've been on Sup Forums. I know there are some for storytimes like Designated Dave I want him to do the Captain Underpants series again, but is this just the new form of ironic shitposting or newfags being new?

That's not Adventure Time.

Don't lie to yourself, they always do it while singing and crying.

If you haven't noticed, humanity is very different. It's esentially peaceful ancapistan when it comes to government. Dollars are different, borders are different, countries are different, geography is different, lingo is different.

Gem shit is ignored by humans because it's been there since Mesopotamia.

The suiters didn't choose not to go the distance, Rose just always got bored of them. They were like playthings to her. Pearl explains that. She almost went that way with Greg too until she truly started to fall in love with him.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yj2MRVHPfwc

The handship was cleaned up, I remember them doing it in Joy Ride.

I don't understand this question.

It may be a copout but it's not a plothole, that power was hinted at way back before.

We don't know. There is a kind of moral problem with resurrecting life in the first place, it's kind of messing with the natural cycle, no?

>in this they try to explain plot, motivations, and characters through crying, singing, and singing while crying

Fuck off nigger.
youtube.com/watch?v=hYtn4imn3NI
youtube.com/watch?v=7_CvVf9yflU

I'll accept that.
So? The pyramids have been around for over 5000 years, doesn't mean no-one doesn't take an interest in them.
Intriguing. To the point of concern..
Alright.
All of those extremely concerning acts? Amethyst tormenting Greg, Pearl almost killing Steven at least how many times now? Steven's existence without a biological mother... Rose didn't have to give up her Gem (apparently) So why did she? Why would someone create such chaos?
I guess.
But resurrecting a Lion is also against the natural order.

They're all mentally ill. Comes with being a gem I guess. I agree that shit can be over the top sometimes. And we honestly still aren't entirely sure why Rose decided to do what she did, I doubt it'll ever be entirely clear.

As for the Lion, I'm guessing she realized it AFTER and decided that she'll only ever resurrect when it's absolutely necessary.

To bad that adults enjoy this baby level story.

I've got nothing else to say besides disappointed mumbling about obscurity, but otherwise this was a good debate.
Thank you for this opportunity, user.

Like fish in a barrel.

You are on a website where adults regularly bitch and talk about cartoons and animation. Most of which are made for children. Get off your high horse.

It seemed more like Garnet did it to mock her. She didn't give a shit about Jasper's hits and smiled the whole way through.

Steven and the Stevens, not the pilot

Nothing that includes gays and trannies can be deep except for their buttholes

>the SU fandom is super cool and nice!

>Then how else would you describe the intricate lore and meticulously planned foreshadowing in Steven Universe?
Has basic continuity. Very clear cause and effect.

why can't you just say you like something? There's always gotta be some kind of smug bullshit thrown in to obfuscate the fact that you're actually having fun.

I watched his videos and agree with his criticisms, but he seems to have a habit of grabbing statistics and acting like they disprove something

Two examples of this really bothered me mostly due to the fact they did nothing to advance his point or disprove the point the show or person is trying to make

1: Daisy Ridley said in an interview that she believes that there should be more females in main roles in film, and that makes sense. E;R's response is to overlay a statistic that 70% of parent on child murders are committed by mothers. Like what the fuck does that have to do with anything she was saying. It would have been much better of him to say that the issue isn't that she was female, but because her character was a huge mary sue

2: When some townsfolk tell the gems that they are good parents, his response to show an article about how a lesbian couple beat their child horribly. Is that supposed to disprove any idea that lesbians can be good parents?

Again, his criticisms are good most of the time, but it's moments like those that make me question him

E;R is a SUfag aswell so it doesn't really matter what he did for shock value.
If anyhting his video reached new people which in turn checked it out and some probably sticked with it

That was a review for the first fucking episode that's still like the only one posted there because the Wikipedia page barely gets updated due to the show being somewhat obscure (on a premium channel). Probably the same type of shit could've been said for Steven Universe if everyone just watched the first 10 minutes and then fucked off forever.

>E;R likes SU Imma need a sauce on that

retarded

>clearly being written as it goes along
>posts THAT image

I can't tell if you're trolling or not. If you aren't, look at her eyes in that image you posted. Those are literally the symbol for the morning star, Lucifer. I'm not making this up.

There's tons of cryptic foreshadowing present throughout pretty much the entire show. A lot of it through the "funny lines" Glossaryk starts spewing while blending in seamlessly into the conversations he's having with the characters. One of the main ones that people have picked up on is that Star herself is one huge reference to fucking Satan.

>People are emotionally touched/invested by this and consider it high art

Nobody considers it high art. At best it's an above average cartoon

>2: When some townsfolk tell the gems that they are good parents, his response to show an article about how a lesbian couple beat their child horribly. Is that supposed to disprove any idea that lesbians can be good parents?

I think that was more of an ironic throwaway shock gag more than actual criticism, kinda like all those 'jew' jokes.

when you claim that everyone should have equal opportunity, but groups continue to have unequal outcomes, then those groups will resent groups that perform better. i find that pretty dangerous.

It's because he keeps doing short videos on new episodes so he's clearly watching them

that's why he said 'baby's first'.

It's basically saying it's 'deeper' than Spongebob or TTG, which might be the definition of damning through faint praise, but it's true. Compared to most other cartoon shows out right now, Steven universe is a cut above most. Even if, sadly on all fronts, there isn't much competition there.

SU's story telling isnt deep and it does a terrible job managing its characters and revealing twists.

Baby as in the fan or the writer?

why not both?

There's a lot wrong with Steven Universe

I want them to give the humans magic or some shit so they aren't worthless

Look ma, I bumped the bait thread!

seriously give them some gem weapons or some shit so that people who arent connie or lars can fucking defend themselves

especially after that fucking kidnapping fiasco

I dunno. Gems seem to be pretty worthless themselves, so it's an even playing field.

I mean, it IS a cartoon made for children after all.

But they're not. Thanks to his human side, Steven was able to not be affected by the Gem destabilization thing, so that might come into play later, since Gems aren't used to fighting humans.

Right, I feel like it's weird when people shit over kids shows for not being deep enough.