twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

When did you become a gay zoophile?

An hour ago.

That montage was so sweet.

The reaction gifs I was waiting for

>>"WHAT IN LIFE IS REALLY WORTH THAT?!"
>>Silent montage
>>The Chain starts to play
Probably my favorite moment. The timing was so fucking perfect.

And all because he was in a hurry to save friends.

Hopefully he'll be more approachable in the third movie so they can do something new with him whatever it might be (though we all know what it may be).

>rocket is probably neutered
>any sexual advance you make towards him will be met with utter confusion on his part

sorry furfags but you can't fuck the raccoon

The best part of the movie by far, makes up for Taserface which was the worst part of the movie, with the exception of the punchline at the end.

Rocket doesn't find humanoids attractive. For him it's either custom designed sex bot or himself.

Vol. 2 had its problems, but it had the best ending out of all the MCU movies. I was at edge of my seat the entire time.
I feel like this scene was just Gunn seeing how insane the execs would let him get.

I just noticed Groot on his shoulder

I didn't hate the Taserface part. I actually liked it.

Ego is probably the best villain the MCU has to offer.

>rocket creating himself his own personal sexbot in his room
>quill walks in
imagine him trying to explain himself out of that one

At least he's not pretending to be some kind of sex god. There's just not many girls his size.

Ego had that title for a whopping two months before Keaton blew every Marvel villain out of the water.
Honestly, Rocket would not have a hard time picking up chicks. Saving the galaxy twice would definitely make some panties drop.

Possible Starlin homage?

>Dat "If you don't love me now"
>Dat "You will never love me again" just after
>All these during the fighting

The soundtrack is used so incredibly well in these movies. Compare it to a movie like Suicide Squad which tries to do a similar thing, but just comes across as "HEY DO YOU KNOW THIS SONG? DON'T YOU LIKE THIS SONG?!"

>Possible Starlin homage?

Almost certainly.

Because they don't use the best, most well-known songs. Those would be just distracting. Next time we may hear some later stuff considering Peter got his hands on some of the new songs on his thingie.

>Nutted but shes still sucking

We haven't seen many furry raccoon-sized alien females in the galaxy. He really is lonely.

Any songs you guys would love to hear in the next movie? Personally, I really hope Everybody Wants to Rule the World is apart of the next soundtrack.

There should be some stuff from the 90s. Plenty to choose from for a sad scene and it doesn't have to be grunge.

Going by what Gunn already revealed about the movie...

>Adam Warlock and the Sovereigns will be the villains.
>The Ravager Commanders will be in secondary characters.
>The farewell movie for the current roster of the Guardians of the Galaxy.

So...

>1. "Holding Out for a Hero" - Bonnie Tyler
The Guardians' entrance song.

>2. "The Boys Are Back in Town" - Thin Lizzy
The Ravagers' song.

>3. "You May Be Right" - Billy Joel
Guardians VS. Ravagers song.

>4. "Hotel California" - Eagles
The Sovereigns' song.

>5. "Starman" - David Bowie
Adam Warlock's big entrance.

>6. "Waiting for a Girl Like You" - Foreigner
Love song for Star-Lord and Gamora.

>7. "Father Figure" - George Michael
Love song for Drax and Mantis.

>8. "Never Gonna Give You Up" - Rick Astley
For everyone that complains about "meme movie" to get even more triggered.

>9. "Walkin' on Sunshine" - Katrina and the Waves
"Everything is going to shit" moment.

>10. "Man in the Mirror" - Michael Jackson
Adam Warlock's inevitable redemption.

>11. "Another One Bites the Dust" - Queen
Final battle.

>12. "Stand By Me" - Ben E. King
Emotional finale of the battle.

>13. "(I've Had) The Time of My Life" - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes.
The Guardians' farewell.

The Guardians lineup changed in the second movie too so I wonder if he's saying that the core five is not going to be together after Volume 3.

I recall him saying that it'd be the last rodeo for Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot. Nebula is pretty much confirmed to die in "Infinity War".

>Vulture
>Loki
Nope. But it's one of the best indeed.

There's definitely gonna be some 90's songs on that Zune.
God, that farewell montage is gonna hurt.

>9. "Walkin' on Sunshine" - Katrina and the Waves
And then I'd be convinced that this was a Futurama live action all along.

It should be Star-Lord laying down his life for maximum gut punch. Plus he's the glue holding the team together.

They're not going to die. They can't. Not all of them at least. Perhaps after Thanos there won't be much left to do for Drax but it can't be over just yet. Perhaps they'll split.

He's always been adorable. He's also a tortured misfit, the only one of his kind and emotionally wrecked. Which only makes him cuter somehow, since you just want to comfort him and give him one moment of happiness in his miserable life.

Speaking of, does it bother anyone else that all the aliens are just different colored humans? I get that the studio doesn't want to spend too much money on the CG of random ayy lmaos, but it's kind of bizzare.

Rocket acts like there's no other aliens that even resemble him, when in reality there's probably a thousand other short, furry, sentient species out in space.

>>Gif names
Well done.

That's because most Marvel aliens are humanoids.
>Kree
>Skrull
>Shiar
>spartoi
>alpha centauri
At most you get scary looking/animal themed humanoids, but the amount of relevant weird looking aliens narrows down to the Brood.

They're so happy. This shows a difference in tone between the Guardians and Earth-based MCU movies. It's not just the location The Guardians are allowed to be more cartoony and it fits fantastically.

Thing is, the song to fit sequences has to be songs that aren't overused. Suicide Squad's entire soundtrack is stuff you can turn on the radio and hear that shit instantly. GOTG went in deep for more inspired choices. Hell, look at Baby Driver! It used Focus by Hocus Pocus and Blur's Intermission to amazing effect! You can't just slap a popular song to a scene, you gotta find the right scene to time things up! And that's what makes GOTG's soundtrack work, it goes deeper.

Not sure if he's the best but he's certainly up there. He's actually a somewhat memorable character.

The third movie should tell us more about his origins. He only mentioned it once. It's much better than to retcon his entire arc in the second movie to make him an asshole to his friends again.

And if they really feel the need to give him a waifu let's hope they don't do the obvious thing and kill her off. That would be the third movie in a row ending with him crying over loss. Enough of that.

Those are way too obvious choices. You guys gotta go deeper, like America's Horse with No Name or Bowie's Modern Love. If any of those songs are ones you heard on the radio recently, or in another film, then don't do it. That's just Suicide Squad again. Seriously , that list is fucking awful.

Why do people in the movies see Rocket as some disgusting, diseased rat when he's actually adorable as fuck?

Drax is most likely gonna die in Infinity War. You don't make the promise of Drax fighting Thanos and then not have it be a total fucking disaster.

>There's definitely gonna be some 90's songs on that Zune.
If that's the case, THIS should be the song for the trailer youtube.com/watch?v=XaGaZqMZbGM

Did anyone else think Kraglin was joining the Guardians? It surprised me he wasn't on the Infinity War trailer considering he called Peter "Captain" after Yondu's funeral.

Ordinary World by Duran Duran
Faith in You by Sting
Big Time by Peter Gabriel
Birdhouse in your Soul by They Might be Giants
I'm Still Standing by Elton John
Everything Counts in Large Amounts by Depeche Mode

>You don't make the promise of Drax fighting Thanos and then not have it be a total fucking disaster.
Everybody will fight Thanos. It's an easy promise to do and keep.
MCU Drax' beef was with Ronan, he was the one who killed his family, Drax merely took Thanos as his next target because he needed something to do. It's very different from the comics where he was genetically engineered to specifically kill Thanos, the link is just no the same and certainly not as strong.

I would recommend some mellow Alice in Chains song if they want something from the 90s but they seem to be a bit too existential.

Drax is gonna be one of the many heroes that are gonna get slaughtered during the movie only to be revived in the next Avengers. Quote me on this.

>Birdhouse in your Soul by They Might be Giants
I like that you brought them up, but Ana Ng is a better song for this film.

Because He is a small raccoon with a few human characteristics. He's pretty much designed to be fucking adorable even if he tries not to be.

I'm betting everybody but Star-Lord, Gamora, Groot, Iron Man, Cap, Strange and Carol will.

Gif guy, you got one of Groot throwing up when they come out of the hyperjump?

You act as if the first movie's soundtrack wasn't comprised mostly of famous tunes.

Which is why Thanos will likely kill Drax. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Drax is killed in front of Mantis.
I'm still don't get how people are so damn certain that Drax isn't going to be killed by Thanos. They made the promise of Drax fighting Thanos in GOTG 1. Just because you all think he's hilarious doesn't mean he'll survive. Like, that's comic books 101

To bully him. But other crew members treat him normally at least. Some dignity for the space rat.

I noticed a couple scenes where they made Rocket look especially cute. Sometimes artists make him look like a pokemon.

How the hell does Drax think he can take on Thanos when he got his shit completely rocked by Ronan? Seriously, movie Drax is such a bitch compared to comic Drax.

They're not going to kill him. Not permanently, at least.

Also, with Mantis in his life I think Drax has found new purpose.
He sought revenge because he had nothing else, but now he has a new family in the Guardians.

>no "Cosmic Dancer" for Quill's heroic sacrifice

Because there's no reason to kill Drax for real.
Drax is marketable, Bautista is cheap, you could kill him to improve Mantis character, but it'd be like shooting yourself in the foot because she isn't nearly as popular as Drax is. The only other reason would be shitty shock value which is a terrible reason to get rid of a character (see Quicksilver).

Outside Jackson 5, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Ooga Chacka and Oh Child, the music from that film isn't that prevalent. Hell, the entire sequel's soundtrack was made up of more unknown songs. You don't built a movie around famous tracks, you do tracks that fit the scenes, and wanting to have a final battle be built around Another One Bites the Dust? That's really fucking lazy! At least go to more obscure Queen stuff. Baby Driver had Brighton Rock as the climax music with the antagonist in this massive SUV slamming around a parking lot looking like a demon.
youtube.com/watch?v=BUt_7TQCWtU

If GOTG 2 and Baby Driver taught me anything, never go with the most popular songs to build movies around.

This is about the only time you see Rocket this happy when he's not hurting people. Lashing out at the hell that is his life is about the only thing he has.

But user he killed the Abilisk without anyone's help!

>he has a new family with the guardians
The scene where Rocket is crying and Drax starts comforting him cemented this. Drax is best dad, right next to Rocket and Yondu(sort of).

Because he's the only Uplifted animal they've seen. They see him as a lower life form and treat him accordingly, except for his very few friends.

I love how Rocket's entire character was
>i want quill senpai to notice me
And when he finally did Rocket proceeded to do stupid shit to make him go away because he fears getting close to other people. I actually related to him a little bit.

I'm sorry, but I'm genuinely baffled how you are so assured that Drax is going to survive Infinity Wars because people like him. We have the set up for Drax's fall. He wants to go after Thanos for giving Ronan the orders to kill his family. In fact, the tragic lesson is there, where Drax is so short sighted with meaningless revenge that he ignores his current family.
And saying that a story should be built around marketability is really fucking shallow. "People like Drax, so he'll survive". If that was true, then Game of Thrones would be out of business, or all the famous character deaths in shows and films.

I don't get how you can confidently say Drax is 100% safe when his death is pretty much foretold.

>Outside Jackson 5, Ain't No Mountain High Enough, Ooga Chacka and Oh Child

And Cherry Bomb.

And the Pina Colada song.

And even Spirit in the Sky.

Both approaches work.

At least they don't need to do anything with Groot. No subplot or anything. It's a very simple character.

Drax is pretty much Kratos. They added his friendship with Mantis which is good enough.

Gamora and Quill will always be the most important.
I like how Rocket is kind of in the middle of that. They should give him something important to do in the next sequel.

Because racoons are disgusting animals.

Because what you just described is what Nebula's character will be like in that movie. The whole set up you're talking about was heavily cemented at the end of Guardians two and not in a shitty "nod to the comics way" like Drax in the first movie.
It'd be retarded to do it twice at the same time in the same movie.

At least they're not possums

I'd probably throw Spidey in there too. I don't think they'd have the stones to kill off a 15 year old.

Shock value deaths are the fucking worst. One of the reasons I hate reading comics sometimes. I really hope they don't go the route of 'lets kill off all these heroes in rapid succession.'
Still, I feel like people are more likely to try and pet him than they are to insult him directly to his face.

Disney made an animatronic rocket. They can make him fuckable

nigger you can't even spell raccoon stfu

Well if your earliest memory is you being ripped apart and reasembled before escaping you gotta appreciate the fact that you end up being somewhat decent or having some degree of social skills.

Next time they need to give him opportunity for revenge. But I don't know how to tie it to the main plot.

CAN YOU NIGGERS STOP TALKING ANDNPOST SOME RACCON PLS??,?????????????

Because his death isn't foretold. You're the one fixated on the notion that an offhand remark is somehow hard-hitting evidence. Drax is not obsessed with killing Thanos. Thanos had nothing to do with his family's death. He's no more motivated or blinded than any other Guardian. He's not dying for real. Either plain survival or death followed by Gauntlet-induce ressurrection.

>I'd probably throw Spidey in there too
>"I failed you uncle tony"
I doubt so. MCU's Spidey is merely an ornament for Tony Stark, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if him "dying" becomes the drama switch for Iron Man.

ok

The thing I don't get is if the Infinity Gauntlet can just resurrect people, why would anybody die at all then?

He doesn't hang out with nice people. The sleazebag bars he goes to are full of assholes and drunk women who want to treat him as a pet, and he can't stand that because it makes him feel even worse about himself than he really does. What he wants is respect, and that's the one thing practically no one is willing to give him.

>Drax is pretty much Kratos
Drax fuckin' wishes he was Kratos

>why would anybody die at all then?
What do you mean?

People are assuming that a bunch of people are gonna die and then be resurrected, and Cap/Tony/whoever tf are gonna be the only permanent deaths, but what's stopping them from just bringing them back too?

Contracts.

That's Rocket from the future. Looks way mature.

Are you ready to see Star-Lord getting cucked in the next film?

Some of the early Rocket art was actually cuter than the final product.

No anthropomorphic expressions and some kind of collar that allows him to talk.