Recent purchases/shelf/shelves/

I thought Criminal was just okay. Anyone else read it?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/
cheap-comics.com
booksetc.com
archonia.com/comicshop/en/
speedyhen.com
bookdepository.com
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week
bleedingcool.com/2017/02/09/marvel-liquidiate-almost-fifty-omnibus-titles-comic-shops/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just got these this weekend I can post the description of each character that is on the back if you anons want, the Abe one is pretty funny

post away

Managed to find a copy of the over sized hardcover for Armies at MSRP, I wouldn't want to see the art at standard comic size.

And my shelf. Nothing new but I did buy Hellboy LE vol 1 for a friend as a thanks for letting me barrow Persepolis 1&2 for over a year and never asking me for it

1/4
My stuff: Part 1

2/4
My stuff: Part 2

3/4
My brother's stuff: Part 1

4/4
My brother's stuff: Part 2

Do any of you shelf anons collect graded comics?

Got these yesterday. I know, Doom Patrol, how original. Still, the Silver Age GL is amazing and with this Grell GA trade I'm only missing the last one to own the entire run so it's a great buy.

anyone /usagi/ here?

BPRD user, I want to start reading Mignolaverse stuff but I can only read physical, reading digital just doesn't do it for me. Should I start with BPRD or with the Hellboy stuff?

Every single thread people get told to use the fuckng template and every single time you guys ingnore it. Is i t really this hard?

I just picked up these at a bargain store, the hellboy books were 2 dollars and 3 dollars. I figured then that's as good excuse as any to finally get into hellboy.

I have no idea what seven psychopaths is but I flipped through the art and the title sounds cool and it cost 3 bucks so why not

How'd I do Sup Forums?

These look awesome! And yes, post the descriptions please

I don't know what it is. Post it for me, user.

Start with Hellboy, but honestly do whatever floats your boat

You can read either series individually just fine but I personally I like Hellboy more, just because of the stuff he runs into in his journey and the end of his journey is great. BPRD is great to and the character development is cool to see from plague of frogs to Hell on Earth. BPRD seems more action packed and more bloody and you get to see what BPRD agents go through and more of the human element to the end of the world.

You did good user...you did good. Damn I wish I was that lucky. And does 7 psychopaths have anything to do with the movie of the same name?

This one makes me happy

Last one

it was literally, literally posted in the last thread. why are you this fucking dumb?

Post your shelves, recent purchases/hauls, news about buying comics and any upcoming stuff.

Don't know where to buy? Try these:
amazon.com/
instocktrades.com/
[your local comic shop here]

Are you Euro or UK and don't know where you buy? Try these:
cheap-comics.com (EU)
booksetc.com (EU)
archonia.com/comicshop/en/ (EU)
speedyhen.com (UK)
bookdepository.com (free worldwide shipping but known to manhandle books)

New list of things out next week:
comiclist.com/index.php/newreleases/next-week

You ok user? Been a stressful week?

Cheers mate, these are awesome!

Any good Frankenstein comics (superhero or just straight horror)?

All that comes to mind is Frankenstein: Agent of Shade, his appearance in Seven Soldiers, and Frankenstein Underground. Also Wrightson's rework of the original novel.

Is Agent of Shade good?

It's ok, didn't last long enough.

>gets asked to post the template
>posts template
are you dumb or something?

Because nobody but you actually cares.

So, Hellboy is over?

I mentioned it for the first time so that's at the very least one more than me complaining.

just arrived

War of Kings omni is lying on my nightstand

>use the fuckng template and every single time you guys ingnore it. Is i t really this hard

>oh...okay user..please post...

>OH FOR FUCKS SAKE, HERE IT IS OKAY? YOU DUMB FUCKING SHIT. FUCK YOU. FUCK EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU

>hey user, you ok?

>NOW THIS FUCKING ASSHOLE, FUCK YOU TOO

no pal, im not dumb, however I am perplexed. Did you just quit smoking or something? maybe you should not have. Dont worry, youll probably just tell that throat cancer its a dumb fuck and it will go away like the tough guy you are lmao

Been getting some webcomic collections lately. Scurry, the Erma prequel which was unfortunately disappointing and Lackadaisy. Getting the Beartato collection soon, one for me and one for my brother's x-mas present. Anyone here have some recommendations?

>
To the user with the big Dredd collection from last thread, Is that the Dredd costume from XCoser? How's the visibility on the helmet visor? And is the actual costume any good? It looks pretty good in pictures, but at only 300 bucks for everything, I'm nervous that it won't be very durable at all.

Man, that is one thicc Crisis on IE book. My softcover is so much thinner. Does it include more of the event? If so I'll have to get that version.

So, here is mine, in somewhat low res.

>Ignore the PS3 games. Everything right of Superboy and Tohsaka is my younger brothers shit and the 'family games'.

I cut out the Star Wars shelf as I'm slowly selling it all off. My collection is pretty small, but work

-working on only buying stuff I will re-read.

Kind of, his story is over but they are still making back stories to show more about his past and early life with the bprd

did you grab space mullet

boohoo its so hard to remember to go to InstockTrades or Amazon

top two drawers of the filing cabinet are filled with floppies. the bottom two are filled with normal books

would you recommend ultimate fantastic four?

Yeah! Ive only read from that series what I have on my shelves, but its been really good. They are all teens, just like with Ultimate Spider-man. Doom is at the same school Johnny, Reed, and Sue go to. Ben is Reeds old neighbor that is a pilot for the ship Reed and Sue build. they go into the negative zone and get powers. Doom is at their school too

Ive never actually read any FF before, and it seems like that was a good place to start. I'm not sure where to begin with other stuff since there seems to be a lot of FF stuff out there

Anyone here have the legendary comic book heroes figure line? How's their quality? I was thinking of getting Panda Delgado and maybe one or two others.

Cool Cloak and Dagger posters

The jacket, trousers, vest, shoulderpads, boots and gloves are all from leathernext. The helmet is from bawzprops because he purchased the moulds used for the film and it's as accurate as you can get.
So far its cost me about £1400/$1800 and it's not yet finished

The vest and shoulders on the xcoser don't look great, but rest is pretty good for the price.
If you wanted to, you could always upgrade the xcoser vest later to something more accurate as everything else is good.

How is Meanwhile? Is it readable? I really like Demon by Shiga, but I'm not sure how well a choose-your-own-adventure comic would work.

yes it includes The History of the DC Universe, which is roughly another 100 pages, plus the paper is this rough cut, similar to newspaper style one, which is a bit thicker.

the template is for new people coming here because in every single thread you have someone asking where to buy comics.

Good old FINNBY

god you think with threads like this it would be easier to get rid of the stuff your pruning off your shelves.

>literally everything on bawzprops is sold out.
Oh geeze. And thanks, your costume looks pretty great. And full leather, it's definitely worth the money. I'll hold off on XCoser for a little while longer. Good thing I didn't jump the gun when I saw the price, I'll need to think on it more.

I've been wanting to get more into cosplay for the longest time. My budget right now is about a thousand burgers, but I can inflate it a bit if I just take longer. And I quite honestly still haven't decided if I want a Dredd costume, a colonial marine costume, or if I should just dive right in and try to make a classic Dredd costume.

>and try to make a classic Dredd costume.
classic comic or classic movie?

Thanks, I have vol. 1 of that series, just havent read it yet...I also want to get into the original Kirby fantastic four..I need to buy vol 1 of the omnibus soon

Classic comic. I sculpt a lot of toys and garage kits, so I'm fairly confident in my ability to make the eagle and then cast it in lightweight resin while the other shoulder pad along with the knee and elbow pads look pretty easy with just EVA foam. Plenty of replica badges and lawgivers out there, so my only real concern is finding good boots, gloves, and belt.

>I need to buy vol 1 of the omnibus soon
you better, since Marvel had a cleaning sale with them and a few others so you better get them soon.

>literally everything on bawzprops is sold out.
He set it that way while he's remaking some moulds and training some people up, they should go back on sale soon™

Join "The JUDGE DREDD Costume Group" on FB if you have it, it has resources showing how to make/purchase most of the costume pieces at a range of price and accuracy.

I want this one someday, the shoulder-pieces are fantastic.

Went to a new LCS to buy tickets for a con in September because Simon fucking Bisley is coming and saw they had the Brendan McCarthy Collection so I bought it on the spot. To be honest it's not the best collection ever, the repros are kinda shit in some points and some are missing colors, but it's still nice to have stuff like the Oz pages or Riders in the Storm in big huge size.

Godspeed, man.

>Join "The JUDGE DREDD Costume Group" on FB if you have it
I will do just that, thanks. I'm just really getting into it now, so I know I have ton of research ahead of me no matter what direction I go.

Noice

Aha, I see. thanks user.

>foxtrot
my man

what'd those sandman books run you

How's Henchgirl?

I'll keep that one, thanks

thanks dude. They are my favorites

its okay. I got it at a book fair for $1 and I recognized his art style from Nickelodeon Magazine. Its a good way to kill 10 minutes. I definitely wouldnt buy it for anything more than $3. Its a cool concept but in the end, if I ever meet a kid who likes comics, i'd probably give it to him as a gift.

what is FINNBY?

what? Where can I find this?

Foxtrot is the best! Newspaper comics have a special place in my heart, since that was something my grandma and I would always do when I went to her house. She actually got me into comic books. I have about two dozen of the Garfield collections in a box somewhere because I cant bear to get rid of them.

>Orc Stain
Fucking awesome

I almost bought this when my LCS went out of business. Went with Retroworld and Throne of Ice instead. Should have gotten Armies instead of Throne of Ice, which isn't a BAD comic, it's a very different style of storytelling but I really didn't get into it until the last quarter of the book

Nice on nearly completing that GA run. I'm working on it too

>what is FINNBY?
your shelf looks suspiciously like a FINNBY from IKEA.

>what? Where can I find this?
The sale is pretty much over. They wanted to get rid of stocked items and I'm not sure if they'll ever reprint them, what with the way they're handling the Fantastic Four IP.
A lot of American comic shops and online sellers participated in it, hardly anyone from Europe, dunno where to look if you're American, but cheap-comics.com had them still stocked for relatively cheap last time I checked. I got mine from them for €130 I think (all 3 that is).
According to amazon.com vol 1 and 2 are already OOP and go for over a hundred dollaridoos from 2nd market sellers.
Checked cheap-comics now, still in stock but not to those outrageously low prices any more. Maybe check ebay?

These all arrived today.

oh and I forgot to link to this:
bleedingcool.com/2017/02/09/marvel-liquidiate-almost-fifty-omnibus-titles-comic-shops/

apparently IST/cheapgraphicnovels only have Fantastic Four Omni vol 2 left, the rest seems to be sold out.

Extremely solid choices, damn, that artist edition of Enemy Ace...
What's that big one on top between Enemy Ace and Big Guy?

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Nemo Boxset.

>Criminal
I find all Bru's crime stuff boring and samey. On top of that art is all so muddy and dull.
I can't think of a crime comic that holds a candle to the best prose crime fiction.

>I can't think of a crime comic that holds a candle to the best prose crime fiction
You forgot to say what it is you think is best, but you are, of course, talking about Raymond Chandler if you mean any kind of crime fiction, right?

That is EXACTLY who I was talking about, actually.

good lad
no reaction image of Raymond Chandler smiling because there is no photo of him smiling

I got the four on the left today, the rest are last month's purchases.
How did I do Sup Forums?

>Captain Marvel
>Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur
is that a trick question?

You're a fan too?

Please tell me you took this from a haul thread on Reddit or something

...at least you ended up with one good book with Thanos..but user, why do you do this to yourself?