Why has Beth turned to such a shitty person since the first season. She used to be hyper motivated family leader type...

Why has Beth turned to such a shitty person since the first season. She used to be hyper motivated family leader type. Now she's kicked Jerry out and maliciously insults her kids every episode.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tJ28XJOoSLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Beth has always been shit.

Rick came back into her life. Why the fuck do you think?

Beth has always sucked, but now she's a focus which no one wants.

She saw she would be unhappy without Jerry in Interdiminsional TV 1, Why did they not work it out? WTF are the writers thinking making them divorce after they showed how unhappy they were even though they were both extremely successful?

Beth always been kind of a shitty person, Rick coming back into her life just made her even worse.

You can clearly see the resemblement to her father with the same booze addiction and uncaring attitude.

Because she is under Rick's thumb. They're just following where first episode ended.

Mad Max episode. Didn't even notice until now that the whole episode was 4 different stories of the 4 family members coming interms with Jerry moving away. The episode starts with everyone ignoring or calling him a sack of shit, and then they reflect upon Jerry not having, what? Spine, balls, honesty, dignity, principality? Jerry is moving away because he believes Rick is dangerous. Morty knows that, and so does the audience. Summer thinks Rick is cool and Beth has father issues.

The audience knows Rick is Griffith and that the Eclipse is coming. I think Morty is supposed to convey this, but its getting drowned out, since the focus is on all of them and not just him. Summer is written like shit, because she thinks Rick is cool, so she does cool stuff with him, which is why she is Poochie. Beth is being prepared for the Eclipse. Her character isn't going through changes or revealing us anything that we didn't already knew.

The Pickle episode. The whole episode is about the therapy, the pickle is unimportant. The pickle is there to give you what you expect from R&M. The therapy is purely plot, and pointless. Everything that needed to be convey'd already happened within the garage. The whole episode exists for the last monologue, foreshadowing the end.

>Rick is omnipotent
>Rick cannot go back
>Rick makes bad choices

Also, isn't she still unemployed because of the super horse medicine?

i completely forgot about this, but they'll probably realize they're unhappy without eachother and get back together by the end of the season

Since she was abandoned by rick in her early years, this doesnt excuse her behavior now.
But after the divorce she went full bitch mode because she cant habe everything she dreams of. She blames the issues on her kids instead of Rick because she doesnt want daddy to leave again.
You saw how much she drinks too, well she now is taking that and rick's personality of nothing really matters so who gives a fuck. While in the grandsceam of things nothing matters the little things do for the little people.

>Rick is Griffith
I had zero interest in the new season of Rick and Morty until I read those 3 words.

>She used to be hyper motivated family leader type.
Fucking when? The only thing she ever had up over Jerry was that she had a job.

What on earth are you talking about? Beth was a cunt since the pilot.

The Beth you are thinking of is from a different dimension, they took the place of another Rick where their Beth was a huge cunt.

I think the Gromflomites took all their tech with them when they left.

She was never that.
She only seemed that way to you because the Smith family is pretty distant.
Her interaction was mainly Jerry and being the dominant one within that relationship.
Her "high motivation" was usually just insecurity causing her to overcompensate.

So she was never that character but compared to Jerry she seemed like a stable person, with him out of the picture she's just a shit.

Rick's going to fuck Beth, he warned Morty already

>Why did they not work it out?
Because ultimately, Beth puts Rick above all else.

You know very well that the kids are just gonna walk all over Jerry because he can't handle them on his own. They acknowledge him as their father, but there is little to no respect for him beyond that.

Speaking of which, when is someone going to tell this Beth that the Rick and Morty she's been treating as family aren't even her Rick and Morty?

did they show any dimensions where beth and jerry got together, had kids and then divorced?

because I only remember seeing them not hook up in the first place and every version that didn't was miserable.

A: they end up unhappy either way
B: what they saw was fake to make them cling for a few more important moments so Rick could do what he wanted
C: by viewing the other realities they have poisoned their minds and try both to get what they're not and still be together
D: Rick hates the idea of him happy so he just dicking with Jerry by taking what makes him happy

Yes, but the horses took MEDICINE that made them healthy and live FOREVER. The effects may not carry over to their children, but for now, there's an extreme lack of a need for horse surgeons for the next few years.

>women can do no wrong!

When are cartoons going to stop with this nonsense?

Whatcha talkin about?

Because she's her father's daughter or some shit. Rick is a depressed cynical alcoholic so logically Beth must at least partially be a depressed cynical alcoholic.

I think this is the writers' attempt to give her a "character" since she was the most boring family member in the first two seasons.

The writers have stated from Season 1 that they think Beth is the biggest asshole in the show

go back to Sup Forums

Except Beth has done many things wrong.

Maybe they need to keep taking them.
Also their weird calendar, all the horses could've retroactively become older.

none of the characters are fun anymore

Rick came back and she puts her father above everything else. He's an asshole so she's gotten progressively worse. Jerry is right that Rick is a cancer on the family. Beth is too much of a bitch and daddy's girl to see that though.

She was already established to be a drunk that hated her life in season 1.

Jerry was the friendly one that treated his family better.

She has unresolved daddy issues. Maybe if she and Rick fucked the void would finally be filled.

Im surprised this show didnt show rape yet

Jelly bean raped morty and rick raped 1000 people while they were unity.

I hope the season ends with Beth realising how toxic Rick is, taking back Jerry and kicking Rick out and Rick kidnapping Morty through a portal and Season 4 is just the 2 of them hoping around and adventuring without the family.

I hope Jerry doesnt go back to that bitch like a cuck

The obvi. problem with infinite parallel universes is that if only 1 rick decides to visit a different universe an infinite number of ricks decide to do the same thing on the same universe.
He would cause a Domino effect that would destroy everything.
Rick and morty is not possible

Rick's getting ready to turn his family into mind-slaves and catamites

>catamites
oh baby

>Rick and Morty is not possible
Was it autism?

Its a cartoon. But if it were possible to jump into different universes and you fucked something up, what would happen? Check out the Mandela effect and how CERN or Quantum computing has fucked up shit. Think about how many people you remember were in the car with JFK when he got JFK'd, then actually go look it up. It will blow your mind if you are from C-135 universe.

All Ricks are not equal. Do you even watch the show?

This how retarded browsing /x/ will make someone

Its weird. The female writers clearly hate jerry and thats why they made the loser joke with the wind. But then they make beth even worse than him.
I would like to believe they are making them both assholes to keep the theme of the show about both of them being shit,but i doubt they are smart enough to do that.

....i've never thought about the unity thing that way.....wew

i dont understand how people can get invested in these one note comedy characters on a dramatic level. I feel like i'm watching the family guy episodes that swerve from cutaway gags to try to have serious business talks about serious issues.

"wow rick's adventures have detrimental side effects on the family" has been a joke since season 1, the joke never really goes farther than that and now it's taking up massive amounts of screen time. Jerry and Beth's marriage was an unfunny waste of time as soon as they stopped getting involved in the comedic elements, and this is an unfunny waste of time now that it has largely been divorced from the comedic parts of the show. it slows the show down and with the comedy of the show being as hit and miss as it is, slowing the show down just means less laughs. seriously, the most recent episode had the therapy scenes that relied on you laughing at the phrase "eating poop" and nothing more because they got clogged up rehashing character dynamics that we are already well aware of. It's shit television and the only way i think you could actually be engaged with it is if you are just absolutely blown away at a show saying "WOW THIS SITCOM IS DEEPER THAN IT SEEMS" which is just banal surface level novelty.

Can't wait for him to use his Crimson Behelit.
youtube.com/watch?v=tJ28XJOoSLc

Or they're trying to twll the same story of a woman tyring to earn her fathers approval that's been going on since season one.

>hurr lul no female writers just hate everything lul

Kys

The TV showed that they would be unhappy if they never got together to begin with, but that doesn't mean they're going to be happy together in the long run at all. It just means that they'd be even worse off as a starting point if they'd never gotten together to begin with.

It was never going to be a healthy relationship.

I refuse to believe Jerry wouldn't have been happier at some point with Beth. The problem is that the Jerry in ITV1 was still a fuck up who thought he needed her when he really didn't, he would have realized that too had he spent several years worth of time being actually married to her

without*

??????

this

"I'm from a universe where Beth remarried" guy.

Because, if you dont keep your bitch in check, she becomes a massive cunt.

Thats where Jerry fucked up.

>Why did they give the characters development?
You morons don't know what you want.

Recon she'd care? I mean shit, Rick was cut up over Bird Person and that wasn't even his original, so I'm pretty certain she could learn to get over it.

Are you really that retarded? Beth and Summer do a lot of wrong and the show acknowledges it.

Alcoholics that don't deal with their personal problems are shit people, it just takes a second to notice.

Yeah but I don't think we ever saw the Jerry or Beth from that universe, just the new husband. HE was peppy and happy but that doesn't mean either Beth or Jerry are.

>She used to be hyper motivated family leader type
rewatch the first season

People aren't complaining about the fact that development happened. OP's question is about why Beth turned into an asshole, which is a fair question.

People are upset now that the cunt has finally shown its teeth?

Spoiler Alert: This is the real Beth. She's a cunt. She's always been a cunt.

Spoiler Alert: All parents loathe their kids and shit talk about you behind your backs to their co-workers and friends.

Life's a bitch; everyone rather back stab you than help you, and death is inevitable.

????
beth literally ended the last season shooting a guy, and it getting "serious" and having him hobble around on a cane.

I'd like to see the evidence pointing to her not having always been an asshole.

Wasn't Morty raped by the Jellybean guy in season 1?

I'm pretty sure that was one of the first times Rick showed any even vaguely legitimate empathy toward morty. Or at least he helped him get revenge, which is probably close enough.

She's always been a horrible cunt.

Mr.Jelly bean tried to rape Morty but failed.