Does anyone think that comics and cartoon should be split into separate boards?

The two sides rarely interact with each other and as for a person like me , who is into cartoons and not so much comics, i end up seeing half the threads out of my interest, and i cant help but feel someone who enjoys comics feel the same way about cartoons.What do you think Sup Forums?

Comics side here, I agree. Banish all live action to Sup Forums as well.

all cartoons have comics made about them
you'll be going to both boards anyway

You mean to where it should have been to begin with? i agree .

Tbf however when this board was created years ago comics kinda WERE associated with cartoons , but at this point in our media landscape comics are closer to Live action than cartoons.

Still Sup Forums should stay at Sup Forums and not come here.

I don't doubt you , but this is also a case of content as well as topics of interest. I would rather see 10 pages of cartoon content and 10 pages of comic content rather than see them both fight for front page.

Threads about cartoon comic tie-ins happen about three times a year

>when Sup Forums is so bad people resort to discussing cartoons on /trash/

Too much overlap in topics, not enough differences to warrant a split.

They hardly fight for attention. Most threads die more due to a lack of activity, not necessarily because another thread pushed it to archive. Sup Forums is just relatively slow. As an aside, only retards browse the threads in paged format. Catalog's where it's at.

Blame the mods.

No, just move Sup Forums to Sup Forums and Sup Forums bait threads to Sup Forums or /lgbt/ or wherever.

>Blame the mods

I always do. I actually made a thread saying what would people do if they were mods and i got deleted,which sucks cause it seems like we would be better off with no mods than our current team.

Generals are cancer, let them rot on /trash/ forever. The only discussion going on in those threads is which girl characters should fuck, or whatever fetish inflation poster comes around.

>cartoon only board
you'd just end up with 3 pages of threads about the same cartoon

As someone who likes comics and cartoons I wouldn't like a split. But if it did happen, the comic board should not allow Sup Forums threads.

If a split was made, then you'd just get two slower boards which is ok seeing as Sup Forums is already one of the most active. But gook wants his precious ad money, so he'd be better served making a capeshit containment board that instantly becomes one of the most popular boards on the site.

>Sup Forums is already one of the most active
No.

Sup Forums is only a slow board when compared directly to Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums.

Wasn't it like the 6th fastest board last time someone checked?

>The only discussion going on in those threads is which girl characters should fuck, or whatever fetish inflation poster comes around.
So you're implying that it's no different than Sup Forums with waifufagging and fetish posters.

>Does anyone think that comics and cartoon should be split into separate boards?
Yes, just like Sup Forums was split into manga and anime boards.
Or maybe you could grow the fuck up and ignore what doesn't interest you.

I agree with this.

No, but i think you should be shot dead.

But I'll tell you what. How about we split AND merge Sup Forums and Sup Forums both, creating /com/ - Comics and Manga and /ani/ - Animation ?

I'm only suggesting this because the splitter faggots are always inevitably cartoonfags and it would sear their rectums to have to share a board with moeniggers

This is already a comics board in all but name, though. Cartoons get little original discussion.

I like capeshit. I like being able to talk about both cartoons and comics of specific capeshit in the one thread. I imagine that fans of other things with both comics and cartoons about them feel the same way.

I also like being able to discuss non-superhero comic and cartoon media and Capeshit on the same board

Nah.

We do need a containment "/cog/ - Cartoons & Comics General" though.

No, we need a containment board for whiny faggots

We can call it /10/ because that's how many Sup Forums clones we have now

Good. Let them stay there.
Rick and Morty should be next.

The best thing about Sup Forums are the storytimes and discussions surrounding more obscure comics that introduce people to them.
The worst things about Sup Forums are cartoonfags and Sup Forums crossoboarders shitting up everything with their cancer and whatever meme of the week they are trying to force.

Part of me wants to think that the mods have actively ignored our pleas for years to banish discussion of the live action adaptations, because that's the biggest cancer that destroyed this place. I'm not sure why, maybe they just hate this board and/or don't give a fuck, but when I think it through I just can't come up with a reason why they wouldn't comply with this. It completely destroyed the community that was here before the Marvel movies really took off.

We had this conversation for fucking years. We're not going to separate. The End.

Generals are indeed cancer.

There's two threads with Pickle Rick on there

I used to be against this idea. But after several years of continuous cartoon generals, I'm eagerly in favor of a split. The sooner it can happen, the better. I don't think I can deal with Frozen 2.

You're a fucking moron, and the only reason why this is even worth indulging is because if that isn't pointed out idiots might think it's an idea to go along with.
The site is bigger thab your personal interest and if you've actually been here long enough you'd see how each "side" regularly influences and reflects on one another.

The separation of anime and cartoons and manga and comics does more harm than good. Ideally we'd have three boards: capeshit, animation, and comics.