Go to Hell Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/sh/smdxc9g81qbh6f0/AABZXSc7iBicULFrtw7pKu58a?dl=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fucking internet. I get a post from my phone and now I can't storytime

You tried, OP.

>comics should never do social commentary

Such a good arc for an introduction

Thanks man, when I get this working I'll take over.

I like how the trade of this has ten fucking issues, even with this first one being 40 pages, and includes the fantastic crossover with Swamp Thing.

...the first one?

It has lower quality paper that degrades faster but it makes the colors look better IMO and just feels better in your hand than glossy pages.

>Why does Constantine complain about the Conservative Party in Hellblazer: Rebirth? It's not like he's from Liverpool or anything.

Any time.

I think he means the first arc just happens to be one of the best in the run.

I never read this until last year, but I have memories from as long as I can remember of seeing the incredible covers in the store.

Sweet, never read Hellblazer before.

Prepare to add a new favorite character to your list.

How far have you gotten into the series? It's quite a long adventure

Jamie Delano is so far up his own fucking ass, call me when you get to Ennis or Stewart.

John reminds me of various scummy people I've known, who basically try to take shortcuts in life wherever possible and have little longterm foresight. It's just instead of various scams, favors, and thievery, he uses actual fucking magic.

All of Delano's run, haven't read any past that.

Mind elaborating?

Read Ennis, and then skip over to Ellis' short run and pretend there's nothing else.

>captcha: calle Berlin
Fucking Nazi hackers

Thanks user. I'm a big Ellis fan. Have been meaning to give more of Ennis' work a try.

Not the same poster, but maybe he means that Delano has a whole lot more gothy poetry type of stuff.
Me, I'm not totally against it as sometimes I think it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's just a different style that's not 100% my thing. I haven't read all of Hellblazer, but from what I have read my favorite runs are all Ennis.

I was a pretentious Moore/Gaiman fan in high school and I still have a love of dark shit with puffy prose, but Delano is probably not quite up there with those guys. Or at least, not with Moore.

Papa Midnite reminds me of the voodoo zombie gang from Ostrander Suicide Squad

if only the rest of the art was as good as the cover

I do have to be going after this issue, though I'll be back in about two hours, so hopefully OP will return but if not I might finish out the arc.

I will say I hate when trades don't have the covers between the issues and just put them in a gallery.

I know it'd probably be slightly more expensive but in a perfect world they'd have the covers how they were printed between the issues, with the gallery being all the unlettered covers.

I wonder why Eddie Campbell bailed after three issues, leaving Paul Jenkins to take over after Ennis finished up.

Looking forward to it.

And that's it for now.

dropbox.com/sh/smdxc9g81qbh6f0/AABZXSc7iBicULFrtw7pKu58a?dl=0

No it's not!
Do the new trades omit the covers between issues?

The covers are in a gallery sadly.

Oh yeah, his ghost pals

>Sup Forums claims to be into Hellblazer
>Hellblazer gets storytimed
>zero discussion.

That is a shame, and weird because the Lucifer reprints from around the same time had the covers in the right place, and without text. Someone recently ripped those books, so we now have HD blank covers.

You would think there would be more, because Hellblazer is rarely storytimed (due to total length).
We are lucky to get a monthly Hellblazer general thread going

>Leathermen in the closet

Heh

This arc was adapted into the TV show, but was sanitized

>Swamp Thing references

Delano's run in Hellblazer is better than Ennis IMO. Milligan's wasn't bad either.

I gotta remember that joke.

Hands up if you saw this coming

The show changed it so that it was HIS choice to become the vessel.

Like Texas, I have to run after this issue.
The next one contains "Make Britain Great Again!" and Demon Yuppies

Brutal.

The end until Ulti gets back

Heavy shit.

Man, John can never catch a break on his friends.
Anyway, Enjoyed it.

Thanks. First time reading, and John seems a lot more vulnerable than I expected. Definitely left me with a desire for more.

Bump

Hey look, Thatcher-Demon on that cover

Limited commentary on the social commentary from me, I'm not re-reading this right now

Delano is far better than Ennis

It's hours later, but who's Stewart? Cameron Stewart? He only drew two issues of Azzarello's run