New Comic Harley loves Joker-BCool

>Bleeding Cool understands that DC Comics is going to publish a new Harley Quinn monthly comic book called Harley Loves Joker. With Jimmy Palmiotti and Bruce Dini, it will follow in the Batman Animated Series style and attitude that has recently appeared in the Harley Loves Joker back-up strips in the current Harley Quinn twice-monthly comic book, running the character’s twenty-fifth anniversary in Harley Quinn #25 out tomorrow.

>After which point, the back-up strips, now it will graduate to a regular book of its very own… with Palmiotti, Dini, and probably with Bret Blevins too.

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/35600-sdcc-2017-bruce-timm-spotlight-panel.html
yahoo.com/tv/harley-quinn-poison-ivy-batman-animated-series-155135937.html
complex.com/pop-culture/2016/08/harley-quinn-oral-history
twitter.com/Paul_Dini/status/788787843149602816
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Bruce Dini
Whoa, they fusion danced!

So is Tumblr going to burn down DC for this or what?

Top kek, dubs confirm

>& Jimmy Palmiotti
Good god, why?

Thats great news. I love those two in that art style.

tumblr BTFO Will Harlivy shippers ever recover?

Does this mean we don't have any reason to read the main Harley book now?

>i like being abused by criminals
Cool.

So DC gets to have its cake and eat it too
well at least I get my Joker ongoing

unless you like nu harley and poop jokes

I wanna see the Joker without pants

and now Joker is back with harley
What type of cruel fate is dc weaving

To keep continuity straight with the main book? kek.

Maybe he is just art and not writing. No Connor writing makes this already better looking than the current book.

We get this but not Dick/Babs story

Palmiotti is writing too, this is basically the backups but in full format instead of 6 or so pages

Then who is art? Dini?

>a new Batbook by Dini is coming
That's all I need to know to be excited.

Bret Blevins

>Bleeding Cool understands
leave now

I was kind of hoping the secondary stories would get their own trade. They're certainly better than the main book thats for sure

DC makes fags believe Palmiotti and Dini are best buddies, it's a way of promoting the book among nu Harley fags and avoiding their plain rejection. DC wants to keep both types of readers and doesn't want people to think Dini is replacing Palmiotti though this is what is happening since Harley Quinn probably will be published in the Detective comics week instead of its usual schedule

Oh well what a shit article for not mentioning him. I saw them team name and naturally assumed it was a writer/artist team.

What DC fails to understand (or plain ignore) is that nobody would be mad or reject the idea of Dini replacing Palmiotti since most people are tired of him.

Certain Ivy fags are going to be angry

Why would they be mad? Certainly this is gonna play at their favor. In any case Dini Is also writing Harley/Ivy meets Betty/Veronica

But he doesn't write them as gays

Well this is awesome.

It's interesting, it has been a year since Suicide Squad but DC is still trying to milk the cow Harley Quinn and batman and this one at the same time

They didn't burn DC down when White Knight was announced and there're many Joker/Harley shippers on tumblr because of the film

Bruce Timm + Paul Dini = The Ultimate Being?

Dickbabs is terrible.

There are a couple really autistic ivyfags.
Even got mad that Frost "stole" her redemption slot.

We get this before
>Shazam
>Booster Gold
>Jonah Hex/All-Star Western
>The Brave and the Bold
>Plastic Man

Just fuck my shit up, DC.

>All literal who's
Yea why would they do that?

The ivyleague doesn't ship poison/quinn. They legitimately think getting Ivy 'out of Harleys shadow' would lead to anybody giving a shit about Ivy.
They Poison/Quinn shippers are your run of the mill yuri fan boys and actual lesbians. Who, however vocal, are nowhere near as diehard as Ivy fans.

I just wanna read there rise and down fall desu
Mostly the down fall

>joker and harley
>dini

MORE MONEY FOR DC

And NuHarley will still sell well without it.

we have a green lantern title what are you talking about

>being this new

Dude what
Shazam is high A tier booster is mid b tier

Fuck I mean low A tier.

Awesome, I won't have to read throught the shitty Harley book now.

>high A tier
what the fuck is wrong with you?

I meant to say low A tier.

what the fuck is wrong with you?

tricked

Are you saying he is high B?

DC giving the fans what they want

and character development marches backwards into hell once more

>still no JSA

What character development?

Yeah, what development? Palmiotti hasn't developed the character at all

Harley developed into a bisexual with several partners though Palmiotti pushed Red Tool as her love interest since the only real plot in Harley Quinn involved Red Tool's story.

No thanks user, they can keep the "development"

But Harley has always been Bisexual, it's just that it's was only between Joker and Ivy. Nothing changed

I don't want to believe you're stupid so let's say you need to read old things cause Harley was never Bisexual until recent years

Dude, even in her old ongoing it had hints and subtext about her relationship with Ivy. Really, Harley's bisexuality isn't nothing new

Sexual gags never made her and Ivy romantically involved

Are you implying that having sex with someone of the same sex isn't gay? If so then wew. They weren't romantically involved but there still were hints that Harley and Ivy's friendship is more that meets the eye

>Harlvy began in comics, in the TV show they were friends, they didn't have a romantic relationship, at that time the writer didn't think a parody of Thelma and Louis could be understood as a lesbian relationship in a show for kids.

>Harley was born in 1992.
>The first fanservice happened in a parody/crossover in 2002 and it was a slight oneside thing.
>Paul Dini wrote a famous joke about Ivy/Harley saying in a subtle way the ship is crack. in 2001.
>In canon Harley has never been a lesbian.

>Harley Quinn in N52(2013) or Rebirth (2016) is not canon
>bombshells is not canon and every single girl there is gay too.
>Injustice is not canon and they buried the ship there anyway.

I don't have all their comics at hand so maybe you're referring to something specific I'm missing, but my point was that their meetings were sexualized because they're two hot chicks hanging around together, not because the writers intended them as a sexual or romantic couple, which is what people care about. It's like what Harley says in that one comic, are Supergirl and Batgirl also lesbians if being in the same room is all it takes?

>In the old things like TAS they weren't leaving clues, I know you hadn't been born yet but back then they didn't have homosexual subtext.

>Bruce Timm said in an interview the last months Harlivy is a headcanon.

>Paul Dini has said many things but they asked him on twitter and he said they weren't supposed to be in a relationship. They were friends.

What are you trying to prove here?. If anything that prove that user was wrong and Harley's Bisexuality is nothing new

Wait, this turned into a Harley/Ivy discussion now?. I was only saying that Harley being Bisexual is nothing new since like user pointed out here , it's been with her since at least 2002

CONFIRMED!

From the same sauce site.

And this happened less than 5 times if I remember rightly.

no, Ivy was the oneside thing. Dini considered the ship an impossible silly thing. Maybe I wasn't clear.

and this one was an isolated case in a parody/crossover with the Mask

Like you said, Dini has said many things but I don't think he has ever ruled out the possibility of Harley/Ivy being in a relationship. He just goes with whatever with please the audience

You shouldn't try to defend Harley's bisexuality as something old, you're going to lose cause honestly she wasn't bisexual, what happened in 2002 was Ivy being fanservice for a moment.

well, how many times has Dini written Harley and Ivy as a pairing?

Never.

It simply never happened.

I meant

>Bruce Timm said Harlivy is a headcanon but not his headcanon

It is an old thing, there were hints in the Harley old ongoing (check out issue #13), in the Harley/Ivy mini, in the Batgirl Adventures One-shot, in the Sirens book. I don't know where you got the idea that Harley was never bisexual in the past

There's that Love is Love story that he wrote, but yeah Dini have been all words and zero action when it comes to them

He also recently said that Joker never loved Harley and to him she was a toy, what's your point?

she wasn't supposed to be lesbian and both creators agreed

He did? Link?

Show me sources, I can show you a couple of them where Dini says that he always saw Harley and Ivy in a relationship, and that then being in one felt natural.

>old ongoing #13

you're problem is that you don't know what friendship is.

>Harley/Ivy mini

They weren't gay there.

>Batgirl adventures

You mean where Dini wrote Harley/Ivy was crack and ridiculous.

>Sirens

You mean the last arc that wasn't written by Dini and was released in 2011 when N52 was beginning, that one where Harley took advantage of Ivy's oneside thing in order to be with Joker, cause she really loved Joker

SDCC Bruce Timm Spotlight Panel

>Timm says that he doesn't think Joker cares about Harley.

>"He's a monster. He's absolute scum... She's just a tool in his arsenal." - Timm

newsarama.com/35600-sdcc-2017-bruce-timm-spotlight-panel.html

Bruce Timm said Joker didn't love Harley 7 hrs after Paul Dini said in a panel Joker DOES love her.

Not that user and I'm not saying you're lying, but why don't you post them instead of preemptively bragging about winning the argument?

Why not both? After all, Joker loves multiple choice answers.

>you're problem is that you don't know what friendship is.

I know what a friendship is, but I also know that writers left hints here and there. The pairing wasn't born out of thin air, y'know?

>They weren't gay there

Maybe not as much as today, but like I have said before the subtext was there. I mean they shared a bed and Harley didn't have any problem seeing Ivy naked

>You mean where Dini wrote Harley/Ivy was crack and ridiculous.

How that story is crack and ridiculous?. It pointed out that Harley cares tremendously for Ivy.

>You mean the last arc that wasn't written by Dini and was released in 2011 when N52 was beginning, that one where Harley took advantage of Ivy's oneside thing in order to be with Joker, cause she really loved Joker

Or the story where Ivy got kidnapped and Harley tried to search for her desperately, or the story where Ivy got brainwashed by an alien plant and Harley tried to make her come back to her senses by remind her the good she has done to her and how she has helped her

>They care about each other so they're fucking
No, you don't know what friendship is. Or at least for some reason you see romantic love as a natural result of it

hehehe Obviously Timm and Dini has different tastes and Dini has been written Joker and Harley for the last 15 years while Timm was the designer of her costume and likely don't know of Dini's work

>Dini: I still write the characters occasionally for animation, and the nature of the beast is that their relationship is much more like it was in the “Harley and Ivy” episode. In animation, you can’t really go to the place [where they are in the comics]. But I’m all for it. I think their relationship in the comics is progressive, and the sort of thing that needs to be in comics. It’s fun to show that even the bad girls can be nice to each other, and there can be love and affection between them. Nowadays, I see them as very much equals. Harley has progressed in her personal development, and I don’t think that she’s as needy or as lost as when she first linked up with Poison Ivy. It’s actually a much stronger relationship between them now, because it involves personal choice.

yahoo.com/tv/harley-quinn-poison-ivy-batman-animated-series-155135937.html

>Paul Dini: When Bruce and I did the Harley and Ivy miniseries, it was certainly implied that [Ivy and Harley] had a relationship with each other—they shared hugs and kisses. I didn’t want that to overpower what the story was, but the relationship between them is so natural.

>Paul Dini: The more I worked with [Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy], the more I could see [a romantic relationship] happening. Unfortunately, at the time, in an animated kids cartoon, you really couldn’t get into the complexity of that or honor what a relationship like that could really be. We just showed them together as friends and on fairly intimate terms when they were out of the costume, but nothing was implicit because if we couldn’t do that relationship properly then we didn’t want to do it at all.

complex.com/pop-culture/2016/08/harley-quinn-oral-history

*have

We have talk about that a lot. It's true Dini used to say whatever people wanted to hear but it's true too that he has never written them as gay and wrote hundred of pages of HarleyJoker and we know because of the interviews and comments made at the time TAS was airing nobody never considered Harley and Ivy as a romantic relationship.

*talked

I just said that Dini Is all talk and zero action about them, I was just asking for sources for Dini saying that he never saw Harley and Ivy as a couple

The question was erased by the fag asked for one reason by the way.

twitter.com/Paul_Dini/status/788787843149602816

I'll get a best source since he said it in an interview too but it's the same thing, what did he write? he didn't write HarleyIvy, there weren't clues or subtext.

Dini Is weird, he says one thing then later he says another thing and he contradict himself. But yeah you're right

>Two Harley on-goings
Why stop there?

How about an animated TV show based around her? Maybe a mini-series written by Miller. We'll call it "All-Star Harley Quinn". Maybe if we're lucky DC will put her on as a Justice League member, replacing Martian Manhunter completely.

Sandwich her in with the JSA. Make her a Green Lantern. Retcon her origins so she's a Kryptonian. Give her Darksied's Omega Beams. Take over The Flash's lunch box.

I JUST CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR MORE HARLEY FUCKING QUINN

>Harley and Batman animated movie
>Now field leader of the Sucide Squad
>Part of Batman's super team in Injustice

Give it time, user

man, you really made me laugh!

just you wait user
all of that is about to happen

Where did I mention Green Lantern?

Is this really happening? an ongoing by Dini when there's a digital first ongoing with that style already?