What did you guys think of Superior Spider-Man?

I read the whole run last week and was pleasantly surprised. It seemed gimmicky and I hate Slott so I was expecting it to be shit, but this is probably the best Spider-Man run since OMD imo (not that that's saying much but still). It was nice seeing a more competent Spider-Man with less relationship drama and Ock getting his doctorate and starting his own company was an interesting side plot. And Anna Maria was an actual interesting love interest and didn't come across as "muh diversity" to the extent other nuMarvel characters do. It did have it's obvious flaws, like the Avengers seemed like retards at certain points and the spider-bot/Ock's Spider army storyline was interesting but questionable at points. Overall though it was a solid read. Bonus question: is Spider-verse any good? I hear the last two issues are tie ins so I'm wondering if the whole story arc is worth reading overall

I enjoyed it. Was annoyed with how Peter went out like a bitch right before issue 1 and how Otto was fucking up Peters life but overall I enjoyed the story. Looking back on it he might be my favorite version of Spiderman.

Spider-verse was fun. Has some more Spider-Otto and some fun spinoffs and alternate universes.

It's like one of three Slott stories I actually enjoy

>ut this is probably the best Spider-Man run since OMD
what?
you have shit taste.
The run was mediocre at best.
it was interesting, and it was a great potential idea, but the execution was terrible, and the entire marvel universe taking stupid pills to believe that Ock was peter was dumb.

Great stuff, Slott really at the top of his game

Fucking garbage and a waste of a good concept.

Otto > Peter

It's good for like the first half a dozen issues but the novelty wears off and the ending felt rushed as fuck

It was both dragged on and rushed
I hated everyone who knows peter dropping 100 iq points
Neat concept shit execution

I'm completely convinced that anyone who praises this shitpile is a dedicated troll.

Don't think it warrants a thread so I'll just ask here. Is the Michelinie/Larsen Spiderman any good?

Like some of Slott's other stories, it was a good idea that was executed badly. It lasted too long and relied on everyone around Otto being borderline braindead so that he didn't get exposed too soon. Otto's appearances in other books were pretty good.

This. Everyone is pants on head retarded in the book.

>s the Michelinie/Larsen Spiderman any good?
yes

Yeah, I liked it too, although I agree with the others that the rest of the Marvel U should have figured it out faster and the rest of the run didn't quite live up to the first arc or two.

I lol'd at Slott when he first described it as being for people who "like the kind of Dan Slott who wrote She-Hulk and Arkham Asylum: Living Hell." He meant darker stories, I guess, but I was like, "fucking hell, Slott, if you know those are your best stories, WRITE LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME" What a twat.

>stupid pills
>spock keikakus
>things done to piss off fans rather than tell a good story
>literally every other writer did a better spock than slott
>even spockfags hated the ending
>this fucking page

Great idea, shitty execution but it allowed Slott to have a stranglehold on the ASM writer spot.

I liked it a lot. Had a shit ending though. The book should have lasted 12 more issues before going into a much better final story than it actually did. Goblin Nation was crap and the very final issue should have been Amazing Spider-Man (part 3) #001 because the titlular Superior Spider-Man was not present anymore.

Complete and utter shit. Worse than Sins Past.

Seconded. I cannot fathom how anyone beyond edgy 12 year olds can enjoy Superior Spider-Man.

If you can suspend your disbelief about everyone being on stupid pills (which to be fair is somewhat reasonable considering in story Peter recently went through several traumatic experiences which is the more likely explanation compared to possession/body swapping even in the Marvel Universe) it's a really good run. My favorite scene was the Black Cat one, sadly that ruined her character for the next several year (or rather Slott in general did). Follow up wasn't that great though, newfound relationship drama became tiring and Peter basically became Tony 2.0. I'd give the run a solid B bordering B+

>The book should have lasted 12 more issues before going into a much better final story than it actually did

Wasn't it supposed to go longer but it got cut early for Amazing Spider-Man 2? They should have just used the Ultimate Universe for the movie tie ins rather than using it for edgy shock value

Sup Forums in a nutshell

>which to be fair is somewhat reasonable considering in story Peter recently went through several traumatic experiences which is the more likely explanation compared to possession/body swapping even in the Marvel Universe

Yeah, having Peter kill a guy in cold blood by shooting him at point blank, while he is defenseless and maiming people makes complete sense for a guy who is "just upset over Silver Sable's death", right?

Fuck off you stupid piece of shit.

Really good. Lots of fun with real stakes.

>acts and talks like a cartoonish supervillain
>"it's just a phase"
And yeah, I think you should mention that SpOck is a complete moron too which makes the whole premise even worse.

Yeah, just about everyone should have immediately figured out that it wasn't Peter under the Spidey mask.

The whole story was terribly written.

>with real stakes.
Name one.

Best Spider Man run in years, I liked Otto more than Peter. But like other anons said you really have to suspend your disbelief with how stupid everyone is here

>Best Spider Man run in years
Found the casual.