Jean Grey #5 Storytime

Jean's journey takes her to Psylocke. Warning: Lips.

Seriously, Jean and Psylocke have such huge lips.

Clearly she's gritting her teeth through those plump lips of hers

I'm Jacking off

Sure thing user
Also forgot to mention the reused image of Psylocke there

So is every telepath on the x-men going to have the psy weapon gimmick now?

The third panel is a beautiful reaction image if it wasn't for ants
"optimized" my ass

Sorry user, I forgot to optimize the thing properly today, I'll repost the image after the storytime

is that jean grey sposta be little boy with no penis?

And that's the end of the storytime, with another adventure to prepare for the Phoenix. Anybody know if the same artist for this will be back, because I don't know if I can handle such thicc lips and boi jean grey?

Much as I love DSLs, this dialogue is fucking atrocious.

.And here's the requested reaction image

How is Strange supposed to her with magic if he can't do magic anymore?

Jean-stanza is cute

it was ok with betsy, a ninja who happened to be a so-so telepath having a "focus" weapon made some sense.

And heck, it didn't bother me when quintin did it because it felt like a dryhard kid being a dryhard.

(Although high-level telepaths limiting themselves this way is similar to Hal possessing the most powerful weapon in the DC universe and making boxing gloves with it.)

But I don't want psychic weapons to be a "thing". Take what little uniqueness they offer and start proliferating the notion and it becomes bland.

Xavier was throwing psi-bolts with concussive force since the 1960's.

>hfw she sees your dick

That hasnt been referenced in decades. I remember charles blowing up a sentinel.
Emma also blew up her factory with her mind when defending herself from Phoenix Jean. Must have been her Devon appearance.

Soooo who was the other person talking to Jean? Doesn't sound like Emma

Moonstar had neural arrows and Wild Thing had her psychic claws.

Most likely 616-Madelyne, she hasn't done jack-shit since she got resurrected 4 years ago except party and gamble in clubs.

Also, she's had to deal with Psylocke the last two times she's shown up.

mind as well create stand at this point

She was last seen attacking some city that the young X-men had to deal with, it's the story where Beast became a sorcerer.

that bottom panel pose

seemingly phased out in favor of Secret Wars Inferno Maddie

KILL HER
KILL HER

I agree with you. It must be 616 massive. I think they will reform 616 and keep the secret wars one a villain. It could also be Emma if they are thinking of keeping her grey and not 100 percent villain.

That's Inferno-Battleworld Madelyne, that's why I said "616"-Madelyne.

Did Secret wars Madelyn manage to bring her son along? He was entertaining as hell and I welcome the convoluted clusterfuck he'd bring.

They are the one and same now
We don't know yet

Nope, just corrupted Nightcrawler.

>They are the one and same now
You don't know how Battleworld/Secret Wars worked, do you?

Well the Inferno-Battleworld Madelyne is walking around in 616 now, so either we have two Madelyne's or they merged into one.

There are two Madelynes the same way there are two Quicksilvers and two Armors running around. Nobody got merged because of Secret Wars, this isn't Heroes Reborn.

Shit I was unaware that there are two Quicksilvers and Armors

That gets into an art question though, was the Prof projecting actual physical manifestations of psionic power, or was the artist drawing for our benefit an otherwise invisible, intangible energy effect because, lets face it, telepathy would be boring without either a visible manifestation or always jumping over to the "psychic landscape" for telepathic combat.

(which is really the preferable way, it gives the artist all the visual leeway they desire, they can go crazy in the mindscape)

Ultimate Armor and Ultimate Quicksilver show-up in X-Men: Blue.

Hot

Hopefully pic-related.

It's just the same thing that's been going on for years. Notice how mutants only attack via pew pew beams in battle now instead of remotely creative uses? The same thing has been happening to Marvel's telepaths for years. All of them had their own strength/weaknesses and they get smashed together to make them less unique by writers which is how Emma ended up an omega level telepath when previously she was an exceedingly clever/skilled individual. The psychic weaponsthing is just the latest installment of that. Oh and Betsy was always a powerful telepath. She was presumably shit at control like she is with her TK being able to smash a mountain but incapable of picking up a dime.

But she was talking about hating silence. Why does she assume that she was having her mind read?

Literally no one other than Aaron was paying attention to that

She meant the casual telepathy, I think she associates all telepathy with mind-reading/control since that's almost exclusively how she uses it.

>Putting your ketchup in the fridge

So I guess that is why Psylocke doesn't form a suit of psychic armor in battle.

thanks for the story time OP

That would probably be the fact that said psychic constructs generally do not interact with matter. The most interaction they've actually had is that time she used her little dagger as a nightlight.

Now if you meant it in a defensive way where anyone that grapples her would automatically get hit by a psychic attack? That's a good question. Somebody should try it sometime if everyone is gonna start using constructs.

Still wearing pants huh

man what's it gonna take for regular Armor to get more consistent love

I fucking hate how ugly she is

How can you jack off when Psylock is wearing such a boring costume?

The thongkini was boring

It at least had a sense of identity. Now we just have a boring ninja suit

This book is slowly winning me over.

You're welcome dude. I like this book and consider it one of the better X-books. I admit this issue wasn't as good as the last one but still a good book

Cool

It looks like a weird mixture of
>I've seen some shit
and the
>sweating_man.jpg

No matter how they do it, it's still shitter than what Magik does

What is the difference between the armor that Hisako makes and the constructs that Psylocke and other telepaths make?

Hisako's armour can actually do things. Psylocke's cannot (or should not) be capable of actually being used to cut or otherwise interact with anything other than a mind and is until the X-men were in San Francisco we didn't know if anyone could actually see it.(She used it as a light which surprised everyone reading. Might just be an accidental artist retcon.)

What about the psychic weapons she was making in Wood's run?

I completely forgot (or failed to notice) that when it came out. That would be an entirely new retcon and extremely useless for her to do considering that she has TK she can use directly instead since she's been doing a ton of training for the last 2 decades to stop being so shitty at controlling it.
The previous statement I made was true before that panel came out.

She did a lot of those in that run

Hell this giant butterfly thing in Astonishing had physical effects

Why not just use your telekinesis to glide through the vent without making any noise?

Man, I was always told that most mosh pits (mosh culture?) have really strict rules of etiquette and care, particularly for people that wound up inside them by mistake.

I guess there's always some bad apples out there, though.

Well, we've clearly seen that this particular hand facility is actually a special ed class, filled with all the blind hand ninjas that don't know how to fight, at all, who turn to dust when a slightly junky teenager jumps on them from a few feet up.

So I'm not sure they know how to do that.

There are many of them and one of her. She is going to wipe the floor with them.

Hisako's powers are a bit weird to describe. It's less the manifestation of her own psyche and more a connection to her deceased ancestors and family. (And a little bit of Wolverine) When her brother and mother died in a car crash she was able to feel them all across the country and it actually boosted her armors power. So she's not psychic herself so much.

She does seem to have some control over it's shape though. For instance she can grow wolverine claws that she can actually extend a good bit and can (briefly) grow to giant sizes with it. It also seems that she can fire off concentrated concussive blasts though doesn't seem to often

So the power of family honor

there was some comic somewhere that said it was strongly tied to memory but the real ins and outs of it haven't been explored fully beyond giving her a shiny suit of armor to punch shit with

The giant size thing was because a large chunk of her family got offscreened as it happened so she was not remotely happen about her sudden inexplicable power boost.

Right but after that she can basically go Kaiju Buster when she wants too with the trade off of mental strain.

I wonder if they'll ever acknowledge whatever was going on with Armor's powers in WATXM vol 2

She got older?

She showed up in a couple Gold issues right as rain so I assume we're pretending it never happened.

Well she graduated when WaTX finished it's run so she's at least around the 17/18 range. Im not sure how old she was supposed to be in Whedon's astonishing but her age was always that kind of Vague teenager range