Justice League - Power Rangers #5 Storytime

After a long delay the next issue of this ridiculous but amazing crossover is out

Tommy looks terrible with that helmet

>Red Hood hamlet
Nice

>brainiac drones
>they don't have a Z stamped on the chest

Oh yeah I forgot that Billy skewered Cyborg

Dang, I was hoping the world leaders on the Power Rangers' Earth would be like "What the fuck? Wonder Woman is a comic character!"

Wait Brainiac has never met another artificial intelligence? That cannot be right.

Don't let him meet the Machine Empire

Man I don't remember the Rangers' weapons doing this much damage

>Batman keeps the kryptonite
Never change Bruce

Bruce acting like an asshole is a universal consistent, good to know.

cause lining a costume with squibs takes less time and money than designing an alternate suit with severed limbs

>Flash catches Zedd's bomb before it can grow the monster

Why did they never think of this before?

What. The. Fuck.

Anyway that's all for this month.

Whoah!!! I never thought of this!! Now the Rangers have a new Zord, don't you think?

no. at best he's as lame as the warrior wheel.

Holy shit

Alpha can be cool at times, I like how they made him know martial arts in the power rangers movie. Can't wait to see him kick some ass in the next issue.

The Power Rangers didn't know who Batman is.

They must be more of a Marvel universe.

...I can't get over the fact that they used their Dinozords in issue 1 or 2 when they're fighting Zedd and should be over to the Thunderzords. I'm sorry, I'm too much of a faggot.

...also when's the Legacy Shogun Megazord coming out?

LOl. What even is this? God, I hate book, but I can't stop reading it. Thank you, OP

I'll read it later

Thanks for the storytime.

Well it's partially him being an asshole and making sure he has the means to stop Clark.

And partially because Clark trusted him and only him with the Kryptonite and Bruce takes that responsibility seriously. He probably feels like no one else should have Krypronite except him (and he limits himself to a small stash).

Clark had accepted President Luthor having Kryptonite but Bruce was so against it that he stole it from the White house.

You are right about it. The Power Rangers are more worthy for a crossover with the Avengers. Marvel Universe has a lot of giant monsters like Fin Fang Foom ("Monsters Unleashed") that Lord Zedd would have loved. Kid Kaijuu has his own Megazord, and there was another Megazord in USAvengers recently.

thanks for the storytime OP.

When does the regular power rangers comic update? Also how is it doing in sales, enough to keep it going for awhile? I really like it.

This is so great.

Fucking Flash, I love it

It's a 6 issue mini

I always wondered if someone would be able to put Brainiac on the spot about his consumption of knowledge by putting everything in a bottle.

And it was Alpha Five.

NOT IN MAH HOUSE

I know they just finished their big arc in their last issue. Don't know if they'll take a break before the next issue

Well that's ridiculous. In a good way, I think.

The best part would be when they see a sentinel fighting some mutants and join in, be a funny moment.

>Thinking only of yourself isn't sentience.

When did Alpha Five become so based?

I always viewed it as a computer glitch. (and i feel like i probably got that from a comic or cartoon.)
He knows it's impossible to know everything but he's compelled to try and know everything so he uses his hobby as a way to circumvent his programming.

>robot
>confuses sentience with sapience
Base animals have sentience and are solitary, caring only for their own survival.
There are also social sentient animals that are still not thinking choosing beings.
So, never.

The regular one? The one with the alt universe evil green ranger/white ranger combo dictator?

They're used to fighting things that are somehow more durable

Can someone on the league just kick Batman's ass? Just once on general principal?

Because its real scummy for a guy to claim to be your friend and ally and still carry around ways to kill you "just in case you ever go bad".

Clark has literally told Bruce to keep kryptonite around just in case

>Flash blocks the growth grenade

I really fucking love all the little perfect moments this crossover has.

Love this page, this crossover is really based

There's keeping a kryptonite ring and then there's also having ways to kill everyone else on the League and having a backdoor into Cyborg's systems (basically his soul) without telling him.

He needs someone to get him a talking down. Flash maybe.

FUCKING FINALLY

You act like Batman isn't doing the exact same thing to everyone else in the league. If anyone else turned out to be constantly planning ways to kill Batman they'd actually be in trouble.

How does he even fit that piece in his belt?

It's obviously longer than the pocket

He's the only one without powers. It wouldn't be that hard

That's not the point.
Consider how most people would react to discovering that a coworker or friend has spent months on end fantasizing about ways to beat and murder you.

You mean Tower of Babel? Because that happened already. They got pissed and kicked him out the league. Also none of his plans are designed to kill

Batman was still right about the league being too powerful not to have countermeasures just in case. Doing it to your friends is still a dick move though

>And I ask myself, should I tell the the bitter truth?

>I know I typed the letter 'm' there, how light heartedly annoying

Tower of Babel is worse due to Brother Eye and his lack of security for those plans means that if anything the Waller should be sending her goons in to kill Bruce Wayne as he's a greater threat to the security of the planet than any possible rogue JLA mind control plot.

This comic has no right to be so entertaining

>Bruce is a greater threat to the security of the planet.

He really is. So many writers (particularly the writers of Injustice) treat him like the safety net between superheros and humanity.

But he's the least socially adjusted. He's the one with the worst mental health. He's the paranoid, edgy one.

If anyone were to cross the line it would be Batman. If anyone were to pose a threat to humanity it would be Batman.

But so many writers paint Bruce as the League's non-powered babysitter.

Someone needs to take Bruce aside, Flash or Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman and tell him to quit it with planning new ways to kill everybody alongside the giant spy satellites.

You know who I'd trust to take down the JLA if they went rogue? Not fucking Batman. I'd trust the JSA.

There's so many better ways to deal with the idea of the League going evil/mind controlled than "please keep a binder full of keikakus Bruce". JSA logically should be the first line of defense as they're arguably MORE powerful than the League and are crawling with enough magic guys to handle Superman.

I almost forgot about this series. How long has it been?

>Bruce goes into a big spiel about how contingencies need to be made against the League

>Barry has had enough and in an attosecond takes Bruce's utility belt and puts all the contents neatly on the table

>"Stop trying to bully us. Stop thinking of ways to hurt us. Stop thinking of ways to kill us."

>Clark tells Barry to chill

>"No. I'm sick and tired of us tolerating his bullshit just because he's the weak one. You ever wonder who WE worry about going bad Bruce? You ever wondered who I worry about going bad? It's not the happily married reporter with a wife and kid and dog. It's the guy whose entire social persona is a mask, the guy who spends all his time in his parent's basement, the guy with back up personalities in his head whose been exposed to every kind of psychoactive drug on the planet. And you know what my plan for dealing with him is Bruce? Punching him in the face before the first neuron in his perfect little brain fires"

Illuminated comics made a good point about that recently. All that time spent on trying to figure out how to kill his friends could have easily been spent on figuring out ways to stop their actual enemies. Why the hell can't he devote some of that time to inventing something to catch the joker right after he leaves arkham? He can break out something that can be used to unleash WMD level destruction but never breaks out the same sort of stuff to sneak attack fucking Mogul or Brainiac?

Batman is still the same paranoid asshole he's always been

Burn!

Remind me again? I know it's a GA line, I just can't remember what from.

Billy has a girlfriend now

"Hey Bruce, what's the plan for if Joker ever goes evil and starts killing people?"

I'd kill for someone to have the balls to have a character say that to Batman.

Batman is the one who has files on all his friends but he can't keep a guy in greasepaint from racking up a body count like a pinball score.

Batman's plans for the League going rouge involves a level of cruel lethality. His Babel counter for Wonder Woman was to have her fight until she died for exhaustion. His counter for Aquaman was to drug him until he was scared of water and dehydrated to death.

His plan for Joker is to punch him and carry him back to his cell.

This is so fucked up I don't even know where to begin.

Unless there someone else with a red helmet and flaming sword, Jason is borrowing Jason's headgear and All-Blade
Neat

He's using Azrael's sword actually

Thanks OP!

My joke is ruined!

man, this entire crossover has just been so boring.

>an american city

"Are we sure? it sure looks japanese half the time."

Your point kinda falls apart when you realize Batman can't just punch the league into submission like the Joker and the plans were modified to be lethal

I'm not sure how making Aquaman afraid of water so that he's dangerously dehydrated isn't potentially lethal

I mean, so is beating the shit out of people, but Batman pulls that off too

I can't see how a few of them wouldn't have an element of lethality even in their unmodified forms.

The point is he's willing to use near-lethal force to stop the people who are supposed to be his best friends but he treats Joker with kid gloves.

Why doesn't he just take one of his tower of babel plans and modify it for use on Joker? Make Joker afraid of killing people. Trap Joker in a VR illusion.

Asking Bruce what's his plan for when the Joker killing people is the sickest burn anyone could give Batman because the answer is he has no plan that works. If he did Joker wouldn't be a continual threat.

And yet he's supposed to be the silver bullet to shut down and contain the world's strongest heroes.

It's scenes like this and the one in issue two that really serves how onesided this is and that the power rangers is just extra baggage.

>Superman is exposed to red K causing his skin to turn transparent, causing him to feel intense pain and overloading his natural solar absorption ability.

>Aquaman is made deathly afraid of water

>Flash is shot with a magic vibrating bullet which gives him light speed seizures

>Wonder Woman is trapped in a VR sim where she fights until exhaustion kills her

>Martian Manhunter's skin is transformed into magnesium so that he's constantly on fire and burning no matter what he does

The only way these plans had a "non lethal" version would be if Batman had a remote control to shut down the traps. And even then he's likely to kill a few of them with these traps. At the very least he's causing them intense pain and psychological damage, especially to poor Martian Manhunter.

>Joker is punched and given the best health care Arkham has to offer

Why doesn't Batman just shoot Joker with magic VR nanobots like Wonder Woman?

He can dropkick the Joker whenever he wants to and dump him in a prison. He doesn't need Babel plans to do that. The plans were in case he actually had to fight a league member by himself.

Joker still going around doing shit is more a fault legal system if anything. That and the writers giving a guy with a no-kill code a villain with the ability to murder to an absurd degree and get away with it. Seriously, fuck whoever thought Joker should have a kill count that rivals a small town

You'd think the families of everyone he's killed would just pool their money and hire Deathstroke or Deadshot to kill him by now.

He should literally be at the top of every Hitman's list.

Batman saves him at every time.

>Superman: I've got this.
>Classic Superman theme kicks in.
>This is gonna be amazing...
>...fucking kryptonite.

Being a Superman fan is suffering. You'd think they dispensed this stuff on street corners in vending machines. I mean, it's not like there even being one or two chunks on earth, full stop, is streching it.

I mean, if anyone would have some, it would likely be Brainy, but it's the general 'find a way to stop Superman being Superman' plot element that always ends up being a green rock that rustles me.

SAVAGE

>the guy who spends all his time in his parent's basement

fucking hell that's thermonuclear

They referenced Batman in Dino Thunder
(because Red's actor was related to '66 Alfred)

Alpha just keeps being based