Gotham Academy #12 - FINAL ISSUE

Storytiming the final issue of Gotham Academy. What will be the fate of Olive Silverlock?

If you aren't caught up, I storytimed the whole series over the past month. It's available here:
1-6 (and Endgame):
7-12: 13-18: Lumberjanes crossover: Annual, Second Semester 1-6: Second Semester 7-11: And uploaded the series to Mega and Mediafire:
ttps://mega.nz/#F!8551hAiJ!0D8WYdv9LoosrQlAK2amng
mediafire.com/folder/mvw6aocm4pba2/Gotham_Academy

Let's see how it all ends.

Thanks a lot for this OP.

And that's all, folks. Final issue felt a little bit rushed, but I liked that everyone played a role, and Maps stepped up her superhero game. Also worth highlighting that parallels a page from issue 1, so that's pretty cool.

Whether you were around for the storytimes or just checked out this issue, thanks for enjoying Gotham Academy with me. Let's hope that the "for now" part is true.

Thanks a lot OP. It did seem rushed, but it tied up everything. There seems a lot of goodwill behind it both from the fans and at DC, so hopefully that amounts to something.

>Blue and Yellow colour scheme
>Shield Icon/Motif

Probably not intentional, but i'm reminded of The Guardian here.

There's some great concept art in the trade of volume 1 for Maps as Robin.

comfy end

I'd like to see more with them eventually, but you just know they'll be used as cheap fodder to be killed off.

I would like to see Eric appear in Arkham Asylum 2, which is set in the Batman #666 future, to see what Morrison would do with somebody whose 'gimmick' is Sigils.

Im sure the main DC twitter re-tweeted that once.

I'd read it.

Well she already has the belt here

Here's the page from Issue 1 this is a callback to. The shift in tone is pretty obvious.

> we will never have Maps Robin.
> It'll always be Duke. Duke. Duke. Duke.

Why must we suffer?

It wont always be Duke. Once Snyder moves on some other writer will force their OC.

I never figured out what Colton was doing in this picture.

Possibly waking himself up after a night making what are totally not drugs by forcing his eyelids open.

Wasn't there an abuse speculation or subplot hinted at one point? I can't remember shit about Colton honestly.

I think he's nursing a cut under his eye. He talks about having a really shitty home life and I think alludes to his father beating him? So since they're just coming back from the summer, I think that's the implication.

And I'm just now realizing that's why he wears sunglasses all the time. Damn.

Alright, so can i expect an HC sometime next year?

Sad to see it go.

It seems a book that will do well in trades, so yes.

bump

it's a really nice callback but man the lost of kerschl on interiors just hit this book hard. adam archer just kept replicating the style poorly and the colorist couldn't salvage it

The book really suffered for losing Kerschl and the atmosphere he and the colourist were able to produce together. Archer is pretty dependant on a good inker to come out well.