Would it have been a good episode if it was made?

Would it have been a good episode if it was made?

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/lastpodcastontheleft/episode-261-l-ron-hubbard-part-i-grub-hubbard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

now that's some extremely subtle social commentary.

>US citizens making up religions for their own profit
>Cults in Oregon

That's now new, though I did chuckle at the brible.

Or, it's extremely facetious and absurd, and the fact that you can relate this to your society means you have a cult problem.

I think that sounds hilarious but I could also see someone like Alex being sanctimonious

It probably would have made the pacman fish hat slightly more relevant, and anything that would have made the wheel a little less of a letdown would be welcome in my book.

I think the idea behind this episode also would have explained that "order of the holy mackerel" clue and that "the guys down at the lodge" line that seemed to be alluding to something but never got to go anywhere.

I don't want to come off as one of those "wah, my personal headcanon didn't come true" guys, but there were a few minor details that were left hanging because episodes like this were planned but never made, and it's a tad disappointing.

>US citizens
Why are autistic Eurotards so easy to spot?

Alex fucked up everything from the beginning of season 2. You're among friends. Complain as much as you want. There was supposed to be three seasons. There was supposed to be well written characters and attention to detail. That manlet fucked it all up because he didn't want to work with Disney any more.

>Eurotards
Why are inbred Amerifats so easy to spot?

Probably one of the best, great concept.

Yeah that's more or less how I feel, I just usually put it into nicer terms because I did like season 2, or I at least liked a lot of things about it. But I agree that do still feel like the show should've been 3 seasons and a good deal of season 2 was rushed and some good ideas just dropped.

But, hey, when it comes to the Stanetology episode in question, at least that getting dropped is apparently (according to Hirsch, of course) not Alex's fault. Which is a shame.

>Eheheheh, good goy, Jesus Christ was a scam artist and Christianity is a big fat lie, you can't join my religion though only G*d's chosen ones are allowed.

Pretty pathetic. Alex couldn't go after something like his own religion or Islam though? Glad he's off the air.

>according to Hirsch
According to Alex, nothing is ever his fault, t//bh

when you're bitching about something on Sup Forums, you're always among friends. Just be careful if you start to actually like something

glad you didn't refute the "autistic" part, eurofriend. it explains a lot.

>be careful if you like something
If you have good taste it's never an issue.

It's a rip on Scientology, not Christianity.

Which is exactly why I always take it with a grain of salt.

>brible

okay I laughed.

Is there anyone who isn't sanctimonious when it comes to Scientology?

>Glad he's off the air.

He's working on a new Fox series.

Is he? I thought that got canned.

>taking shots at Scientology like it's still 2005 or something
Sad!

2006 is when it went down man. That's Sup Forums history

>Christfags so insecure that they think a scientology joke is aimed at them

he doesn't know Sup Forums history m8

Trapped in the Closet was released in 2005.
As if you weren't shitting yellow back then.

Its Alex Hirsch so it would be very similar to The Joy of Sect only from The Leader's perspective

slash that reverse it
He's working a Fox News series

Scientology isn't the only cult that's ever existed, they've always popped up and fit entirely into a series about conspiracies and phenomena.

>Brible
Is this the new term for the torah?

>Stan gets audience and hypes up some summoning ritual he thinks is just bogus
>Ritual ends up actually summoning Bill Cipher
>Cipher tells Stan that he never made a faith, but was only playing a part in his pyramid scheme

It's pretty clearly supposed to be Scientology you evangelical dumbshit. Don't get me wrong, I do kind of think Hirsch is a shortsighted brainlet who would probably make the episode more soapboxy than funny no matter who it'd be about, but by getting so upset over nothing only gives ammunition to dummies like

Oy

Fuck it, anything making fun of Scientology and Elron is hilarious. It's funnier to just hear a story of his life and work though.

soundcloud.com/lastpodcastontheleft/episode-261-l-ron-hubbard-part-i-grub-hubbard

>manlet-posting in current year
/gfg/ plz go. I don't think that anything was wrong with Season 2, most of it at least, the issue was that Hirsh didn't write a full Season 3 and cancelled the show too soon. It's less that there were parts of the show that Hirsh didn't wrap up or tie together in some way implying that there was a coherent Season 3 draft left on the cutting room floor, it's more like Hirsh just stopped writing plot points midway through Season 2 and hastily tied up the ones he had already introduced regardless of how far we had even progressed in those respective arcs.

I highly doubt that Hirsh wrote any long term mysteries beyond Ford, though if anything was going to happen it would have likely involved aliens. I feel like what Hirsh SHOULD have done was turn Weirdmaggedon into an actual movie a la the Regular Show film or the Ed Edd n Eddy movie, and use S2B instead to play into the Aliens storyline Hirsh started to hype up near the end (and use some of the other unused episode ideas, like Stan's religion and the Ghost Rider) and tie up the Stans' relationship issues at the end of S2, in addition to doing something, anything with some of the other plot points like Robbie and Pacifica.

Then you have Weirdmaggedon as the 2 hour long finale movie that wraps up the Bill storyline in a slower, better paced way that doesn't ruin Mabel's character beyond repair and actually uses the Wheel in a good way.

I feel like it might've been nice if we could have gotten a good solid Wendy episode too, one that didn't revolve around Dipper.

>a good solid Wendy episode
This, especially with her family.
>"Time for a lumberjack coming of age ritual!"
>"Dad, I don't want to be 100% lumberjack all the time! I want to spend time with my friends!"
>lumber-drama happens
>Wendy saves the twins from a monster
>Manly Dan tells her he's proud and accepts her
>Wendy tells Dipper to not be in such a hurry to grow up, and enjoy his time at his current age
Once the crush was resolved, she needed some screentime as an older teen mentor.

>Is there anyone who isn't sanctimonious when it comes to Scientology?

Is there any way to address scientology honestly which ISN'T sanctimonious?

>some screentime as an older teen mentor
Or hell, as any kind of character. Being a mentor or role model to the twins is fine and all, but I wouldn't mind if they explored her relationship to Stan or Soos or someone where she plays the role of lazy irresponsible kid, or her relationship with the other teens as "the cool one" who it turns out just underneath the surface really isn't so cool. Or any amount of time that devotes genuine focus on her that isn't ultimately about Dipper's boner.

But yeah, a Wendy centric episode (or half an episode) that primarily focuses on her and her family would be the ideal.

There was supposed to be one(I think it was talked about in a panel at comic con) where Stan and Wendy end up bonding and robbing people before she gets too into it and Stan has to take the fall so she won't ruin her life.

Aside from the fact that it would have been a good episode in itself it would have been a billion times better than fucking roadside attraction, but hey Hirsch in charge of actually following through on good ideas right?

>le evil religion episode

Looks like Reddit & Morty fagged its way into Gravity Falls, jesus

This is fucking worse than a bunch of kids getting mowed down with an assault rifle on Christmas

Bonus points to any of these if they would have tied her to the ice bag even just a little better.

I still feel like the Ice Bag should have been Blendin and the Heart should have been Wendy. Let's be real here Robbie had no place remaining in the plot after he broke up with Wendy. Maybe say that because of the Pine Twins' fuckery with time in the pig episode Blendin, or more specifically his chronometer, is bound to that one particular spot in time.

A good chunk of Season 1 and almost all of Season 2 was cloying unfunny shit. The humor was desperate to explain itself and all the plots were half baked.

The show was truly good for maybe a quarter of a season.

>Brible

Meh. I didn't really feel all that attached to Blendin or think of him as a character that should have been on the wheel. I guess you can argue he had more presence than Robbie, but I always considered Blendin like a supernatural phenomenon more than a character, if that makes sense. The wheel is mostly made up of characters who could have been regular people but were affected by or drawn to Gravity Falls in some way, whereas Blendin serves the role of monster of the week a couple times. Not really a great excuse, but it's kinda how I think of it. I might've accepted him being on the wheel though, if that was what we'd got.

Robbie being on the wheel was about as valid as Pacifica being on there, imo. I know she's a fan favorite but I'm just saying, she was about as big a part of the show as Robbie was.

Wendy being the heart would've felt weird because that's just Robbie's symbol. I guess if Wendy somehow obtained Robbie's hoodie at some point it might've worked though? I dunno, most of the symbols that were tied to one character but then assigned to other characters ended up rubbing me the wrong way because of the execution, like the llama going from Mabel to Pacifica or the glasses to McGucket. I don't think I have a problem with the principle though.

>we should forgive Alex Hirsch because some time passed since the finale and he hasn't done shit since besides drumpfposting on twitter

Go fuck yourself and the colorful tiny horse you rode in on.

Season 2 sucked shit and he wasted too many episodes on either his shitty self-insert shota or his fat hispanic lover's retarded insert. Things as simple as the age gap between generations of the Pines family he royally screwed up on. The ending was a mess and Bill and his band of Yo Gabba Gabba rejects were a shitty final villain and you know it. Die.

The Northwests as a whole are a significant presence in the entire town, it makes perfect sense that Pacifica is on the wheel. Robbie primarily existed to service a subplot that died midway through Season 1, a suplot that in itself only existed to service a subplot that was dropped the second episode into Season 2. Robbie's heart on the wheel feels like an inclusion made during early Season 1 production when Hirsh was planning for Robbie to be a regular cast member, a plan he clearly dropped very early on as a lot of the Dipper romance shit started to get just a little bit too repetitive.

That's just shit taste user.

>still hirshposting in current year
Feel free to hang yourself. I dunno about this one, retarded theory fag, salty pacificafag, or straight up contrarianfag? Season 2A was Gravity Falls at its absolute peak in terms of damn near everything, and outside of a few stinkers (namely Roadside Attraction) Season 2B wasn't much to scoff at either. Gravity Falls is a fantastic show marred less by what Hirsh wrote and more by what Hirsh didn't write, aka the lack of a finale movie or a Season 3 to pad out the show's pacing resulting in an overall rushed finale that didn't adequately resolve various character arcs and plotlines. Season 1A was a pretty funny somewhat witty comfy show, and honestly Season 1B kind of sucked, getting way too bogged down in bullshit like Gideon's crap. Even Bill's introductory episode doesn't quite feel as good as it should have been.

>The Brible
Ok you got a laugh outta me Hirsch.

Fair enough.

I still really appreciate that there's a moment where Robbie feels really significantly tied to his symbol. In the episode where he's moping around and Mabel tries to cheer him up, the heart hoodie is used to express his feelings by symbolizing him not having his shit together when its unzipped, and then when his conflict resolves he zips it again. I really appreciated that touch that ties him to his symbol, at least.

It was a lot more satisfying for me to see him on the wheel for that reason than it was to see Pacifica get thrown on there because she got the llama sweater at the last minute or McGucket to get assigned to the glasses that we had never seen him interact with because "durr intellectual" and goggles.

You're right that the wheel was clearly conceived early on when the plan for the show was probably a bit different than what it grew into. The wheel is disappointing for a lot of reasons, I just think that in the case of the heart it's a little less so than some others.

Taste is a meme. People aren't born with a magical ability to determine some abstract quality.

>I was not born with the tangible ability to discern and detect abstract qualities
Must be shit

>The show was truly good for maybe a quarter of a season.
>but I kept watching anyway!
Behold, the ULTIMATE fucking Sup Forumsntrarian

Abstract qualities that are competely constructed by human mind and are used to evaluate something that's also constructed by human mind(works of fiction) and do not actually exist in objective reality, yes. Why hasn't a "taste gene" been discovered yet user?

>jani has ptsd from /gfg/
Jej

If the whole thing was going to be a red herring I don't see why they spent so much time on it in the finale rather than fleshing out a certain little girl's character development

Surprised the thread's been up this long and only a few people have called Mabel a piece of shit

It exists in the human mind
The human mind exists in reality
Therefore it exists in reality

It's not a direct product of nature tho, so there are no objective criteria to define the constructed term of a "quality" for a work of fiction

None of the wheel things were satisfying because apparently the symbol meant nothing and they just nodded to it because fans wouldn't shut up about it. I admit I felt like down though. Having a few extra episodes where the wheel characters had some significance and role to play would have been nice I think. They wouldn't need to spend a ton of time on it but just something to make the whole thing mean something. Like if to power Weirdmageddon Bill had to put all the characters in their own bubbles with their symbols, like Mabel's dream bubble. You wouldn't need to show all the bubbles but just a chance for things like Wendy character exploration of her hopes and dreams, some closure to Pacifica's little arc with her parents, would have been nice.

quite possibily the best gravity fall episode ever

I'm just gonna make the obvious joke: Stanentology is a real religion, its called Christianity.

so on what objective criteria do we judge the "quality" of direct products of nature?

The Wendy episode you described was Hirsch's idea. But his writers weren't able to think of a magic element to add to it. You're literally blaming hirsch for not using his own idea

Scientology isn't a religion it's a cult you safe space crybaby. Go kill yourself

>hirsch
>hirsch
>hirsch
>hirsch

There was a whole crew making this series. The bizarre obsession with hirsch on this board shows a total ignorance about how television works. It's a team effort

Go read "Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance" then come back & tell the class what you've learned.

>showrunner's don't make the ultimate call when it comes to quality control and direction of a show
>it's not their responsibility, blame their team
t. Manlet

I was listening to an independant scientologist while entering this thread.

Thats more of a military outift than a religious one

yeah it is. humans are natural so everything we do is a direct product of nature

I'll get around to it when I finish the Platform Sutra

Hirsch may be a faggot, but his pun game is top notch.

What the fuck are you talking about?Americas do that shit all the time and oregon is full of cults!

>spells "to" as "2" in order to save one character
>inserts an extra space between "own" and "religion"
What did he mean by this?

Really? I wonder if there are any fake religions that played at being a military force. Perhaps a navy?

twitter is a mental disorder.

He quit on his staff. He quit on his network. He quit on his fans. He quit on morality.