Ewing Ultimates Vol. 1

I was supposed to post some Miles Morales Spidey issues tonight but I had to do that just one more night I'd wanna rip someone's head off. So instead, I'm gonna take a break and storytime the first volume of Ewing's Ultimates series because it came highly recommended from a friend. First time reading so if peeps could fill in a fewer of the finer details that'd be pretty schway.

Probably the hottest Carol has looked in years.

I kinda hate Wakanda. They're self righteous dick waving bastards that obviously have "no need" for the rest of the world so they should just bog off

Panther, kindly fuck off. You can't possible know that. You're just assuming. I've never known Galactus to be petty but to assume he's incapable is retarded.

>Panopticonic.
The state of being an institutional building?

I liked her better in Nextwave

>Spat out by a giant ectosplasmic space head.
I don't know about you but I feel the need to have a dictionary on hand to interpret half this shit.

Panopticonic is referring to the actual function of a panopticon. It's all-seeing. Hence the followup of "A one being surveillance state". But yeah, there's some big filler words here.

Carol's got a thing for Silver Fox's

I have a master's degree. I shouldn't feel this dumb when reading a comic.

Alright, I'm game.

That's the power of Ewing, dude.

As in he writes comics for intellectuals or he's needlessly pretentious?

Bit o' both. You've got to be able to wrap your head around Marvel's cosmology for this book. And yeah, it's a mess, so trying to make sense of it is a chore.

No worries, I think everyone is ok with taking a break from Miles

>Ultraflow
>Neutra Space?
This feels like Doctor Who gibberish and really off putting.

Those things are elaborated on as the run goes along.

well mar-vell did have silver hair.

So what happened exactly? He was in a ship bombarded by cosmic rays, it exploded but he didn't die, and then ship's remains became an egg for some reason and then Galactus hatched?
>This is stupid.

Galactus is from the sixth incarnation of the universe. This run is set in the eighth (the current one). Galactus survived the death of the sixth universe and was reborn in the seventh universe. He needs to be reborn again.
Give it time, user. There's a reason this run is pretty much universally praised.

galactus was transformed by the big bang was the original i believe.

You may be right but for a first time reader, I find it off putting. I feel like the series is masturbating itself in the face of the reader every chance it gets and instead of being upset there's spunk in their face, the readers ask for more.

Unf.

Well, with the quality of most other Marvel books, having jizz on your face is a lot better than being ass-raped.

Unf indeed. I'm not normally into short hair but Ultimates Carol is a hottie

>having jizz on your face is a lot better than being ass-raped.
Depends on what kind of day I'm having.

i found the ultimates to be colossally arrogant in the first parts. they just decide to change galactus, don't let any other planet have any input, and everything else be damned.

Well that's neat.

THANK YOU!!!! I thought I was just being needlessly dickish to the series (also I was uncertain since I'm drinking gin so it's hard for me to gauge when something is inherently bullshit). The Utliamate's entire attitude is that "they know best" and I feel the universe should kick them in the groin in retaliation.

>first parts
>the universe should kick them in the groin in retaliation
You're not far off.

HOORAY! I CAN SEE THE FUTURE!!! MORE GIN!!!!

i kind of got the idea that the problems with the universe might have stemmed from this. they get better once carol is kicked out of the limelight.

This

Rocafort Carol x Monica-as-Rocafort Carol OTP
I hope you enjoy America Chavez being tolerable because it's never going to happen again.

I remember her first appearing in Joe Casey's series Vengeance but it's been so long since I read it I remember jack. Also how does Sup Forums feel about Joe Casey? I sing the praises of his Adventures of Superman arc but I never see his Wildcats run or his creator owned titles discussed.

Didn't Cthuhlu fighting also come up in another book?

I fucking love the fact that they're incorporating the new Giant Man. This is an example of an unknown character taking up the mantle and completely shattering expectations (Or that might just be me).

>muh meme hate
>am I accepted yet guys?

Don't start shit in the first place if you can't cut it, faggot.

Fuck, I made a superflow esque concept in my comic. Is it a relatively common concept or is it plagiarism.

Speak in complete sentences. I can't understand you.

I wish I knew who this was. Otherwise this is just another page to me. Also I wish we had current Lobdell writing Superman when he had Racafort on art rather than his DBZ fan fiction when he was on the title.

Conner Simms. He becomes fairly integral to the plot.

DC has hypertime. It's nothing new.

HAZAH!!!! I'm glad to hear that.

Try learning to read first might help. We're on the INTERNET. But I guess you were too busy being a hipster to try.

I have no idea what you're trying to say or what point you're trying to make.

You're golden, man.

Fuck, and I deleted it for courtesy's sake.

Very considerate. You're awesome.

Stone cold, Kevin. Good on you.

I wish I knew who this was. I have next to no cosmic knowledge. I'm tempted to go back to the basics with infinity war and start from there.

I'm right there with ya. No idea what a lot of this is but at least it's pretty interesting.

Even though it hasn't been directly stated, I whole heartedly believe that Franklin and Molecule Man kickstarted another Ultimate Universe with all those that perished and its only a matter of time before it's formally brought back. Until then, I'm gonna kick back and enjoy Ultimate Peter and MJ having a happy ending and the universe going on as usual (or at least as usual for the Ultimate Universe).
>I also believe that Spider-Man and his AMazing Friends were brought back when the omniverse kickstarted again to make up for Slott's mistakes.

It's Eternity, the embodiment of the universe. A few other cosmic abstracts show up and they typically get little summaries.