Lets make of c3p0, but make him shit

>Lets make of c3p0, but make him shit.

What was the best Disney black sheep: this, Atlantis, or ENG?

Atlantis by far had the best cast of characters.

Wait so like make him out of shit, or make a c3p0 that is able to shit?

the movie is great until he showed up

Drawing a blank, what's ENG?

Y'know, the B.E.N. character was lame, but he was only in about 2 scenes. He's not really worth getting upset over.

Oh wait, never mind, Emperor's New Groove.

I dunno, are you SURE there's a market for shitting robots?

Did I Hate Everything remind you of him.

Black Cauldron.

I wouldn't call New Groove a black sheep at all. It wasn't what people expected from Disney after stuff like Lion King or Beauty and the Beast, but it was still a pretty good film and decent commercial success.

I was about to ask that to. OP is totally subscribed to him. 24 min was way to long a vid for that shit movie but I guess if you really hate something..

>Emperor's New Groove
>black sheep
dude, it got a fucking tv show. Disney doesn't make shows out of failures

Yeah, but it's still not what people think when they imagine Disney, and I don't think it's been acknowledged outside of the cartoon and sequel (and every fucking Disney property gets those, even Atlantis)

Yes, i made the thread immediatey after watching the video. I am also not sure if i even really disliked him when i watched it it was a blur.

>letting some youtube guy tell you what to think

The robot was barely in the movie. That guy's doing the usual Youtube jackass thing and posting exaggerated reactions to generate more hits, just like all of the Angry Video Game Nerd clones that have swamped the internet lo these many years now.

I tried re-watching this movie like a year or two ago and was enjoying it until this guy showed up at which point I immediately shut it off about a minute into him not shutting the fuck up.

>>>Lets make of c3p0, but make him shit.
so... C3PO...

Is the 3PO comparisonjust because he's a robot? Because iirc, crazy island dweller Ben is the fabric of Treasure Island

Only in AOTC

Yes

It was a production nightmare but everybody loved the final product.

Emperor's New Groove is miles above the other two.

I didn't realize people hated Atlantis?

He's alsot a sort of bronzish color, so OBVIOUSLY he's C3P0.

It's got a good first half and a terrible second half. And really, the first half is very rushed, so even it's just likable instead of stellar.

ENG isn't a black sheep, it was a massive success, Disney just chose to never make anything similar again and to stick with their model of making animated musicals.

As for the other two...I'm not sure. I think that Treasure Planet just kinda tried too hard to be a Disney movie. Had it been handled by Don Bluthe or somebody else it would have been amazing. As for Atlantis, IMO it just simply failed to play to its strengths and (like Pixar with Wall-E) suffers from a massive disconnect between first and second halves as a result of major, major cuts and changes.

The rumor I have heard (unsubstantiatedly on Sup Forums) is that the original idea for Atlantis was really more like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and was supposed to just be about them getting to Atlantis. But Disney needed a princess and a villain, and so rather than making an awesome Jules Verne-style film with this amazing cast of characters, they chose a few stock ethnic characters, failed to flesh them out, and shoehorned them into the messy second act.

tl;dr Treasure Planet was better, but Atlantis was more 'Disney' and had more potential.

And TFA.
His scene with Han and his red arm is literally a commercial.

even when mentioning the black sheep nobody remembers this one

Man, i remember watching this on 3-in-1 bootleg dvd.

"Lets make a robot character for Robin Williams to play. Don't bother with the script; we'll let him improve."

"Robing Williams said no."

"Fuck. Get Martin Short then and scribble some shit down for him to say."

In the movie he is totally disposable, but they wanted to make a mirror to the Ben in the book, a stranded crazy man who knew the location of the treasure. So I can totally get why they wanted to include him in the movie.

But yeah, I hate him too. Still love the movie though!

I didn't have a problem with him the only reason why he was crazy was becuase his piece was misssing if irc

He definitely detracted from the movie, I never got why "serious" movies needed comedy sidekicks

I like B.E.N. and find him funny.

>The quote on the damn cover describes it merely as "good."

What an ignoble way to send off traditional animation.

B.E.N. was fine. Fuck this thing though

>Even the file name says fuck this thing
I'm not going to lie I find that funny

Would if I could.

Don't bully Morph!

It really does feel like that's exactly what happened.

>I never got why "serious" movies needed comedy sidekicks
pic related.

This, he was probably the one selling one.
As a kid I got the whole thing in pieces from happy meals at the same time I watched the movie for the first time.

*one selling toys

Yeah I used to think it was BEN's fault why the second half just isnt that good but later I actually found his character funny

Honestly, that thing would have been great about five years earlier when CG was still mindfuckingly new.

In animation alongside everyone else it serves very little purpose except to fill time and keep the attention span of small children focused.

"Production nightmares" are actually very common, Frozen and Zootopia are prime examples of this, both went through hundreds of rewrites to make sure movies are both good and marketable.

Atlantis was shit from the story standpoint.

Atlantis is my favorite movie

Launching the sub is my favorite scene

I want to fuck the cat

those cart wheels are the wrong way round, it would fall off the track almost instantly

>Lets make of c3p0, but make him shit
But C-3PO was always shit. He was the Jar Jar of the original trilogy.

Don't we all?

have you ever seen a mine cart in a cartoon that didn't fall off the tracks after teetering around wildly?

Excellent Taste Friend.

Space Pirates are the best.

Looks like somebody has watched IHE's vid

>Lets make of
IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL HERE IN FOREIGNIA WHERE NO ONE SPEAKA THE SILLY ENGLISH AND WE DANCE THE DANCE OF ST. PENIS IN THE VILLAGE SQUARE

Fuck off, C-3PO is GOAT

>Verbally abuses R2, who is constantly shown to be more useful and cute.
>Goes around screaming "OH, MY!" whenever action occurs. At least Jar Jar tried in the Battle of Naboo.

Yeah, no, you OT guys need to take off the goggles.

>a fucking tv show
Yes, but a boring one at that, saddly.

>How do we make a TV show about an eccentric emperor?
>I know! Let's make him not an emperor and make him go to school!

tfw I bought my mom and grandma tickets to see a movie about cows for mothers day when it came out.

My BOY