Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pHZneOidj9A
m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms
m.youtube.com/watch?v=GOxJpGI8SWc
youtube.com/watch?v=4o7VE30ptHo
youtube.com/watch?v=sBYrtRyn0H0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm still mad that Johnny didn't sing the full version of Stay with me

Yeah I thought the movie was pretty amazing a lot of sing threads lately I guess because it just came to Netflix a lot more people have been watching it

recently saw it in a park after eating a bunch of watermelon with my dad who cried at the gorilla parts.
shit was weird

No. The music was good, and the performances were on point.
The movie as a whole was a by-the-numbers underdog movie that was completely spoiled in the trailer.

Holy shit man try to make the marketing a tiny bit less obvious

Netflix subscriptions start at 9.99 before as many great movies such as the latest Marvel movies, trolls, the Minions movie and many great TV shows such as Daredevil Jessica Jones Luke Cage Orange is the New Black and don't forget to check out the upcoming Defenders order your subscription today

it was easily better than Zootopia

>Sing came to Netflix
Oh shit, I was hoping it was coming ever since I noticed Moana there.

Woah user, let's not get too crazy here.

I've seen like three sing threads in the past hour
I just watched it with my niece and nephew the day before, further lending credence to my belief that I can psychically influence Sup Forums discussion

I've noticed this phenomenon on Sup Forums before after I watch an old anime, I find a thread on it

Don't forget Sing on netflix make sure everyone watches SIng please watch Sing it didn't do great so we're trying to get more people to watch it on Netflix and buy SIng related merchandise please watch Sing

youtube.com/watch?v=pHZneOidj9A

Anyone else find the gorilla attractive?

I keep thinking this movie is about as close to a 3D cgi muppet movie as it can get without actually being a cgi muppet movie.

It had the plot majority of the muppet movies have.

what the fuck

>dat wall
Professional help is only a phone call away. Don't delay.

>and this is our son's room.

Ash is a qt

>it didn't do great

I know you're fake shilling but it did very well.

>it didn't do great

It made like 600 million dollars worldwide. It did pretty good.

I want those rahkshi

All the characters in this are so cute.

L-U-C-K!

lol yeah right

It was surprisingly cinematic.

It's been a long time since I've audibly gasped at something in confusion

Thanks you fucking weirdo I really needed to feel better about myself today. God image being such a god damn disappointment. Seek help

Rock Dog was better

>that was completely spoiled in the trailer.
Like fucking seriously, let's put the end of the movie in the trailer
Fucking what

no one can help him now...

holy shit

wow.I haven't been legit shocked by something on Sup Forums for so long.and what the fuck is that orange thing his OC?

Oh sweet mother of God, this is horrifying.

do you think he kills people then puts them in a gorilla suit and then fucks them pretending its him?

Sing is a solid, likable little time-waster. The story is a bit thin, but the characters are fun and engaging. It's not Zootopia, but it's a little more substantive and less goofy-frenetic than Illumination's other films.

Nice doubles

>it's not Zootopia

Of course it isn't. That movie was preachy Disney garbage made by sjws.

it outperformed moana in my country. and sing had an incredibly shitty dub with the animals singing with their english voices and it felt so fucking weird. meanwhile moana had one of the best localizations ever.

i hate this world

i pretty much lost all respect for the movie when i learned the director said he believed in white privilege and used the movie as a way to signify that and how "oppressed" gay people like him are

oh no you mentioned Zootopia, here come the crazies to respond to it
Seriously, though I agree. It was cute, shallow yet fun. Wouldn't buy the DVD, but was pleasantly surprised while watching it on a plane.

>DVD
>in 2017

...Right, fuck, Blu-Ray. Whoops.
DVD just feels catchier to say, y'know? Stuck in the habit.

A bit anal dontcha think?

and that other one, who teaches her son to feel inferior about himself because he's not white.
All I wanted to enjoy a good movie with talking animals, not find out it was going to be part of some delusional "agenda" against whites.

Fuck you.Disney. Fuck you.

>All I wanted to enjoy a good movie with talking animals, not find out it was going to be part of some delusional "agenda" against whites.
>"agenda"

>Anyone else find the gorilla attractive?
-t. Jimmy Russel

It makes sense if you read the whole post as sarcasm. Actually, the post as a whole only makes sense if you read it as sarcasm.

Fuck off, Reddit.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLX_gMwKms

K. Maybe I used wrong word. this should explain what I meant.

I really liked it. I'd watch it again.

The songs were good, and I liked the fact that all the stories of the characters all connected to eachother, but still stayed independent.

I saw an interview saying that every character was meant to grow in some way at the end of the film, and I definitely see that. (Well, in everyone but Gunter, but he was a joke character anyways)

Also, if anyone here has done any type of performing, Sing does a great job of showing what it's like to be a performer.

I did musicals back in high school, and Sing nailed that "everyone's in it for the show" aesthetic.

Sing is fucking garbage, what are you talking about?

I feel bad for playing video games in my spare time when I'm done with classes. Not anymore.

t.zoophiles

We're talking about the family friendly movie Sing now on Netflix and DVD, the movie Sing is really good and it's now on Netflix and DVD so watch Sing, we all love Sing and it's so good so watch Sing and this isn't marketing

Not really, it was just as lazy and forgettable as everything Illumination has done hell the characters didn't even need to be animals unlike Zootopia where it played to the theme of the story and was the basis of the most of the humor in this it was largely done for marketing and the character designs aren't even good.

>basing your opinions on what the movie wasn't instead of what it was

They removed the shock collars and stuff for a reason you know.

user, no.
The character design and the world building of Zootopia alone are easily better that all this movie.

Shouldn't ever consider them in the first place, but nahh "muh white guilt" tells us we must keep them, until it was almost too late.
magic's gone.

I think you are being a bit of a whiny bitch.

Movies go through multiple drafts. There are almost no movies that get made from the first draft

Not to this scale.

Total rewrites aren't THAT uncommon.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=GOxJpGI8SWc

Not even gonna lie I'd fuck the gorilla boy

>not the pig milf

people will kill me but for some reason I liked more than Zootopia, no joke

>not the lizard gilf

I really wish we got that movie instead,looks much more interesting.

Stop this

I cried at this part of the movie and when meena got the courage to sing

The most waifu-able character.

Sing pulls off two commendable feats. The licensed music usage didn't feel cheap or exploitative, and the ensemble storyline was juggled efficiently. It's a testament to genuine appreciation for performance and judicious story editing.

I might cried if the trailer didn't spoil it for me

What was your favorite song from the movie, Sup Forums? This one was mine, even if we only hear a snippet of it in the movie itself. Also, Johnny was my favorite contestant by far, especially since I'd have love to see more of his dad's Gorilla gang, even if Johnny already had the most development out of the contestants by far already.
youtube.com/watch?v=4o7VE30ptHo

I dunno, it was pretty dull and predictable.

The only good character is the main character.

I really liked it. It might not be the best movie of 2016, but definetly worth checking out.

That said though, I think what killed it in the eyes of the public were both the trailers and the fact that it's another movie with animals in a single year.

Zootopia designs were more clever and made sense, sure, but these were still cute.

Mike? yeah he was based

youtube.com/watch?v=sBYrtRyn0H0

THIS

Was there really a point to them being animals? They didn't really play into the different species being people aside from a joke here and there...

It was pretty good. One thing though...

>Opera singer's main song is Golden Slumbers by the Beatles.

>Opera singer is also a major diva.

>Make opera singer alpaca and not a beetle, which would have been a great visual gag

Just got done watching it and it was alot More enjoyable than I'd thought it'd be.

>Was there really a point to them being animals?

Thank God I didn't see the trailer then

Making the characters animals is the only way to use stereotypes without being called on it.

Does there need to be a point?

Though this movie could've easily been made in live action and been pretty much the same.

Nope they just wanted marketability and there's no harder market to retards then having cute animals sing pop songs!

>great job of showing what it's like to be a performer
>genuine appreciation for performance

Any other movies do this?

>The licensed music usage didn't feel cheap or exploitative
I'm starting to think there's some serious shilling going on here

>still not Pig milf art

I'm genuinely happy they didn't throw any romantic stuff between Gunther and Rita. He was just a nice guy who wanted to help get her out of her shell.

>Illumination films
>having any staying power
For films that make such money people are quick to forget them

Watch Trolls for an example of something cheap and exploitative.

I thought they were going to go that direction too and I was dreading it.

I'm glad the husband didn't even care that she was performing with another male pig
Like he got that it was a professional friendship
Not a single bit of forced drama

>something cheap and exploitative.
That's Illumination's motto!

Well now that Dreamworks is Illumination's bottom bitch, yeah.

As far as good animated movies about music that aren't musicals, only Bakshi's American Pop comes to mind.