So is this the best graphic novel of all time?

So is this the best graphic novel of all time?

Depends on who you ask. Time magazine seems to think so.

1. not even the best Moore story

2. it's also not a graphic novel

Best graphic novel of all time will always be Bone

Kingdom Come is better and has real superheroes not garbage OCs.

So is this the best capeshit graphic novel of all time*

If you're an edgy teenager or young adult sure. But once you grow out of thinking nihilism is deep you move on to better comics, I'd say All-Star Superman and Hard-Boiled are both way better.

Does it make you happy that the same guy that wrote Kingdom Come writes Champions now?

All-Star Superman isn't as good as any of Moore's Superman stories, including Supreme and Majestic

Kingdom Come sucks dude
>REEEEEEE Cable is popular and comics appeal to kids for once

Kingdom Come has gorgeous artwork and the -idea- for the story is great but the execution was fucking horrible and it's really boring and short as well as poorly written.

seriously, most overrated comic of all time. If you're looking for a counterpoint to edgy superheroes you're better off just reading an actual not edgy superhero comic like All-Star supes.

No it isn't

>Only edgy teenagers like Watchmen

Seriously man?

I have seen a lot of strong baitposting lately, well done sir

I also said young adults. seriously grow out of your quarter-life crisis and realize that nihilism is a garbage worldview.

literally look at the pretty pictures: the book

Without Ross, Kingdom Come wouldn't even be a footnote.

Would you mind telling me why you think Watchmen is a nihilist book?

Thanks, I put some thought into it.

Ha

>not garbage OCs

Everyone acts so out of character they might as well be

The entire thing is a morose and unrealistic view of the Cold War that never came to fruition because the world isn't that shitty.

THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE THE WORLD IS TO NUKE MILLIONS OF INNOCENT PEOPLE

Except the whole book was telling you why Ozy was wrong.

>killing a mass murderer after the tenth time he breaks out of jail and slaughters a thousand people makes you LITERALLY HITLER and will result in the entire Earth becoming a hellhole

omg citizen kane of comics 10/10

yet all discussion I've seen related to it (even outside Sup Forums) talks about how Ozy was right all along.

And his actions do avert a total nuclear war for some retarded ass reason. Even the heroes aside from Rorschach say he saved the world.

Kingdom Come is garbage, the only books that somehow manage to be worse are "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice, and the American Way?" and "Under the Hood."

Then Dr Manhattan has a funny way of approving his actions.

it was because he and his team tortured Parasite and he split atom man causing a nuke. got too cocky and too obsessed with punishing the villain.

same thing happened to Teen Gohan only Goku was able to teleport Cell away.

oh wow a completely vague line that can be interpreted literally any way, especially coming from a god character who simultaneously exists in every possible time to the point he doesn't even consider himself human

Then prehaps you should read the poem "Ozymandias" by Percy Bysshe Shelley. Or, as you can see here, the Black Freighter story was a metaphor for Ozy's plot. Things didn't end too well for the Black Freighter guy.

You actually missed one of the most obvious points of the book, this has to be bait.

>most overrated comic of all time
Daily reminder The Killing Joke exists

You're dumb, look at the panel wher Ozymabdias goes "I DID IT" and notice how his arms are positioned like the hands of a clock. It's symbolic of how he hasn't ended the threat of armegeddon, he has merely postponed it

The Black Freighter guy and Ozymandias are not parallels, except by the loosest, most permissive interpretation. The Black Freighter guy represents how close we are to a descent into barbarism, and is an extension of the threat of nuclear doom; the animal backed into a corner, so to speak. Ozymandias represents the will to use this animal-ness, this closeness to barbarism to revive the goodness in humanity through the acknowledgement of a common threat. The Black Freighter guy is the lesson that Ozymandias had learned.

Moore has straight up said that the Freighter story is a parallel of Adrian, along with other parts referring to Rorschach's capture and Manhattan's self imposed isolation.

They both fall under paranoia and an incredible sense of urgency to save their loved ones. They carve a bloody path to save people no matter what the cost, but in the end are horrified at what they have done. The character accepts his fate and joins the ship of the damned. Ozy is plagued by nothing but questions over whether he has done the right thing, and is marooned in Antarctica for his sins.

Maybe in Capeshit

No.

>graphic novel

definitely the best one I've ever read

Not even close.

Also Sandman is an acceptable answer if you're old.

>All-Star Superman
Mediocre story from a boring superhero
>Hard Boiled
Miller being edge-lord again

The mediocre white man says hello OP.

Not by a long shot. Maybe the best geek cultured oriented graphic novel but comics is a medium, not a genre. There are much better comics out there aimed towards adults and non-geeks. And it isn't a graphic novel, it's a collection of all 12 issues in a series.

ah some Jean Giraud To bad he passed away.

It's a lot of things, but the conclusion the Black Freighter is most definitely a parallel for Ozzy's arc. Black Freighter dude manages to save his village from the seemingly unstoppable Freighter, but he does so by sacrificing innocent lives, and he is irreversibly corrupted in the process.

It's a genuinely great piece of work, but there are others that resonate more personally with me.

The patrician's choice

not only is it not even a graphic novel, time doesn't even exist
but is certainly the best thing named watchmen that alan moore wrote

Literally better than anything Moore has shit out.