The bully is secretly insecure

>the bully is secretly insecure
>and has a secret heart of gold

Why does western animation do this? Judeo-Christian forgiveness?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HDhLmh8b0Ls
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Name one (1) example of this

I can't recall a single account of this being the case. I do however remember the trope of the bully being a victim of abuse at the hands of their parents.

>Why does western
kill yourself

Nelson in the simpsons?

>western animation

It's red oni, blue oni dude.

Kind of true, they can't seem to decide whether he's a bully or a friend sometimes. Jimbo, Dolph and Kearney are definitely not good people though.

What's the context/source of that panel?

>heart of gold
pic unrelated

Japtoons do this too. The characters are just generally assholes rather than outright bullies. It's called the tsundere archetype.

Bakugo is always shown as a 'respectable' guy in the inside

Why do people have the little kid in hero academy?

I keep seeing people calling him the devil or backstabber like Griffith

Flash Thompson

Happy Hogan from Iron Man Armored Adventures

Powerless kid got beaten by fan's favorite character, a bully with a powerful power
Fun thing is that Tumblr love the bully, even though he is the representation of "privilegeTM"

Flash had to grow up

>the bully is secretly insecure
Good. Makes them feel like more than a robot punching bag. Especially if they have strong reasons to be insecure.
>and has a secret heart of gold.
Fuck no.

It's a pretty common anime trope too.

Flash Thompson got his legs blown off in Afghanistan. I'm pretty sure the pic related was during his birthday or some shit.

>Flash Thompson
Flash wasn't insecure, and he didn't really have a heart of gold either. He just grew up and realized he was kind of an asshole as a kid and tried to make amends.

Happy was never much of a bully. He was more of a dumb jock who could be a bit rude sometimes.

oops, sorry, wrong panel

Flash went to 'Nam. That changes a man.

Nelson felt sort of realistic in how he would flipflop between a bully and a friend to the other kids. All the bullies I saw growing up would alternate, too.

>the bully hates the MC
>the bully hates everything
>the bully is a genius
>the bully is better liked universally than the MC
>the bully has a cooler power than the MC

Japs ruin shit

Happy was dumb muscle at a school for intelligent rich kids. They were way meaner to him than he was to them, but he was so dumb that he never picked up on it.

these two aren't true at all though.

>Bakugou
>heart of gold

That accurately describes me. I'm verbally mean to people, but anonymously do exceptionally nice things for them. I am the nicest person people have ever met, but only a select few are aware of this fact

Check the official polls
Come on, dude. Explosive Sweat is way more interesting than Super Strength that temporarily damages MC's untrained body.

how can uraraka be so fat if she doesn't eat

Deku is a great guy but I'm sick to death of the "so totally selfless my body moved on its own" shit.

Bakugou is a complete asshole, but I respect that he can put his money where his mouth is and is able to back up all his shit-talk.

>The asshole is actually an asshole and a bad person

BRAVO LYNCH

Man, there really are a lot of actual teenagers here now, aren't there?

Genetics

jesus christ I absolutely hate this trope in anime, the whole "my body does this but my mind wants to do something else!!" it's literally in all shounen and even in stuff that has nothing to do with fighting

Because her body stores as much fat as it can get when she eats.

To attract mates.

>my body does this but my mind wants to do something else!!
MY HIPS ARE MOVING ON THEIR OWN

>a poll of actual humans is the same as the opinions of characters in a story
Deku is frankly not that interesting on his own most of the time. He has almost no personality beyond taking notes, an obsessive desire to be helpful and an inability to talk to a fat girl. It's not surprising that his rival character with a louder and more comical personality and a very obvious need for character development as well as instruction in how to properly cape ended up more popular with readers, who almost certainly don't identify with bullies.

Oh, that is my bad for not specifying.
He's universally liked more than Deku in real life.
In the manga, not at all.

but Bakugou is secretly insecure and has a secret heart of gold. There's also an uncomfortably varied amount of ships for the spaz.

That poll was 60% horny females. And they naturally love their abrasive asshole badboy. That's why they try to ship Ochako with him.

that's just because fujos want him to be butt fucked by other dudes. Bakugous power is flashy but there are way more interesting powers. Yeah deku's could be less generic.

Man, this is the first time I've talked äbout bnha since Sup Forumss general got unbearable.

Bullies are people who hate themselves,
Abused at age 6 and molested at 12.

I like her

>60% of BnHA Shonen Jump readers are horny females
I'm calling bullshit on that.
but I think people just ship Ochako with him to piss off shippers.
That's okay with me.

I think Midoriya can do better.

literal yawn-inducing sakura/rukia/nami clone

youtube.com/watch?v=HDhLmh8b0Ls

>He hasn't seen the yaoi
It literally gulfs any other type of pairing.

I'm not gonna say you're wrong but I'd say a bigger factor is he actually gets characterized. I dont like him but his story is going somewhere, more than Deku to be honest.

yeah, Im ok with that, everyone knows froppy is best grill

Eri is for hugging, not shipping

>Rukia didn't get with Ichigo
Still a little bit fanny flustered. Sakura I could see going either way, but Nami is for Usopp

Why do females love assholes?

Right. This is more an issue with shonen protagonists tending toward blandness than the character with more problems being inexplicably popular. It's almost inevitable that such characters play well with audiences when the lead is so unfailingly nice and always in the right.

Deku's problem is just that the writer made him a plain otaku in a world of weirdos. But bakugou isn't really going anywhere except sitting on kirishima's dick.

Diamond Tiara in My Little Pony:Friendship is Magic

There was a person that used to bully me when i was a young kid, but when he grew up he turned up to be a normal nice person and he said he is sorry about what he's done to me

So i think, people can really change user. i don't know why he bullied me back then but he clearly regrets it now

The exact same reason you and I would fuck a crazy chick raw.

Sakura, Rukia and Nami are pretty much nothing like one another.

The only thing barely refreshing about Deku is that he's calculating and smart, but even that is only a fresh concept to Shounen Jump.

They actually don't really. They love hot dudes, so they're willing to put up with their asshole behavior, and attractive people have less need for politeness and less incentive to hold back their impulses since they know others will give them a pass.

>not liking redemption stories done for villain characters
>not liking seeing someone turn their life around and try to make up for their past mistakes

I wanna fuck that frog.

That's still more than you can say for Deku.

I'm going to take advantage of a non shit-tier Hero thread to ask this. Does anyone else hate all the villains in this series so far?

Boring? Nags? Second banana to the actual main love interest?

>>the bully is secretly insecure
because this is usually the root of bullies. As long as the bully is pointing out your flaws, no one is looking very closely at the bully's

first time i've heard of this theory but I believe it

We'll see. I like him more than most shounen protags.

content from every country is like this because a lot of bullies redeem themselves in real life.

>bully stays a bully the whole series and no one really cares

I also rank Deku a point above because people call him out on being reckless and stupid during shit like his bout with Todoroki, and he agrees with them and changes his behavior.

Was that his dad in that first page?

All of them? Really?

Nigga, Nami ain't boring. Rukia was ok early on though. Also
>Second banana to the actual main love interest?
That doesn't even apply to Nami

Cheap food is fattening. And she knows Izuku loves em THICC.

Bakugou is immensely insecure, because he's known Deku was better than him since he was four years old. He just doesn't have a heart of gold. He's developing some empathy though after the immense shame brought on by causing All Might to retire.

>Second banana to the actual main love interest
>Nami

I'm sorry? There's no romance shit going on with the main characters. And Luffy's only possible love interest gets way less screentime than Nami.

Also she's plenty fun.

>This guys a bully but it's okay because he's good "friends" with the kids he torments
What an awful moral.

I wanna headpat her and have lot of holding hands sessions with her

They were always here. I started browsing Sup Forums when I was 19.

...33 now.

>Grape in the background

kek

the average age of Sup Forums was 16

Handyman is supposed to be an idiot manchild that you don't respect, the fun is seeing him faceplant enough times until he starts learning.

Stain is fine, I'm sure I would have gotten tired of him eventually but he didn't outlast his welcome for me.

All for one is great.

The plague doctor dude is meh, as expected of a filler villain.

I do have to scale that back, the league of villains is really the worst. Maybe I need to reread the series but all I see is a group of people being evil just to do it, do they have any sort of goal they want to obtain besides killing heroes?

Why are you calling My Hero Academia 'western animation'?

>I'm calling bullshit on that.

60% of the people that bother to answer the polls are filthy fujoshi.

what are you talking about? he was in a gay relationship with the kid he "bullied"

>when stain takes off his mask and he's super determined, everyone was frozen
this was retarded and just plays into that 'psychological' meme that nips love

Please. Bullies do it because of sadism. But writers wanna seem "so three dimensional" by making them misunderstood.

>The plague doctor dude is meh, as expected of a filler villain.
And he's the only one I kinda like since I can see his goal, he wants to be a yakuza boss and that comes with benefits I can understand.

I was part of the original edgy 12-13 kids of Sup Forums when Newgrounds wasnt enough for me at the time .... Im 24 y.o almost 25 now, not to be honest I left 4chins many years ago actually before moot sold out to Hirokike and run to mootxico or something like that, just recently came back and seriously consider leave again after see its horrible stage

Buford from phineas & Ferb

"Killing intent" is a real thing in Japanese culture. Came from the samurai.

All for One was THE kingping of crime for literal generations. He got fucked and is now trying to rebuild his empire with a side of revenge on All Might, also raising a succesor just in case.

>western
Why is it that the first examples that came to mind were Eastern? Hajime no Ippo and the first Yugioh.

Same, tripfag.
Where did you migrate to and when?
I browsed chan, 7/11chan, 420chan during the boxxy cancer.
By the time I came back here, I had missed an entire generation of shitposting. I should probably do it again.

Kinda, they're all kind of meh. The recent one who only cares about fighting and goes as far as to heal them up later so he can fight them again in the future is probably my least favorite.

Shigaraki is supposed to suck. Right now he's a Saturday morning cartoon villain, but he's growing into a genuine BBEG.