DC: We found some unprinted Kamandi Challenge stories by Jack Kirby and are releasing them! Then we're taking our best...

DC: We found some unprinted Kamandi Challenge stories by Jack Kirby and are releasing them! Then we're taking our best artists and best writers and creating a 12 issue maxiseries where a new creative team picks up the story from the following issue trying to get the next team to come up with a way out of whatever danger Kamandi is in! We've got new miniseries and maxiseries by our best writers and artists following some of Kirby's best creations! Lastly we have a series of one-shots focusing on the variety of diverse characters created by the King!

Marvel: we have $1 reprints and recolored variants of Kirby's art that your store can only get by ordering 1000 copies of a single issue. Fantastic who?

I'm not trying to start a company wars thread, but what the Hell is wrong with the comics side of Marvel?

You forgot to mention the best part: that fourth world omnibus releasing at the end of the year

>We found some unprinted Kamandi Challenge stories by Jack Kirby and are releasing them!
I don’t remember this. Got a link?

Because honestly, very few people care about the Kirby DC stuff, and at this point Kirby in general, and Marvel knows that.

Oh never mind, they’re in the Kamandi Challenge Special one shot. Forgot about that.

>very few people care about the Kirby DC stuff
Maybe true in the casual crowds, but definitely not in the comic community.

> Marvel: We made Captain America a Nazi

You know, I thought the Kirby one-shots would really suck but the New Gods Special was actually really well done and a good homage to Kirby's comics. So bravo, DC. I'm looking forward to the rest of your one-shots.

You for real son?

>very few people care about the Kirby DC stuff

DC's big tentpole movie this year has a Kirby character as the villain.

>DC: in remembrance of dillon we put a memorial page at the end of all our comics for a month
>Marvel: who?

So making money off a dead man's work is a positive?
Not saying that Marvel is not doing it out of respect for Kirby (HAH!) but I'd hardly consider this commendable.

Marvel is a completely fucking mess with no kind of editorial oversight at the moment. Every component of their staff is at odds with every other component. Everything is overhyped and marketed to oblivion with no regard for the whole. Sales only matter month to month. There's no serious nurturing of talent.

DC, in comparison, has had its real 'Rebirth' in editorial and management which has meant that while IMO the books mostly continued at an average-decent level of quality barring a few standouts the company and line as a whole are much more cohesive and have a clearer selling point and level of care for readers, as well as understanding which books are for which groups.

Wtf does that even mean in regards to the topic?

>expecting anything from modern Marvel

I really wish they didn't choose bottom-tier artists for the Kamandi Challenge. I find that shit incredibly disrespectful.

> our best artists and best writers

Eh

>So making money off a dead man's work is a positive?

That's not the kind of argument you want to go down the rabbit hole of.

Chaykin's Newsboy Legion one came out and it was kind of a mess...but the tone and heart was in the right place.

Are they making money off of it? Yes. Are they being tasteful and paying respects to him? Yes.

If you think there's no love for Kirby at DC, look at Forever People. Didio's Kirby passion project.

Huh, didn't notice it came out. Are those the only two of the Kirby homage issues out right now?

Yep.
Next week the one shot about his and Simon's Sandman hero.

Thanks, man.