So, with the Orion and Mister Miracle issues we just got...

So, with the Orion and Mister Miracle issues we just got, is it implied the New 52 changes to the mythos have been largely undone?

How so?

No mention of the life equation and Highfather actually acts like the Highfather.

>No mention of the life equation
Oh that got mentioned the same day in the Hal Jordan comic. So no.

I would say so. MM was referred to as Scott Free, not Scot and Highfather looked like he did before. Also, when they referred to the story of the son swap, they never said that he and Darkseid were brothers. I certainly hope that is undone and Drax is Infinity Man again. ALso hope to see the real Serafin when we see the Forever People next.

Not really since Multiversity has implied there is multiple incarnations of the New Gods spread across the Multiverse.

Is Orion married to Bekka in the current continuity?

I'd imagine the version we've been seeing is in the mainstream universe. Could also be that the merging of Superdad and Superbro altered the continuity of the New Gods since he's tied to them somewhat.

So is this good or not? It's sold out everywhere where I live.

Merging Drax and Highfather was a very dumb decision.

I thought Mister Miracle was okay, but New Gods Special was really good.

I hope they bring Oberon back. The revelation in the first issue was sad.

Highfather also looks and acts like himself in the Bug book.

Has the "standing" thing always been a thing?

Has Orion always just shown up to beat Scott? No that's something King created because his version of Orion is a bully.

Rebirth continuity is a mess

It was actually a pretty smart one, given that Highfather was being overplayed as a dictator.

Much like everything else in that Forever People run...it served as a lifeboat.

I forgot is Highfather suppose to be a well meaning but still a complete dick head still?

Nope.
Or, well, yes since the current Venditti arc is a pseudo-sequel to Godhead and info on the arc is about people trying to assassinate that version of Highfather

Goodnight sexy boy, we hardly knew ye.

A lot of people didn't like you but I did.

F

It's a good design, but the only one that complimented it was Lightray's redesign...and they never shared any real screentime

When did that happen? The big giant map of the Multiverse from that book had Apokolips outside of the orrery.

The New Gods are Gods user. They have multiple versions and their lives are stuck in narrative loops like all the others.

This is what, the 4th time High Father has been killed?

In the Kamandi story there is reference to how each universe has their own New Gods

That never made sense. Just like the Negative Zone existing outside the Marvel multiverse. There are always other versions.

Honestly, as mythological figures, that's pretty much all you need to explain away New Gods centered stories not jiving.

Sorta like how George Miller explained Fury Road.

NO.

But then again Scott isn't supposed to be a suicidal suburban slubb. But King is only capable of writing one kind of protagonist.

The Realm of the Gods exists outside the "main layer" of the multiverse behind the speed force wall. All the gods there have their own versions inside the different Earths.

anyone else get the impression this takes place around the time of Final Crisis?

I wouldn't take this run's design as the absolute interpretation for how the characters look for two reasons. One, that we don't know when happens or even in which universe: could be even outside time and space. Two, that it looks like Scott is an unreliable narrator and the reality he ses and breaths is not totally right. Three, that Orion wears his new desing in the last issue of Hal Jordan and the GLC.

Honestly not out of the question, given how Bug! is a sequel to Cosmic Odyssey.

Besides, they're ideals. We just perceive their shadows. It's why there are multiversal clones, because they are like direct access icons to the actual app, qhich emanates from the source.

Did you guys like Mister Miracle #1? I just read it a little bit ago and thought it was kinda dumb and barely explained anything.

It has some interesting aspects and themes, but those seem to be more stapled on than coming from a real place in the Fourth World.

Which is fine in a long term story view, but it does drift from the purpose of using a property to begin with.

I liked it a lot.
It's good. For certain readers at least. It's ained a certain public target.

I guess I'll wait for the next issue to really pass judgement. I really want to like the character and the idea, but the story just didn't grip me and even though it was a #1 issue it seemed like there was so much I didn't understand.

Well, I can see how. It's easy to not get a lot of things because it's made for the reader to not get them. Same as how Scott feels something is wrong, but stronger. Knowing the basics and a bit more of the characters helps, but given that they're playing tge card of 'sonething's wrong with this reality" and clearly changing the status of characters and events, it's event counterproductive to know too much, even if it helps in guessing what could be happening.

I don't know if my words make any sense, but in ant case, you can always read it online and if you really like it, wait for the trades. Or buy the issues and later sell again.

Wonder Woman's upcoming James Robinson story is about Baby Darksied

And Venditti is already writing the New Gods in Green Lantern.

Will you people please the read the solicits.

So, where is the "anti-matter" universe on that map ? Honest question, I always just sort of assumed that it was a name for another part of the regular galaxy or something

So I assume Rucka is finally off Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman is readable again?

>it's made for the reader to not get them. Same as how Scott feels something is wrong

Oh. I didn't realize it was intentional. I thought it was stuff carrying over from the previous run that I needed to be familiar with.

Your words make sense. But there is a third camp where knowing too much is also a detriment due to King purposefully changing things to fit the schematics of the narrative, outside of the changes inherent to whatever plot devices there are.

W-Well, for me, at least, seems intentional. I may be wrong.

In any case, if you end up not liking it, it's ok. Don't let other anons opinion overwrite yours.

Oh, no, whatever it ends up being, Omega Effect/Sanction/Anti-Life or some such...something is definitely off with the world

Yep, you are right, user.

Nope. Writer that took over for Rucka is only on for five issues (two of which are out) and she only did the DC Super Hero Girl books before.
The Robinson story is editorially mandated about Diana's hidden twin brother, and seems to include Grail, so people are assuming that Babby Darkseid will be in it. Robinson is also only on for a few issues (5-6)

New Gods special was thrash.

We can leave off new gods written by shitty writers as avatars.

The art wasn't great but it was a rather well done primer on Orion that touched upon almost every important character beat he has.

I'm pretty sure Mr.Miracle is not in the current canon

So Rucka will be back after Robinson's arc?

We don't know who is on after Robinson. Presumably it will be another bigger name, but Rucka is doing his own creator owned stuff again right now. He made a post on his blog when he was announced to be on the book that he wanted to do 24 issues, and he ended up doing 25 + annual + Rebirth special in under a year, so he is Diana'd out. His "why I'm leaving" post mentioned that he felt like he was letting his other creative partnerships down (like Black Magik and Lazarus).
His second run wasn't actually that bad, and he barely retconned stuff. The amazons were changed, but most of her New52 history was intact (daughter of Zeus, had the old fling with Steve, etc). Jurgens erased the WW/Superman relationship, and Rucka altered their first meeting a bit to fit the other retcon.

Unlikely, but we don't know yet.

The only issue I see with that is Scott as MM instead of Shilo