Can we have a good old fashioned Regular Show thread

Can we have a good old fashioned Regular Show thread

Underage ban

Shut the fuck up.

The name of your picture both disturbs and arouses me.

Saying "fuck you" to mordshippers automatically makes RS the top cartoon of the decade.

How is this a robin?

Mordecai didn't deserve Margaret or CJ

CJ was too good for him. Margaret was just a slut.

>Regular Show thread
They never survive. It's just so incredible. Make a ship war thread? Ignored. Make a gay mordo and rig image dump thread? Ignored. Try to discuss any episode that got good reception? Ignored. Thomas thread? Ignored.

There's literally nothing that can get Sup Forums to discuss this show. Not even hate bait spam gets directed here. The show wasn't even dead by the time this happened.

It's a shame because I'd like a lively thread but no one wants to discuss it, even if you use a cliche thread starter or gaybait.

Regular Show was great, dudes. I've seen WBB threads get more reception and Sup Forums shits on that hard.

I agree.

Sup Forums is just a place for people to whine and rant and make autistic threads that don't even matter.

They have no impact on anything whatsoever, lusting for power over fictional characters because they want control.

In short: make your own show, faggots.

>Make a gay mordo and rig image dump thread
Those actually seem to get traction

They haven't in awhile, even thread takeovers lack an audience. The last time was a "Mordecai thread" months ago but that was a random spike in interest, and prior to that the only RS threads that got traction was the series finale thread (which was a surprise) and the threads where it was cancelled. I can't remember the last episode thread that even had a good number of people (say more than 15 with a few posts each).

Despite it being dead, I'm sure we could muster up something, but no one even tries anymore, or supports when someone else does.

I wish we got morby drawfags who don't do human or r63 shit

I wish we had drawfags

that would be nice

Bluray box set when?

if they do end up making one I want it to look exactly like that

But its bland, drawn weird, and doesn't feature the right cast lineup, and the sides are blank.

Plus the Mordecai Pulls a Mordecai set doesn't make sense, is it just a repeat of the same episodes from the series listing from the other DVDs?

Eh, Close enough.

The show was fairly mediocre and extremely predictable, and no one wants to discuss that. The only thing that made it stand out, was that the characters were adults, and could get into more adult situations like their career problems, rather than stuff for kids. Although the show really tried it's hardest to show that the characters were mostly manchildren. You see muscleman and expect a shitty mom joke or aggressive meathead insult. Seeing an adult learn life lessons that kids in other shows learn, is not appealing, and is just sad and embarrassing. Sabotaging a friend's ability to enter a college so they can better themselves and live a possibly happier life, is not cool or fun to discuss. That is a dick move, regardless of whatever shitty best friends forever message they want to send. Seeing a burnout adult spill his spaghetti at his friend's wedding is not appealing, and offers no good discussion outside of the person being an spotlight stealing asshole, who still can't grasp the idea of knowing when to act appropriately or discreetly.

I wanted more of this, it seemed fun.

So what you're saying is this show wasn't good and that it isn't worth anyone's time?

Everyone try and say something good about that episode.

>don call back

It's like an edited screenshot of close enough that furries made

That's good because Margaret is hot.

About that, is anyone else sad that Close Enough won't have furries and bros to ship?

I'm sad the humans are defauIt and bIand

I remember write/drawfagging for RS threads back in 2011.

Good times.

Was it shipping stuff? Should post some of your work if you have it

rigby was a dog tho

>waste everyones time with Mord's relationship bullshit
>pair him up with a random literally who girl in the credits
The fuck was the point

I expected it by S7, when CJ was written off and we saw a glimpse of what Mordecai's life with Margaret would've been. They wouldn't have shown that much if they intended it later. Whatever happens happens was just their was of saying they're not gonna care and let the factor of love run their life anymore. At this point the only logical next path to consider was CJ coming back and hooking up with Mordecai after the "we're gonna take a break for awhile" departure.

It was clear that she'd never be fine with Margaret and Mordecai in the same scene though, so unless there was a forced "even if you end up kissing her while i'm watching i'll believe you", there'd be bickering and fights to come. CJ was too hostile and almost murdered Margaret, Mordecai, Margaret's parents and the rest of the innocent party-goers in that 1000th chopper flight episode. She was borderline emotionally stunted. Not to mention they met over a misunderstanding and was effectively written off in her debut episode after another misunderstanding.

In the end, some people see it as a too-real ending. Put in perspective, Mordecai's entire story through the series was this coming of age type thing. He started with this bland guy hopper he's known for years, then met a new girl after he thought she was a done deal. That led to him (and us) learning more of both girls and getting stuck in a rut for a few years, presumably near 5. The end of his rut was when he settled down and made peace with Margaret under the circumstance that he didn't NEED to date her, but that it was an option some day but not to force it. He also made is big mistakes that wouldn't easily be forgotten, like CJ's writing off in the marriage episode.

I've seen a few fans say "it's just real life, you don't end up with the first or second woman you freak over", and that's true and seems to be what they were aiming for to have a story of Mordecai's life, the drama eps aren't moot now, but round out Mordecai's life story.

That post was exactly Sup Forums character limit- I didn't get to say this:

I agree with the annoyance despite them trying to make a Mordecai biography, it does feel empty that he didn't get one of them despite the build up and series focus. I was also wanting him to pick one and get with her until the end. That said I still understand what they did and why, it was just a too real decision. I appreciate that they didn't go one-note everything and tackled more than you'd expect of a kid/teen series though. Despite everything it was a pretty mature series, give or take 20 episodes with fart jokes.

>I've seen a few fans say "it's just real life, you don't end up with the first or second woman you freak over", and that's true and seems to be what they were aiming for to have a story of Mordecai's life, the drama eps aren't moot now, but round out Mordecai's life story.

That's retarded because if you want it to be realistic, than he would not have been the only one to end with a literal who.

I'm just citing reactions and that I can see where they're coming from at least. Even so it still could've been real up until that. Despite the ending's problems there wouldn't be room for any other character getting with a random who because everything pointed to it working for their endgame girl because Mordecai was the only dipshit having girls after him hard but still fucking it up. He was the worst compared to the others.

I mean, maybe Benson could've came back and Pam was with Langer and in the end he was with another girl, but it might've implied that Benson just girl hops and keeps getting dumped like a loser for the rest of his life because there wouldn't be time to show that he actually was with her 'till the end.

>but it might've implied that Benson just girl hops and keeps getting dumped like a loser for the rest of his life because there wouldn't be time to show that he actually was with her 'till the end.

No? Just show him happy with another woman and their freaks of nature then.

People who accept Mordecai's ending as some form of arc instead of a cowardly rushjob cop-out are idiots.

>their freaks of nature
This is another thing about that finale, jesus fucking christ was that bad.

>Eileen is in it
Ruined just like the last season.

Crying like that because you're scared of a vagina?

Just make her character a male and see how crap she is, the only thing she had going for her was being female.

Your hate is so irrational I can't imagine it's not stemming from her ruining your masculine guy cartoon

>generic two buddies with wacky adventures turns into a generic romance comedy drama
what did they mean by this? the earlier season were far better, it was just two dudes on weird adventures, how do you go from that to some outer space shit?

You guys act like the space thing was a multi season thing in par with the romance shit.

It was a finale story, it might not have been great but it's clear it wasn't just "nah now its space because?" mix up. At first it was planned to be an experiment to have fun with, like a season long adventure, then bring them down in S9, but they got trashed halfway through and rushed the ending.

Where the morby at?

Never existed.

Reminder Thomasfags are insufferable, but also it's his VA's 42nd birthday today.

Serious question, is RS worth being given a second chance? I tried watching one episode and it was boring as hell. The whole thing was about Rigby trying to get some old song out of his head. Is the whole series like that or was I just unlucky enough to pick a lame episode?

So Sup Forums in a nutshell

You have autism

Sorry baby.
I only draw Rule 63 art of Regular Show.

By the way, any requests?

Explain

This is trash

For me the Rigy/Eileen thing the writers gave into to was a big sign of decline in the series.

Eileen as a character was supremely uninspired. Her personality was eclectic amalgamation of nerdy quirks and she seemed unduly favored by the writers, like they had to always portray her in a relentlessly positive light. Her interest in Rigby was never really explored, she was just introduced crushing on him and then they became a thing in between episodes.

Worst of all though, it was in large part responsible for the shift in the show from being centered on Mordecai & Rigby's personal dynamic to Mordecai's relationships. Rigby went from being the clear dual protagonist to getting the same attention as Muscleman and Benson while Mordecai held the undisputed spotlight. RS was at its best when it revolved around two best friends and their shenanigans.

No

Well, with attitude like that no wonder Sup Forums doesn't give a shit about your show and your threads. You pretty much deserve it.

So basically Minty Lewis ruined everything.

More Rigby please...

Or you could just watch it and think for yourself

Replace Eileen with Mordecai and replace Rigby with Rigby.

I wouldn't say that exactly, but when Eileen&Rigby became a thing was a shift in the direction of the show, which can't only be attributed to that, but that the entire writers room was groping for new material for episodes.

Doing what user?

Eating my stinky big vagina

Fuck I just want an RS thread to survive.

Minty Lewis can't emote well.

Rigby was better right as he started to get nicer but was still an asshole and caused issues and didn't take anyone's shit and would call them out directly.

Margaret is better than CJ despite being a bland bimbo. She rounded out that 80s dynamic with being that "one loose girl" you had a crush on. CJ was dead weight and you knew if she wasn't being a cool chick she was losing her head and starting big fights over contrived misunderstandings. She was only fun occasionally.

Benson should've made his own band or Mordecai and the Rigbys should've played at the Park reunion with Benson.

The guys should've had more screentime in the finale. Pops' big twist might've been less offensive if it wasn't forced in our face so hard at the other characters' expense. It was creative ignoring the Superman lore and the minor retcons. This is more an issue with -10 episodes.

CJ should've been a friend if anything.

Skips sacrificing his immortality would've been interesting- I guess Pop's death was as moving as it needed to be.

The series could've held a Season 9 but not a Season 10.

Space was a huge gamble that they needed to go all out with, they almost did a few times but it was pretty boring for a series that thrives on the unexpected (in an expected way) and the fact they didn't 80s the season that hard when being in a setting that could match their energy. If the rumors are true, it was supposed to be another random season but with an arc, making it acceptable a bit.

The budget never should've dropped for a series leading the path for CN's save sake and was getting ratings better than what they kept fucking pushing in the timeslots. The animation being so poor was another contributor to S8 being unremarkable trash.

Morbyfags weren't that bad at the start but later when the fanbase dwindled they were the few remaining fans that posted regularly, therefore seeming more abundant and blunt. I'd still take them over never having threads again.

how do we save regular show merchandise bros?!?

R-regular show characters just don't work in the 3rd dimension....

Rigby doesn't. That's all. Other than that the toys are just fucking cheap crap.

She was great in the first season where she was a massive dork instead of some can-do bootstrapper.

Rigby only doesn't work when his eyes overlap his nose when he raises his face up. Default pose they just need to get his hair fluffs right and that nose/snout right, they don't try at all.

>Rigby was better right as he started to get nicer
I thought it was endearing when Rigby was insecure and jealous.

>I am Ragnol

I get that reference

A few years later he'd be taking a hit on the outcome in the series itself.

suffering

>might have to buy other region DVDs even with the editing
>see this
what kind of fucking rush job is this? i bet the quality is terrible on the disc itself

I'm not sure how you fuck up stock character images.

>morby

i watched this movie a few months ago, it was kinda boring and dragged on and birds dont have teeth

I'm considering getting the Stralyan DVDs but I still hope in the back of my head that someday we'll get a cheap set thrown together of the entire run. I know. CN. It won't happen.

Just remember you're getting a shitty deal, the episodes are edited very badly, and I don't mean "they cut out pissed!", they had the VAs redo many random lines, changed the backgrounds, and I think there's a few times they fucked with the story or just skipped episodes completely.

If you can get them under $15 each it might be worth it, but test one first to see how the quality is.

The ideal Season 8 cover would be like that, but with the purple being a full-casing space BG, and it be a slipcover with a hole in the center where the picture frame is, and inside the slipcover is the actual disc case, and have a picture of the park guys in their space uniform gang picture.

I'm just happy that Quintel is getting a new show that is literally Regular Show without CN restrictions.

But it doesn't seem fun and creative

Yes

Red birds want to be with red birds, pigeons want to be with pigeons — tell me when I'm wrong — blue birds fly with raccoons...

Not furry enough, but I'll bet creative people could splice the audio track with Regular Show footage.

that sucks man

you got a link to those episode btw? i kinda want to watch them but the show isnt out yet

what did he mean by this?

>you got a link to those episode btw?
All we have is that one youtube video on TBS' channel and some crew art.

I think JG works best under restrictions, I can't see dude weed lmao working out. It was fun with RS because it was a safe show, I don't want to watch something that tries too hard to be adult and TOTALLY NOT SAFE while still being immature.

If anything it'd be nice if it got past 2 seasons and they'd be able to expand on their world and characters more, like how with RS they had to have it strictly formula until the 3rd season where they were given less restriction.

Most Morby art seems to have been posted it seems