Mister Miracle

I just picked this book up because I liked Vision and Sheriff of Babylon and I have absolutely no idea what the fuck is going on. I literally only know these characters as the tall wife short guy pair that occasionally gets posted.

Other urls found in this thread:

www59.zippyshare.com/v/K1f61imy/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You sound stupid.

What because I don't have an in depth knowledge of the past 50 years of DC continuity?

Then read a comic.

They're going with a too deep for you style so nothing is going to make sense for the next few issues

Wow lad.

You don't need to have any of that for this comic.

This comic doesn't really use much knowledge of the New Gods, you don't need that to understand it.

Mister Miracle is probably more enjoyable if you don't have any knowledge of the characters and history. In that case, you don't know anything you're not meant to know at the outset of this comic and just read it from a blank slate: in which case it's a slow psychological issue about a superhero with a destiny who just tried to commit suicide.

If you do have knowledge of the characters you know that this is probably an imprisonment in anti-life that Scott is trying to break out of.

As the latter group, I am more interested in us breaking out of that and getting to some wild stuff but I think King is maybe just gonna give us the bulk of the issues with slacker Scott and his nightmare depression.

Also if you don't have more background info, then the stuff that King is mishandling are less apparent.

It isn't necessary.
Fucking read it.
Then stop expecting everything that's going on and who everyone is and what everything means to be spoon-fed to you, constantly.

Everything makes sense in the first issue, what the fuck is wrong with you?

>hero tris to commit suicide
>his vision of reality starts warping around him
>his dad visits and tell's him shits gone down that can warp reality(maybe a red herring? Nobody knows)
>hero doesn't realise a good friend has died
>tension builds with an impending threat in the form outside of Darkseid is all the while this is happening
>he gets told he has to go home and fight a war whole dealing with this

That's all that happened. You don't need a knowledge of 4th World to understand these basic plot beats

I don't read much capeshit exactly because I hate all this continuity bullshit.

>hero tris to commit suicide
I think the issues biggest problem is the opening page does not make that obvious enough. I was a few pages in before I went back and worked it out.

His wrists are slit.

There's little to no continuity bullshit in this first issue.

>opening pahe does not make that obvious enough
nigga wat
He's sitting in a bathroom in a pool of blood with his wrists exposed bleeding and a razer blade on the floor
How do you misinterpret that?

there is if someone doesn't know any of the family ties or the seperate god tribes. People who read mainline DC only get Darkseid from JL stories, they rarely get all the family bullshit that this book deals with.

This thread is why DC doesn't get new readers

>Highfather is his father
Check
>They war against Darkseid
Check
>Orion is his adoptive brother
Check

All covered.

Highgate points out that Orion is Scotts brother
Barda points out Highfather is Scotts father
Barda tells Scott that he's the son of God and he's off to war. It's pretty implicit as to who Darkseid is and they say he killed Scotts father, who is equated to God.

Oberon is maybe the only connection that's not explained

I will admit DC should do recap pages because far too many in issue panels/pages are wasted explaining what happened last issue

>Barda tells Scott that he's the son of God

That's really the biggest problem with the issue

Being hostile to new readers is exactly why DC has been #2 for most of their existence and why even tho Marvel is a complete shitshow right now, they're STILL ahead of DC

Jump off a cliff faggot

This is the problem with monthly comics, Kings made it pretty clear he's going to explain the idea's of 4th World for new readers as the book goes on but if you don't follow his Twitter or read interviews you get people like OP who don't know this and end up thinking a book is impenetrable and are left with more questions than they're meant to at the end of the issue

>Kings made it pretty clear he's going to explain the idea's of 4th World

>"You're the Son of God".

Don't make this about the Fourth World. King is merely using it as tool to tell his own story.

And this is exactly why I think it was almost a good thing that the first issue was sold out at my LCS. I'll just wait for the trade, IF it got good reviews

>I'M FROM Sup Forums PLS SPOONFEED ME

Fuck you. Read comics.

>imagining that godfrey interview as a vhs tape that's badly damaged and things get more warped as the interview goes

That shit was actually pretty unsettling especially at the end.

But yeah OP. It seems Scott is stuck in what is called the Omega Sanction which places its victims in a constant downward spiral and life and death where each life is worse than the last. Scott tried to kill himself to get free of it but failed and he's being forced to stay in it.

Overall it's pretty trippy and even though the narrative will make it clearer as time goes on (hopefully) having some knowledge of the characters help.

This is a different Mister Miracle trapped in the Omega Sanction but shows Darkseid at his pettiest.

>Unless you're a characterfag you'll find this enjoyable.

Why read cape comics which are foundationally character facing?

>supporting characterfaggotry
>>>/plebbit/

I read actual good comics from Image, Vertigo, Dark Horse, Fantagraphics and Drawn and Quarterly as well as Manga and some Franco-Belgian stuff. Stop claiming your shitty cape-bollocks is the entirety of the medium.

>Dark Horse
Outside of Black Hammer and Hellboy, what exactly?

Matt Kindt's creator owned stuff mainly

they have most or all of the Moebius stuff, Jordo stuff, Manara

read some good comics

So you're an arrogant smug douche that's too good for cape comics but now you want to read a cape comic so you're asking cape fans for their help to understand it all while continuing to be an condescending prick?

I wasn't the one who started by literally saying fuck you. I would have remained courteous had I not been met by a barrage of intellectually deprived dweebs apoplectic at the fact I hadn't read hundreds of issues of shitty cape-garbage. Upon challenging the unearned and laughably pathetic superiority complex possessed by you and your contemporaries you have lashed out by calling me condescending, thus conceding that you are indeed a worthless human being who derives his self worth from having read cartoon storybooks for children.

Mister Miracle 001 (2017) (digital) (Oroboros-DCP)
www59.zippyshare.com/v/K1f61imy/file.html

(You)

Maybe he's bad at shaving

>this is what a triggered capefag is like
wew user.

Capefaggery is the real elitism on Sup Forums, they go on an on about how only capes are keeping the industry going but stay in their shrinking bubble and never read anything else. Then they go on saying they can speak for all comics and say they are dying or what ever else they perceive is happening in their corner of the medium. At least indifags try new things once in a while.

>I don't read cape comics but I want to read a cape comic so spoonfeed me about cape comics

It's not elitism, OP is just a cunt.

Kek you sound like an idiot OP. You need 0 knowledge of the New Gods to understand it, and even if you did itd take you a maybe a week to read the essential stuff for them.

I dunno, I like it, it's open ended. She could mean Highfather OR Darkseid.

It doesn't work in either way, since they don't have a sole deity like that.

Some fucking retard was literally making the pitch that Mr. Miracle is too arty for capefags. Read a fucking book, it's at the level of your average Image comic.

Where do I start if I want to into Mr.Miracle

Kirby's Fourth World