This is the most recent Dreamworks movie I can remember, and it was apparently 7 fucking year ago

This is the most recent Dreamworks movie I can remember, and it was apparently 7 fucking year ago.
What are they even doing right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illumination_Entertainment
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Megamind was 10/10, but you should probably also know How to Train Your Dragon

It was bought by NBCUniversal, which also owns Illumination Entertainment

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illumination_Entertainment

"On April 28, 2016, NBCUniversal announced its intent to acquire competing studio DreamWorks Animation for $3.8 billion. Meledandri will oversee both studios following the completion of the merger.[10][11] On August 22, 2016, the acquisition was completed.[12]"

you didn't hear this from me but i think you're cute yaga
also that explains a lot

I think this might be missing some titles but this should help bring you up to speed partway at least.

>Chicken Run
>Shrek 1

I fail to see any other good movies there.

Chicken Run is one of the best animated movies i have ever seen

>not thinking Shrek 2 is better than Shrek 1
unironic shit taste, mate

>tfw Dreamworks only made 4 hand drawn 2d movies
Dang.

There was also a direct to video unofficial "sequel" to Prince of Egypt about Joseph.

working for netflix

>hand drawn

that can't be right

Don't you mean prequel?

Antz >>>>>>>>>> A bug's life

I also think that Megamind, How to train your dragon 1 and 2 are the best animated movies in the last 10 years

>how to train your dragon 2 > kung fu panda

??????????

>The croods had a show
>Turbo had a show
>Puss n boots had a show
>Penguins had a show
>Dragons had a show
>Kung fu panda had a show
>I think even that fucking home had a show

You know... Dreamworks might be on to something

Oh, and aliens v monsters had a show

I never saw El Dorado is it good

Dreamworks animation is making the Voltron Legendary Defender series which is a goddamn beautiful masterpiece of all times.

dat thicc Allura rule 34 as well

>What are they even doing right now?
The latest release is Captain Underpants. Before that was Boss Baby and Trolls.

>Boss Baby is getting a sequel
I can only hope Trump activates the nukes before then.

>Shrek 5 is in development
>memes will probably be in this movie

SOME

Wow, they have a total of 4 2D animated movies... it's been over a decade since they've given it up too..

fuck yes it's a masterpiece

3.8 bil seems like a huge overpay. Didn't Disney buy Lucas Films for 4 bil?

I thought CU was Illumination

It's one of the best movies on that list.

Meh, I worked at a theater when it came out. I thought it was pretty gay.
>Not even being stoned helped me to enjoy it

Take the Z-Pill, anons. Antz is true bug-kino.

>Shitting on Shrek 2, KFP, and KFP2

You wanna fucking go?

>You will never get a crossover of Megamind and Monsters vs Aliens.

it was so gay they had to add chel to make it hetero and it still ended up looking like a poly relationship

>forgeting Prince of Egypt

Outta here

Two of my friends from say that movies like Chicken Run and Wallace and Grommit are bad because the art style is "weird". One of them also said that Who Framed Roger Rabbit is not that good, comparable to Space Jam. This is why we get movies like boss baby and Home

space jam IS better than roger rabbit and boss baby isn't that bad

>Prince of Egypt
>Road to El Dorado
>Sinbad
>Shrek 2
>HTTYD 1 & 2
>Megamind
>KFP 1-3
>The Croods

All of them great.

Oh right, and I forgot Spirit. Great movie, too.

Was Home that bad?

Dreamworks and Netflix made a deal for 12 shows.

It's what you'd expect from a lazy DreamWorks movie, but the alien played by Bazinga man made me loose sleep

wew thank god I'm not american

And still no Megamind show.
Heres my pitch
>every episode is two 11 minute bits, with exceptions
>One half is pre movie the other is post movie, not necessarily connected.

>every fucking poster is just the main character(s) in a generic pose and a single color gradient background

How was Boss Baby anyway?

I need more content of either Megamind or El Dorado, I need it so much, why won't DreamWorks give me what I want

>tfw we'll never get Prince of Egypt remastered in 3D

Really all I care about is the new HTTYD series and the Trollhunter series they have on Netflix.

As I said, it's really not that bad, it's kinda weak in the middle part but it genuinely made me laugh out loud more than once and it draws clever parallels that you wouldn't expect inside itself, plus the sequences that take place in the kids' imagination are really creative in my opinion
It's not a masterpiece and I wouldn't call it DreamWorks' best movie, but it definitely does not deserve all the hate it gets in my opinion.
I encourage you to see for yourself, really

Just ok...they came up with the idea of a baby being the boss and that was about the extent of creativity. From there its just strange, babies are either sent to earth to live with a family or they become trainers at Babycorp...which produces babies. From there its just poop jokes and pop culture references while listening to Alec Baldwin reprise his role as Alec Baldwin in a film for the thousandth time.

Checked off the ones I've watched. Of the ones I haven't, which are any good?

I reccomend El Dorado, Sinbad, Monsters Vs Aliens, ROTG, and Puss in boots.

Turbo. Penguins, The Bee movie, and Madgascar 3 are good for a laugh.

El Dorado (how have you never seen it man?!), Rise of the guardians, The croods, Madagascar 2, Shrek Forever After, and that's it
boss baby too

Drop everything you're doing and watch Price of Egypt and Road to El Dorado right now.

El dorado
Prince of Egypt
Madagascar series
Kung fu Panda series
The croods
Penguins
Rise of the Guardians

Spirit also has a show now too

Where the fuck is El Dorado's show?

Rise of the Guardians is pretty awesome. Its basically Avengers but the team is made up of Santa, The Tooth Fairy, The Sand Man, The Easter Bunny and some other dweeb fighting to save kids dreams or some shit. Its great.

Also Kung Fu Panda 2 is the only good Kung Fu Panda movie. The fight scenes are good, theres a lot less slapstick humor, the villain is great and the whole story is an allegory for when Confucianism took over China and drown out Toaism except in this one Taoism wins. Good movie. Also the climax and last fight are fucking beautiful and still give me chills.

How to Train Your Dragon sequel was good and not just a retread of the first movie like a lot of sequels are, the Croods was actually a lot of fun and I saw Trolls the other day after someone made a thread about it and it was pretty cute/comfy and has some extremely interesting looking art.

Right?
It was decent, but the Shrek memery just makes anything past 1 pure cringe for me.
>liking "Jack Black is a martial arts marsupial"
Please go.
Okay I'm sorry I forgot El Dorado and Prince of Egypt. They were good.
Your friends have shit taste m8. Plantation is 10000% underrated. Wallace and Grommet is the fucking tits.
If you thunk those were all great, your opinion isn't.
This. The second I heard his autistic voice I was turned off from even giving the movie a chance.
And all making that trademark DreamWorks sideways smirk like the stereotypical "cool kid." They all look like Nick from Jimmy Neutron. If anyone had that face irl I'd smack it right the fuck off of em.

I don't know how claymation auto corrected to plantation...

Since 2010? How to Train your Dragon 1 and 2, some Madagascar stuff, some Kung Fu Panda stuff, Mr. Peabody and Sherman.

Nothing really notable, to be honest.

>Dragon 1
Wait, no, scratch that. Megamind came out first.

You sound like the kind of guy I would not invite to movie night

BLAH i can't think right now. The first Dragon came out before Megamind, so it doesn't count.

Likewise, Chastain. You'd autistically screech when everyone else at the party wanted to watch a vastly superior Pixar movie.

...cumstain. I fucking hate phoneposting.

The best part is you're right, no way in hell my friends are seeing a Pixar movie in my house during movie night, they'll suffer through Shrek 2 for the umpteenth time and they'll fucking love it or else I'm disowning them all

So are they going to combine the two companies or is Universal just going to compete with itself releasing Illumination and Dreamworks movies each year?

The most bi-polar listing of movies

>Good movie
>terrible movie
>Good movie
>soso movie
>fucking huge movie
>really bad movie
>really good movie
>fuckawful movie

it just keeps going like that

>likewise, chastain

Really forgettable, it's just dull and not interesting.

Not terrible but not worth paying attention to either

WHERE IS HIS GOATEE

OH SHIT HE'S BALD

>phoneposting
>mass response posting
>horrid opinion posting
Just end it already, good lord.

>I think this might be missing some titles but this should help bring you up to speed partway at least.
Only thing it's missing is Trolls, Boss Baby and Captain Underpants.

I've been phoneposting since 05. What's the problem faggot?

His weak thumbs can't handle it.

You know I love this movie, but why the fuck does it get played on Cartoon Network every day now? I can only ogle Roxanne's giant ass so much before it gets tedious.

GREAT TIER
>Prince of Egypt
>Chicken Run
>Shrek 1&2
>Were-Rabbit
>Dragon 1&2

GOOD TIER
>Antz
>El Dorado
>Kung Fu Panda Trilogy
>Monsters Vs. Aliens
>Megamind
>Puss & Boots
>Croods

MEH TIER
>Sinbad
>Madagascar Trilogy
>Over the Hedge
>Flushed Away
>Shrek Forever After
>Guardians
>Peabody & Sherman
>Penguins

SHIT TIER
>Spirit
>Shark Tale
>Shrek the Turd
>Turbo
>Home

How was Megamind 10/10? Metroman still being alive and not giving a fuck really brought down the message that just because you can, just fuck off and retire and play guitar and hope things work out for the best.

if he was really dead that would be another story

Shrek 7: No Stop on the Shrek Train

BEE MOVIE TIER
>Bee Movie

funny how literally the only reason Megamind didn't get a franchise like despicable me is his minions weren't annoying or obnoxious enough

Just finished watching Trollhunters and it was actually pretty good.

>flushed away
>meh

it's good, just very vanilla. nothing crazy, no big twists or turns, just a fun little family movie

Some of them at least used to have different posters before that became a thing.

Metroman wasn't really the moral focal point of the movie though.

Anybody want to edit those in? I would, but I only have ms paint and I always fuck up trying to edit these chart things with it.

The whole point of the movie is that your role isn't spelled out for you, you decide your own destiny. Megamind may have been pegged as a villain but he was a hero deep down and did it his way. Metroman may have been pegged a similar way, as someone who always HAS to save the day when really he just wants to fuck off and do his own thing. Why should people be forced to do a job simply because they're capable of it? Do you stop all police officer or firefighters from quitting and doing whatever simply because they have the power and experience to save people?

Nope. They had thought about it and were in the process of such. But realized that illumination is run like an utter shitshow and that it would be a disaster.

So they just let Dreamworks run themselves and cut a deal with Netflix to keep that train rolling.

Reasoning is that they have so much money they don't give a shit. Legit that's what they said. Also that they'd make most of that back during Olympics revenue. That kinda didn't happen like they'd planned.

Moreover it was because the head of production didn't want to do "Parodies" anymore. IE Rip off Disney ideas.

Am I the only person here who hated How to Train Your Dragon? I just hated the kid characters so fucking much.

She was in Madagascar 3

>martial arts marsupial
>panda
>marsupial

please tell me it's just a meme i missed

Purple = Must watch
Blue = Great
Green = Pretty good
Yellow = Meh/forgettable
Red = Shit
I didn't mark any I hadn't watched.

>Curse of the Wererabbit is Meh/Forgettable
>Flushed Away is Pretty Good

that's some shit taste you got there.

I JUST watched that two nights ago. Was with a big group of people, and we all wanted to watch Hot Fuzz. Host's laptop broke, so we broke out the DVD player and watched Mega Mind. Was ready to kill myself because it was another fucking kids movie and we always watch those, but it was a solid 8-9/10 for me. Really solid writing, good humor, decent visuals. It should have scored higher critically

I watched Home with my gf and it was horrible.

Go watch prince of Egypt right now.