Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/94428238/

Last time:

-New pics
-The Greek alphabet conspiracy
-The question of who is Kay-2's father continues
-The Blang Sibling Rivalry comic continues
-Pastebins of many things were posted
-Other things I didn't mention

There's also a /d/ thread up which could be relevant to us.

And the next /m/ CYOA thread could happen at any time now, so watching for it.

>The question of who is Kay-2's father continues

Well, there's only 1 way to find out who it is?

Who has the best butt?

Now I'm thinking... if Sup Forumslette is essentially a frankenstein's monster of belove Sup Forums features, shouldn't she have a SHAZAM-like transformation? Adding loli Sup Forums-lette to the table as well...

First off

>Quads

Second, She kinda did. She was originally a ginger girl that would transform to Sup Forumslette by the gauntlets.

But just the idea of Captain Marvel like transformation is funny to me.

>spoiler
How?

Shazam mechanic, user.

Though I'm not sure why /coc/ hadn't gotten any mileage out of this variant of the concept as of yet.

As already mentioned, she did used to have that sort of transformation, but it got phased out over time.

Kind of like how She-Hulk almost never returns to her human form I guess.

>She was originally a ginger girl that would transform to Sup Forumslette by the gauntlets.

"Originally" is an overstatement. It's true that at one time she did have the transformation, but that came after the original pitch. It was a temporary whim, rather than part of the initial design.

Ah, my bad. I wasn't there. It seemed important taking a considerable amount of the wiki page image count.

I can trace the red-haired secret identity all the way back to September of 2008, though it was probably earlier than that.

I think it was semi-regularly used up until 2010, then it appeared less and less.

The oldest pic of Sup Forumslette I have I can only trace back to March of 2008, but I know I got it from plus4chan, so it was a re-post to there from the thread that originally made her in 2007. I'm pretty sure it was late 2007.

That gallery is just to show the origin of her powers, which is more-or-less the same in each version.

It just so happens that the first time her origin got drawn was during the time when the red-haired alter-ego was still in use.

How does Golden Girl feel about having sex with sexy older black chicks?

So how much blunt force does it take to knock Stretch out?

d'aww

Reminds me of a fusion of Star Butterfly/Goo from Foster's

There used to be pics of young Sup Forumslette's head saying random things everywhere, kind of like Question Duck, but then at some point that just stopped.

More than an average person for sure. A slam like this wont knock her out but leave her a bit dizzy.

Is anybody interested in writing a hourly break down of Collette's average daily routines?

If she still keeping an civilian jobs, at what time of an average day does she perform super heroics? Does she sneak away when she encounter such things? Does she does it on a part time basis? Or is she a "weekend warrior"?

Is she compensated for her super hero works? Is she working full time civilian jobs or part time? How does she balance her civilian time and hero time? If she is compensated for super hero works, why not go full time?

Just imagining scenarios that can explain some details about her life.

Nice.

Is this a reference to that black superheroine project which collapsed in a smoking heap after four threads?

Interesting conundrum.

Whenever I think of Sup Forumslette I tend to think of her as a full time hero in the same way a firefighter is.

With how the Friends of the Justice Sup Forumsmrades (FJCs) are set up, what I always pictured is that members do get some form of compensation when dispatched by the Justice Sup Forumsmrades (J/co/) organization and whatever hero work they do on the side is their own personal work.

I don't tend to think of it in terms of quotas because I like to think all of our heroes just do it because they want to. Unless of course we have some Booster Gold types somewhere who spend a lot of time with a brand name.

Maybe that's where the funds come from? I know the Justice Coalition gets its money from marketing the image of their members. The J/co/ might do something similar, but only if they get the go ahead beforehand. Or maybe Chaptor is the one who pays the FJCs members.

If we're talking about Sup Forumslette's daily schedule, how about she wakes up at 11am, does hero patrol or what have you until around dinner time, then works a night shift as a security guard until around 3am?

Or is she a morning person who is up with the farmers at 4am?

Or is she more normal and up at the 6am - 9am range?

I can't really imagine her holding a desk job, and I can't imagine he as a librarian, so actually being a civil servant or security guard are my best suggestions.

I had a hard time seeing how a secret identity would still be doable in modern times.

That could make for an interesting view point of older heroes who remember back in their day that you did hero work while also holding down a day job and keeping it all secret from almost everyone.

Just remembered an idea I had the other day, for an amalgam mashup of Golden Girl and Briana/Breastquest, where a Fallout scenario causes Audrey to get cryogenically frozen and dethawed in the BQ world with her infamous figure.

How would supers adapt to the information age where everyone is always looking everywhere?

was that the whole ginger chick thing?

It was an attempt at giving Sup Forumslette a secret identity that didn't stick.

This was several years ago.

Curious how a 15 year old girl with no powers is gonna last more than a day in BQverse.

If it's a true Amalgam-style scenario, maybe she was irradiated before/during her freezing and gains Briana-level strength as a result.

>I had a hard time seeing how a secret identity would still be doable in modern times.

I like to imagine that the technology is all over the place. Where there's laser guns and flying cars, but Tats has a typewriter and there's no phones.

I just feel like, much like Westerns, a certain historical time-piece, or level of technology at a personal level, must be retained.

We know they have phones and internet and all that since this website exists in-universe with a board dedicated to superheroes.

Maybe it's just something to be ignored, or maybe the populace don't really want to know the secret identities of supers because it might put them at risk.

But it might still be an interesting line of thought to pursue: how would a super maintain a secret identity in a world with the same level of technology and surveillance as ours?

A psychic hero can just trick people with their "perception filter", a tech hero could have something that messes with camera, but what about the physically strong types?

Would there be a group of supers whose job it is to keep secret identities secret?

Could Stretch use the rubber band propeller concept to fly?

The ginger thing was silly, but I liked the idea that she was in school and overhearing with the boys say about her superhero persona.

Then getting grossed out once the topic changes to what they'd do to her awesome tits.

I wouldn't count them out so easily. I won't be surprised if that project somehow manages to bounce back when we all least suspect it...

Funny but I doubt it. If she needed to move quickly she would either elongate her legs or stretch/slither like a lizard to move about.

Vaguely related, but I've always liked to wonder what sort of real life and chat room conversations happen regarding various heroes/villains in universes like this. Especially what silly rumours they might spread about them.

Conrad and Colette are the ideal couple. If you disagree, you are wrong.

I can't help be see a relationship between them as incestuous.

I like the ship of Cookie and Kay-2 better.

I have thought for years that Colette and Conrad were made quite literally for each other. Even now that I know better I still ship them. They're perfect together.

I thought it would be interesting if she transition to full time hero might be cause by something and it would be a story in itself.

Maybe her place of work gets destroyed during a super fight and she feels responsible?
Could be a reoccurring problem for her where her hero "work" ends up following her to her normal work.
She could take up heroing full time when she learns she's just a magnet for super activity.

Nice pic, that's probably only the second time those two have been drawn together.

A hero waiting to be born.

I imagine there are legal ramifications for revealing the identities of sanctioned heroes. That's probably one of the things that have so firmly entrenched the Comrades and Coalition, since getting sanctioned by either one secures you certain legal protections.

Some heroes probably intentionally cultivate certain rumors. I think it's been mentioned before that Delta very deliberately maintains the illusion that they're unable to change their eye color. Then, because everyone "knows" Delta can't do it, it makes any picture with colored eyes suspected to be Delta get thrown out.

Or maybe just better legal representation.

I'd imagine the protections aren't exclusive to member heroes, there has to be some sort of "bush league" laws that protect up and coming heroes, though I'm not sure how any of that would work.

>Big body
>Tiny head
Gross.

First time hearing about that little detail.

So do we ever plan to go into where Delta came from?

Del's very rare, a natural born meta to otherwise mundane parents. True Shapeshifting also seems to be an extraordinarily rare power in the setting, so Del's the ultimate fluke, 20 natural 20s in a row, practically impossible to replicate.

If I remember, the narrative reason for this was our not wanting to deal with a setting full of shapeshifters, and having the ability to easily copy the ability would cheapen some of the other characters.

Talking dinosaurs have been a thing in the setting for a long time, in-universe since the 1800s at least.

So how do they factor into the Bongs recent magical resurgence? They were already there before it happened.

So Delta has had identity problems since birth since he/she/??? has never really had one really settled solid form?
Like they just came out that way.

Must've been an awkward childhood, but they seem well enough adjusted.

What do you mean copy the ability?

Delta can change form, but not copy other powers. I suppose super strength isn't outside of the power set that comes with shape shifting if Delta can manipulate their muscles in that sort of way, but it probably comes with some sort of cost, like burning a lot of calories.
I'd like to think that Delta is constantly eating something in most of their conversations with Alex.

I knew I had this pic somewhere, there's always a bigger fish.

The repot racy is using this opportunity to further the plans of their alliance with the saucer people, the lemurian merpeople, the crisscrossed vampires, the chitinous hordes, and those guys that hand out free tissues on the street.

They'll use the magic to fuel their ring of artificial suns and plunge the world into a very bright dark age.

Sure thing, Satan.

Time to find out there's still going to be a thread when I wake up.

If a top hat is what gave Chaptor sophistication, as is a law of the universe that anyone who wears one is REQUIRED to have sophistication, what granted the other talking dinosaurs their intellect?

>What do you mean copy the ability?

The current pitch for Toxique is that her condition was an attempt to recreate Delta, instead creating a monster that breaks down organic matter into the an infectious black sludge. The "plague" contracted from her is basically just her living cells transforming other things into more of her. She's an organic Grey Goo scenario, Black Goo, if you will. She's able to loosely shape the sludge, but not really alter its composition.

>creating a monster

Actually, this should be transforming her into a monster, rather. I don't mean to suggest they crafted her from whole cloth or anything.

Does Delta leave samples of themself all over town?

random idea: a situation where Chaptor is asked why doesn't he have feathers like dinos are supposed to have.

He replies that he shaves regularly (making him canon bald).

Probably not actually. Del is theoretically able to "program" cells removed from their body to rapidly biodegrade, intentionally corrupting samples. The fact there exists a sample of Delta being used is significant.

Oh, we've addressed that before with male pattern baldness.

It's a touchy subject for him.

Sounds like a stasis field is in play then.

Or, it's from a time before Delta knew to do such things. It could even be why Delta does that.

True, but then why is the sample breaking down?

It may not be, just the experiments using it haven't been particularly successful.

You really should just jump in and start the comic.

No one is expecting renaissance tier artwork, and I'd honestly just be happy seeing you learn by doing rather than fretting over being good enough to even begin.

Don't even worry about things like schedules, just set some time to work on it and see how far you get before real obligations need to be tended to again.

Based on Chaptor's size, he's actually a Utahraptor.

I guess is was never mentioned anywhere which type of dromaeosauridae he was.

Now I finally get the reference about him having an American cousin who was the sheriff of a western frontier town.

Okay, here's an idea:

A team of RADICAL pizza-eating TMNT-esque mutant animal people who were active during the late 80s and 90s and were very popular with kids, but disappeared from the public eye in the early 2000s.

Turns out the mutagenic process which gave them powers also basically gave them super-cancer, and rather than cling to their fame they retreated from the public eye so that the kids who loved them, particularly the more disfigured metahuman kids, would have the team's golden heydey to look up to as proof that being freaky doesn't mean you gotta be bad.

What do we think? Too dark?

Alright, so how do you work that into a story?

Is someone like Sup Forumsnrad or Tatyana hired to go find out what happened to those guys by one of the kids who are now grown?
Do they debate telling them the truth when they inevitable find it after having to talk to several people who don't want to talk for various reasons?

>tatyana

Would be a bit too on the nose considering April O'neil's 80s portrayal. Unless that would be the joke.

They could always be Grey Ghost-esque figures, moven away from public life, and disillusioned with their public personas (One of the four could have passed away already).

By the end of their return story, another of the team passes away, but the remaining resolve to return and stay in the public eye, as JSA-like mentors and activists.

Yes, I think that would be the joke and also why Tats would be picked for the job.

I don't think they should return, there comes a point where you just have to let the next generation take over.

Plus, if they all have super cancer, I think maybe only one of them would still be alive by the time whoever gets hired to find them finds them, and it won't be pretty.

Now I'm thinking of them as an mutant animal covert unit, a sort of mix of GI Joe, Foxhound, and The Losers.
The mutation resulted in them aging rapidly

Pretty much what you described, yeah, someone stumbles across them. I was figuring maybe Marley and Lila when they get to their road tripping days, and Lila being the bleeding heart she is (and fan of monster heroes (Godzilla!)) offers to help get them better treatment, maybe through Carver medical. But I could see it working with any number of characters.
I definitely think at least one of them would have passed, yeah.

If they were a covert unit, how much of them is actually known to the kids who made up their fanbase?

Marley and Lila go on a road trip? For summer break or after they've graduated?
I think they're both still in their first years of college.

The girls won't be in Los Palos forever. Minor spoilers for act 2, but Marley's eventually gonna test her chops at the Justice Coalition tryouts in Sundial City. When that happens, they'll be getting out a lot more, and have a chance to meet a lot more of the Sup Forumsverse!

Neat.

So they'll be Scooby Doo-ing it up on the way there?

I'm thinking they start off secret, but make a name for themselves Fantastic Four style to avoid becoming freaks in the public eye.

Would they all be the same species, or would each be a different types if animals?

Also, would it be better to have any/all of them as siblings/family, or four different persons?
There's strengths to both scenarios.

Well that depends if their origins are from a freak accident or a military project.

A freak accident has better grounds for them being related or knowing each other, a military project means they'd have different backgrounds. (Operation Infinite Walrus anyone?)

I think they'd be different species and I'm more in favor of it being one of those situations where cosmic radiation or a truck full of chemicals tips over instead of a planned military project since we do have Operation Pillow Fight, even if we never talk about that anymore.

Definitely gonna be some Scooby Doos, maybe even some Scooby Don'ts. Gotta get out and explore the world, y'know? Maybe she's not the world's greatest detective, but she might be the shortest...

I very much so doubt that Marley is shorter than the Great Mouse Detective.

You're certainly right on that count. There's probably some manner of fairy detective too. It's tough out there for a Marley, can't even make that claim to fame.

The fae are almost all chronically sneaky, so I'd imagine one who spends all their time unraveling carefully woven schemes is met with some very poor cultural reception.

Sounds like some Inch High, Private Eye shenanigans there. Snitches probably don't get stitches in the Otherworld, they probably get shanghai'd in pocket dimensions or something...

Makes me think of if someone sent a tiny fae-sized robot into Otherworld and how the fae react to such a thing.

I don't know why, probably because Inch High brings up memories of Inspector Gadget.

Too soon to be losing the thread, it's still Sunday.

What were school uniforms like in the 50s?

>dat pic
I fucking hated drawing that nose.

Needs more dudes. Did anything every come of Braun or what was the male stripper one..Sup Forumsle?

Like this, according to some Googling.

Like church going clothes.

Nothing has been done with Sup Forumsle in a while, which tends to happen if no one is drawing a character regularly.

>button down front
More than perfect

Did we ever get a clear idea of how we wanted gods and goddesses to work in the setting?

Since Sup Forumsle is the chosen champion of a goddess who only really chose him to sexually harass him, as gods and goddesses are historically known to do, and his only real respite from her is to be on a "quest" at all times which is his modeling career or whatever it is he now does.

I don't know if this thread will even make it to tomorrow.

Anyone have any ideas for other stuff that should be on the wiki, but still isn't?

>no one is drawing a character regularly.

Alright. Let's see if we can develop him some more.

So what's the deal with the goddesses harassing him? What was he doing when he first became the target of her desires and what kind of weird crap does she try to embroil him in when he's not abusing loopholes to not deal with her goddess problems?

He's a stuntman, so what's his daily schedule?

Do gods watch movies? Could explain how she became aware of him.

What are his "amazing powers"? Those could also be how he became the favored play thing of the goddess, and she more than likely had the special outfit he has to wear to control them made.

All answers welcome.

So let's say this goddess is one of those forgotten deities, like a goddess of shadow puppetry or something.
One day, on set, Mr. Cole is between takes and preparing for his next big action scene he has to stunt for, he's got it made, he can seemingly survive anything, so falls and rolls are nothing to him. He's joking with some cast or crew to kill time and this somehow invokes this goddess, or she uses a loophole to claim he invoked her to begin meddling with his life.

Is that a start?

>Did we ever get a clear idea of how we wanted gods and goddesses to work in the setting?

There are two practical approaches. Either it's sufficiently powerful beings ascribed the position of gods, or it's people thinking there are gods causing gods to be created from basically psychic expectations. Considering Whisper is meant to be a unique facet of the setting, I think we'd probably be doing more of the former, since the latter steps on Whisper's metaphorical toes.

Hmm, seeing how we do have a lot to pull from, might I set forth the magical option?

Beings MADE of 100% magic, but also get more power when they are worshiped.
How they came to be could be any number of reasons, but making them independent entities from something like the fae, who are only mostly magic, or Whisper, who is a self-perpetuating idea, seems to be the route we're going.

Which makes them very similar to demons in the setting, which I think is good since the only real difference between a demon and an angel should be the "grooming", if you get the reference.

So the magic of the world goes into decline, the gods can't really do much of anything since they don't have anything to work with, the magic is slowly coming back, bit by bit, either because of the portal in the bongs inverting or the fae working the narrative, but that gives those big magical god beings the crack they need to begin looking in again.

There's also that volcano goddess Skathi fights, I think a god tied to a physical entity would have an easier time in a magically declining world since the existence of the volcano doesn't go away, giving her an anchor.

Well let's see how far we go into this week.

Here's hoping that we make it to the end of the week.

The way I had it when I was first working out the Sup Forumsverse magic system way back when is pretty much as you said. Magic works differently given the reality (which conveniently makes it possible for any given writer to tweak things to their liking for their story), but on our heroes' earth magic is essentially the essence of thoughts and emotions and forgotten memories - dreamstuff, as the fae call it. Gods are, for the most part, gestalt entities that arise naturally in the fabric of the Earth's collective dreaming (which the fae call the Grand Narrative). Thus, worship is important to them, because if they're forgotten they're in trouble.

Skathi's reality has a different magic system, so she's not subject to this problem... which is good, since it would have made escaping her reality an almost certain death sentence.

I am kind of working on the notion that an angel might be a different thing, but that only really applies to Halo so far.

Only Briana is strong enough to save this thread.