Voltron: Legendary Defender /vld/

Do you think Matt is going to become part of the main cast after Pidge finds him? Will he(and maybe his rebel group) move onto the castle ship, or will they continue operating more in the background?

And what do you think the writers are going to do about Dad Holt? Has he died offscreen, or will Matt and Pidge do a joint rescue mission, or what?

First for Kuron!

Matt will be a background character and Dad Holt is dead

I hope Matt becomes a regular on the ship like Coran and the mice and they don't ship him off to somewhere else but I can see them doing it.

I think Sam's got the #1 chance of being killed off and #2 for a heroic sacrifice (behind Kolivan), but I'm not convinced they have the balls to do it.

Character and personality wise, was Keith at his best in the Blade of Mamora episode?

He's such a special boy.

I mostly want Matt to be part of the main roster-- the only real point against it that I can see is, with Shiro being the mentor figure, the narrative really wants him to be less available to the rest of the main characters. Assuming they find the real Shiro soon-ish I could see wanting to ship him off with Matt to do rebel things on the ground, because it makes the dynamic of the remaining characters more interesting when they don't have that rock to depend on.

I think that was the episode he was most tolerable in.

You know that would end in more muh Shiroing and we can't handle another season of that.

I believe they confirmed in an interview that Dad Holt isn't dead. If they hadn't said that, I'd agree with you 100%. I'm imagining a scene between Pidge and Matt where Pidge gets really excited that they'll be able to work together to find Sam faster, and Matt has to break the news to her.

His single best moment for me was the line that went something like "Look, I'm glad we're all making fun of Lance." I find him so boring so much of the time (including blade of marmora ep), he's only been likable when he's been able to have a sense of humor. Some of his funnily clueless moments have been good too.

I could see them tying it into Keith's character arc. If he finally accepts that he has to learn to get by without his mentor around, that'd be a good moment for him.

I like that Keith doesn't bother to return fire on Lance often, but when he does Lance gets seriously triggered.

I really enjoyed him in the BoM ep though, and I hope they're taking the direction of having him focus his stubborn nature more productively instead of trying to make him overcome it all together.

I've seen a lot of complaints about the show being tied to the quips and silly moments but I honestly don't think they're the problem. Avatar had the same kind and amount of jokes as Voltron does, only with maybe a little less fat jokes.

I think the real problem is that the show lacks the same emotional depth and pacing that Avatar had with the characters not being as developed, making the quips stand out.

I hope we get a "Leave them and join my team" thing from Lotor in October. It's just too juicy for him to not take advantage of, and if Acxa hasn't told him, she will soon.

Yes I'm aware I asked this in the last thread but I had to go run some errands and when I came back the thread was archived.

I love Keith all the time except in S3E3 but I know it was necessary for him to git gud.

I think season 3 did a way better job on the comedy front than the previous seasons. I agree though that they're not developing the characters enough, and especially not developing their interpersonal relationships enough. Season 3 gave us some good Lance & Allura moments, but not much else.

It's possible that they're just willing/able to take it slow since they know off the bat exactly how many episodes they're gonna have. Still, I wish they'd spend more time on the characters outside of missions.

I hope so too. Something also tells me (my tinfoil hat) that Keith and Lotor are the same sort of halfbreeds.

Can someone link me to the last thread actually? I'm dumb and don't know how to find it.

Zarkon had an affair with McCree and got him pregnant?

i could buy this, though I'm biased in that I love all the goofy moments where they are arguing over time-slices and shit. it's also pretty interesting that the JP fandom seems to find the character relationships to be really well done, i wonder what the difference there is?

I really think the recruitment deal is going to happen at some point from Lotor. The question is whether it will be a 10 second moment in the final episode where he asks and Keith responds with an "I'll never join you", or the plot of an episode, or anything inbetween.

Wouldn't you?

Pretty sure the rebels with him are connected to Romelle somehow. I can't remember if we've seen the faces of his rescuers yet, but a high tech mask to hide their features makes sense to me if they're trying to keep survival of alteans a secret.

I absolutely adored the "seconds vs ticks" scene, maybe my favorite moment in the show so far. I also really like how the humans have started using Altean units of time measurement more and more.

Or perhaps the Alteans "became" Polluxians in order to deter suspicion? Maybe instead of being at war with one another as it was in DotU and Golion, they are the runaway survivors.

Well the Japanese barely talk to each other. So there's that.

Look at how static and awkward interpersonal relationships in anime are, even in romance ones. The nips are great at plot but look at how stunted their character interactions are from a western viewpoint, of course they think the interactions in this show are great.

Is Romelle confirmed to show up in later seasons, or is it just speculation? What about Nanny, any chance of her?

this is absolutely going to happen but the real question is how. either with Keith becoming more isolated from the team and Lotor targeting him because of this (and probably having a hand in it), or Keith allying with him willingly for his own reasons, either genuine or as a ruse. it's pretty open so far, considering they haven't even met face to face yet

Matt is probably going to be part of the B-group with Kuron and Romelle, and other rebels. Maybe Slav too if he stops being a bitch in this reality.

It's all speculation at this point. We know from the fact that Lauren is a Romelle fan that she will without any doubt be in VLD. Also there was that Altean girl from the studio leaks.

Nanny is very hard to say. People definitely remember her but not very fondly. She always got in the way, but I am willing to forgive it if they make her a THICC MILF.

It would be interesting to see Keith pretend to join him with Shiro taking over black for a bit during the ruse. It may even be a chance to see Galra form Keith.

Lance having the hang of Altean time while still being shit at earth counting is a good ass running joke

One thing I hate in anime is confessions. Sure at that age it can be nerve wracking to do so. But why confess to someone you've never spoken to? Half the time I see that shit it's like that or they haven't even tried to see if they could be friends. Really irks me in their high school/young stuff. Generally series on older protago nists and such seem to avoid this though.

Matt is gonna become the blue lion because Lance is gonna be gone for the next three years.
After breaking out of Galran captivity he will stat doing his own thing and the team will stat forgetting him.
Matt will become Hunk's new best friend and Pidge will be not even a hundredth as persistent on her search for Lance. She will mostly just play games with Matt.

It's because you don't understand how emotionally stunted the nips are.

He's such a bimbo.

From what I understand it's a cultural thing, like boys and girls in school interact/form friendships with each other a lot less over there than in the West. Definitely feels super weird to me, but I can't really fault them for including something that really does happen.

with the reveal of Zarkon's wife being Haggar, this is almost certainly Romelle

A cute. Why does she only have the mark on one cheek?

>relationships in Voltron are awkward, stilted, forced, or underwritten
>Japanese basically personify all this

It's not surprising and it doesn't reflect well on this show.

>Shiro gets the cutest girl

When is nanny going to show up to beat the shit out of Lance

Maybe she's a half breed?

She's going to be big and purple.

>irl Japanese people are underwritten

It's funny because it's true.

Maybe the single marked Alteans were being discriminated by the doubles and left and made their own uhh race and thus Pollux?

REMEMBER. POLLUX IS A TWIN.

When he hits on Romelle.

For some reason my gut is telling me that the reason they're making a point to focus on Acxa's loyalty to Lotor means that she's eventually going to defect. They doth protest too much, or something.

And the reason why Keith is on Earth.

Oh shit maybe though

i figured most nipfans of VLD would be westaboos in the first place, and be more acquainted with western style character writing

I like to think Keith is an experiment and Blade Nanny stole Keith and somehow landed on Earth and plowed McCree with her purple thiccness.

Thoughts?

Unfortunately Keith is way to hot headed for that kind of an infiltration mission.

Hopefully they won't change this and give her a dorito chin like the majority of the cast. I wonder what color her skin will be?

I don't think Lance is taller than Keith.

When will Nanny spank Keith?

this is gaaaaaaaaaay

>I wonder what color her skin will be?

Coran brown with blonde hair.

Lance will fucking die - but how is the question?
One thing is sure, he will be forgotten fast.

>the nip is the tallest human
shameful

Will we get more alternate reality shenanigans?

right now he is, I could see his arc leading into it though. he has shown the capacity for craftiness, like in the BoM trial and recently in the comet episode

When he fails to kill a freedom bird with his own hands. BoM-Nanny will not tolerate that weak shit.

And it's incest!

And when I say Coran brown, I mean his light shade of brown. Just to make people mad.

He is, Lance is the tall lanky type and Keith is a bit of a manlet

It's not gay if they are brothers.

When Lance marries Sven.

>Keith becoming more isolated from the team and Lotor targeting him because of this (and probably having a hand in it)

So I know I'm not the only one who believes that Keith can turn purple. He's the only Galra hybrid we've seen so far without any visible Galra traits. Even Ezor has purple patches and pointy ears.

I present to you, pic related. AKA: The shot of Keith in the scene where all of the Paladins are unconscious following Haggar's attack on Voltron with her purple lightning. Keith was the only one shown at an angle where we can't see any of his skin.

I'm saying that I want Keith to turn purple at some point, either at an extremely inopportune moment (the anti-Galra Empire rally) or when they need someone to infiltrate something, or both.

I'd have to look again. I think they're all going to get a growth spurt except Shiro.

We shall.

Keith is going to be a shortass for life. The rest will get growth spurts though.

I want him to either turn purple or pop some big batcat ears at an inopportune moment.

I would sell my kidney for an episode where they just meet different AU counterparts: DotU team, r63, live action , etc.

Why is Kuron the most beautiful character in Voltron?

Right now I am imagining that scene like when Jafar zapped Aladdin back into his poverty clothes with his magic.

It'll be Lotor to do it except instead of magic, it'll be a magic gun or something.

>"Say hello to your PRECIOUS *zap! pointed ears* VOLTRON *zap! white/purple hair* LEADER! *zap! Purple skin*
>cue in everyone gasping

No.

Lance wants the rock pussy, confirmed

I don't understand people who say they want Keith, Lance, Allura or any character to die. If they did die it would played for drama and they would still show up in flashbacks or as a spiritual presence regularly and it would make no difference.

I watched a few episodes of the original Voltron.

Nanny sucks, legit worst character.

>tfw being trained in gun-jutsu but your instructor's sexy nordfag accent is turning you gay

>Lance wants to cuck Hunk
worst friend

He's just shitposting.

>taking his bro's rockpussy
Lance is no bro.

That made me laugh, thank you user.
Lance wants any kind of pussy.

>they meet the DotU team
>DotU Allura talks to Allura in private and asks if she and Keith are betrothed
>DotU Keith takes Keith aside and tells him about the importance of taking responsibility and to cherish Allura

I need this please.

>implying Lance is even good enough for Sven

Fuck off, shithead, Sven belongs to Slav.

I fucking hated Nanny too, yet I can deal if they fix her and her looks.

I just see "I want X character to die" posted a lot and I realize a lot of it is shitposting but for those that are serious I think their logic is silly.

Sven belongs to Romelle. Romelle will come from the Altean Supremacy reality.

The question is how. The druids might not be galra or altean. Given the way they move, their body proportions, and purple light shining out of them when they get injured they might be straight up quintessence corruption. Some book called it a burn when Keith got hurt and that further complicates it. We know his mom has galran heritage due to the blade. Also there was a BoM member with a tail, implying he was a half breed.

So lets say for the sake of argument Keith is 1/4 galran. He's probably not 1/4 altean. He should still have some signs of his heritage so how would his mom hide those features?

Gaaaay

No.

We should just accept Keith is a mutt and we'll never know completely what he is.

Lance wants to make his friend mad into making the first move on her but Hunk is a fucking dick to Lance and doesn't get it.

>the footfag dimension where Morvok has founded an empire on footfaggotry.

Lubricating rock pussy... wouldn't that be mouldy?