Harley was a mistake

Harley was a mistake.

Yeah, it's not like you strapped a bomb to a fetus and killed Jimmy Olsen. How could anyone know that would go badly?

>trying to make Harley innocent
Christ

There are people who genuinely consider Harley to be the saving grace of Injustice.

Of course she was. Her entire premise, even in TAS was stupid. Anybody even moderately trained in psychology should realize that the joker is full of shit. But despite having an actual fucking degree, she gets caught up in jokers shit and actually falls in love with him. Any character built on such a shitty premise is bound to be a shitty character.

To be fiat she cannon fucked her way through her degree. She could have just been dumb and gullible.

It's cannon she fucked everyone she could to get that degree. She was the least qualified person imaginable to interact with The Joker

>Teach gen ed course at college
>Never get a student willing to trade sexual favors for good grades

It's not fair. That's why I took this job.

I fucking hate how Injustice paints Harley as the fucking victim in all of this. Injustice is full of shit, but Harley is the biggest fucking piece of pandering fanwankery.
It's like the Plastic Man Injustice appearance, except it's been going on since the fucking beginning and the writers just refuse to make it stop. They have killed characters left and right, yet they refuse to put this fucking worthless twat in the ground.

Harley is incredibly popular. Men want her and women want to be her. Having her pure evil or an actual brainwashed idiot would risk that.

>was

>I didn't REALLY want Superman to kill his wife and turn into a crazy dictator! It's his fault for not stopping us!

I fucking hate Injustice Harley

>To be fiat she cannon
Wth is a fiat cannon?

he probably meant 'fair' and got auto corrected

It was certainly a mistake to market her as an anti-hero stronk womyn.
It's really pretty amazing, I mean this is a woman with a triple digit body count, she's like 4 Ted Bundys.
To survive as long as she has in the world she lives in you have to accept that she has a certain amount of cunning and cleverness, to say she's too stupid to realize what she's doing is just a lie, hell she outright enjoys it.

They didn't bother to justify why Batman accepted working with her. He objected, Oracle basically told him to shut it, and that was the end of it.
She has done nothing but undermine the story from the get-go. She contributes nothing except drawing in all the casual faggots, but that's all that matters cuz money.

>I mean this is a woman with a triple digit body count
11 million people died in Metropolis (or 4 million if you believe the retconned figure in Injustice 2's comic). She's gone way beyond triple digits.

What does it say about Injustice that of all people, the person who helped nuke a major city, gets one of the few happy endings?

all this asshurt is this thread holy shit

No, The Joker was a mistake. If you kept Harley, but without The Joker, she wouldn't be so terrible.

Harley is nothing without The Joker, her being his sidekick is literally the only time she's bearable

Injustice question: In Year Two, Superman took on the GL Corps. An army of soldiers wielding the green light, each one with the power to create anything they can think of.
An entire army plus one of the Guardians took on Superman, and for all their GREEN LIGHT POWER THAN CAN BECOME PRETTY MUCH FUCKING ANYTHING, not a single one of them stopped and thought "Wait a second... isn't there something green that hurts Superman? Maybe I should use my green power ring to simulate that shit."

>Dad's nose

Ikr? Injustice seems strangely devoid of anything resembling justice.

WHY ARE NONE OF THE HAWKS PLAYABLE IN INJUSTICE 2 EVEN THOUGH HAWKGIRL WAS IN INJUSTICE 1

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Presumably the GL rings in the Injustice universe can't do that. Hell, I don't even think they can in the main universe, barring some kind of huge power up like when Parallax was involved.

They shit all over Hawkman so he was basically unusable and removed Hawkgirl because they added a bunch more female characters I guess

She was kind of OK if you just look at the game's story. She doesn't seem super involved in the bomb plot, like she is in the comics so you could feasibly argue that she thought it was all a game and that Superman really would swoop in and save the day.

The comics themselves were fun in a stupid way, but being forced to do four (five?) years of everyone trying to stop Superman things got out of hand and a little ridiculous character development wise. In the end everyone was kind of a cunt, even Batman who's supposed to be the good guy.

I don't understand why they'd remove characters at all. They already did all the work, just tweak the model and maybe slightly rebalance her moves and you have another character in the roster for like 20% of the work of starting from scratch. Nearest I can figure is that they're saving her for DLC so they can make more money.

Sounds realistic

Kyle's could, back when he was the only GL.
Don't know if that was actually changed, or just swept under the rug.

You know what's dumber, Hal joining Superman and Sinestro

He was just doing his job to keep order

*Injustice Harley

This Injustice earth has nowhere to go after Injustice 2, most of the heroes are irredeemable and the villains who should be serving life sentences like Harley are on the JLA.
Injustice 3 should just feature the good earth from the first game and have them go on a normal JLA adventure that involves them occasionally fighting each other because plot.

Best redesign of Harley, coming through.

I know right, it's so messed up when she joins the league in the ending. It's like Batman's pissing on the grave of everyone who died in Metropolis.

4 Ted Bundys duct taped together would be a better character

Injustice 3 will have the Guardians declare a universal holiday called 'Bat God Day' after Bruce defeats Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor in single combat. Because he's just so perfect and righteous.

Females are not accountable for their negative actions. Because that's sexist

wow you are one mad kid

Of course, that's why after it was clearly working and Superman had just rage-grabbed his pregnant wife, you were still cheerfully thinking of names for your sub.

I like Harley well enough when she is demented enough to be either the bad guy or good guy of a situation on a whim. This whole turn her into a Deadpool-esque antihero just doesn't work.

It's one of the things I actually really liked about Suicide Squad. She was the one who gunned down the trucker without hesitation, and would be the first to admit she is a fucking murderous lunatic.

Sauce?

To be fair, legitimate insanity is that kind of disconnect from reality.

It probably never even occurred to her what she was doing was real, in the moment. That isn't to say she should be running around free though, jesus christ.

Just google Harley SFM webm and you should get some stuff. I just spend far too much time clicking through lewds on tumblr.

True, just the actual scene utterly contradicts what she is saying in the OP, and she is arguably more sane (or in control) than ever before at this point.

I fucking remember when they made Harley into Deadpool. She 'killed' the Little Titans and everything.

If anything it goes with Batman's character perfectly.

Batman has always been of the opinion that any criminal can be rehabilitated. Harley Quinn of all people turning over a new leaf and becoming a hero is the exact thing he's always wanted.
Now every time someone claims that his way doesn't work, he gets to point at Harley Quinn with a smug little grin on his face and an "If it can work for her, it can work for anyone!"

Didn't Harley also kill a guard when she escaped Arkham? I really wish she gets her comeuppance

Justice isn't vengeance
You want to reform people. Harley joining the Justice League is in fact the bigger triumpth, and an even greater "Fuck You" to the joker and his legacy

Ew

Kek, yeah, but he is also usually about justice. The very reason Selina has done stints in arkham and prison over the years. He really does want them to reform; after they have served their legally mandated time, even if that is ten consecutive life sentences.

That said, Injustice is one of the few settings where he can totally do that, because Arkham isn;t a thing anymore, and the Regime isn't his ally so no access to a prison system.

The rat blocked his neural paths.
I wanna know how Superman took Hal's ring from his finger

Harley joining the Justice League is an insult to the memory of everyone who died in Metropolis. The only meaningful thing she could have done to redeem herself was turn herself in and face trial.

>The very reason Selina has done stints in arkham and prison over the years.

...Why HAS Selina ever done stints in Arkham?
She's not crazy. He'll, she's probably one of the most sane people that prance around Gotham in a thematic costume. She's certainly more sane than Bruce himself is.
Selina just likes to steal things and sometimes make really cheesy cat puns.
I can't see why she's ever go anywhere but Blackgate's female ward.

>Harley joining the Justice League is an insult to the memory of everyone who died in Metropolis. The only meaningful thing she could have done to redeem herself was turn herself in and face trial.

Who was she going to turn herself into?

The Regime dismantled the government in which she assisted in committing a terrorist act against.
And then the replacement government that took over after was also dismantled.

Legally, there was nobody left who could actually put her on trial.

Then she could volunteer to be locked away. Everyone already knows what she did. Anything would be better than just letting her walk freely, even if it's more of a symbolic gesture at this point.

>To be fiat she cannon fucked her way through her degree
No you ignorant cunt, she only fucked her way through her thesis.

Miss me yet?

To be fair, blackgate probably couldn't keep her from getting out. Not only does she totally know how to break out of prison (at least better than she does am insane asylum), arkham is probably more equipped to handle people in tights anyway.

Urg.

No surprise here with marxist university

no

>Instead of devoting her life to actually doing good and actively helping people she should be locked away where she can't do anything of value because of the feelings of dead people
Nah

Good idea. While we're at it we should pardon the next Bin Laden as well.

>women "psychologists"
>ever good

>"""psychologists"""

She's supposed to be pinky of Pinky and the Brain.
Sexy pinky.
That's all. Nothing wrong with that.

By breaking his fingers

>Wth is a fiat cannon?
I think it's that sports car the Top Gear guys were going on about for all of 2014.

The thing I find strangest about all of this is that Harley DID go through some significant redemption in her original incarnation. In Batman Beyond, she showed up as an old woman who made it clear she regretted all her years as a villain, and she spent like thirty years quietly atoning for her crimes by living a normal life doing small things to help whenever she could (there were a couple of girls who were obsessed with the Joker, so Harley took them in and helped rehabilitate them).

That's the kind of redemption I think is best for Harley. It acknowledges that she fucked up, and it lets her atone without having to lock her up in Arkham.

Noy surprising. Justice in comics is so fucked up. Pretty much any anyone with super powers or is in with the superhero community gets a second chance even for heinous shit .

The more I learn about Injustice lore the more I realize it's a trainwreck, but

>investing in the lore of a fighting game

I suppose that's what I get really

This. I was under the idea the whole point of Injustice was to test water a DC fighting game without the gimmicks from Task Force. Now that we see it is possible, the next DC fighter should had been a more "straight" story with the "main" DC universe. But guess we will be stuck with Injusticeverse for a while.

I just want my DC VS SNK game... is it too much to ask Boon?

>mixing Mortal Kombat bullshit with SNK

guess they should've tried to reform all them nazis in the nuremberg trails, eh? None of them came close to the kill count of Harley.

It's true, we have only ourselves to blame.

The only good part of 1 was the Heroes from the mainstream DC earth coming in to save the day, without them we just have these unlikeable assholes to deal with.

>her kill count comparedto flipping off a long dead joker
>the definition of diminishing returns

He just wanted to be with his husbando

>Good news.
>What!?
>The Fiat Cannon is almost here!
>When!?
>Next year!
>Great! Anyways...

Putting the blame on others is the typical rationale of a person who feels guilty and desperate about a mistake they made. The author isn't trying to make Harley look innocent. He's making her human. Flawed.

For Injustice 3, Batman should become evil, and another DC hero should step up to stop him and Evil Superman. A triple threat match if you will.

>This entire thread and how bullshit it is for Harley, who helped destroy the city to become a good girl because "Muh victimized past".

Fuck this entire Injustice series.

They can't be anything. GL's have their limits.

>People are still butthurt about a very simple redemption arc
lmao you guys are so retarded

She killed two cops when she was arrested just after Metropolis was nuked, she just happened to get caught by Green Arrow.

I think she also killed a guard to take control of Arkham's cells when Superman was in the process of transferring them to the Phantom Zone, the one that caused the shitshow that ended with Dick's death.

Yeah...

She's not a "good girl" and she's never portrayed that way. She's an ex-criminal working on the good guy side, but she's still guilty.

Oh yeah, I forgot she staged the breakout. I mean I get that she's "rehabilitated" but she still needs to be punished to some degree.

Batman is literally shielding Harley from the law, without him, she would be locked up for life or take capital punishment.

That only works if every character around them isn't protecting them from consequences of their actions

Naw, Injustice was a mistake, as was DC putting Harley through the movie Syngery machine

This from the latest issue? Fuck, I figured I missed at least one after not seeing any Injustice stuff on the catalog in a while. Last thing I remember was Plas and his son skydiving with Barbra into the forest.

It's from the one preceding Ra's' assault on Ollie and Dinah's wedding.

Some sort of cute tankette. Out of production, now there are only Pandas.

Despite how fucking retarded this all is, I can't get mad about it. Mostly because it's elseworlds crap. You know what really grinds my gears? Main canon Harley, who is basically just as free from consequence but further watered down. I'm beginning to think Dini is the only writer who gives a shit anymore and won't pander to casuals. Thank god his Harley series is getting it's own book

Is it time for Harley to get her own 65 episodes solo animated series?
She's more popular than over half of the main DC heroes.

The regime, led by the guy whose wife she helped kidnap, performed surgery on, and then used the fetus inside to rig a nuclear warhead.
She is directly responsible for the regime being formed, the death of the wife and unborn child of the world's greatest superhero, as well as the death of the entire city of Metropolis.
She never did anything to redeem herself, except to keep picking a fight with the man whose family and life she destroyed, while playing it off as though this is all HIS fault

>waahh bidness is acting like a bidness
Commie.

The game that tested the waters for a dc fighting game was mk vs. dc. For all intents and purposes that was a glorified powerpoint presentation from nrs to warner bros

Actually? She's by far the most irritating character in the comics, and I say that as someone who generally likes Harley.

I accept that making money is the ultimate goal, it's how the industry survives. It is just that in this instance, I don't like it.