It's a "writers take a jab at the audience" episode

>it's a "writers take a jab at the audience" episode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Dq20zg1dZ_w
youtu.be/m7T2I9o9g5s
youtube.com/watch?v=v-CJ4Oh-dBI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well they can't legitimately defend their show with anything other than "hurr we're having fun just turn your brain off bro XD" so of course they're going to take cheap jabs at critics.

>critics
Is that what you're calling yourselves now?

its faggots get assblasted about kids cartoons making jokes episode

>Aqualad is drawn in the original TT style

This is multi level trolling, I have to congratulate them

>lost Green Lanter TAS episode
okay, now that's just being cruel

I don't give a shit either way since I never watched the original teen titans. But cheap jabs at critics is usually what shitty shows do.

This is a stealth thread about today's MLP episode isn't it?

My 7 year old daughter hates this show and its the reasons I stopped paying for table

Why bother paying just to watch TTG reruns all day when she can just watch Voltron on Netflix all she wants? They can be smug all they want but the spam of their show is legitimately killing the network

I gave up on TV a long time ago. Nothing but terrible shows, hours of paid programming, and shitty commercials in between.

t. childhood destroyed

INB4 contrarians come to defend it and it's EBIN TROLLING XD

To be fair, they have nothing to do with the show being the only thing show on the network.

>I don't give a shit but I have to make sure (you) know I don't give a shit

>inb4
you're about 20 minutes late

>MAS Y MENOS: brothers of superheroes

what did they mean by this?

Former brony here. How bad was it?

Honestly wasn't bad at all, Purple and her student gives everyone in town a book where the main six shared their lessons about friendship and everyone takes it the wrong way by judging them or praising them due to their character. They eventually throw in complaints that complainers in the fandom dislike.

Not that guy, but it wasn't. There were some meta gags referencing some common criticisms of the show's characters. You could argue it was a bit petty, but it really has nothing on TTG's antics or something like the Please Get a Life Foundation bit from Animaniacs.

I have no bias because I never watched the old Teen Titans is all I'm saying. But I know you're just fishing for (You)s so eat up.

"Why does fluttershy keep learning the same lessons over and over?"

Fluttershy gives an aggressive speech about how you can't change your character after learning one thing one time

"This fluttershy is different from before, I'm not sure how I feel about that"

also "Twilight was better without wings"

same here.
I never seen either show, but this is a lame joke.

>negative five views

I don't think numbers work that way

Exactly. I could forgive it if it was actually funny or done in a clever way. It comes off as petty.

I rather disliked the original series because it was so jarring to have this melodramatic cartoon that had LOL RANDUMB XD anime moments peppered throughout it. At least TTG knows what it is and is consistent with its stupidity.

Ah, I see. I might check it out later then.

So the transition between drama and comedy moments weren't very smooth?

It always seems depressingly petty to me when a children's show has to dedicate an episode or two to shitting on its adult critics instead of just appealing to its kid demo. I mean, it's always better to have more demographics watching your show, but if the people throwing a shitfit aren't your target audience and you're making good ratings with your target audience anyway then why rock the boat? Who wins? You get to shit on some people you don't like, they'll continue hating your show, and now you've got a bunch of second graders trying to figure out why the latest episode of their favorite show is deriding some old people on the internet.

I guess what I'm trying to say is the folks who nostalgia hard for the original series tend to forget just how dumb it could be sometimes.

They really included the old change-versus-nothing false dichotomy?

I mean, it's a stock tactic to dismiss critics as "unpleasable", but it doesn't sound anything like something a real person would say in that situation.

A lot of anti-fan rage relies on false dichotomies to pretend they have no opinions.

it was a pretty contrived episode that painted the fans as a mob of losers who constantly miss the point. /mlp/ is having a field day with it

well no shit, people remember the memorable parts and forget the forgettable parts. You should write a goddamn paper about this discovery.

This also applies to everything you ever thought was good.

Didn't they also make fun of them for treating the show's characters like characters in a show instead of the real people they were to each other? That's another common form of strawman argument that anti-whatever episodes seem to like.

It just seems particularly hypocritical if one liked the original but complains about Go. The two shows are more alike than they will ever care to admit.

No one is "forgetting" that Teen Titans was a superhero action comedy show most of the time with character arcs and the occasional dramatic episode. We like it for what it is. Precisely one of those words applies to TTG, and even its comedy isn't as good.

it's called action comedy dipshit, everyone knows Teen Titans was comedic

now show us the scenes from TTGO that looks like the top one.

But that's the thing she said "one time" this is a fucking common occurrence

God I loved the "Master of your fate" episode.

There will be a lot more bad than good to remember when TTGo ends. Which will probably be when the fucking sun explodes 3 billion years from now.

Even the comedy in the old Teen Titans was better, the episode about Cyborg having a virus that made him eat everything is still funny.

>it's called action comedy dipshit
The original Teen Titans was just an action comedy cartoon. TTG is an action comedy dipshit cartoon.

I've noticed a recent spike in TTGO shills on her and I'm 100% positive they have some affiliation to the actual show

pretty much this.

everyone likes to remember TT for deathstroke, red X, trigon, brother blood & those doom patrol villains in the final season.

but nobody wants to remember...

-the time robin got his own batmite
-the time the titans got mentally regressed to toddlers by mother mae eye
-the time they got into a wacky racers style race with all their villains for some maguffin robin wanted
-the time mumbo turned the titans into circus animals all because raven made fun of mumbo's magic
-the time control freak shoved them into a TV world
-the time mad mod started a british invasion of the US on the 4th of july

You forgot the time Beast Boy fought evil alien tofu and the time Cyborg got a virus that made him see everything as meat.

No one is denying that there was any wackiness at all in the original Teen Titans. We know that deep serious drama was the exception and not the rule (though it wasn't exactly rare). It was still done better in the original.

those are fine episodes for what the show was. You're going to have to at least tolerate a bit of goofy antics if you're watching a cartoon about teenagers that live in a house the shape of a T.

TTGO and TT are completely different takes on the same general idea. I would say I don't have any problems with TTGO except the way that it's spammed non-stop. it's already past aggressive and starting to edge on hostile, now.

Okay.

Jesus settle down shill, work on your next episode

the only thing wrong with ttgo is that it plays too often on CN so stuff like gumball and sonic boom don't get to play as much

Man I loved Teen Titans as a kid and I dug the more dramatic moments as much as the next guy but my strongest memories will always be the crazier episodes like when they chased around the british dude in his weird black and white world and when they chased the fat nerd around various TV channels.

>People forget about this
Whoever made that image is retarded. Anytime someone says TTG is a comedy(it isn't, it's not funny) people rightfully point out that the old Tat did comedy better. And that the combination of both elements made each scene, serious or funny, more meaningful, because they were neither just meme machines or fight bots. They felt closer to people with real personalities, interest, responsibility, and lives.

And again.
TTG is just not funny.

>Even the comedy in the old Teen Titans was better, the episode about Cyborg having a virus that made him eat everything is still funny.
And heroic, don't forget that. The original Teen Titans cartoon is about superheroes doing hero things; even the siller episodes usually have them fighting supervillains and thwarting someone's evil plan. The TTG spend more time being evil than fighting evil, because they're all a bunch of jerks who just look like heroes.

>Not wanting to remember mumbo
youtu.be/Dq20zg1dZ_w

-The time Cyborg got molested by an adult women in TV world

Not a fan of TTG, but I love how upset people get over it.

I still remember the very first time I saw the original Titans. Starfire was gushing on about something or other that she loved. Her head turned giant and anime-like, and roses started to grow from it. I saw that and thought "What is this shit?"

You cannot possibly convince me that humor was either meaningful or funny.

>Mega Meaty Meat
>Forgettable
This episode was so fucking good that even TTG fucking redid it.

Bait.
TT was also a drama. Difference is TTG is not funny. The action is shit. And I could say more but literally everyone knows why TTG is garbage already.
Some people just like the show. Which is actually fucking worse.
>Any of those moments
>Bad

both of those episodes had real artistic merit. It may not have appealed to everyone, but I loved them both.

Nothing in TTG approaches that.

Oh yes you are totally right, all complaints about TTGO are absolutely null because TT has EVERY PROBLEM

You have outsmarted every critic ever, all of them are wrong, the shows are equal

People shouldn't care about what they subject their children to on TV

>Implying I don't remember and like those episodes
Teen Titans had funny moments and serious moments.

Teen Titans Go doesn't do anything seriously at all. It's inception, existence and demise are all an elaborate joke.

If they didn't want comparisons drawn to the old series they should have come up with original characters.

Except if they had, nobody would give two shits about it because it would have to fly on its own merits and it has none.

Don't remember this. Might have been funny might not. Either way TT had far more good jokes than bad. And had a lot more to offer.

TTG has had maybe 2 funny moments in it's entire run.

The difference is that most of the things you listed were good, the original TT had a nice balance between action, comedy, slice of life and an ongoing plot, TTG is pure wacky comedy that only appeals to very young children (whereas the original TT appeals to many ages for the reasons I already mentioned), most of their jokes are very random shit that could be done with any cartoon, its like the writers think its on par with the original and get pissy when people compare both

Name of episode?

Two great episodes. Still doesn't beat the tofu alien.

t. TTG writer

You guys make your shill campaign too obvious

You just know that if Go had been the first series then that would be the one everyone loves today and had the original been the follow-up then Sup Forums would be calling it a tryhard edgefest.

Maybe if it was actually funny.

I think we all unanimously agree Crane Kick is the funniest thing to ever come out of TTG, what was the 2nd one?

What's weird is that TTG spawned from Teen Titans shorts made for DC Nation that were based around the old show's humor and art style but TTG clearly has none of that.
youtu.be/m7T2I9o9g5s

This. The reason Sup Forums doesn't like this show is because it's for fucking children and you'd have to be 12 or under to unironically say it's good.

There's nothing wrong with that. It's got a demographic. Possibly held hostage, but it's got a demographic.

Ah but that's the thing, all of you would be 15 years younger than you are now and would have absolutely loved the kind of humor TTG brings to the table. And if you claim that you wouldn't have then you're either currently 40 years old or are simply lying.

Pre-movie Spongebob and the movie itself is still funny to me so I don't know what you're talking about. Other great kids shows, too, I still find funny.

>-the time robin got his own batmite
>-the time the titans got mentally regressed to toddlers by mother mae eye
>-the time they got into a wacky racers style race with all their villains for some maguffin robin wanted
>-the time mumbo turned the titans into circus animals all because raven made fun of mumbo's magic
>-the time control freak shoved them into a TV world
>-the time mad mod started a british invasion of the US on the 4th of july
You are listing my favorite episodes I donĀ“t really know what that says about me or (you).

But as an adult I'd be able to recognize that a show I liked as a kid is shit and I'd be able to enjoy the new show just without childhood memories I have now

die, b@rneyfags

>did I fit in guys?

>take a jab at the shit posters
>BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

It's the funniest fucking shit I've ever seen.
"They're poking fun of me? How PETTY."

Note:
I'm not saying it's a good show. It's shit. It's a fucking cancer and a blight on CN and it needs to fucking end NOW.

But seeing all the infinite and colossal butthurt is still so fucking good.

Not being funny doesn't mean it's not a comedy anymore. It means it's a poorly done comedy.

This is an important distinction when you criticize it.

Not a valid complaint: TTGO doesn't have any character development. It's a comedy - comedies typically don't have heavy character focus, and if they do, they're incredibly dynamic and well made shows. Not 11 minute long cartoons. It was never TRYING to have great character development, so complaining about that, and things like that, is missing the point.

A valid complaint: TTGO is too fast paced and manic for any of their jokes to land. They crank out unoriginal, bland jokes that the character just SCREAM AT YOU - it's a comedy. Those elements are important for jokes to hit.

But we should also keep in mind that kids and adults do not have the same sense of humor. It might not be funny to you, but if it's funny to children, then it is a successful children's comedy.

I think the episode with all the Robin's had a funny ending with the Actual Robin Robin being the best Robin
Untrue, stuff like TTG has never been funny, they've existed for every generation. Except those shows usually just died, TTG is your new favorite show.

>random people on the internet are angry
>stop shitting on our cartoon, we made an episode about how we are better than you and we don't care about your "criticism", we are not butthurt btw
>yes you are butthurt
>lol umad you guys are so salty
Not even limited to this one fandom in particular, I don't know why writers would waste their time shit talking a group of people who just like to complain about things

It's not actually, the show doesn't do meaningfully better than other shows on the network like Gumball, and it's clearly failing to compete with Nick shows like Loud House.

The makers of TTG have their critics' number, and it's threads like these that prove it. This is like the 4th or 5th time now Go has made meta jabs at the shows' haters, and instead of just ignoring it, or better yet not watching it, they instead keep coming back for more abuse like they're some battered wife. makes for an entertaining read, aye user?

Imagine if these people saw the scene where Control Freak shows them clips from the original TT series and the crew is pissed that they aren't like that any more.

Actually I'll just post it
youtube.com/watch?v=v-CJ4Oh-dBI

>Just like to complain about things
t. Someone who hasn't left Sup Forums hate threads

Most people here have shows they clearly enjoy if half the threads end up with people autistically defending their particular taste no matter how bad it is, for example people inexplicably defending TTG. Or the people rightfully defending TT.

Why is TTGO's meta humor so shitty, but Sonic Boom's is so good? Is it because SB has good non-meta jokes to back it up?

Everyone but the M6 became stupid for the sake of plot and a weak soapbox. Stranger Than Fan Fiction did it with more finesse.

It's dumb, full of anger, devoid of logic and shows only a dim understanding of the criticism it's meant to fight off (namely, that they exist).

>u mad
If by "mad" you mean I think the show is bad, and I know you do, then yes.

Nothing inexplicable about it. Playing devil's advocate for TT Go is the most plump, delicious, and savory bait one can throw out there, and Sup Forums bites on it like they haven't eaten in a week. Hell, what do you think I've been doing for the past hour?

>Killing Strawmen: The episode
They didn't even bother to make jokes throughout it.
The entire thing ends with them "breaking the 4th wall" and that was the closest to a joke it got.

Lost GLTAS episode, i wish.

TTGO literally "talks" to the audience for 4th wall breakage for an entire episode, Boom have subtle lines here and there.

When did I ever say "u mad"? I was just saying that the people getting upset over that little gag in the OP would most likely be even more upset about the heavy-handeness in the reboot episode. I don't believe that there was any anger in the episode, and more the writers poking fun at the reaction by fans. It's juvenile and "trolly", but not angry. I'd even wager they were having a right giggle when putting it all together.

Obviously when something a lot of people here loved is dumped on over and over we get upset, and if the people dumping on it laugh at us for getting upset obviously we'd get more upset.

Oh sorry, I forgot liking things is lame. Not caring about anything is the hip thing to do. Enjoy your South Park. But not too much.

Don't you get it? It doesn't matter, it doesn't matter if the show is good or not, you can have the best fucking cartoon on the planet and there will be one guy saying he doesn't like it because X and Y, people love to criticize as much as they love to feel outraged, you always have that one guy saying subjective bullshit like it was something open for debate

You actually did a "inb4" in 2017.

That's low. And funny.

Sonic Boom is funny, it doesn't attack Sonic fans as a whole and only recognizes that some things exist, it has far more jokes than that.
Sonic hasn't been good in long enough for people to think this ruins anything. The characters are likable. Sonic Boom understands characters should only annoy other characters, not the audience. A variety of other things. The shows aren't even mildly comparable if you've seen them.