Dark Nights Metal Thread

Holy Shit there were was a big reveal in the first Issue. I am not sure how people are going to feel about it

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dark-Night-A-True-Batman-Story/Full?id=66511
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Dream of the Endless and Sandman is officially canonised in the DC Universe

As well as the reappearence of Kendra Sanders

And Grant Morrison's Multiverse Diagram is canonized

Did you not read Cornell's Action Comics run?

Are they finally going to admit that Nth Metal can manipulate reality and are in fact the true strongest weapon in the universe?

No i didn't not - i guess your right but i still think it's significant that they are being involved in this story

Most likely

Do you think there is a possibility that Lucifer Morningstar and the Angels will show up

Amanda Waller got slim again?

Sandman was always canon. Morpheus interacted with other DC characters.

For a while there was an embargo on using Vertigo content in the mainline, but they weren't seperate universes and it ended around Brightest Day.

Do you think they will have other Vertigo properties and the charcters like The Presence in this - as that makes sense considering they are going far into the DC Multiverse

Daniel already appeared in JSA back in 2000-something, to help Hawkman-Hector Hall who I believe is his grandfather.

And Death showed up in Action Comics a few years back too.

Destiny has had a few appearances as well.

Yeah i am just surprised they showed up in this story. This story has become a lot bigger if beings like Dream have gotten involved

>Destiny has had a few appearances as well.

Destiny is the only one not owned by Gaiman and the one DC is free to use whenever.

Do people actually like Kendra? She was so annoying in her run and Hawkman's run

Daniel helped the JLA in the 1990s.
Lucifer's story had a nice ending, and I'm wary of others writing the character given how awful Lucifer (2015) was. At least Daniel appearing means that he is still the Lord of Dream, not Morpheus like that second series said.

Daniel was always part of the Hawk family.

Yes. At least there's a chance, DC can get rid of the creepy baggy. Kendra will probably be a simple reincarnation of Shiera, so there's no half-life reincarnation due to a successful suicide attempt. New 52 Katar will probably be Carter's reincarnation, so there's no big age gap and any Thanagar stories will feel less shoved in.

Due to nostalgic marriage pandering, there will be less romance drama hopefully. So Carter and Kendra relationship will be less terrible.

He already was bud, this just confirms he's canon in the Rebirth-verse

You also forget that Hector Hall is Hawk and Dove's kid when Hawk was Extant and "raped" Dawn. also Didn't they show Carter already in the Casting? Shiera is superior than Kendra tho user.

Meh, Sandman is interesting because it's such a unique creepy comic in general, not because the character would make for great appearances in superhero books. I remember him being in an issue of Morrison's JLA though, still seemed out of place to me.

>the back is just a black sheet
That's not a fucking map.

>Didn't they show Carter already in the Casting?

That was in flashbacks.

that's awesome

It's a Printout of a Map or a Scan

Do you think the Presence will have a role in this story?

Is Snyder finally going to admit he's just been ripping off Morrison with no real understanding of his work?

Since they are using Vertigo charcters i have no doubt they will use other Vertigo charcters in this and Doomsday Clock

Johns wants to shill his version of the character. Bringing back the Egyptian Hawks and tying them to Thanagarian hawks was a big mistake.

This.

Kendra was an interesting character because it actually dealt with the reincarnation thing with something new and different rather than immediately going "omg I remember you now and thus unconditionally love you with all my heart!"

She pretty tho

Just as soon as Morrison admits he has been plagiarizing Silver Age and Moore's work.

>Johns is now too high profile to work on the JSA again
>Hitch stating how much he wants to work on JSA next
Oh god why.

LOOKS LIKE SNYDER SAW STRANGER THINGS YOU GUYS

>Dream appears
Snyder does go for the Waifu bait I'm shocked

doesn't *

I am betting Death will appear

DARK UNIVERSE LMAO

I only trust Paul Cornell to write Death properly.

>Snyder is just going to keep ruining Morrison ideas.

Get ready for Ultimate JSA.

That's Geoff Johns rule, sandman was always Canon, but always respected. Johns doesn't give a shit about vertigo, he will include every IP Warner orders him. The guy as an editor is a catastrophe.

I don't understand how people continue to defend him.

>these are the casuals that I share this board with
I'm a certified masochist, no denying.

Johnsfags have no right to call anyone a casual

Johns is pure unfiltered cancer.

>anyone that calls out bullshit is a Johnsfag
Ok casual.

>officially canonised
it was always canon, you idiot.
Daniel Hall Dream was popping in Johns JSA.
He is the grandson of GA Hawks.
Read a fucking book.

We already have nu52 JSA, user.

Thats exciting. Can Death show up next now please?

I do not trust Snyder with Sandman characters.

Maybe they shouldn't have set Hawkworld in the present time, and given all of Katar's pre-crisis history and relationships to Cater then.

You know they need Gaiman's permision for this stuff right?

They don't actually, stop repeating Rich the Leech's 20 year old meme rumor already.

Lets find out right now, tell us what the reveal is.

He didn't even read the damn thread.

I'm going to feel nothing because I'm not going to support another Batman event written by Scott Snyder, it's bad enough that this shit will probably bleed over into the few DC titles I'm currently pulling.

Sandman always took place in DC I thought, I remember one issue he works with Constantine to get back some stolen relics that relate to sleep and dreaming. The entire justice league gets KO'd by some skeep dust shit, and at the end Martian Manhunter spills his spaghetti because he sees Dream as a revered Martian god, which suggests that Dream appears differently to different species.

Wasn't it part of the Multiverse since forever?

They've at least been in since Multiversity. Morrison even has their own little area on the map

so Dream and Batman are going to have a talk about the Hand. We The Presence or Doctor Manhattan now ?

Why must Snyder be in charge of big stuff when he's a hopeless and boring batfag

They were from the first few issues of Sandman. I have noticed a contingent of people on Sup Forums who have pushed the idea that nothing from Vertigo was ever part of the regular DCU, and that might have confused some people. That doesn't really make much sense, but I can see people trying to argue that stuff that was made after Vertigo was formed was in its own little universe (so post 1993)

cause Morrison is busy.

is Agent of The Dreaming going to become canon. If it is then bruce you have issues if you see death as a loli

They actually reference Barbatos going after Bruce through the ages in this issue. I thought he was just ripping off Morrison's concepts, but they actually acknowledged them directly here. Of course, you could still say that they're being badly used.

This is absolutely terrible.

The idea of might be salvageable, but the execution is sub-par.

but WE'RE BACK TO AN INFINITE MULTIVERSE GUYS WHY THE FUCK IS THERE A MULTIVERSITY MAP

Local Multiverse.

i'll accept that

What is this?

it was a failed pitch for a batman the animated series episode readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dark-Night-A-True-Batman-Story/Full?id=66511