Questionable Content thread

The title of this strip is "De Vermis Mysteriis."

Yeah, I dunno if JJ is suddenly trying to use Latin to look smart, or HP Lovecraft is somehow now in with the tumblrinas all of a sudden and Jeph trying to cash in.

Why the fuck did that dude change colors in the last 2 panels?

HAQUES

>he changed the coloring mid fucking strip

The regular boy deluxe model turns him into an actual human when he gets a boner.

a deluxe regular boner, or a regular deluxe boner?

When did momo get a job?

i think she got a job at the library or she's waiting tables

Years ago after Marigold got her that body. She has a job at the library Marten is at along with the now unseen lesbian that was turned ugly butch by Haques.

Does he have a vagina?

How tight is Claire's vagina?

Kek

Lovecraft is as tumblr as it gets.

Anybody wanna talk about Alice Grove ending?
What a piece of shit. How can you make a story start so shit, stay so shit and end so shit in one go? Look so shit, also. He must have some kinda magic powers.

Is that color change mid-strip on purpose? Does his body fluctuate colors? Also, what's up with this resolution? Did you blow this up, or is it native?
Jeph's main deal is that he doesn't try. He basically only draws right before a strip is up, so there's no time for revisions or anything. It's why 99.7% of QC strips are 2 characters standing and talking in front of line tool backgrounds.
As for Alice Grove, it look like he tried to do something else, but since he can't draw, it looks like shit.

See, the thing people get confused about is the fact that Jeph Jacques has NEVER improved at being a draftsman. Post all the comparisons you like, but he's never actually learnt a thing. He's literally only gotten better at drawing the shit he's drawn for the past 14 years.

Most artists improve their drafting skills by observing how things look and being able to replicate them, even if they haven't drawn that particular thing before. This is because they are refining a particular set of general tools, and can apply them in multiple novel circumstances. Jeph, however, has only learnt how to improve two characters standing. That's it. That's why the art immediately reverts the quality you'd expect out of him 10 years ago when characters have to do something that isn't standing at 3/4th length. Also note, that when I say he's improved, he hasn't gotten good, just better; things as simple as sitting in chairs look horrendous in QC.

I was more going on about the story and character dev.

Well, you got an answer.

>character named brun
>is brown-skinned
BRAVO

>what's up with this resolution
i think this is an early page for patreons. patreon user saves the images like this i guess

Is he getting a boner or something?

why the fuck would someone pay this guy money to see his dogshit comic a day early?

Jpeg, we want lesbian robosexual sex, not heterosexual robot sex.

Because it's fun to mock someone who doesn't deserve to be rewarded like this. I just chuck a dollar, some other saps pay $25 a month to have a "private q&a" with him.

The Deluxe Regular Boy and the Deluxe Regular Dyke Boi are the same model; their genital connection ports are hot swappable.

I still wanna see Faye bang Bubbles.

(Cue liquidmark pic in 5.....)

>of course we had to make the boy pink/with pink hair or else the tumblerinas won't like it.

Faggot looks like a genderbent version of princess bubblegum now.

When did hanners start with the fuckin dyke haircut?

Because almost every woman in this strip ends up with a dyke haircut at some point

Why is momo dressed like a waiter?

I'm sure someone will find some use with this.

> I don't know anything actually but watch me complain anyway

Just post the fucking cartoon without your brilliant commentary next time.

Also do you think Momo is still capable of shooting live eels from out of there

I wonder if they know how racist Lovecraft was

I also get cringe when I think back to how I used to follow this comic years ago.

I stopped around the time Stabby McStab stabbed himself for the upsetting the masses.

There are times when an author must stand by their work regardless of the criticism received. Instead, Stabby freaked out.

Whenever I see someone make a QC thread. I always come in to see how bad the comic has devolved to. Between the disgusting tranny shit, robot teasing, and other shitty plots. I'm glad I dropped this shit.

> I asked about the story and an autist rambled on about art
> that's your answer herp a derp derp
I guess Jeph's not the only one whose main deal is he doesn't try.

AG was set up to be a fairly large story and its difficulty arose from JJ's life threatening allergy to outlining anything. He's been writing gag panel work for so long that he can't fathom doing anything else and so long as Patreon keeps him from getting an actual job, he'll never need to.

He should be an idea man but let someone familiar with writing do the execution with JJ doing the quips.

Jeph must have realized that, which is why he stops being pink halfway through the strip.

wow you're a cunt. tits or gtfo

"I'm having a lot of fun!"
"Mineycrafta!"
"Brown Bricks!"

Holy shit, now that I think about this... you're absolutely right. This bombshell would completely butt-devastate their fee-fees.

you knew that was coming

I knew it was coming, but I still enjoy it.

Replacing Buckley with Winslow in every panel would work too.

I'm thinking a "This is me" edit would also work.

Shit. i forgot they had sci fi fantasy in this strip. been a long long time.

HPL is definitely in right now.
Still sort of niche, but known... it's in and will stay there for a long time.
FUCK! But maybe we'll get some more Howard inspired movies out of this. The big screen isn't and will never be ready for HPL.

Can someone please make a gif overlaying all the Winslows in this comic over each other with 1 second delay so we can see the huge color change he(?) goes through from the beginning of the comic to the end?

The change in color is metaphorical showcasing how he is slowly becoming more and more of a real human bean by dealing with the usual human situations of unconnectiveness with other people and desire for excitement in an overwhelmingly boring environment.

He married a Jew. Get over yourself, tumblr.

I'm not sure why, but Winslow being a "real boy" now makes me angry.
Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but this is like Pintsize giving Claire a free pass. Like this is now a mature comics for mature readers and silly things like tiny robots need to be slowly phased out. You can't have an allegory for racism (because he doesn't even have the balls to write actual discrimination - seriously, was anyone ever even laughed at by "bad people" for their gender/race/sexuality?) with some of the persecuted minority looking like literal toys.

What would you say the real 'essence' of QC is? Like if you boiled down this comic to its most basic meaning. What is Haques' creative philosophy?

He also hated women.

quick poll:

who is actively reading and enjoying this comic?
how long have you been?

Keep that scorecard handy, little faggot

>reading
yes
>enjoying
meh
I really liked it when I stared reading it. Maybe I just hope it goes back to the way it was. But no one does slice of life anymore, you can't just have a comic about something, you need a comic about SOMETHING. ALL/MOST OF THE TIME. I have better things to scratch that itch, thank you very much.
As for when I started - that was the "underpants" fight between Marten and Dora, so let me just check the archive...

yeah, that's clearly a Scandinavian namke.

>There are times when an author must stand by their work regardless of the criticism receive
Stabs isn't an artist. He's not doing this for artistic reasons, but monetary ones. His sole goal is to make his audience happy so they pay him.
When that fails, he freaks out. Also, I don't know what Tumblr was expecting, since he can't fucking draw anyway.

I miss her already

Jeph doesn't know how to capitalize on hits.

I like how the light source changes between the second and third panel, and he also forgot to color in the shading on his right arm in panel 3.

H
A
C
K

>Like this is now a mature comics for mature readers

If this was a "Mature" comic, Stabby wouldn't have glossed over if Claire has a penis or not.

SJW's don't let pesky things like facts get in their way for justice.

>he actually reads QC

Neck yourself.

>"Mature"
Exactly right. He clearly wants to do it, but he's afraid that if he does it wrong, people will yell at him again.
And to be fair, it doesn't matter how he's do any "sensitive" topic - people WILL yell at him. And then we're at The Stab 3: The Stabbening. So he just floats in Limbo.
Or you can always go the Willis route - Fuck you I'm always right you bigot!
comment section has been disabled due to toxic comments

> kanji in lower lefthand corner reads 'fun' phonetically
> it means shit

Jeph is too much of a normalfag pussy to do that. He just wants to please everyone, so the comic is bland and inoffensive as possible. Willis does it because he's a fucking autist

Jeph knows he's a shit person and has accepted it. Willis is terrified of anyone finding out how much of a cunt he is, and has built a giant fucking fortress around his ego only penetrable by his grandmother's perverted ghost.

QUALITY

Lovecraft changed his views later in life, although many just remember his early years of being a countryboy raised by an extremely racist grandma even for the day

Tolkien is a saint then?

Yes, the only people he hated were Turks. By the way, fuck Turks.

>February 2015
How time flies.

2 years to turn into utter shit talent wise and to con clueless schmucks.

Nigga, are you saying Jeph wasn't always a talentless hack?

Millennial progressive pandering. The trap is thinking it has to be aggressively leftest all the time to qualify. What this group wants most of the time is a warm blanket homeostasis and Jeph delivers. Just read his Twitter replies some time. Or maybe it's too late. Jeph used to have heavier cliffhangers on Friday but probably stopped due to the heavy complaint volume. It wasn't, "Man I don't want to wait until Monday!" Rather, "I'm getting PTSD anxiety by the mere possibility of these fictional characters getting into an argument!"

It's the latter except they hate Lovecraft and try to push bawdlerized shitty mythos books by tumblrites that amount to Dresden-ripoffs in blackface.

Why not just make Claire a robot? Everyone else in the comic is doing it.

Why is the color corrected in the second one?

This little nigga's been three different colors in the span of a week.

that's a boy robot

So I don't get it, the AI are now all "people" and have human rights and shit, but did Hannelore just BUY Winslow originally? Like he was just an ipod sitting in a box on a shelf and she owned him and played music from him for X years before she bought him a human body? And the same for all the others, they're just property? Except when they're not?

Still need to fix the shadow on the right arm in panel 3.

WHERE'S THE JOKE JACKS?

Nice

Inside his hand. He needs to get it out.

Hanners (best girl, btw) says she got him recently, but it's mentioned in other strip that you don't really buy them, it's more like an adoption process.

Fill out a form, and they set you up as a partnership that either party can terminate at any time.

Doesn't really fit in with the whole 'brand' bit though, where Winslow is an apple product, and others are supposed to be windows or linux.

It's a weird thought, knowing your soul was created by a corporation.

>It's a weird thought, knowing your soul was created by a corporation.
Huh? Yours wasn't? Weird.

>Hanners looking slim and sexy and wearing lipstick
It hurts that we lost this.

>not adding a tail in the third panel
Nobody would notice he's not actually ardent

Let it go user, it was never meant to be.

That was post singularity iirc, when overnight PCs got rights and shit. Marten and pintsize went to confirm their contract in some strips, the strips when spiderbot was introduced.
As far as I recall, pre singularity they were just owned.

>fuck up the colors in the last two panels
>try to fix this before the page goes up on the main site
>can't be fucked to go back to a previous version of the page and put the new colors in
>instead spend .004 seconds in ms paint with the fill in tool and color in the already corupted final draft
>don't even try to fix the borders on the outlines of the panels
How lazy can one man possibly be with his lifes work?

Huge problem caused by jeph making them sapient out of no where and retconning origins.

At first, pintsize, Winslow, momo, linuxbot, etc were just fancy computers. Like a chobit that isn't chii.

Then SINGULARITY. Ai bots were retconned into companions. Pintsize stopped being used as a laptop. Linuxbot never appeared again.

It gets weird. Hanners' dad makes AI indistinguishable from humans. They get put in toasters, fighter jets, space stations, jail, AR glasses, spiders, and humanoid bodies. Though they can choose to be in something else.

>inb4 he takes your post for his final version

That would require people actually reading Alice Grove and not immediately thinking Nightcrawler

Pandering isn't an ethos though, he just has one that does happen to pander.

He fixed the colours but never fixed the shading error on Winslow's right arm in panel 3.

So is this the start of a "Momo only liked him when he was a robot not a human" storyline that can parallel "I only liked him when he was a she" trans-rights thing or is this just Winslow getting used to his new body?

The latter of course