Comics that make you worry about their creators

>tfw if Grant Morrison ever gets cancer he's probably going to pull a Steve Jobs and spend a year trying alternative medicine before realizing it's bullshit

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathy_Acker
twitter.com/AnonBabble

More evidence of this, from The Invisibles.

I think that Morrison would just accept death, he would pull some crap like "this the will of the universe"

He'll say that he's immortalized already through his works. You can't kill an idea.

When he was writing the invisibles he claims that he got sick in parallel with King Mob being put through torture and suffering, so I think he's likely to try to magic away his cancer by writing a self insert getting better.

He's likely going to the doctor too though, brits like him and Moore go crazy in careful ways.

On an interview with Kevin Smith he said that he isn't afraid of death, but that he is afraid of dying. I think he has some sane views on alternative medicine and school medicine, namely that school medicine is more effective. So I think he would just get treated like every other joe but also try to magic his way out of dying in pain (or dying at all).

I hope Tom King is seeing a psychiatrist. His service in the military clearly did some things to him

He was in the CIA. Probably just gave soldiers and random civilans drugs while running false flags and spreading disinformation.

Morrison will succeed in curing his cancer via magic.

He was posted in Baghdad IIRC.

Whatever it did. That page is actually pretty good.

What did King do anyways that left him with so much guilt and PTSD that's it bleeds through his work

Reading anything by Inio Asano makes me worried about him.

Just being in the CIA is enough.

This is actually what happened to a friend of Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman's. She went on a "magic quest" rather than use traditional western medicine. Turned out as well as anyone would guess.

Source for this? I searched but couldn't find anything.

I get the impression Moore and Morrison may talk up a lot of magic stuff but they still may go to the doctor and such.

Besides, Morrison hasn't been vegetarian for a long time. He confirmed this in an interview in the early 00's and Chris Burnham further confirmed it in a recent interview.

Knowing Morrison he'll end up finding the alternative medicine that works and tell nobody about it.

>Morrison hasn't been vegetarian for a long time.
About time he realized Moore didn't eat meat. That parallel bothered me for years. They're supposed to be opposite.

To be fair this is probably at the absolute height of his madness, I can't remember if this was during his drug years or directly following them, but it was the time when he was trying to do all sorts of real sigil magick and shit, and he said that after Invisibles he was really bummed out that none of the magic stuff worked and started looking magic as more of a metaphorical thing.

That's when he started looking really hard at how fiction impacted reality, not directly, but by how readers responded to it.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathy_Acker

Nobody really knows for sure. I think he likes giving the impression that he saw fucked up shit he can't talk about because it adds to his mystique. And I think there's a high probability he didn't see anything and was just like a desk jockey contractor or something. But likely he at least knew people who saw or claimed to have seen fucked up shit, and he definitely knows some people who came back with PTSD.

I've noticed that now that he's already made a name for himself no one, himself included really talks about him being ex-CIA like they did when they were hyping up Sheriff and Omega Men.

>if this was during his drug years

Yeah Invisibles was the traveling the world and drug years. All that money from Arkham Asylum

>Tijuana

Even traditional medicine in Mexico would've killed her.

>died in Mexico
kek no wonder

I'm marathoning Cerebus right now. I'm fully expecting some serious shit going down. It's so weird how lighthearted it's been so far.

Dafuq

I'm debating on whether to take the plunge. A second hand bookstore has the first 4 or 5 books. The first one is pretty damaged though, so it's preventing me from diving right in.

>before realizing it's bullshit
works if you are not retarded

It's been fascinating so far. I wanna see just how far Dave Sim goes as the series progresses. As of now I'm on issue 5.

Steve Jobs wasn't exactly a genius, but I wouldn't call him retarded either. He was a very wealthy, educated adult who probably followed his holistic medicine routines about as well as anyone else could've followed them. They didn't work because they're bullshit.

So drug running, torture training, and misinfo.

I've read it, great comic, what relevance does it have to this thread

I'm only going by the first five issues, but so far it's already entertaining and the artwork is pretty solid. Before High Society it was just a straight parody of sword and sorcery comics that were all over the place at the time. Already I've seen lampoons of Red Sonja and Elric, both of which essentially worked. I really liked the first Elric issue, even if it ended a little abruptly.

Because of Sim's personal views, of which I have conflicting feelings on. From what I've read there are sides of him I really like and sides of him that may have gone a bit too far. It's not really concern for his health, but for his mental state. What interests me in the comic itself is that Sim's philosophies seem to have fundamentally swapped somewhere between the 70s and now. So far I have utmost respect for him, but concern could be well on its way.

It was pretty clear right about here that Frank Miller was always right

John Byrne not only wants to fuck a preteen, but he has a very specific way he wants it to go down. See, he wants the man to be the target of the little girl's desires so he can sorta exonerate himself of any wrong doing in this union. Now it'd be that he just couldn't help himself, he was being overwhelmed by someone else's desire, or worst, he's doing her some kinda favor.

I hope the police don't find the contents of his hardrive until I get my Fantastic Four Omnibuses, because as Jones's incident has shown they'll stop printing their work instantly.

>See, he wants the man to be the target of the little girl's desires
Who doesn't?

>tfw his consumerism segment was massively accurate

People called him crazy.

Christ, this. Japan's suicide rate is shockingly high, too.

Jesus Christ that's some brilliant use of distortion.

Depression and PTSD just seem to be things King is interested in. I bet even if he wasn't stationed in Iraq he'd still include those themes in his work in some way.

Exactly what he did is unknown/possibly classified, but Sheriff of Babylon is based on his experiences so that's a pretty good guide. Not the exact events mind, probably more the general atmosphere.

Didn't he write Omega Men and Sheriff of Babylon to work through his issues?

I actually learned something interesting awhile back. Apparently suicide rates amongst Japanese people living in France are incredibly high too.

I'm willing to bet he is pulling the Christopher Lee "I was in top secret shit but I didn't do anything so I'll just hint at stuff but never confirm it since it's classified and no one will ever know I was really just a desk jockey" type of thing.

I think Sheriff would be based on the experiences of other people, definitely. Also I'm pretty sure even if he was a desk jockey he wouldn't be able to talk about it.
Personally I think the only thing that could possibly be based on his own experiences would be the more indirect events of the series, like the whole "grey hair" character that shows up.

>he isn't afraid of death, but that he is afraid of dying
Same. I'm afraid that my brain justs send PANIC throughout my body and my last conscious moment are spent in mind numbing terror.

We'll if he was a desk jockey he'd probably have to suffer an ungodly amount of paperwork

If you think he's full of shit then by all means call him out on it.

Can't write a self insert. He did that during his run on Animal Man, which established he exists in the DC Universe. Waller recruited him into Suicide Squad, with powers of "Narrative Causality" or somesuch. Think the self awareness of GwenPool with some limited agency he can alter using his typewriter strapped to his chest. He got killed halfway though. My take on it is that Ostrander was taking the piss on him. So, that path isn't available; he can't make another self insert quasi-tulpa Grant Morrison.

I guess it's true what they say about manlets.

Doesn't Annie Wu have severe bouts of depression?

Many webcomic authors make me extremely worried, specifically whoever wrote Pastel Defender.

Apparently she now has a weird MLP Fanfiction community dedicated to her. I've actually read some of them, they're well written but incredibly misanthropic.

They have both a high average IQ which easily affords the abstract thought people need to become suicidal coupled with an extremely high expectation culture.

So they have a life where failure is always a threat and they're pelted with a million what if scenarios about after the fact.

It's because the Japanese have this dream like vision and crazy obsession with France. When they get their and it's a shit hole the reality hits hard

I also think the Japanese version of polite conduct and the French version are pretty different.

>short girls
If they are stacked then god damn. But if they are dwarves then instant boner killer.