15 years ago these where the 3 pillars of Marvel, selling 80 to 100k monthly

>15 years ago these where the 3 pillars of Marvel, selling 80 to 100k monthly
>today they are all gone down to shit
what are the new pillars of Marvel really? i know they tried to push iron man and Inhumans but that didnt work out

Marvel has no pillars, just rubble.

Marvel needs a Heroes Reborn, but only for the Fantastic 4 and the X Men.

And they need to give a lot of freedom to writers, like they did with Morrison in the early 2000s.

X Men can easily have 6-7 successfull books simultaneously, and the F4 could have a couple of books too.
The mutant angle of Franklin would get more attention too.

You are welcome.

Were the Fantastic Four really that big 15 years ago?

I know that X-Men and Spider-Man have been a big deal for the last few decades, but the FF have never really seemed to be on the same plateau.

Maybe back in the 60s or 70s when they were MArvel's First Family, but in the 90s?

Like Nosgoth?

he is wrong, in the 90s the F4 were not selling well at all, the 80s were their last good decade.

I don't remember the F4 being pillars of anything

15 years ago was 2002

They haven't been for a long time. But they're still Marvel's first family. Them not having a book is like if DC suddenly stopped publishing Superman because it doesn't bring in Batman numbers.

Yes. There was the Mark Waid run on FF. You had JMS on ASM and Morrison on NXM.

I'd argue the pillars have always been FF/Cosmic, Spidey/Street Level, X-Men and Avengers. Avengers weren't as big but they're still an important landmark book for Marvel. I love the FF but I don't really mind em bein gone for awhile after all of Hickman's work with them.

The Muties, frankly, are old and tired for me at this point. It's hard for me to care about their struggles when none of them can ever truly matter. No matter how many new generations of X-Men they create, no matter how many times the species is persecuted and driven to the brink of extinction, their world will continue to revolve around the melodrama between the Claremont era characters. Which is fine, I don't begrudge them's what like it, but it's worn thin for me. I know I'd hate to be in charge of the X-department. Spider-Man is sort of in the same boat, I read the book when he was married so everything since OMD has felt particularly stunted.

That would require the dumb old assholes at Marvel and Disney with all the power and money to give a single fuck about comic readers.
Instead they focus on making as much money as possible. like any of those fucking shitheels either need it or can take it with them when they have a triple coronary and die while fucking a 16 year old rentboy they picked up and brought back to their penthouse from the shitty part of town.

Marvels output being about movie synergy and a way to promote films and tv properties aint going away anytime soon.

In fact thats probably a good 2/3's of why theyre doing so completely shit right now.

At this point Marvel needs a new 52 style reboot. Like, only a total reboot will wipe away the MOUNTAINS of tangled-up shit that have overcome its continuity. No matter how it turns out, it can't be any worse.

I actually thought they were going to do that after secret wars, they had the perfect occasion to. Instead they just got rid of what few entertaining ideas they had (RIP superior Tony.)

won't happen. brevoort is against crisis style reboots.

wait, there is a THIRD picture of him out now? Is he getting sloppy?

they are the pillars of marvel cosmic you dolt
Hickman age. And it was great then

Nah
60s - 70s: F4, Spider-Man, Hulk
70s - 80s: Hulk, Spider-Man, mostly Spider-Man
80s - 90s: X-Men, Anit-heroes like GR and such get popular, other misc. Horror shit like Werewolf by Night
90s - 00s: Venom, Punisher, Sniktbub
00s - 10s: Still Spider-Man, especially considering the movie trilogy. Memepool too
Present: Cap, Thor, Iron Man

This probably couldn't be more wrong if you tried. 00s were the age of the X-Men, more than perhaps any other decade. Morrison, Whedon, House of M, the Messiah Trilogy. This was a huge time for the X-Men.

>Were the Fantastic Four really that big 15 years ago?
NO but was one of the 4 core books from Marvel: Avengers, Fantastic four, Spiderman and Xmen, nowadays are replaced with Guardians in the MCU and Marvel don't need them other than for some villains

>Cap, Thor, Iron Man
lmao
call me when those three sell 100k, especially Iron Man

Iron Man and Cap were only really big deals during Civil War. Other than that they have never been A listers

I would add Thor post-CW, he was a big deal until JMS ragequit because of Siege and Fraction and later Aaron screwed the book.

I would have rage quit too, fuck Bends. but yeah, the JMS is a lot of the time talked about as the 2nd best Thor run. I love it but I think that's overstating it a bit.

It had potential to be but he left the book after like 18 issues or so.

From which decade to which decade should I limit my comic purchases to?

Did they even explain what happened to Superior Tony? I didn't pick up his series after Secret Wars and from what I remember Superior was building up to some big stuff, so did they just timeskip over it all after Sercet Wars?

none, each have some great stuff. I really like the street level DC in the 80s, Marvel in the 2000s I like, 90s was when Vertigo was kicking it out of the park.

I'd say Daredevil belongs in 80s and 00s.

He was superhero through whom comic book world discovered Frank Miller and Brian Michael Bendis, and they shook the comic book world with awesome stories they introduced in Daredevil. And Born Again is simply best comic book story ever.

And let me say this about Bendis, his Daredevil isn't best Daredevil, but Bendis' Daredevil is best Bendis.

Marvel purposefully ruined them.

Wrong. Plus spiderman still sells and gets a push.

Heroes reborn failed.

Won't happen, Marvel thinks reboots are stupid. Plus DC will probably reboot in 2023.

They tried to wrap it up in the prelude to Battleworld, with mixed results.

They stopped being sellers in the 90s.

They've canonically rebooted 8 times

>are all gone down to shit
SJW's took over Marvel. That is the reason.

8 multiverses, we've only ever read from 2 though

Fucking wrong. I can't even count the number of books the X-men had during the 90s. All of which flooded the market and the sales charts.

it failed to make Avengers and F4 books sell. I think X-Men could sell even having no contact with the rest of the Marvel universe.
There was no crossover with the rest of Marvel in the Morrison run, the same goes for Whedon apart from a few panels with the F4, almost a cameo, and most of the classic stories of Morrison (iirc Thor was for some reason in Mutant Massacre and Inferno affected all New York heroes)

I think we could have an X force, an X Factor, a New Mutans/Generation X, and 2 or 3 X Men books, simultaneously, all selling above cancellation numbers, + Wolverine and Deadpool books

>F4 was a pillar

Of what, lukewarm margarine?