>people like Megas XLR
>but hate Rick and Morty
Explain this.

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/glixel/features/rick-and-morty-creator-interview-w493420
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

chicks dig giant robots

Well, in my case it's voice acting.
I can't stand listening to either Rick or Morty, and considering the show is named "Rick & Morty", I'll pass.

One is a Reddit show. The other isnt

this,first of all.
Secondly megas is more than spewing out random shit even it's jokes have proper introduction and isn't ham-fisted.
Of course great action, fantastic soundtrack likeable and relateable characters all add up

>H h h hey mortty BURP chicks yknow chicks dont ya morty? Chicks d d d d d dig they dig BURRP they dig giant robots

Living is reddit.

God I miss Megas. It started getting stale towards the end, but the constant running gags we're fucking hilarious.

How are they remotely similar?

>people like Megas XLR
>but hate Rick and Morty
>Explain this.
What's there to explain, they're are two very different shows, sure they both make references, megas to the 90's and sci-fi, and rick and morty to more lovecraftian sci fi, but that hardly means they're the same. For me rick and morty has some good ideas but either drops or decides to set up a straw man to justify them, coupled with the fact that I personally don't find it funny makes it a kind of weak show imo, though I could see why somebody might like it. Megas xlr is just a fun show about giant robots, the visual gags/comedy are great, the va's do a fantastic job, animation/fight scenes are aesthetically pleasing, the cast of villains and scenarios are so much fun.

More pounding?

Also I feel blessed that I have access to Tooncast, they love to air Megas there.

>but hate Rick and Morty
Only contrarian faggots.

You forgot the obligatory
>God isn't real Morty

He never says that to Morty though.

Because Megas XLR is a lowbrow comedy about some guys finding a giant robot filled with anime references.

It ain't reaching but it does what it does good.

List all of the anime references in Megas XLR.

LIVING HERE IN JERSEY
FIGHTING VILLAINS FROM AFAR

Ho boy, just off the top of my head, Macross, Yamato, Captain Harlock, Gatchaman, Sailor Moon, Golion/Voltron, UC Gundam, Mazinger, Raideen, Daitarn 3. There are probably more that I don't remember.

There's also references to Combattler V and other shows just with Megas' attacks.

There were also references to FLCL, The Planet Eater being a nod to Hellstar Remina , and Gunbuster,

>One is a reference/homage filled show about robots, stupid anime shit that people know is stupid on analysis but still enjoy, video games, and not being a whiny nihilistic cunt

>The other has turned into a
more random "we're smart and people better recognize bo-yee", shit on "Meg", atheism is +1 attempt at a sci fi comedy that wants to have its cake and eat it too

I wonder why people like Megas and not Rick show starring Rick. A real head scratcher, ey?

>stupid anime shit
Who goes on Sup Forums and posts something like this?

Megas was around when internet fandoms weren't as big, wasn't as popular, and has nostalgia factor, R&M is largely popular so we have to pretend to hate it because we don't wanna be associated with reddit or normies by proxy.

true, true...

>so we have to pretend to hate it
lol ok

Nothing to do with each other. Stop forcing comparisons and fuck off.

Why do people like you always like Ben 10 and Gravity Falls?

>Writing unrelated gibberish as a response

>I'm Pickle Rick?

EBIN MEME XDDD UPBOATED!

Nice!

people don't really hate rick and morty, its mostly false flagging and trolling.

Nah I genuinely dislike the show.

t. falseflagger

t. faggot in denial
You fanboys really are the worst.

Megas XLR is just so mind numbingly mediocre no one even bothers to shit on it.

>Megas XLR
Good
>Rick and Morty
Bad

I'm surprised you couldn't figure that out yourself but then again, you are a R&M fan, so I shouldn't expect you to understand simple things.

>

t. falseflagger

>Neckbeard is having an autistic tantrum again
Typical

Wrong. Well, mostly. It's more hate what it's become. Season 1 was fun. 2 was mlre of the same and had a lot of hit or miss episodes, but ended on a high note. Season 3 shat on that note for Rick circlejerking. That and Jerry bashing.

Frankly, I think they are just doing what MacFarlane is now. They know they have an audience now. They know they can bullshit stuff and still get the same paycheck from their network. So why bother? Make it seem deep but really it's just a nice paint job on a burner atm.

Rick has a nice voice though. Mortys voice is alittle pubescent this season however.

They literally have the exact same voice actor.

The robot itself has been said to be a reference to TTGL (before it was created) and NGE.

Well one is fun and enjoyable, the other is Rick and Morty.

Nice.

XLR was pretty dumb most of the time.

Reminder Roiland shitposts here.

Proof?

I mean yeah Rick and Morty is shit but Megas was even shitter

rollingstone.com/glixel/features/rick-and-morty-creator-interview-w493420
Well he did at least.

this picture says it all
expecting anything from someone who has this in the office
he's pretty much a redditor

>"I would not only agree, but just shit talk myself as a totally anonymous user and dig in deeper than anyone else could. Just ranting about how fucking horrible the voice actor doing Rick and Morty was, how horrible these fucking characters were, and what kind of piece of shit creator made this."

Well shit, this makes me feel better about shitposting on this site. It's probably the creator of whatever's being criticized.

>Being contrarian

So, what makes Rick and Morty bad?

and i dig big chubby men

>Rick and Morty
>Lovecraftian
I hate that "Lovecraftian" has become a buzzword meaning "alien with tentacles"

>Everything I don't like is "Reddit"
>a child's guide to posting on Sup Forums

People have talked these points to death, lurk more faggot

>If someone has a different opinion from me they're contrarian

If someone made that image that would be extremely useful.

I meant the whole "there exist cosmic horrors beyond human comprehension and the universe is cold and unfeeling to humans" one example being the giant space heads who view planets as sources of entertainment and nothing else.

>People have talked these points to death
Then list them.

They never do.